A Correct but Forbidden Theory of the Nature of Life

Use this philosophy forum to discuss and debate general philosophy topics that don't fit into one of the other categories.

This forum is NOT for factual, informational or scientific questions about philosophy (e.g. "What year was Socrates born?"). Those kind of questions can be asked in the off-topic section.
BlindedWantsToSee

A Correct but Forbidden Theory of the Nature of Life

Post by BlindedWantsToSee »

INTRODUCTION
The following is what I have learned about the nature of Life by careful studying, observing, reasoning, and making use of my intuition. A saying goes “nothing is what it seems to be”. I say that Life itself is not what it seems to be. Here I am talking about our lives, our life experiences, and that which matters most to us. In this work, I make reference to knowledge of facts that have been kept hidden from most of society. I also put forward what I consider to be the correct way of making sense of life. Evidence can be found for everything I say, but I do not site it, in order to keep this treatise as short as possible. Although unlikely in this lifetime, I hope everybody who reads this work will find the wisdom it contains and will find the courage to do what they know to be right.

CHAPTER 1: The Evil Nature of the Source
There is a single source from which everything emanates. This Universal Source gives rise to everything: what is alive and not alive, real and imaginary, good and evil, matter and spirit, etc. Everything whatsoever is a former part of the Source and is made up of the same basic substances as the Source. The Source, (which is the Universal Consciousness, Intelligence, or Mind) is sick. It is psychotic. Because of its psychosis, the Universal Source auto mutilates to produce everything that exists. It severs parts and particles from itself to use them for satisfying its sick desires. We are those particles. We are former parts of the Source and are contaminated with the same psychosis it has, which results in conflict, disease, and all evil in life. The sick nature of Life and of the Universal Intelligence cannot be healed. There is nothing outside of the universe that could help it; and because the Universal Consciousness is trapped in its delusions, there is no way it can heal itself.

CHAPTER 2: Definition of Evil
By evil, I am referring to anything that causes the conscious or unconscious experience of any physical or emotional: pain, injury, harm, loss, detriment, or distress, to a living entity against its will. In summary, evil is anything that causes suffering, or prevents happiness, or prevents well-being in any living entity. Evil is an aberration. It is the only deviation from moral rectitude there is; and it is unacceptable, at least to me. I sustain here that Life, living life, and the Universal Mind/Source or Supreme Power (namely God) are all evil.

CHAPTER 3: The Origin of Evil
The universe is a fractal. All infinitely small parts of a fractal are similar to big subsets of that fractal, as well as to that whole fractal. In other words, the same patterns are present at all levels or scales of fractals. The microcosm and the macrocosm, the physical and spiritual universes are all similar to each other individually. Also, each subset is similar to the whole Universe and to The Source. The fractal-like quality of the universe is why many things have aspects in common with many other unrelated things in the world. The fractality of Life is why we can create many parables, fables, and metaphors in life. Due to this fractal nature of the Universe, we can be certain that there is evil in the Universal Intelligence, because the patterns found in the small parts of the Universe (like in people) are also found on the whole Universe. This is because the small parts receive their qualities from the whole. As a matter of fact, the Universal Consciousness and Source (What most people call God) MUST BE at least as evil and cruel as the cruelest and most evil person that has ever lived because the evil that controls people, the evil that controls the forces of nature, and everything else that exists, and everything that happens can only have its origin in the one Universal Source which produces everything.

CHAPTER 4: The Unavoidability of Evil
Philosophy tells us that evil is necessary in life for various reasons, such as to obtain a greater good, or because people cannot know or appreciate goodness, happiness, and pleasure, unless they experience evil, sadness, and pain. These claims must be true, based on experience, because evil has existed since the beginning of life; it exists now; and it will continue to exist indefinitely, as long as there is life. Also, due to our dementia, our consciousness needs evil to experience or to recognize goodness as goodness because without evil it does not have a contrast from which to differentiate goodness. It follows that in our consciousness, and in Life, evil and suffering will always be present because the need to create evil is in their very nature. The only way of eliminating evil from our lives, then, is by the complete destruction of our lives and our consciousnesses.

CHAPTER 5: The Cycles of Evil
The Universal Consciousness experiences, and produces in the world as well as in individual lives, cycles of great evil, violence, and unhappiness alternating with cycles of lesser evil, violence, and unhappiness. Peace and war, love and hate, happiness and despair alternate, come and go, in cycles of time. During the lesser violent eras, the rotten nature of life is just covered up; it is not gone. At some point in time it will resurface. This has been happening since the beginning of life and of the universe. This will continue to happen in cycles of ages, eras, or Yugas: War followed by peace, followed by war, and peace, and war. The same happens in a personal level. Being alive is not good, even if it feels good sometimes. People who seem to be fortunate get to love the goodness of Life temporarily, but due to the cycles of life, at some time or another, the wheel of fortune will make them suffer as much as the unfortunate people suffer, or more.

CHAPTER 6: The Evil of Life - Life Hurts and Destroys Life
Life forces people to eat, abuse, exploit, murder, and do other evils against less powerful living beings so we can continue living, or we can be more comfortable, or we can feel pleasure or avoid unpleasantness. In turn, people too are used by those who are more powerful than them, as slaves, livestock, lab subjects, food, and as anything else the abusers want, without regard for people’s feelings or their well-being, most times, also without their knowledge. Our abusers are themselves abused by yet more powerful life forms, and so on. This is an example of Hermetic wisdom, which states: “as above, so below”. If it happens here, it also happens above us and below us, in accordance to the fractal like nature of Life.

The evil we do to other living beings and to each other is wrong, but nobody realizes this because everybody is forced to do it since they are very young, and once we are old enough to make our own judgments, we see this is done by everybody else. People generally do not question the immorality of eating other life forms, or using products derived from them, or enslaving them, or killing them when they are inconvenient, a nuisance, or dangerous to us. As a condition of staying alive, happy, and healthy, we are forced to hurt or destroy other life and each other. This is cruel, evil, and wrong. All of the pain and sorrow we feel throughout our lives is an indication of the evil and wrongness of the very nature of our lives.

CHAPTER 7: The Evil of Life – The Breaking of Human Spirits
Unless reincarnating, our consciousness is arbitrarily brought to the world by the big Tyrant with the help of the lesser tyrants, who are the parents. If babies cry for days or weeks at a time in protest, parents are advised to leave them alone in a room to let them get tired of crying, and to make them surrender to their new reality. This starts the process of breaking their spirits. This process employs techniques which parallel the barbaric spirit-breaking techniques used on elephants that are forced to work in circuses or in the tourism industry in Asia. The process includes keeping people against their will in various types of confinements (examples are: the physical body, life circumstances, the injustice system jails or prisons, and this planet itself); applying to them mental restraints (such as instilling fear in them or withholding key knowledge); giving them random physical and psychological trauma (such as when being attacked by disease, or receiving or witnessing injuries); feeding them misinformation (for example: the white lies children are told, the half truths taught at schools, the skewed science we are given, the news, etc.); using psychological warfare tactics on them (such as religion); giving them promises, hopes and dreams that will never come true; misleading them and making them believe in illusions; humiliating them (for example by making them experience the degradation of having to ingest food and having to carry around feces in their bodies and being subject to other physiological needs, functions, and dysfunctions); administering to them punishments and rewards; and using other methods which aim at making a person give up his or her sovereignty.

To subdue us, Life makes us endure, against our wills: pain, heartache, fear, and a long list of other negative experiences and emotions. Watching the news every night reveals the wide range of atrocities that happen to people locally and worldwide. We are made to be afraid constantly, because our well-being and happiness are not secure. We are also made to live as slaves, because we cannot direct how our lives unfold. Instead, we are subject to the dictates of external tyrannical forces, such as our circumstances or other people who have authority over us. In addition, despite our wishes and efforts, our lives are also controlled by internal tyrannical forces which overpower our conscious will. These are forces such as our psychosis, our mental and physical limitations, our ignorance, and our spiritual blindness. Conditions which come as a result of being engineered by our Source to be unintelligent, weak, and capable of great suffering in order for the tyrants in charge to have ways of keeping us dependent, subservient, and imprisoned. Is this a life we really want to live and give to our children? If we do, then we are holding very low standards for the life we are willing to settle for.

CHAPTER 8: Free Will is Not Freedom
All living beings have free will, but they do not have actual freedom to make what they want of their lives. Individual minds make their own decisions, but what the tyrannical Mind has designed for us rules our lives. This is why human beings do not have what they want in terms of their bodies, their mental abilities, their health, their surroundings, their jobs, and in almost all other aspects of their lives. Once we are in the concentration camp, which is the world, we are subject to natural laws, societal laws, and other types of laws that take away our power to have the life experiences we want, when, and how we want them. We are not free. We are actually slaves. We have been enslaved by Life and by the Universal Source. This is evil, and if we cooperate just by living our own lives and doing our best, we are evil too because we are collaborating with evil, the same way civilians collaborate with wars just by doing their own work, because the taxes they pay support the military, so the military does not have to do other work and is free to concentrate its efforts on killing or preparing to kill people. However, we can refuse to collaborate. We have free will. Despite being slaves of Life, we have the power to choose to quit life, or to remain participants of it.

CHAPTER 9: Our Reasons to Live
From the point of view of living beings, the natural purpose of our lives is to be happy, to enjoy our lives, to do what we love, to have what we love, to share our lives with loved ones. However, Life is of a tyrannical nature, and all consciousness is of a psychotic nature. For these reasons, it is not possible to enjoy life thoroughly and permanently. Even if we get to be, do, and have, everything we want in this tyrannical existence, our happiness turns into boredom, and then into dissatisfaction, and then into anger or some other similar emotion. This is because our consciousness is self defeating in addition to being evil toward others. Permanent happiness and well-being are not possible in life. King Solomon, in his biblical book Ecclesiastes, disheartened and grieving, recognized that life and everything else is meaningless, hurtful, vain, devoid of purpose, and evil. No matter what we do, the natural purpose of our living cannot be fulfilled.

At some point in our lives we all realize that life is meaningless; thus, we should have no reason to want to live, at least not always, and not indefinitely. People should lose their will to live at an early age, and a lot of children do. But they are brainwashed by their parents and other adults. As a result, although unnatural, most adults always want to live, and they want to live indefinitely. This is probably because of a combination of their fear of death (which is based on believing lies taught by religions), and their hunger for more happiness and pleasure. They are willing to go through the most horrific experiences in order to avoid death and go back to whatever it is that they do. They also see no moral dilemma with inflicting pain, suffering, and destruction on other life, if it means they get to save their own skin or improve their conditions. Again, this sick mentality is the result of brainwashing and mental programming by society. The Nature of our lives is clearly evil. Living an evil life is clearly evil. Living beings are clearly evil, and at least partially psychotic (For loving a life that hurts them); but, we cannot realize any of this, because our minds are as evil as Life is. It is no wonder there is so much suffering in the world. Actually, in accordance with the law of attraction, the fact there is so much suffering in people's lives is clear evidence that they and their lives are evil because the vibrations of goodness and happiness repel the vibrations of evil and suffering.

CHAPTER 10: Empty Promises and False Hopes
Predictions of upcoming freedom or well-being, or changes for the better in the world or in a future life are empty promises to entice people to stay in the prison of Life, to keep bringing more babies (slaves) to the world, to keep working, and to keep the system going. The freedom and happiness promised are illusions and false hopes, intended to perpetuate the exploitation of living beings. These lies are like fake carrots on sticks in front of donkeys (which represent us). The donkeys will not reach those promises. If and when the tyrant in charge decides it is in its best interest to let the donkeys have something they want, an unsatisfying portion of what was promised may be given; but the carrots the donkeys are really after (true and everlasting happiness and well-being) will never be reached by them because those carrots do not exist, they cannot be created, and even if they were to be created, it is against the nature of the tyrants to give them, and against the nature of the donkeys to produce them.

CHAPTER 11: False Enemies
Tyrannical governments, politicians, greedy bankers, unethical CEOs, secret organizations, the economy, bad luck, hunger, ignorance, mean people, minor criminals, major criminals, enemies, terrorists, wars, natural disasters, diseases, parasites, epidemics, catastrophes, or the like, are not the problem. Those are just inevitable results produced by a single root cause, which is Life as designed by the psychotic Universal Source. Everything else serves as a distraction, so people do not look at the real cause of their dissatisfaction, and so they do not realize they live in bondage to an evil Life, and that they should break free.

CHAPTER 12: Attaining Freedom from Evil
Freedom from the evil that pervades all Life is achieved by total annihilation of the self. This freedom cannot be imposed or bestowed onto others. It must be taken by each individual for himself or herself. First, we must kill our own bodies; then, we must extinguish our spirits or souls also. Probably, this is done by laying our spirits to rest in complete darkness, and by not feeding them any energy, or exerting any force or effort until they die. Other steps may be necessary. Once out of the body, we may have to find out what to do to achieve the extinction of our spirits. As spirits, we could choose to reincarnate on earth or on other planets, or maybe even ascend to other dimensions. All of those choices would be mistakes; however, we could also choose to extinguish our consciousness. This is the right choice, the one that leads to freedom, and it is up to each individual to learn what it takes, and do what it takes, to accomplish it. For the moment, I am not certain of how to do it, but due to the self similarity of the various parts, levels, or compartments of Life, I'm completely sure there is a way of permanently turning off or killing our consciousness; and I'm sure that I will find it, once I'm out of the prison which is my body. True freedom is freedom from Life and from being. Without life we cannot contribute to the evil doing that goes on universally. Without consciousness we cannot experience the pain and suffering the Tyrant imposes on living beings. This is why the complete destruction of the self is so effective in liberating a person of all evil.

CHAPTER 13: The Final Act - Attaining Freedom of the Spirit
There are deceitful teachings, used to control individuals and societies, which state that spirits cannot die. We are made up of the same basic substances as the Source because we were once constituents of the Source. We were the source, but we were severed from it. Therefore, our spirits have the same qualities, attributes, and powers as the non-physical portion of the Source, in reduced scale. The bible uses the symbol of a fire or flames to represent the spirit of God. This is because in many ways spirits are like fires. Fires can be extinguished. Spirits can be extinguished also. Once a fire is extinguished it ceases to burn and to exist. Once a spirit is extinguished, it ceases to be conscious and to exist. Even when elements that make up fires are still present, (such as oxygen or fuel), that instance of a fire, that particular fire, no longer exists if the fire is out. It works the same way with the death of spirits. The functioning of spirits and their identities can be destroyed. The fact that spirits are made of energy does not mean they cannot die. When I extinguish my consciousness, it will cease to function. It will black out forever. I will neither think, nor remember, nor feel, nor want. I will not perceive, will not know, will not be aware of anything whatsoever, and I will cease to exist as a living entity.

CHAPTER 14: Closing Thoughts
Like everybody else, I'm contaminated with the same psychosis the Source has. So, how are my assertions correct? By virtue of possessing a life which has an evil nature, I am also evil. So, how is it that I want to eradicate evil? The answer is that there are parts of my consciousness that are sane, good, and happy; just like there are portions of Life and the Universal Consciousness which are sane, good, and happy. My sanity, coupled with my central position on the wheel of fortune, allows me to view the extremes of the wheel as well as everything in between, so I can be a good judge of Life. I am not burdened by extreme poverty; nor am I blinded by extreme wealth. In most, if not all other aspects of life, such as health, education, etc. I am about average. I am in the middle between the extremes of very desirable and very undesirable positions. Because of the calmness of my position in life I can think clearly, and I have summarized in this work what I have learned in my quest to find truth.

I am completely certain that all this knowledge is true and applies at least to me. I am a slave to an evil nature, and I live in a universe that is not worthy of me, a universe which I do not deserve. Put in another way, I am stuck in a filthy environment. I don't deserve to be put through all this garbage. Therefore, I will do what I know is right. I will free myself from this evil Life. I will end my slavery to the demented Universal Mind. When the time is right, I will destroy the evil within me, by killing my body and extinguishing my spirit. Ideally, I will do this before becoming 50 years a slave; however, unless the chains of love that bind me are broken, I cannot leave the labor camp. So I will have to wait until they break or till I'm able to break them, but I have sworn to myself that one day I will surely break free.

Thank You for considering these ideas.
Steve3007

Re: A Correct but Forbidden Theory of the Nature of Life

Post by Steve3007 »

BlindedWantsToSee:

Is this a suicide note? If so, what is your purpose in posting it here? Would you like help in identifying, in more concrete terms, what it is that leads you to this position? I think it will be difficult to do that with the OP you have given us. If you were somebody else, reading it for the first time, would you be able to offer any useful comments on it? Would you read it all?

If I were you I'd try to summarize what it is that distresses you about life in a single, small paragraph. And also, of course, try to see if you can reach out for help from some real life, living breathing people who exist in your real world.
Burning ghost

Post by Burning ghost »

Interesting look into your mind.

My major critique would be the rhetoric of claiming you have "evidence" and misspelling "cite". Over all though, enjoyable even though I personally judge it as somewhat naïve/myopic. Nihilism is a good first step I guess. Sadly it seems some then simply step into hell or off the cliff. It is torturous path and not knowing the if there is an end to it often confounds.

Good luck
AKA badgerjelly
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

This equates to antinatalism - the belief that geology would have been better off had it not awoken and started all this. Unless afflicted with a terminal illness it would seem pointless to discard this vessel, given that we all die anyway.

Further, I could not disagree more with the conclusion and judgements about life being "evil", "filth", "garbage" and "slavery". Life is difficult, fun, challenging, daunting, exciting, harsh, sweet, chaotic, surprising, but it is not "evil", "filth" or "garbage". Those are just words of anger, of disappointment - the idea that life does not measure up to what one thinks it should be, despite there being nothing to compare it to.
Spectrum
Favorite Philosopher: Eclectic -Various

Post by Spectrum »

BlindedWantsToSee wrote:CHAPTER 14: Closing Thoughts
Like everybody else, I'm contaminated with the same psychosis the Source has. So, how are my assertions correct? By virtue of possessing a life which has an evil nature, I am also evil.
I have been saying that all along, i.e.
DNA wise, ALL humans has the potential to commit evil [from low to the worst].
A percentile of human beings [ref Bell Curve] are unfortunately born with a consistent active evil tendencies while others intermittently commit evil due to various circumstances.

Personally I am aware I don't have an active evil tendency but I don't deny I am susceptible to petty evil acts once in a while.

I believe no one should admit they are 'evil' prone unless proven [psychiatric testing] to have psychopathic tendencies and the likes.
So, how is it that I want to eradicate evil? The answer is that there are parts of my consciousness that are sane, good, and happy; just like there are portions of Life and the Universal Consciousness which are sane, good, and happy. My sanity, coupled with my central position on the wheel of fortune, allows me to view the extremes of the wheel as well as everything in between, so I can be a good judge of Life. I am not burdened by extreme poverty; nor am I blinded by extreme wealth. In most, if not all other aspects of life, such as health, education, etc. I am about average. I am in the middle between the extremes of very desirable and very undesirable positions. Because of the calmness of my position in life I can think clearly, and I have summarized in this work what I have learned in my quest to find truth.
Agree with the above.
All humans also has the inherent potential to be moral, i.e. to do good and overcome evil.

What is missing from your post is the mechanics and processes that drive the human evil tendency.
The potential for evil in all humans are innate and unavoidable, but when one understand the mechanics behind this, one can apply various techniques to modulate this dangerous evil potential.
I am completely certain that all this knowledge is true and applies at least to me. I am a slave to an evil nature, and I live in a universe that is not worthy of me, a universe which I do not deserve. Put in another way, I am stuck in a filthy environment. I don't deserve to be put through all this garbage. Therefore, I will do what I know is right. I will free myself from this evil Life. I will end my slavery to the demented Universal Mind. When the time is right, I will destroy the evil within me, by killing my body and extinguishing my spirit. Ideally, I will do this before becoming 50 years a slave; however, unless the chains of love that bind me are broken, I cannot leave the labor camp. So I will have to wait until they break or till I'm able to break them, but I have sworn to myself that one day I will surely break free.
Nah, it is cowardice to kill one's body merely to win over evil.

As stated some % of humans [the psychopaths and sickos] are unfortunately born with an active evil tendency and it is extremely difficult for them to control and modulate this primal evil impulse.

However the average person has the ability to develop neural inhibitors to modulate their inherent evil potential if it is ever triggered by whatever reason. Some humans has been doing this on a systematic basis since more than 2,000 years ago, e.g. the Buddhists who has a range of techniques to tweak their own internal neural circuits to modulate the evil potential within them.
example;
Buddha's 4NT-8FP -A Life Problem Solving Technique
http://onlinephilosophyclub.com/forums/ ... ng#p105207

I presume [as you have indicated above] you are an average Joe and it would be cowardice of you to kill your body to avoid your mind driving and committing evil acts.
Rather [if you are still young <40 or perhaps <50] you must be optimistic you can a master of your own destiny in terms of modulating evil within.
Not-a-theist. Religion is a critical necessity for humanity now, but not the FUTURE.
BlindedWantsToSee

Steve3007 wrote:BlindedWantsToSee:

Is this a suicide note? If so, what is your purpose in posting it here? Would you like help in identifying, in more concrete terms, what it is that leads you to this position? I think it will be difficult to do that with the OP you have given us. If you were somebody else, reading it for the first time, would you be able to offer any useful comments on it? Would you read it all?

If I were you I'd try to summarize what it is that distresses you about life in a single, small paragraph. And also, of course, try to see if you can reach out for help from some real life, living breathing people who exist in your real world.
No, this is not a suicide note. I am really OK. I genuinely believe that what I wrote is a closer or more accurate approximation to reality than most (or all) other paradigms of life currently held by people. I believe people can benefit from viewing or interpreting life in a more accurate way. I do not like the solution I am proposing one bit, but in my opinion it is the only definitive solution to the problem of human suffering. I would like to educate people, to give them more control over their own lives and destinies. This will translate into a better, more harmonious society. However, these ideas are not for most people. I totally get that. So, I'm just sharing my perspectives for those who can make sense out of them and, hopefully, use them to their benefit and the benefit of those around them. Thank you for your questions and comments.
BlindedWantsToSee

Spectrum wrote:
Like everybody else, I'm contaminated with the same psychosis the Source has. So, how are my assertions correct? By virtue of possessing a life which has an evil nature, I am also evil.
I have been saying that all along, i.e.
DNA wise, ALL humans has the potential to commit evil [from low to the worst].
A percentile of human beings [ref Bell Curve] are unfortunately born with a consistent active evil tendencies while others intermittently commit evil due to various circumstances.

Personally I am aware I don't have an active evil tendency but I don't deny I am susceptible to petty evil acts once in a while.

I believe no one should admit they are 'evil' prone unless proven [psychiatric testing] to have psychopathic tendencies and the likes.
So, how is it that I want to eradicate evil? The answer is that there are parts of my consciousness that are sane, good, and happy; just like there are portions of Life and the Universal Consciousness which are sane, good, and happy. My sanity, coupled with my central position on the wheel of fortune, allows me to view the extremes of the wheel as well as everything in between, so I can be a good judge of Life. I am not burdened by extreme poverty; nor am I blinded by extreme wealth. In most, if not all other aspects of life, such as health, education, etc. I am about average. I am in the middle between the extremes of very desirable and very undesirable positions. Because of the calmness of my position in life I can think clearly, and I have summarized in this work what I have learned in my quest to find truth.
Agree with the above.
All humans also has the inherent potential to be moral, i.e. to do good and overcome evil.

What is missing from your post is the mechanics and processes that drive the human evil tendency.
The potential for evil in all humans are innate and unavoidable, but when one understand the mechanics behind this, one can apply various techniques to modulate this dangerous evil potential.
Nah, it is cowardice to kill one's body merely to win over evil.

As stated some % of humans [the psychopaths and sickos] are unfortunately born with an active evil tendency and it is extremely difficult for them to control and modulate this primal evil impulse.

However the average person has the ability to develop neural inhibitors to modulate their inherent evil potential if it is ever triggered by whatever reason. Some humans has been doing this on a systematic basis since more than 2,000 years ago, e.g. the Buddhists who has a range of techniques to tweak their own internal neural circuits to modulate the evil potential within them.
example;
Buddha's 4NT-8FP -A Life Problem Solving Technique

I presume [as you have indicated above] you are an average Joe and it would be cowardice of you to kill your body to avoid your mind driving and committing evil acts.
Rather [if you are still young <40 or perhaps <50] you must be optimistic you can a master of your own destiny in terms of modulating evil within.
I really appreciate your points of view. I hear from many people that suicide is cowardice, but I am not so sure. I think an argument for the exact opposite can be made successfully. I know I'm terrified of suicide for many reasons: the pain, the unknown, possible consequences, etc. It will take much bravery for me to actually do it, when I recognize the time is right for me to do it. There are actions that may not be popular, or politically correct, or pleasant, or safe; but that are RIGHT or JUST. This is not the same for everybody. Each life circumstance, each heart, each person is different. What I propose is that each person finds those actions that are right for them and also for those around them. In my treatise I give suggestions, ideas, or possibilities that people may have never taken under consideration but that could be right for them.
Albert Tatlock

Post by Albert Tatlock »

BlindedWantsToSee wrote:INTRODUCTION
In summary, evil is anything that causes suffering, or prevents happiness,
According to your definition, would I be justified in regarding my latest gas bill as evil?
Albert Tatlock

Post by Albert Tatlock »

Spectrum wrote:
I am susceptible to petty evil acts once in a while.
Obviously, it would depend on the degree of pettiness but couldn't this be equally well described as being very naughty?
BlindedWantsToSee

Albert Tatlock wrote:
According to your definition, would I be justified in regarding my latest gas bill as evil?
To your question I would answer yes, but let me explain. Gas bills or other bills come from (are produced by) a set of conditions, including our human nature and needs, our local and global environments (the planet), among many other conditions. What I say is that the set of conditions which make bills a necessity of life for most people is evil. So, even though gas bills don't seem to be evil in themselves, they are evil, because they are a product and a tool of evil.

I'll explain a little more. Most people are not aware of the Sumerian story of creation. Those texts were written 2,000 years before the first book of the bible was written. I believe what they say a lot more than what the bible says because it makes more sense to me. In summary they tell us human beings were made by beings that came from another planet. They did this by mixing their own DNA with that of a creature of earth (Neanderthal man? or something like that). They had no right to make man, to mess with the creatures of earth; but they did not care because they needed manual labor in order to accomplish their mission. This happened about 200,000 years ago according to experts; and still now we slave in our daily jobs so that we can live comfortably in a planet where we do not belong!

Thanks so much for the question.
Spectrum
Favorite Philosopher: Eclectic -Various

Post by Spectrum »

BlindedWantsToSee wrote:I really appreciate your points of view. I hear from many people that suicide is cowardice, but I am not so sure. I think an argument for the exact opposite can be made successfully. I know I'm terrified of suicide for many reasons: the pain, the unknown, possible consequences, etc. It will take much bravery for me to actually do it, when I recognize the time is right for me to do it. There are actions that may not be popular, or politically correct, or pleasant, or safe; but that are RIGHT or JUST. This is not the same for everybody. Each life circumstance, each heart, each person is different. What I propose is that each person finds those actions that are right for them and also for those around them. In my treatise I give suggestions, ideas, or possibilities that people may have never taken under consideration but that could be right for them.
Morally, suicide cannot be a general rule nor absolute moral rule.
The grounding and theoretical test is, if suicide is an acceptable general rule then the human species would be extinct. Therefore suicide cannot be acceptable nor should it be promoted generally.

While suicide cannot be an absolute moral law, ethically, provisions can be made under closely scrutinized and exceptional conditions [to end terminal sufferings, etc.] for one to voluntary end one life.

In other conditions, ethically one can just let go of life if one has reached an ripe old age of at least [to be determined] say >80. This is not suicide but one need to develop a technique to let go of life. There are many Buddhist monks who perform such "letting go" when their age and conditions are appropriate. e.g.
Not-a-theist. Religion is a critical necessity for humanity now, but not the FUTURE.
BlindedWantsToSee

Albert Tatlock wrote:
I'd like to add to my previous answer that although most people have grown accustomed to having bills, and it is normal in our society to get bills, and it seems that the right thing to do is to pay our bills; this does not mean that having to pay bills is actually good or correct or moral. It is the fact bills are normal in our society that makes it seem like having to pay bills do not have any moral/ethical problems associated with them.

I will give a scenario to illustrate. Imagine a society of slaves. We know slavery is immoral, wrong, evil. Nobody should put up with it, and nobody should impose it on others (if anybody thinks slavery is good, then let him or her be the slave). The difference between this society of slaves and what happened in Europe and the Americas in the 1700's, and 1800's etc, is that the men were killed, the women were raped and forced to have baby slaves. Then the women were killed too. The baby slaves were raised as slaves, and treated, abused, exploited, punished, as slaves. Several rounds of breeding were conducted so there are older slaves who supervise or manage the new ones, and there are slaves that govern different aspects of the society, all of this for the benefit, profit, comfort of the slave masters. Slavery is all these slaves have ever known. To them this life is normal. They also have bills to pay, but that is just the way life is.

Yes! That's the way life is, but it is WRONG and evil, even though it's normal. The reason it is evil is because it hurts lives. It is unfair also, but the part that really makes me indignant is the exploitation, the causing of suffering to human beings, animals, all sentient beings, all living beings really, against their will; for the pleasure/benefit of somebody else (if somebody thinks exploiting others or hurting others is OK, then let them be the ones who suffer the exploitation and the hurt).

-- Updated October 16th, 2017, 11:10 pm to add the following --
Spectrum wrote:
BlindedWantsToSee wrote:I really appreciate your points of view. I hear from many people that suicide is cowardice, but I am not so sure....
Morally, suicide cannot be a general rule nor absolute moral rule.
The grounding and theoretical test is, if suicide is an acceptable general rule then the human species would be extinct. Therefore suicide cannot be acceptable nor should it be promoted generally.

While suicide cannot be an absolute moral law, ethically, provisions can be made under closely scrutinized and exceptional conditions [to end terminal sufferings, etc.] for one to voluntary end one life.

In other conditions, ethically one can just let go of life if one has reached an ripe old age of at least [to be determined] say >80. This is not suicide but one need to develop a technique to let go of life. There are many Buddhist monks who perform such "letting go" when their age and conditions are appropriate. e.g.
I agree suicide cannot be a law or rule. Every life belongs to itself only, to himself only, to herself only, to nobody else. Since it does not belong to anybody else, nobody has a right to mandate to that life what to do with itself.

"the human species would be extinct. Therefore suicide cannot be acceptable" assumes that it would be unacceptable for the human species to be extinct, but there is a lot of evidence that indicates that the world would be better off if the human species were to become extinct. Humans kill, abuse, and do all sorts of evil against each other, and against animals, and against the environment. If there were another species that were causing this much trouble, most people would probably try to make it extinct. Besides that, human beings are not completely natural to this planet, according to the Sumerian texts found around Irak in the 1850s. Our genes were introduced, forced really, into this planet. If this is true, we are an infection to this planet. And I believe it is true.

Regarding the conditions under which suicide is acceptable, I agree it is good to allow, maybe even help out, people who need help, to end their suffering; however, I don't believe we should prohibit or discourage suicide from those who feel they no longer want to live. A very current illustration of why I think this to be the case is the Las Vegas shooter, who killed so many people and injured/hurts so many others recently. He obviously did not have a reason to live. Maybe he was in pain physically or emotionally, or maybe he just found life meaningless, vain. We don't really know. We also don't know what he as trying to accomplish: was he punishing the sinners of Las Vegas? Was he just trying to hurt people that were having fun, because he was envious, because he was not able to be happy and have fun? Maybe he was actually trying to help those souls in some twisted way we do not understand. In any case, had the shooter held moral principles similar to the ones I propose, that tragedy would not have happened. He would have known:

1 Another life only belongs to itself. It is wrong, immoral, to impose one's will on, or hurt, or take anything from another living being against its will.
2 His life belongs to him only. Nobody has the right to hurt him or enslave him by making him stick around when he no longer wants to be around. It is OK if he ends his life. There is no hell waiting for him. His society does not condemn him for making his own decision about what he does with his own life.

As a consequence of the above, he is at peace, and he ends the torment of his life without hurting other people.
Steve3007

Post by Steve3007 »

BlindedWantsToSee about a week ago:
No, this is not a suicide note. I am really OK. I genuinely believe that what I wrote is a closer or more accurate approximation to reality than most (or all) other paradigms of life currently held by people. I believe people can benefit from viewing or interpreting life in a more accurate way. I do not like the solution I am proposing one bit, but in my opinion it is the only definitive solution to the problem of human suffering. I would like to educate people, to give them more control over their own lives and destinies. This will translate into a better, more harmonious society. However, these ideas are not for most people. I totally get that. So, I'm just sharing my perspectives for those who can make sense out of them and, hopefully, use them to their benefit and the benefit of those around them. Thank you for your questions and comments.
Sorry Blinded. I didn't see this reply of yours to my post until just now.

Good to hear that you're OK. I would say that you think about things too much, but that would probably be a superfluous comment. Most people on here probably think too much. That's why we're here.

If you think that any level of human suffering is a problem then I would agree that the only guaranteed solution to that problem is to end the human's life. But, of course, that would also be a solution to the "problem" of human happiness, if there is any to be had.

If you don't think that suffering has to be an insurmountable problem and that it's worth enduring it for the sake of the happy times (not to mention the happiness, and avoidance of suffering, for one's relatives) then perhaps it's worth letting life go on for a bit longer. If only just to see what happens in the world. And you know the old saying: Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Anyway, I hope you remain ok and keep sharing your thoughts.

-- Updated Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:47 am to add the following --

By the way, you seemed to suggest in your original post that you will be turning 50 soon. So will I. Next week in fact. When it happens, I'll let you know what it feels like!
Gary_M_Washburn

Post by Gary_M_Washburn »

It is objectively evident that it is irrational to be afraid of being dead, fear is something, and non-being, well, isn't. So what do we fear? Is it something? Being? If the dread of dying is illogical, and in reality a partial recognition that we do not experience our being completely, are we afraid that we are? Do we diminish our experience of being to a degree more endurable? Do we attenuate time? Stretch or thin it out to hide its unendurable completeness of our being? Is our experience of being a thinned out version of what we cannot endure completed? If so, how is that attenuated time anything like a context for our being at all, let alone our knowing and expressing it? But what if the final term of that attenuation (analytic reduction) is nothing less than that completed term of time our being is? If so, then the rat-race of avoiding the meaning of life is just the rigor of eventuating our crashing into it. But this also means that even though we lie to ourselves throughout life about what it is and means to be, the very rigor and discipline of it assures its completion and its being most real.

A tyro at music is in constant anxiety about mastering the instrument. Never gets it right. Over and over it must practice. Its aim, to achieve a perfect fluidity of repetition. The repetition that attenuates, and so hides from us, the moment of it. But is music replication or differentiation? Is it a machine or a person that is producing the music? If person, only differentiation can be its meaning, because its meaning is its name. And that music is the name of time. If replication, why is machine music so tedious, and the drudgery of life so objectionable? And yet, we endure that drudgery far more successfully than that completeness of our time, and of the meaning of our name, that we dread so irrationally!
Albert Tatlock

Post by Albert Tatlock »

BlindedWantsToSee wrote: I'd like to add to my previous answer that although most people have grown accustomed to having bills, and it is normal in our society to get bills, and it seems that the right thing to do is to pay our bills; this does not mean that having to pay bills is actually good or correct or moral. It is the fact bills are normal in our society that makes it seem like having to pay bills do not have any moral/ethical problems associated with them.
So you think it would be more moral to accept the advantages of being part of a society but not put anything back in. I'm not sure all the people involved in getting the gas out of the ground and piping it to my house so I can be all snug and cozy in the winter would think it moral or ethical that they should have to go to the trouble for nothing in return.
I will give a scenario to illustrate. Imagine a society of slaves.......
I'm not sure why you are giving me a scenario of slavery to illustrate why having to pay utility bills is evil. You are not a slave, you are free to go and live in the middle of nowhere where there are no people to be unkind to you and you don't have to pay bills or tax, the only price you'll have to pay for living in this paradise of total freedom is that you'll have to be completely self reliant. I suspect you're one of those who thinks it the duty of the rest of the World to be nice to you and provide for your needs with nothing more than a smile from you in return.

Return to “General Philosophy”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream