Actually good practical philosophy

Use this philosophy forum to discuss and debate general philosophy topics that don't fit into one of the other categories.

This forum is NOT for factual, informational or scientific questions about philosophy (e.g. "What year was Socrates born?"). Those kind of questions can be asked in the off-topic section.
Syamsu

Actually good practical philosophy

Post by Syamsu »

Creationism is the philosophy people already know intuitively, because it underlies all reasoning in common discourse. What makes creationist philosophy stand out among other philosophies is that it validates both subjective opinion and objective fact, each in their own right. All the other philosophies just validate objective fact. If you learn this philosophy you wil have a sharp mind.

Creationism : the idea that reality consists of creator and creation, where choice is the mechanism by which things are created (choice : to make an alternative future the present)

Subjective opinion (like beauty) applies to the creator category.

A subjective opinion is formed by choice, and is about what makes a choice.

Objective fact applies to the creation category.

An objective fact is obtained by evidence forcing to produce a 1 to 1 corresponding model of a creation.

Examples:
In investigating the police try to reconstruct what happened. "he came at her with a knife", "he held the knife high". These words produce a picture which supposedly corresponds 1 to 1 with what occurred. That is what facts are.

To say "I find this painting beautiful". The opinion is formed by spontaneous expression of emotion with free will, the opinion it is "ugly" could also have been chosen. The word "beautiful" refers to a love for the way the painting looks. Out of this love the word "beautiful" was chosen. But remember, the opinion it is "ugly" could also have been chosen. So the existence of this love is not a fact, but also a matter of opinion. That means it is equally valid to form the opinion that this love does NOT exist, as to choose the opinion that this love for the painting does exist.

So you see, just like reality is split into creator and creation, people are also split into creator and creation. The body and brain are creations, so it is a matter of objective fact what they consist of. But the emotions of someone, they are motivation to choices, they are doing the creating. So it is a matter of opinion whether someone is loving or hateful.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Re: Actually good practical philosophy

Post by Sy Borg »

So you are still pushing your version of creationism?

To prevent any pointless fire storms, Syamsu has his own version of "creationism" that he promotes which is not the same as the Big Ban in the Sky creator.

In topics like these where no one has a clue what the actual truth is and thus just guess, there seem to be two sides:

1. Consciousness first, then matter, with the idea being that first there was consciousness existing in a non physical domain from which matter emerges, and over time the matter changes to ever more resemble the original consciousness. So here, God or Its products are manifesting physically.

2. Matter first, with consciousness as emergent, as is observed in life generally, such as our own journey from a primitively-conscious infant to a self conscious being. With this approach, beings whom we would interpret as godlike may well evolve somewhere in the universe in the distant future.
Burning ghost

Post by Burning ghost »

Syamsu -

You're setting yourself up for conflict. I think many people suggested to you last time that altering some of the terminology would make possible discourse more manageable for those reading and produce some better material for you to work with.

TO ALL -

Those new to this idea should replace the term "creationism" with some other placeholder or you'll likely misdirect yourself. I would suggest something like "nascent", "geneticism" (although that has its own biological baggage) or perhaps "organic nativism"?

Basically don't assume a Biblical interpretation for which this term is most widely applied.

Good luck
AKA badgerjelly
Syamsu

Post by Syamsu »

I can only shake my head at the obvious lack of intellectual honesty. What the **** do you propose to call a philosophy which fundamentally separates reality into creator and creation, if not creationism?

Creationism is great. Establishing the anchor points of all human reasoning, subjective opinion and objective fact.

All who complain about it, they all leave subjective opinion hanging in the lurch. And that obviously leads to ignoring people's emotions, total evil.
Burning ghost

Post by Burning ghost »

Go ahead and have several arguments with people, again, and getting angry, again, because you fail to understand that using a term, which already has a whole load of baggage attached to it, in your own personal way is going to cause endless confusion and dead-ended argumentation.

BYE! :)
AKA badgerjelly
Syamsu

Post by Syamsu »

In the future creationism will be accepted again as the generic assumed philosophy. Once people realize the evil materialists do in destroying subjective opinion, materialism will be removed. But as of now parents, which to my mind are the people who have the power, still just send their kids to materialistic schools and universities, where their kids become emotionally crippled to a very significant extent.
Steve3007

Post by Steve3007 »

Syamsu!

Welcome back. creationism with a small 'c'. All that stuff about choice and subjectivity. The evils of making morality objective. The insistence that nobody in the world except you knows the difference between fact and opinion. Six years on exactly the same subject because the world just won't listen. It's all good.

Excellent stuff. Do your thing.
Syamsu

Post by Syamsu »

My philosophy is great, and I am great. I am the only one on these forums who has intellectual integrity. It's because I pay attention to the emotional basis I bring to a debate. Everybody else doesn't have the emotions ready to rise up above their prejudices.

I was spending time on facebook groups. Holy hell, the atheists there are plainly fascist. Atheists are the worst for prejudices. They are some kind of ultra bureaucrats of the scientific method. The kind of scientific method where everything in the universe must be similar to a steam engine. Cause and effect, everything forced, it is so incredibly stupid. I cannot believe how fascistic and stupid the atheists on facebook are.
Steve3007

Post by Steve3007 »

So you've left the facebook groups and come back to the philosophy club eh? You get a better class of atheist here. Although, obviously, they still do the whole making opinions into facts thing. I know you hate that.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Syamsu wrote:I can only shake my head at the obvious lack of intellectual honesty. What the **** do you propose to call a philosophy which fundamentally separates reality into creator and creation, if not creationism?

Creationism is great. Establishing the anchor points of all human reasoning, subjective opinion and objective fact.

All who complain about it, they all leave subjective opinion hanging in the lurch. And that obviously leads to ignoring people's emotions, total evil.
Syamsu, but this forum no longer tolerates this level of ill-willed behaviour. There are other forums that do tolerate it. This one does not. So the thread is being locked.

For future reference, instead of responding to different view with ad hominem attacks, if you feel someone does not understand, you have the option of PATIENTLY explain your position more clearly.

Return to “General Philosophy”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream