What would people say if God came down from the heavens?

Use this philosophy forum to discuss and debate general philosophy topics that don't fit into one of the other categories.

This forum is NOT for factual, informational or scientific questions about philosophy (e.g. "What year was Socrates born?"). Those kind of questions can be asked in the off-topic section.
-1-

Re: What would people say if God came down from the heavens?

Post by -1- »

Ruskin wrote:They may ask how something that is infinite can move anywhere seeing as there won't be anywhere something that is infinite doesn't already already occupy. Unless you the second coming in glory of the risen Christ who would then do battle with the Satanic forces controlling the Earth at that point under the command of the anti-Christ resulting in the ultimate end of the world.
General vote by plebiscite? (I wish the ultimat gov' of the world to be ___God or ____Satan)

Communist propaganda vs Coca Cola and Big Mac ads?

Chariots vs gladiators?

Starwars vs thermonuclear devices?

Prayer vs hatred?

We got them all. God has no chance. Neither does Satan.

It entirely depends which of the two is perceived to serve the interests of Big Oil and of the US military-industrial complex better.
This search engine is powered by Hunger, Thirst, and a desperate need to Mate.
Rr6
Favorite Philosopher: R. Bucky Fuller

Post by Rr6 »

Barry Sears---Hi R6

Right back at you.
,I do share the same view here and believe that God as a oneness is a Universal figure
God is a "figure"? Universe is a figure?

https://www.google.com/search?q=figure& ... 8&oe=utf-8
..."a person's bodily shape, especially that of a woman and when considered to be attractive.".....
and so the idea God is within us applies.
"G"od is "Universe.

God is Universe aka Uni-V-erse

God/Universe is is that within us and without us, not just one or the other. Just to be clear.

Universe is everything including me,
Environment is everything excluding me.....R. B. Fuller

There is no fancy philosophical wording around the obvious truths. imho

r6
"U"niverse > UniVerse > universe > I-verse < you-verse < we-verse < them-verse
Barry Sears

Post by Barry Sears »

The word "figure" does sound weird but when giving it more thought it really describes that the structure has an order in the form of a figure. Tradition has now been interpreted this is as a human body figure but when I view the manifestation of the energy the figure that is formed at the level of our planet is as you can see in my picture, more an amalgamation of different animal features, with wings and a tail... still a figure.

As manifested as a super structure in comparison to life forms on Earth, the projection of this to a Celestial / Heavenly form becomes easier to see. Once the World was believed to be flat, do you think our Celestial surroundings to be flat?

One, Won, Wan, 1 - Is your post, what you believe people will say if suddenly they found communication with God? It seems very battle focused / confrontational. Would it be a possibility that what you may be talking about with regards to a battle is the power of a person that contains in one hand the ability to do bad and in the other hand the ability to do good. I ask is it possible that this battle is not between two people with power but one person with ability?
Rr6

Post by Rr6 »

Barry, none of your below appears to be relevant to what Ive stated and restated to you for clarity. You seem to want to obscure and obfuscate what Ive stated clearly

"U"niverse/"G"od is inherently twoness/duality of space---non-occupied and occupied---and metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concept. i.e. the one "U"niverse/"G"od has three primary aspects. Simple not complex. 123, ABC thats how easy "U"niverse can be.....sung to M. Jackson tune.

"G"od is "U"niverse.

God is Universe aka Uni-V-erse aka Space ( ) Time ^v - Space )(

God/Universe is is that within us and without us, not just one or the other. Just to be clear.

Universe is everything including me,
Environment is everything excluding me.....R. B. Fuller

There is no fancy philosophical wording around the obvious truths. imho

r6
Barry Sears wrote:The word "figure" does sound weird but when giving it more thought it really describes that the structure has an order in the form of a figure. Tradition has now been interpreted this is as a human body figure but when I view the manifestation of the energy the figure that is formed at the level of our planet is as you can see in my picture, more an amalgamation of different animal features, with wings and a tail... still a figure.

As manifested as a super structure in comparison to life forms on Earth, the projection of this to a Celestial / Heavenly form becomes easier to see. Once the World was believed to be flat, do you think our Celestial surroundings to be flat?

One, Won, Wan, 1 - Is your post, what you believe people will say if suddenly they found communication with God? It seems very battle focused / confrontational. Would it be a possibility that what you may be talking about with regards to a battle is the power of a person that contains in one hand the ability to do bad and in the other hand the ability to do good. I ask is it possible that this battle is not between two people with power but one person with ability?
-1-

Post by -1- »

"If you are god AND you're infinitely good, how come I'm still married to my wife and have to go to work every day?"

"Can you explain to me the meaning of life, the way time works in the quantum mechanism sense, and help my kid with his Geography homework?"

"Forget turning water into wine... teach me instead how to make synthetic Coke and transparent aluminum."

"I don't want to know about the future of the church or about how mankind should benefit... just gimme the name of one horse."
Rr6

Post by Rr6 »

-1----"If you are god AND you're infinitely good, how come I'm still married to my wife and have to go to work every day?"
No pain no gain.
"Can you explain to me the meaning of life, the way time works in the quantum mechanism sense, and help my kid with his Geography homework?"
See my 4 level/line turned inside-out were 0, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24 define a sine-wave topology ergo associated with our observed time/reality/physical/energy/frequencies etc....
"Forget turning water into wine... teach me instead how to make synthetic Coke and transparent aluminum."
God does not allow violation of our finite set of cosmic laws/principles. Most humans still don't get this. Most still there is infinite this and infinite that nonsense. There exists only infinite non-occupied space. Simple not complex to grasp.
"I don't want to know about the future of the church or about how mankind should benefit... just gimme the name of one horse."
Secretariat, Sea-biscuit, Black Beauty. No charge for the extra two.

r6
-1-

Post by -1- »

-1- wrote: "Can you explain to me the meaning of life, the way time works in the quantum mechanism sense, and help my kid with his Geography homework?"
Rr6 wrote: See my 4 level/line turned inside-out were 0, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24 define a sine-wave topology ergo associated with our observed time/reality/physical/energy/frequencies etc....
Thank you, God!
Rr6

Post by Rr6 »

-1- wrote:Thank you, God!
No need for God to answer those relatively simple questions--- wouldn't happen anyway ---that is why answered.

Your welcome.

I also have answers for (--)....spooky-action-at-distance aka entanglement ----(!)

r6
-1-

Post by -1- »

Rr6 wrote: I also have answers for (--)....spooky-action-at-distance aka entanglement ----(!)

r6
So do I! Haha! And thank god you're not god.

-- Updated 2017 March 10th, 6:11 pm to add the following --
Rr6 wrote: God does not allow violation of our finite set of cosmic laws/principles. Most humans still don't get this. Most still there is infinite this and infinite that nonsense. There exists only infinite non-occupied space. Simple not complex to grasp.

r6
In this case, God is not supernatural. In fact, there is no need for a God concept if He can't direct supernatural forces to act on our world. He simply is redundant then.
Rr6

Post by Rr6 »

Rr6 wrote:I also have answers for (--)....spooky-action-at-distance aka entanglement ----(!)r6
-1----So do I! Haha! And thank god you're not god.
My ideas of entanglement follow rational, logical common sense pathways. 'Ive not seen any others ideas of entanglement follow any rational, logical common sense. I doubt yours does.

-- Updated 2017 March 10th, 6:11 pm to add the following --
Rr6 wrote: God does not allow violation of our finite set of cosmic laws/principles. Most humans still don't get this. Most still there is infinite this and infinite that nonsense. There exists only infinite non-occupied space. Simple not complex to grasp. r6
In this case, God is not supernatural. In fact, there is no need for a God concept if He can't direct supernatural forces to act on our world. He simply is redundant then.
Depends onhow we define super-natural I think that has been dissected in this thread if not others.

I will simplify it for you. All of our finite, occupied space Universe/God is nature/natural. If super means something/some thing beyond that finite, occupied space Universe/God, then no, God/Universe is not super-natural. This again is just rational, logical common sense pathways.

123, ABC that's how easy Universe/God can be. imho

r6
-1-

Post by -1- »

Dear Rr6; 123, ABC is still to complex for me. If god is simply, 123, ABC natural occupied space, then what is it that separates us and the material / energy / spacial / time-driven universe from God? this is a genuine question. Please don't say "nothing" because then you capitulate to my inferior logic, which said that in that case God is a redundant concept, completely unnecessary and wholly disposable.

I agree with you, and along with you I doubt my ideas about entanglement follow logical pathways like yours do, as you've proven it or rather shown to me, that your logical mind and logical deductions / inductions can't be beaten by any man, woman or child, alive or dead.
Rr6

Post by Rr6 »

-1-==Dear Rr6; 123, ABC is still to complex for me. If god is simply, 123, ABC....
You misunderstand since I did not even post it. You making false projections instead of looking for truth.
natural occupied space, then what is it that separates us and the material / energy / spacial / time-driven universe from God? this is a genuine question.
Your still confused. Humans are not separate from nature, occupied space, energy or Universe/God. Not sure where you get these false ideas.

I think your ego is most likely getting in the way of obvious rational, logical common sense truths.

Your questions may be "genuine" but lack sincerity at more.
Please don't say "nothing" because then you capitulate to my inferior logic, which said that in that case God is a redundant concept, completely unnecessary and wholly disposable.
Yes, afreed, there exist many words that are synonyms ergo redundant if used in same sentence. Universe/God/Cosmos/Great Spirit/Great Mama/The Whole Sha-bang/Macro-micro-cosm/Everhthing/ etc......

I agree with you, and along with you I doubt my ideas about entanglement follow logical pathways like yours do, as you've proven it
"proven it"?. Again this appears to be false projections on your part. Skewing what I stated into something Ive not stated.
or rather shown to me, that your logical mind and logical deductions / inductions can't be beaten by any man, woman or child, alive or dead.
These are you conclusions, not mine. Best if you stick to what Ive stated and not false projections. imho

Please share when you want to have a rational, logical common sense discussion.

r6
-1-

Post by -1- »

I will study and study and then again study harder your words, o Rr6, for you have proven me so wrong in so many instances... your great mind which dwarves mine is a shining beacon for me any time I want to get convinced I am not as great and smart as you are.

For instance, you are able to write, and I quote you, """I will simplify it for you. All of our finite, occupied space Universe/God is nature/natural. If super means something/some thing beyond that finite, occupied space Universe/God, then no, God/Universe is not super-natural. This again is just rational, logical common sense pathways.

123, ABC that's how easy Universe/God can be. imho"""

and then you can turn around in a flash and claim that you did not write this as this quote of yours shows:

""" "-1-==Dear Rr6; 123, ABC is still to complex for me. If god is simply, 123, ABC...."

You misunderstand since I did not even post it."""

It indeed takes a great mind to be able to deny simple truths that can be verified otherwise in an instant, and be satisfied that he is still right about it.

Just please tell me one thing, and one thing only: since you so bravely ignore the principle of the excluded middle, what is it that makes you believe that two things that are completely equivalent are two separate things? This is probably the most important lesson you could imbue me at present time. If you say, A==B, and I say B therefore can be discarded from the system, then what is in your mind that so vehemently and adamantly makes you insist that B can't be discarded?

You also have a great quality which I lack, and wish you could teach me how to have it. Consider the following quote:

""" "natural occupied space, then what is it that separates us and the material / energy / spacial / time-driven universe from God? this is a genuine question."

Your still confused. Humans are not separate from nature, occupied space, energy or Universe/God. Not sure where you get these false ideas."""

Thou so marvellously, inimitably, brilliantly misunderstood my question, by parsing it illogically and not according to the rules of syntax. You thought (mistakenly, o Master) that I contrasted US against REALITY; whereas if you re-read the sentence, then even you, with your so much more superior mind than mine, in your estimate, will see that I included US in the set of thing things in the UNIVERSE, and then I contrasted that whole lot against what you called God. A simple way of guiding the eye would be to consider that separation is between elements that are separated in the sentence by the preposition "from" instead of by the connective "and".

So, as you can see, I have three things to learn from your greatness: 1. How to instantly forget what I have said, much like you have shown you have instantly forgot what you had said two posts up; 2. How to be haughty and state of to you unknown, unstated theories that they must be necessarily not logical and much inferior to your logical explanations, without even reading them; and 3. How to misread completely straight and clear sentences and interpret them in a way that serves your argument, but only due to the fact that you can't or you wouldn't parse properly a relatively simple sentence.

These are the things in your great argumenting or debating style that ALAS! I will never be able to make my own, because I basically frown on them, I find them haughty and insulting to others, generally illiterate, and altogether not worthy of myself, because they are degrading others, which would help lower my dignity and that of my debating partner.

How you can do these things and still go home with a clear conscience at the end of the day is a complete mystery to me. You blindly contradicted yourself; you argue against well-established and logical tenets of classical logic; you deliberately or else due to lack of skill wouldn't properly parse a sentence in your own language for meaning; and you on top of that declare that of two unstated theories, yours must a priori be more logical and more sensible or rational than mine.

You take the cake, my friend.
Rr6

Post by Rr6 »

-1-==I will study and study and then again study harder your words, o Rr6, for you have proven me so wrong in so many instances... your great mind which dwarves mine is a shining beacon for me any time I want to get convinced I am not as great and smart as you are.
More repeated false projections on your part. Typical of those who have ego based mental blockages.
r6--
r6--123, ABC that's how easy Universe/God can be. imho"""
and then you can turn around in a flash and claim that you did not write this as this quote of yours shows:
I made no such statement denying my statement as you state here above. You still making false projections. Ego based mental blockages to truth is unbecoming of you and any humans in general. Waste of valuable mind and energy. imho
r6--""" "-1-==Dear Rr6; 123, ABC is still to complex for me. If god is simply, 123, ABC...."

You misunderstand since I did not even post it."""
Thats correct statement, I did not present you with my 123, ABC scenario, only that I have one that is as easy as 123, ABC. Your confused, misunderstand, have false projections that are resultant of ego. imho
It indeed takes a great mind to be able to deny simple truths that can be verified otherwise in an instant, and be satisfied that he is still right about it.
You have not offered us any simple truths. You have copy some text and posted it, along with misunderstandings and false projections. :-(
Just please tell me one thing, and one thing only: since you so bravely ignore the principle of the excluded middle, what is it that makes you believe that two things that are completely equivalent are two separate things? This is probably the most important lesson you could imbue me at present time. If you say, A==B, and I say B therefore can be discarded from the system, then what is in your mind that so vehemently and adamantly makes you insist that B can't be discarded?
I have no idea what it is your think your going on about, It is certainly irrelevant to any of my comments to you, as stated. Your confused, misunderstand have ego based mental blockages to truth. imho

You also have a great quality which I lack, and wish you could teach me how to have it. Consider the following quote:
""" "natural occupied space, then what is it that separates us and the material / energy / spacial / time-driven universe from God? this is a genuine question."

r6--Your still confused. Humans are not separate from nature, occupied space, energy or Universe/God. Not sure where you get these false ideas."""
Thou so marvellously, inimitably, brilliantly misunderstood my question, by parsing it illogically and not according to the rules of syntax. You thought (mistakenly, o Master) that I contrasted US against REALITY;
Now your bringing a new term--- reality ---- into the conversation.

Code: Select all

whereas if you re-read the sentence, then even you, with your so much more superior mind than mine, in your estimate, will see that I included US in the set of thing things in the UNIVERSE, and then I contrasted that whole lot against what you called God. A simple way of guiding the eye would be to consider that separation is between elements that are separated in the sentence by the preposition "from" instead of by the connective "and".
Huh? Sorry dude, you following some zig-zagging path of irrational, illogical content that I cannot follow. Your also presenting more false projections, and not what Ive stated.
So, as you can see, I have three things to learn from your greatness: 1. How to instantly forget what I have said, much like you have shown you have instantly forgot what you had said two posts up; 2. How to be haughty and state of to you unknown, unstated theories that they must be necessarily not logical and much inferior to your logical explanations, without even reading them; and 3. How to misread completely straight and clear sentences and interpret them in a way that serves your argument, but only due to the fact that you can't or you wouldn't parse properly a relatively simple sentence.
I don't see you as have learned anything, forgot anything of offer anything of any relevant significance.
These are the things in your great argumenting or debating style that ALAS! I will never be able to make my own, because I basically frown on them, I find them haughty and insulting to others, generally illiterate, and altogether not worthy of myself, because they are degrading others, which would help lower my dignity and that of my debating partner.
How you can do these things and still go home with a clear conscience at the end of the day is a complete mystery to me. You blindly contradicted yourself; you argue against well-established and logical tenets of classical logic; you deliberately or else due to lack of skill wouldn't properly parse a sentence in your own language for meaning; and you on top of that declare that of two unstated theories, yours must a priori be more logical and more sensible or rational than mine.
You take the cake, my friend.
Please share when you have some rational, logical common sense, that is actually based on my comments as stated and not a bunch of repeated false projections. It would also help if it was significantly relevant to anything I've stated. Sadly it is not.

r6
Barry Sears

Post by Barry Sears »

Barry, none of your below appears to be relevant to what Ive stated and restated to you for clarity. You seem to want to obscure and obfuscate what Ive stated clearly

"U"niverse/"G"od is inherently twoness/duality of space---non-occupied and occupied

Hi R6 Well not really, because what I have written about is how I perceive or choose to explain things. I was not commenting on your comprehension. If I was to comment I would suggest that the Universe is everything. By definition this would be both occupied and non occupied space. In addition to this I believe the word God is also defined as the Universe, both occupied and non occupied space. I believe the word God is an image of life and forms an order or template to the structure of the Universe.

This is how I interpret the words, but with respect to your posts, as I have read you writing more extensively than most, I comprehend how you define these words and so I can accept how you word your explanations because of your definitions. I do not have a problem with this.

Likewise you are quite familiar with my physical break down and macro-cosmic projection of life and I use definitions to express how I comprehend these. My perspective is a fresh look at the physical aspects of life. Life "on" Earth has evolved over time on a physical level with direct correlation to the formation of the World body itself. I have been able to see the evolutionary process of the planets, being described as a more organic process and life-cycle. This has given logic and truth, understanding to various scientific data. Life on Earth is a smaller expression to this structure and it is before our very eyes to see, but requires to be looked at in this manner to see.

I however have been much more privileged to see how this is forged within the structure of our surrounding Celestial Energy system of which is defined traditionally as the Father or Nut figure...who resides in this "Heavenly" realm. I see and have developed a physical communicative relationship with the Celestial body formation and see it as a projection of the Earthly structure spiralling surrounding us in full glory from the Northern polar to the Southern.

As I have been educated with the scientific knowledge of today I visualise how thousands / millions of Galaxies each containing these micro structures also live in a cycle of time almost incomprehensible. These structures all similar in formation not random formations but all evolving to a similar design, like seeds germinating in a garden. Beyond this is incomprehensible but the rhythm of life suggest that they too amalgamate by design to form a small part of another structure. As far as our imagination takes us the complete unit is defined as the Universe. Although the imagination suggests, that logic would say, that this universe then becomes but a speck of sand that becomes just a tiny part of a much larger structure.

I as a structure contain both occupied and non occupied space. The smaller you look the larger the non occupied space but at a certain level you see me a complete unit. (or whatever words you choose to give title to I)

If you are god... just gimme the name of one horse."

I think the grape vine is worth considering here. God as a Universal figure radiates an energy system that descends to our physically recognisable structures. The Father figure has a now recognisable structure but how would you communicate with a "Heavenly" bound formation. I believe the Holy Spirit or Earthly Mother may be able to guide you in you questions but what lines of communication have you developed here. Most connective at our level would be the son of man and even if you were in the presence would the son of man be interested in provide you with a name of a horse so that you would risk your life savings in pursuit of a larger number so you could change your situation which you can do regardless of a number. Really you perhaps wouldn't change this situation anyway but would enjoy changing the numbers and doing a few different things, which potentially you can do anyway. You then have a major decision would you put everything on this horse because the son of man told you to, with the chance it does not win as a lesson in pursuit of a different form of materialistic happiness because you have different numbers. Here the battle lies, in one hand would you take the money and run, or would you stay and alter that which you have spent you life developing.

Wan Please don't get insulted by R6's tone, there is often frustration when people don't comprehend what is being stated.The Universe is defined by R6 as the physical parts of life (occupied space). This can be divided into mind/intellect/concept, lets call ABC. Now the non occupied space between the physical parts is defined by R6 as God. Now this non occupied space is also divided into the three parts mind/intellect/concept, lets call 123, hence ABC, 123. This I think is the simple way of looking at it, the words make it sound confusing. R6 I hope you agree with my wording here.

Return to “General Philosophy”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream