What would people say if God came down from the heavens?

Use this philosophy forum to discuss and debate general philosophy topics that don't fit into one of the other categories.

This forum is NOT for factual, informational or scientific questions about philosophy (e.g. "What year was Socrates born?"). Those kind of questions can be asked in the off-topic section.
Belindi

Re: What would people say if God came down from the heavens?

Post by Belindi »

"How did special effects manage to do that?"
Rr6
Favorite Philosopher: R. Bucky Fuller

Post by Rr6 »

Barry Sears--- In addition to this I believe the word God is also defined as the Universe, both occupied and non occupied space. I believe the word God is an image of life and forms an order or template to the structure of the Universe.
When I speak of non-occupied space I'm speaking of the macro-infinite non-occupied space that embraces our finite, occupied space Universe. Ive been very clear on this point in this thread an many others.

The space between stars and galaxies is filled with photons, neutrinos and perhaps dark matter. When you state non-occupied space, i'm not sure what your referring to exactly. Ive been clear you have not.

This is how I interpret the words, but with respect to your posts, as I have read you writing more extensively than most, I comprehend how you define these words and so I can accept how you word your explanations because of your definitions. I do not have a problem with this.
Ok, maybe you do understand what I've stated and agree with it in regards to the above. You are only the 2nd maybe 3rd to acknowledge and agree. No ego problem with in those regards. Yay!
I believe the word God is an image of life and forms an order or template to the structure of the Universe.
Here is where you sort of go back to your "figure" type comments and really offer us little to know specifics. "image of life" has not any specific meaning or image. "template to the structure" also offers no specifics.

Likewise you are quite familiar with my physical break down and macro-cosmic projection of life and I use definitions to express how I comprehend these.
I however have been much more privileged to see how this is forged within the structure of our surrounding Celestial Energy system of which is defined traditionally as the Father or Nut figure...who resides in this "Heavenly" realm.
Huh? Universe is shaped like whose father specifically? Your being vague, not specific. Makes me very duubious of any significant content coming from you.
I see and have developed a physical communicative relationship with the Celestial body formation and see it as a projection of the Earthly structure spiralling surrounding us in full glory from the Northern polar to the Southern.
Huh? Universe is shaped like Earth? C,mon dude stop beating around the bush already. I think your afraid to say what you really want to say because it lacks any rational, logical common sense.
As I have been educated with the scientific knowledge of today I visualise how thousands / millions of Galaxies each containing these micro structures also live in a cycle of time almost incomprehensible.
What micro-structures are yo talking about dude?
These structures all similar in formation not random formations but all evolving to a similar design, like seeds germinating in a garden.
Huh? Do all seeds have the same shape and patterns? I doubt it.
Beyond this is incomprehensible but the rhythm of life suggest that they too amalgamate by design to form a small part of another structure.
You haven't stated anything comprehend-able yet.
As far as our imagination takes us the complete unit is defined as the Universe. Although the imagination suggests, that logic would say, that this universe then becomes but a speck of sand that becomes just a tiny part of a much larger structure.
This is opposite of what you stated at beginning i.e you have not understood my cosmic hierarchy and you certainly do no agree, and you certainly off no significant specifics other than maybe Universe is shaped like earth with a spiral and a seed.
I as a structure contain both occupied and non occupied space. The smaller you look the larger the non occupied space but at a certain level you see me a complete unit. (or whatever words you choose to give title to I)
Huh? You not making any sense dude.
Please don't get insulted by R6's tone, there is often frustration when people don't comprehend what is being stated.
Please let me know when you have something much more clear and specific stated.
The Universe is defined by R6 as the physical parts of life (occupied space).
Ive never stated "the physical parts of life" in regards to the Universe. Your misunderstand and confused.
This can be divided into mind/intellect/concept, lets call ABC.
Again, Ive never made any such statement. This is just misunderstanding, confusion, skewing and misleading comments. This is what those with ego base mental blockages tend to do. Create false projections. :-(
Now the non occupied space between the physical parts is defined by R6 as God.
Again, Ive never made any such statement. More ego based mental blockage creating false projections. :--(
Now this non occupied space is also divided into the three parts mind/intellect/concept, lets call 123, hence ABC, 123.
Again, more ego based mental blockage creation of false projections. Not what Ive ever stated. :--(
This I think is the simple way of looking at it, the words make it sound confusing. R6 I hope you agree with my wording here.
Your yanking our chain. Barry, hen you actually want to quote what Ive stated, please start there. That is the only fair thing to do, fore starters.

Ive been very clear with what I believe. You have not.
"U"niverse > UniVerse > universe > I-verse < you-verse < we-verse < them-verse
Present awareness

Post by Present awareness »

They would probably say the same thing, if Santa came down the chimney.
Even though you can see me, I might not be here.
-1-

Post by -1- »

Present awareness wrote:They would probably say the same thing, if Santa came down the chimney.
Which is, "Honey, what's this sticky stuff drooling into the fireplace?"
This search engine is powered by Hunger, Thirst, and a desperate need to Mate.
Present awareness

Post by Present awareness »

Present awareness wrote:
They would probably say the same thing, if Santa came down the chimney.

Which is, "Honey, what's this sticky stuff drooling into the fireplace?"

lol, nice to hear from a philosopher with a sense of humour!
Even though you can see me, I might not be here.
Barry Sears

Post by Barry Sears »

Traditionally we have projected the image of man as the form for a Universal template. I propose the formation of the Earth is a missing link in the identification of this pattern. The New Perspective proposes that life on Earth has evolved to the pattern presented by the evolved physical formation of the Earths body. The body of the Earth is forged to the form and Energy of it's Celestial surroundings. These are physically identifiable forms and if my explanation is not clear here then you are welcome to download some small articles for more simple but detailed explanations;-

http://thenewperspective21.wix.com/anewworld

Ok so you have made it clear that occupied space is our Universe and non occupied is the space that surrounds this. This is tricky because drawing the line to define finite determines that which surrounds this, also becomes part of the finite as it to has been defined. This is what I was explaining when I said the Universe becomes but a speck of sand. I believe that physical forms get larger and larger to an extent that we cannot comprehend the full size but perhaps we are always in the centre or no regardless of where you are. Your positioned is always the centre. So you too believe also that God and the Universe are the same thing?

So God being the Heavens, God being the Earth, God being all things on the Earth, God being the Universe, deduces there being no need for God to come down from the Heavens. So more importantly then how does one communicate with God? Hence the grape vine and developing communication techniques with the different levels of life.
Rr6

Post by Rr6 »

Barry Sears---Traditionally we have projected the image of man as the form for a Universal template. I propose the formation of the Earth is a missing link in the identification of this pattern.
I believe our finite, occupied space is spherical also, however, the outer boundary is an undulating surface, similar to Greg Egans animation I've linked to many times.

http://www.gregegan.net/SCHILD/SCHILD.html
Ok so you have made it clear that occupied space is our Universe and non occupied is the space that surrounds this.
Our finite, eternally existent, occupied space Universe--- aka Uni-V-erse ---is closer how Ive stated it many times.

Metaphysical-2, macro-infinite non-occupied space embraces the above, Universe/Uni-V-erse is closer to how Ive stated it, many times.
This is tricky because drawing the line to define finite determines that which surrounds this, also becomes part of the finite as it to has been defined.
Huh? Yes, our finite, occupied space Universe, defines the macro-infinite, non-occupied spaces inner boundary. Obviously the macro-infinite, non-occupied space has not outer boundary.

My house is finite and the boundary is defined by meta roof, wood floor, hardi-board siding, PVC and glass windows.

A baseballs outer boundary is defined by leathere composed of molecules > atoms.

Our finite, occupied space's outer boundary is defined by gravity.
This is what I was explaining when I said the Universe becomes but a speck of sand.
Sorry no recollection of any such statement or any context related too it.
I believe that physical forms get larger and larger to an extent that we cannot comprehend the full size but perhaps we are always in the centre or no regardless of where you are.
Yes, a human starts as egg and gets larger larger. Same goes for all animals. You can see in my signature at bottom of every post, that has been there for many months now, that, I-verse is at the center. We have no evidence of humans physical body or Earth being at geographical center of Universe. Why you would think so makes no sense to me.

Your positioned is always the centre.

Ditto my above. No rational, logical common sense to think that.
So you too believe also that God and the Universe are the same thing?
Ive been very clear what I think in those regards. Read my lips for the umpteenth time;

"U"niverse = "G"od and Universe = God

I use both concepts because most people are so narrow minded they to not consider, that which is beyond our finite, occupied space Universe.
So God being the Heavens, God being the Earth, God being all things on the Earth, God being the Universe, deduces there being no need for God to come down from the Heavens.

No, "G"od / God deduces nothing. Humans make deductions. Your still confused in these regards. imho
So more importantly then how does one communicate with God?
We are in graviatonal communication with God/Universe all of the time. All is connected by gravity, and in the last year my explorations have led me to believe all is connected to dark energy also.
Hence the grape vine and developing communication techniques with the different levels of life.
???

r6
-1-

Post by -1- »

I don't know what people will say. "Can I still repent? Is there enough time for it?" "Does this mean I can't cash in on my stock options?" "I can prove it to you that you don't exist, asshole."

But I know what He will say. He will say, "The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls.... and tenement halls." While hys other seven heads will say, "spit out that chewing gum, stand in attention, and shut your mouth when you are speaking to me," while Hys sevenbillion forty-nine and a two-thirds head will be licking all the ice cream currently extant in the world we call "universe".
Barry Sears

Post by Barry Sears »

So if you have not revisited material based on the following already, it may be time to give this a little thought. It is very clear that it is the Father that resides in the Heavenly realm and with gender considered the Father would be a he. The Father however is separate from God, a manifestation of. Worthy as history suggests to be god the Father. These words are not the same. Even in contemporary biblical verses they are usually written separately or with a comma between. This has been confused. The picture a couple of pages back, indicates the realm of the Heavens, but then there is also the Heaven of the Heavens.

There is time to repent, there is time to place a bet, there is time to go home and embrace the ones who matter. There is time, it is your choice.

Thats "U" and "I" verse. So if you could ask one question, what would it be? But are you prepared for the answer. Do you have ears? Can you see? Is the question worthy? or can R6 answer it for you?
Belindi

Post by Belindi »

-1- , the god with a trillion heads is the subjective one, while the god with one head is political. I prefer the former. However I do very much approve of these conversations which are a sign that we are a questing species and that is good. If there were a god with a trillion heads one attribute common to all the heads would be life not death: something not nothing.
-1-

Post by -1- »

Barry and Belindi, you two have written replies based on what I have written, and your replies show you care, and your tone was warm.

While I can't share your sentiments in matters of faith, I do appreciate the gesture of either of you. It is nice to read sometimes some non-confrontational words on this forum.

Thank you to both of you.
Rr6

Post by Rr6 »

Barry Sears wrote: It is very clear that it is the Father that resides in the Heavenly realm and with gender considered the Father would be a he. The Father however is separate from God, a manifestation of.

Yeah all male animal fathers are a subset of God. Somehow I think your talking some other nonsense "Father" somewhere. "resides in the heavenly realm"? I went through this nonsense with my mother when I a young teenager. Mom where is heaven and she would point her finger toward the ceiling.

Bible is mostly irrelevant nonsense.
Thats "U" and "I" verse. So if you could ask one question, what would it be? But are you prepared for the answer. Do you have ears? Can you see? Is the question worthy? or can R6 answer it for you?
Barry, I'm sorry, but it appears to me that like most who have nothing significant or valid to say, they fall back on some fundamental, religious non-sense.

There exists no occupied space heaven--- maybe gravity and dark energy at best ----ergo there exist no God or Father in heaven.

Up and down are not scientifically valid directions. We have only three valid cosmic directions; in, out and around. Thank you B. Fuller

r6
Barry Sears

Post by Barry Sears »

I appreciate the comment, I find it most interesting how easily tone and character comes out of words. It is a very young, new form of communication this internet based discussions and people seem to be able to write more boldly when a protective wall is available. It would be most interesting to meet people face to face after spending much time communicating from our individual pockets. I believe the greatest changes in character would be from those who also use alternative names remaining anonymous. The least character variation would be from those who present their identity.

I comprehended seven billion heads being an estimated World population. Bring into this the animal kingdom. I think I have about seven billion ants just at my place. A little while back a concept was discussed about closed systems and the World could be considered a closed system. The total energy system with regards to knowledge or awareness may be distributed or charged based on the number of heads or minds available to contribute to this total. If an available maximum amount is limited this could be distributed based on populations. If the populations combine then the potential could be based on the largest population. If true awareness or true knowledge is shared globally then the potential could be amplified. But this I guess is only an abstract thought unless science can construct a machine to measure this.

Sweat the small stuff... because then the big stuff will take care of itself. I'm not sure if everyone can see this between post 83 and 84 but connected to the thread, perhaps people may say I'll sweat the small stuff... you can take care of the big stuff.

-- Updated March 17th, 2017, 11:28 pm to add the following --

Ok How unobservant I see now it is attached to our one.
Belindi

Post by Belindi »

Barry Sears wrote:
communication this internet based discussions and people seem to be able to write more boldly when a protective wall is available.
I have been wondering if private persons who use discussion forums ought to be more forthright and use their real names, as you yourself do, Barry, and some others here. I don't do so because I feel the need of a "protective wall". This is not because I want to deliberately offend but because I feel more free to talk objectively under 'Belindi' or 'Belinda'. I have found in real life that the opportunities to be earnest are few unlike here where I can do as I like about being earnest . I appreciate flippancy but it's not my own preferred style and I don't want it to be my usual style.

I think that those of us who feel the need to be offensive can do so with impunity and anonymity via the internet. I trust reality, and I have found that social reality falls short of real honesty. That is one of the benefits of the internet, it's a safe space to express ourselves.
Felix

Post by Felix »

Well, we at least know what The Donald would say, "Damn undocumented dieties, build a big wall so no more can get in!!"
"We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are." - Anaïs Nin

Return to “General Philosophy”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream