The invisible self

Use this philosophy forum to discuss and debate general philosophy topics that don't fit into one of the other categories.

This forum is NOT for factual, informational or scientific questions about philosophy (e.g. "What year was Socrates born?"). Those kind of questions can be asked in the off-topic section.
OuroborosEternal
New Trial Member

The invisible self

Post by OuroborosEternal »

The outside world is an oscillating visible reflection of the oscillating invisible processes that defines a being. What defines a being comes from the invisible side of things, and what a being ultimately seeks is the one who is doing the definitions. It is only when the being will focus his attention upon the invisible within itself, that the being will nourish the one who is doing the definitions. Otherwise, the being only nourishes the definitions themselves, and thus gets caught up into their temporal states, rather than remaining one with it’s natural and eternal state as that which remains forever invisible.

To nourish the invisible side of ourselves is to nourish the eternal side of ourselves, for the invisible side is always present wherever and whenever we are. When we nourish the visible side of ourselves, we feed that which is temporal, not eternal. To do so constantly within a repeating pattern, generates mental vortices which sucks the attention of the being within temporal manifestations of itself, thereby placing the attention of the being upon that which will forever remain unstable. Those temporal manifestations are manifestations in the visible domain, of the constant interactions that exists between the visible and the invisible, in the macro and micro perspectives of the universe. Those interactions generates movement which is a direct manifestation of change for nothing visible can remain the same forever - the visible being forever modified by the invisible!!!

The same relationship is true in the human side of things as well, for it is true that for a human being, the constant interactions between the visible/sensed and the invisible/unsensed domains, generates the movement which is responsible for the experience of life itself. The constant cycle going from one state (invisible/unsensed) to the other (visible/sensed) and back into the one state (invisible/unsensed) again - repeat ad infinitum -, will generate the movement that is responsible for the vibrations of light/energy itself. For the goal of light/energy is to return to it’s invisible/unsensed state, to which it does cyclically at the rate of the plank unit of time, or at the smallest possible unit of time. At each time it returns to it’s invisible/unsensed state, light/energy releases the light/energy that it carried while on the visible/sensed state, into the invisible/unsensed domain. Through the release of that light/energy within the “invisible/unsensed domain”, that light/energy instantly dissapears from our 3d space-time continuum, and enters the realm of the invisible/unsensed continuum. Within that realm, the light/energy gets impregnated with wathever information that is to be found at that specific moment within it. The light/energy returns to the visible/sensed domain - after the smallest possible unit of time possible, known as the plank time -, fully charged with what it has brought back from the invisible/unsensed domain. The light/energy releases that charge instantly within the visible/sensed domain, thus releasing the total expressions of the total impressions it has brought back from the invisible/unsensed domain. The invisible/unsensed domain imprints the light/energy with content/information that will be released within the visible/sensed domain at the next plank unit of time, or at the next “flash of light/energy” within the visible/sensed domain. Each time the light/energy flashes it’s contents/informations - coming from the invisible/unsensed domain - within the visible/sensed domain, the visible/sensed domain is updated by the being. After this moment, the light/energy returns back into the invisible/unsensed domain in order to generate the next generation/iteration of the visible/sensed domain for the being to experience. The visible/sensed domain is the space where the imprints received from the invisible/unsensed domain, carried within light/energy, are released, while the invisible/unsensed domain is the space where the packets of light/energy are imprinted and charged by the forever evolving contents/informations found within the invisible/unsensed domain.

The visible is made true when we perceive ourselves through the senses, which doesn’t specifically equate to our sight. Our senses gives us specific information about specific wavelengts of the light/energy. Those specific wavelengths of the light/energy, gives specific information to those specific areas of the brain which can detect those specific wavelength of the light/energy. For some areas of the brain, those differenciated wavelengths are detected as sight. For others, they are detected as sound, as smell, as taste or as touch. The common denominator within them all, is that they are all different interpretations of the same light/energy. A light/energy which exists, forever in a constant relationship with the invisible.

It is at the moment where the invisible meets the visible side of things, that the present is made true. The Now is the constant manifestation of this process throughout eternity. It is only in the Now that the invisible side of things comes into direct contact with the visible side of things, for it is only in the forever changing Now, that the invisible is made true.
What a being seeks, is to reunite itself with the invisible side of things, for the eternal being EXISTS within the invisible side of things, not the visible. This is demonstrated through the simple fact that the one who is doing the thinking remains forever invisible, the “visible being”, being only temporal manifestations of the “invisible being”. The invisible, in and as itself, can never be demonstrated, for as soon as it is, it’s essence changes into something new. Every new other things will forever come and replace every demonstrations of the invisible as a thing, thus rendering every demonstrations of the invisible as a thing to be forever false witnesses of the invisible as no thing.

The only true witness of the invisible is the invisible itself in action. And that invisible is the subjective side of a being.

To seek ourselves into the visible, is to seek the source of ourselves within what we are not. We are not the visible, for the visible is a temporal manifestation of the intemporal being that we seek, and is thus not the being that we are. That being is the eternal being of which we are truly and forever one with - we are forever one with it for we are forever one with the invisible side of things -, for we are the invisible being which forever processes the visible into something new. The being that we seek exists as the invisible side of a being, and the invisible side exists as the inner subjectivity of a being. However, the paradox is that the invisible side of a being is and cannot be limited or expressed through words for what it truly is, and therefore, cannot truly be expressed through words, for as soon as it is, it loses it’s attribute of invisibility, thus it loses it’s true nature/meaning as it is expressed. A word or a series of words can only point into the direction where the invisible exists within a being, but can never portray what the invisible is in and of itself.

We process the visible through us constantly changing it within the invisible side of ourselves. For it is within our invisible side that the processes of evolution, or the processes of change through transformations, occurs. These transformations are absolutely necessary, for the invisible is absolutely necessary, and for the invisible to be forever true, change has to be forever true. If change was somewhere, somewhat not true, then it wouldn’t even be possible to entertain any ideas upon existence. We wouldn’t exist. The only way for this absolute necessity to be true, is for the visible to change constantly through a process of evolution/”equilateral additions”. Everything changes constantly, but only at different rates. The invisible is the space within a being where the visible transforms itself into something new. It is the invisible space where the invisible creator as ourselves, modify the visible universe by transforming it so as to change, evolve and create the ever changing visible universe for us to experience.
Hereandnow
Favorite Philosopher: the moon and the stars

Re: The invisible self

Post by Hereandnow »

The question is, within the invisible, is there an intimation of the invisible, such that all you have said is rendered intelligible. What is it in your "visible" self that justifies talk about the invisible at all? How is invisibility "present" in the light, knowing full well that light can never show anything but what is in the light?

Language can never say what is alinguistic....or can it?
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

I tried but, with few paragraph breaks, those large tracts of text are too much for my old eyes. Is there a tl:dr version?
Spectrum
Favorite Philosopher: Eclectic -Various

Post by Spectrum »

OuroborosEternal wrote:Everything changes constantly, but only at different rates. The invisible is the space within a being where the visible transforms itself into something new. It is the invisible space where the invisible creator as ourselves, modify the visible universe by transforming it so as to change, evolve and create the ever changing visible universe for us to experience.
Love, beauty and the likes are invisible. These invisibles such as love, beauty, etc. are grounded on the human conditions and can be explained rationally and objective from various human perspectives. The ultimate ground of these conditions is the survival of the individual and therefrom the preservation of the species [as per glaring evidences].

Your quest and speculation of an invisible things beyond the human condition is also grounded on the same fundamentals, i.e. human conditions themselves, a greater subliminal desperation re survival of the individual and therefrom the preservation of the species [as per glaring evidences].

It is also your human conditions that blind you from accepting your conclusion is based on the human conditions. How else? On what other basis can you conclude anything without the interactions of the human conditions. Conclusions do not float like Plato's universals to be intercepted by human brains to conclude.

The invisible self is just like invisible love and beauty albeit the invisible self emerges from a higher level of the process of cognition.
Not-a-theist. Religion is a critical necessity for humanity now, but not the FUTURE.
OuroborosEternal
New Trial Member

Hereandnow wrote:The question is, within the invisible, is there an intimation of the invisible, such that all you have said is rendered intelligible. What is it in your "visible" self that justifies talk about the invisible at all? How is invisibility "present" in the light, knowing full well that light can never show anything but what is in the light?

Language can never say what is alinguistic....or can it?
To try to put it more bluntly, the "invisible" that is referred to here is the aspect of a being which remains forever "invisible" to the being itself. It is the part of a being which is forever observant of the being and it's many manifestations - yet never to be observed. It is the part of a being that is never able to be seized, for it is the observer who forever observes that which the being expresses and receives. It is the inner realm from within which a being is placed and observes reality. It is the mental bubble that shields the sense of self from anything which surrounds it. In other words, it simply is the domain from within which the "presence" of a being operates. A domain which can never be fully seen or fully realised.

As an example, I, on one hand, cannot fully express all that I am within myself to any "observer" who "observes" the words that are being presented of me here. For whatever I am in full, cannot be completely expressed through the limiting constructs of the words that I choose. What I am and what I try to express of my being here, is the "observer" who will forever be found within the stance of the "observer", and not the stance of the "actor". Hence, whatever is seen of my expression here is related to the "actor" aspect of my being for the "observer" - you - who observes the words that I express. However, the words that I express here are not to be identified with the "actor" figure, for it is not the "actor" that I am trying to convey, but the "observer" who remains forever invisible behind the actions of the actor.

The "observer" is the permanent aspect of ourselves, as it will forever be a witness to all that will happen to ourselves, as well as to all that we will create. It is the invisible part of ourselves that remains forever permanent as the source and recipient of all of our experiences. It is the unchangeable, unmoved and forever observant aspect of ourselves which forever processes the informations that the senses brings back to it's awareness. It is invisible for otherwise, it would stop being what it is, which is "the observer".

How is invisibility "present" in the light, knowing full well that light can never show anything but what is in the light?

What I have expressed in regards to this question, is that the "invisible" is only such from our limited perspective of all of reality, for whatever is now seen as being "invisible" is in fact "full of information", just as the "invisible observer" is "full of information" from the perspective of the one doing the observations ( for example: I as the observer of these words, am full of information, related or not to the subject at hand - either it being the information of what I did yerterday or the information of what I learned when I was in college -, even if I as the observer remains forever invisible).

It is not because something is invisible that it lacks information or content, for even the notion of invisibility itself contains a complete set of information that seeks to be discovered. That which is invisible contains information that is seeking to be known, just as the observer seeks to know itself through the information that it contains.

Therefore, that which is "present" in the light is the information that comes from the "invisible" side of reality, through the inherent cycles coming from the vibrations ("on" state and "off" state) of the light. The law of conservation of energy states that information/energy cannot be created or destroyed, but can only transform/reassemble itself into something new. Thus, the information contained in the visible light, which is the information that is contained in the light when it is on it's "on" state, cannot be destroyed when light turns into it's "off" state, or at the time where - at the plank level - the light dissapears from the known universe. What is extrapolated here is that the information/energy that the light contains at the moment that the light "dissapears", is NOT destroyed but only undergoes a process of change within the realm that our intellect cannot reach, which is the "invisible realm" that I inferred throughout my text.
Ranvier

Post by Ranvier »

Are you drawing connection between the Dark Space of other dimensions with human consciousness in the visible form of material reality? If yes, then I have similar conclusions. Any ideas for an experimental design?

-- Updated August 21st, 2017, 2:39 am to add the following --

My hypothesis is that energy (light) exists in other forms (dimensions) outside of our reality (the visible)
OuroborosEternal
New Trial Member

Ranvier wrote:Are you drawing connection between the Dark Space of other dimensions with human consciousness in the visible form of material reality? If yes, then I have similar conclusions. Any ideas for an experimental design?

-- Updated August 21st, 2017, 2:39 am to add the following --

My hypothesis is that energy (light) exists in other forms (dimensions) outside of our reality (the visible)

What I have expressed in regards to this question, is that the "invisible" is only such from our limited perspective of all of reality, for whatever is now seen as being "invisible" is in fact "full of information", just as the "invisible observer" is "full of information" from the perspective of the one doing the observations ( for example: I as the observer of these words, am full of information, related or not to the subject at hand - either it being the information of what I did yerterday or the information of what I learned when I was in college -, even if I as the observer remains forever invisible).

It is not because something is invisible that it lacks information or content, for even the notion of invisibility itself contains a complete set of information that seeks to be discovered. That which is invisible contains information that is seeking to be known, just as the observer seeks to know itself through the information that it contains.

Therefore, that which is "present" in the light is the information that comes from the "invisible" side of reality, through the inherent cycles coming from the vibrations ("on" state and "off" state) of the light. The law of conservation of energy states that information/energy cannot be created or destroyed, but can only transform/reassemble itself into something new. Thus, the information contained in the visible light, which is the information that is contained in the light when it is on it's "on" state, cannot be destroyed when light turns into it's "off" state, or at the time where - at the plank level - the light dissapears from the known universe. What is extrapolated here is that the information/energy that the light contains at the moment that the light "dissapears", is NOT destroyed but only undergoes a process of change within the realm that our intellect cannot reach, which is the "invisible realm" that I inferred throughout my text.

-- Updated August 21st, 2017, 11:57 pm to add the following --
Hereandnow wrote: How is invisibility "present" in the light, knowing full well that light can never show anything but what is in the light?

We are the "invisible domain" that is "present" in the light, for we are the projections of that "invisible domain" within the "visible domain"!

Light/energy carries with it, as I have explained (and if you support the idea), the information that comes from the "invisible domain" of light/energy itself. And it is in our perceived dimension, the visible domain, that light/energy projects the information that it has carried from within the invisible domain, into the visible domain.

One is a carrier of information (the invisible domain), while the other is the receiver (the visible domain). One cannot be both carrier and receiver at the same time, for at the moment it is one, it cannot be the other (at the moment something is invisible, it cannot be visible, and vice-versa). Thus, to remedy this conundrum, both are allowed to exist at different intervals of "time" within space-and-time. Thus, there is a time for the "carrier" (the invisible domain) and there is a time for the "receiver" (the visible domain). The time where the « carrier » (invisible domain) is exppressed in our dimension, is the time where the light/energy « dissapears » at a flicker of an instant (plank time), and the time where the « receiver » (visible domain) is expressed, is the time where the light/energy « reappears » at the following flicker of an instant. This to and fro between the carrier and the receiver, is so fast as to be virtually unnoticable. But it is so for one (the invisible domain/carrier) feeds the other (the visible domain/receiver) and the other (the visible domain/receiver) feeds the one (the invisible domain/carrier) constantly!

The invisible domain is only invisible for our physical senses (we cannot perceive what exists beyound the boundaries of the visible domain, for our senses are not attuned to those domains of existence), yet, the invisible domain can become more visible through the advances of our technology, for our technology’s purpose is to rediscover/reveal that which lays hidden to our senses, and in return, allows us to manipulate the invisible domain to our perceived advantages. For it is true that the invisible can become visible (and as soon as it is, we can learn ways to manipulate the discoveries to suit our interests as a group - humanity) and that the visible can become invisible (the visible constantly becomes invisible for every passing moment is automatically rendered invisible, yet, our memories remain for every visible moment imprints itself within the invisible domain as the mind where memory exists.). Yet, one cannot be the other at the same time, for one can only be one and then the other within imbedded cycles that are fractal in nature (there is a macro cycle – the day and night cycle for example - and a micro cycle – the breathing cycles of a being for example - within existence and an multitude of cycles embedded in between).

Deep down within the dimensions of reality, and as far as we can tell from our current standpoint in existence, there is a micro cycle which is to be found at the basis of our visible domain’s treshold, and that cycle is exactly the one which oscillates between the visible and invisible domains at the deepest level of our collectivelly perceived reality. This fundamental oscillation is at such a high rate, that the oscillations become virtually invisible (just as the movie that you see in the theatre is composed of a set amount of pictires which are projected so fast (25-30 images per second or more) that the seams become virtually unnoticed to the eyes, so is the flickering of our sensed perception within our reality where the seams become virtually unnoticed by our senses). Those oscillations operate in a cycle which is akin to the day and night cycle, but only at an infinitely small fractal version of that cycle.

Everything in existence follows the rythms of cycles – a fact that can be seen in the way our physical body work at it’s most fundamental level, within that our physical body answer to cycles that are embedded within themselves at different levels of operations (such as the first ostensible level being that of our heart beating, into the cycles of breathing, even towards the cycles of our eyes blinking) – because at it’s most fundamental level of existence, the visible cannot be the invisible and the invisible cannot be the visible, for they can only be themselves intermittently at all levels of operation – fractals - within existence. Therefore, there is a time for the invisible to express itself and there is a time for the visible to express itself – a truth that is apparent within all depths of existence.

For example, concerning our physical bodies : at the level of our current awareness of being, we have the macro cycles of life and death and the micro cycles of our heart beating and in between, we have all of the other cycles which are imbedded within those two. Just as we cannot be awake and asleep at the same time – stricly speaking of the awake and asleep state of mental activities (when we are physically awake we are obviously not physically asleep and when we are physically asleep we are obviously not physically awake) -, we cannot be visible and invisible at the same time. Both have to be expressed in intermittent patterns which range from the perceived infinitely small universe to the perceived infinitely large universe.

There is always an exchange of energy/information between the cycles of existence, for the transformation of energy/information is permanent and never ending. Thus, at the smallest level possible within our dimension, there is a constant transformation of energy/information that is taking place between the invisible and visible domains. A transformation of energy/information that occurs so fast as to be virtually unnoticeable by our physical senses and technology. The nature of this exchange is projected in all levels of depths in existence. Therefore, just as there is a constant exchange of information between what our eyes perceive (vision) when they are open and what they don’t perceive when they are closed (absence of vision) – a cyclic process which is embedded in different layers of depth, such as the awake (vision) and asleep (absence of vision) cycles all the way to the « opening of the eyes » cycles (vision) to the « blinking of the eyes » cycle (absence of vision) – there is a constant exchange of information between what our senses perceive (sensed reality) and what our senses don’t perceive (unsensed reality). Again, one state cannot be both at the same time, for they can only express themselves at specific intervals of time from one another (you can't blink and open your eyes at the same time! Just as well, you can't be invisible and visible at the same time).

Just as we don’t ostensibly perceive the moment when our eyes blink from the moment where our eyes are open, as this process is a reflection of a process which occurs deep down subconsciously at the smallest level of awareness possible (which is beyond what our senses can perceive), there is a « blinking of the eye » which operates constantly at that same depth of awareness. In a sense, at the deepest level of awareness, our awareness « blinks » in and out of existence and exchanges information with the « invisible domain », just as we, at our current level of awareness, echange information with the « invisible domain » at the flicker of the blinking of our eyes. Our minds as our invisible selves, constantly gets imprinted by what our eyes bring back as information from the realms of the visible, where the information received undergoes a subconscious process of transformation (or where the information gets filtered and changed through one’s perception of reality), before being projected outwards as modified information through the inner processes of our minds.

Therefore, invisibility is present in the light/energy, for light/energy carries the information from one state (the invisible state) to the other (the visible state) and back into the one state (the invisible state) again. All within cycles that are to be found, fractally, within all depths of existence.

Return to “General Philosophy”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream