Why the West must ban Muslim immigration

Use this philosophy forum to discuss and debate general philosophy topics that don't fit into one of the other categories.

This forum is NOT for factual, informational or scientific questions about philosophy (e.g. "What year was Socrates born?"). Those kind of questions can be asked in the off-topic section.
Steve3007

Re: Why the West must ban Muslim immigration

Post by Steve3007 »

Spectrum:
When there is an epidemic, the solution is to put a stop of all possible related activities so that the authorities can trace the root causes and dealt with the problem from the root level.
I don't know how you'd define an epidemic. One incident per week? One per year? One per decade? If it's closer to the start of that list, then I could see how you could say there appears to be an epidemic of mass shootings. The current US administration appears to be actively resisting any attempt to "stop all possible related activities" in order to retain the support of the voter base that brought it to power. As a strategy for retaining for political power, I can see the sense in this.

-- Updated Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:39 am to add the following --

Greta:
I agree with this, although I think you'll find there are many Americans hoping for gun regulation.
Yes. I know several of them personally. I work with a very vocal one. But I guess that's democracy for you - the least worst political system that anyone has yet come up with. The American people as a whole (via the the electoral college system) voted for a president who absolutely supports the NRA. Therefore the American people as a whole have decided that the benefits of personal freedom trump the downsides of gun crime.

Just as the British people as a whole voted for Brexit. Even though I personally didn't.

-- Updated Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:57 am to add the following --

Greta:
To be fair, I remember problems with Italians and Greeks assimilating in the 60s. In face there was a term - "Greek fires" - to describe a very common insurance scam. There were "sharpie" (knife) gangs etc. Catholic Lebanese and the Vietnamese refugees also formed gangs. Now we have Muslim gangs.
In the UK, for a while it was the Irish. Signs like this were so common that they've become a cliche:

-- Updated Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:58 am to add the following --

(Note the order of priority.)

-- Updated Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:40 pm to add the following --

Spectrum:
You need to read the Quran thoroughly to understand this non-assimilating expectation from Allah.

There are Muslims who drink and mixed well with non-Muslims. Generally these are Muslims who are ignorant of the central ethos of Islam based on the Quran. Those who interact and are friendly with non-Muslims are doing so as being-more-human and not as good Muslims per-se.

3:118. O ye [Muslims] who believe! Take not for intimates [friends biṭānatan بِطَانَةً] others [infidels] than your own folk, who [these infidels] would spare no pains to ruin you [Muslims]; they [infidels] love to hamper [ʿanittum عَنِتُّمْ ] you [Muslims].
Hatred is revealed by (the utterance of) their [infidels] mouths, but that which their [infidels] breasts hide is greater.
We have made plain for you [Muslims] the revelations if ye will understand.

There are many other verses that forbid Muslims from being general friends or associates [awliyaa] with non-Muslim.
I don't have much knowledge of either the Quran or the Bible. But, out of interest, I had a look around to see if there was anything in the Bible that gives similar advice/commands to its readers. Here's a few things I found:

2 Corinthians 6:14

14 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?

2 John 1:10-11

If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.

1 Corinthians 15:33

Do not be deceived: "Bad company ruins good morals."

1 Corinthians 5:11

But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one.

Ezekiel 33:9

But if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, that person shall die in his iniquity, but you will have delivered your soul.

(When I saw the name "Ezekiel" I was briefly excited because I thought it might say "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men....", but apparently Pulp Fiction lied to me and Ezekiel doesn't actually contain that little ditty.)

Any thoughts? Perhaps I should be wary of having a drink with a Christian as well as with a Muslim? Or perhaps I should just get to know both of them to see if they both take the words of their holy book with a pinch of salt.
JamesOfSeattle
Premium Member

Post by JamesOfSeattle »

Just curious, if Islam is inherently evil, why doesn't it seem to have been a problem until my lifetime?
Albert Tatlock

Post by Albert Tatlock »

Steve3007 wrote:Or perhaps I should just get to know both of them to see if they both take the words of their holy book with a pinch of salt.
Sounds a bit risky to me, Steve, carry on like that and it could well lead to a serious outbreak of peace and harmony.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

JamesOfSeattle wrote:Just curious, if Islam is inherently evil, why doesn't it seem to have been a problem until my lifetime?
As a child, all I knew of the Middle East was the romance of the Arabian Nights and Muslims' reputation for extraordinary generosity and kindness to strangers.
Ecurb

Post by Ecurb »

Actually, the history of Islam is diverse, and often blood drenched. But so is the history of humanity. Maria Rosa Menocal's book "The Ornament of the World: How Muslims, Jews and Christians Created a Culture of Tolerance in Medieval Spain" is well written, fascinating and educational. In the Ninth and Tenth Centuries, Cordoba (the seat of Muslim culture in Spain) was a multi-cultural city, and Jews and Christians held high positions in the Muslim Government. Unfortunately, Menocal died young a year or two back. She was a professor at Yale.

Cordoba (and Muslim culture in general) preserved classical scholarship and art. Indeed, Arabic was the universal written language of the Mediterranean region during this period -- even more than Greek and Latin. Many of the Greek and Latin Classics that spurred the Renaissance were translated from Arabic back into Latin. The "New Latin" languages (like French, Spanish and Italian) as well as the Germanic languages were rarely written until the 13th Century.

Religious bigotry has, of course, resulted in many atrocities throughout human history, and should be stamped out whenever it is seen. However, since it appears to be thriving on this philosophy forum, the stamping out seems difficult to accomplish.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Ecurb wrote:Religious bigotry has, of course, resulted in many atrocities throughout human history, and should be stamped out whenever it is seen.
Must such bigotry be stamped out? Yes, it would be desirable for people to be more accepting of others in every way, but the realpolitik is that prejudice is on the rise around the world. We move towards interesting times.
Ecurb wrote:However, since it appears to be thriving on this philosophy forum, the stamping out seems difficult to accomplish.
I disagree with most posts on the forum but I don't censor them. Should this approach change in your opinion?
Spectrum
Favorite Philosopher: Eclectic -Various

Post by Spectrum »

Steve3007 wrote:Spectrum:
When there is an epidemic, the solution is to put a stop of all possible related activities so that the authorities can trace the root causes and dealt with the problem from the root level.
I don't know how you'd define an epidemic. One incident per week? One per year? One per decade? If it's closer to the start of that list, then I could see how you could say there appears to be an epidemic of mass shootings. The current US administration appears to be actively resisting any attempt to "stop all possible related activities" in order to retain the support of the voter base that brought it to power. As a strategy for retaining for political power, I can see the sense in this.
I refer to epidemic as an example.
The violence from Islam is not everyday, but every day there are the various range of evil reported from the Muslim community with regular peaks of terrible violence. These events are quite equivalent to an epidemic.
In addition, a first hand living as a minority in a majority Muslim country will enable one to feel the impulse of the evil ethos emanating from ideology of Islam.

Note this site;
https://www.thereligionofpeace.com
On the left column, there is the the statistics of deadline terror.
On the right hand column, you will note a listing of daily negative acts of various degrees from the various Muslim community around the World.

It is obvious the idea of banning Muslims is primary a political strategy to please his voter base. Nonetheless it is also address and direct attention the real problem of evil and violence from the Muslims community as inspired by Islamic ideology.

So at least there is something in addressing the Islamic-based violence. Since Trump, the Islamic State is no demolished in Iraq and Syria. Saudi Arabia is making real move towards moderate Islam away from Wahabism.
My wish is those in authority get to the real root causes.
You need to read the Quran thoroughly to understand this non-assimilating expectation from Allah.

There are Muslims who drink and mixed well with non-Muslims. Generally these are Muslims who are ignorant of the central ethos of Islam based on the Quran. Those who interact and are friendly with non-Muslims are doing so as being-more-human and not as good Muslims per-se.

3:118. O ye [Muslims] who believe! Take not for intimates [friends biṭānatan بِطَانَةً] others [infidels] than your own folk, who [these infidels] would spare no pains to ruin you [Muslims]; they [infidels] love to hamper [ʿanittum عَنِتُّمْ ] you [Muslims].
Hatred is revealed by (the utterance of) their [infidels] mouths, but that which their [infidels] breasts hide is greater.
We have made plain for you [Muslims] the revelations if ye will understand.

There are many other verses that forbid Muslims from being general friends or associates [awliyaa] with non-Muslim.
I don't have much knowledge of either the Quran or the Bible. But, out of interest, I had a look around to see if there was anything in the Bible that gives similar advice/commands to its readers. Here's a few things I found:

2 Corinthians 6:14
14 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?

2 John 1:10-11
If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.

1 Corinthians 15:33
Do not be deceived: "Bad company ruins good morals."

1 Corinthians 5:11
But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one.

Ezekiel 33:9
But if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, that person shall die in his iniquity, but you will have delivered your soul.

(When I saw the name "Ezekiel" I was briefly excited because I thought it might say "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men....", but apparently Pulp Fiction lied to me and Ezekiel doesn't actually contain that little ditty.)

Any thoughts? Perhaps I should be wary of having a drink with a Christian as well as with a Muslim? Or perhaps I should just get to know both of them to see if they both take the words of their holy book with a pinch of salt.
I highlighted the verse to support the point on topic.

The Abrahamic religions has very strong primal impulse of "us versus them" in their doctrine. So I am not surprise there are similar verses that promote unfriendliness with non-believers in the Bible.

However I believe these views are softened by the overall pacifist statements of the NT, i.e. 'love your enemies' love your neighbor, give the other cheek, etc. This is evident by the degrees of assimilating tendencies of Christians in contrast to Muslims in general.

-- Updated Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:26 am to add the following --
JamesOfSeattle wrote:Just curious, if Islam is inherently evil, why doesn't it seem to have been a problem until my lifetime?
Note this,

Jihad - the first 1,300 years
http://www.provethebible.net/T2-Hist/Is ... d-1300.htm

In addition to the above, do some research on the topic to get a wider view.

The above are the major evils.
Because Islam is inherently evil which inspires SOME Muslims who are evil prone, there are a wide range of lesser evils which are not reported but nevertheless has caused terrible sufferings to non-believers.
Not-a-theist. Religion is a critical necessity for humanity now, but not the FUTURE.
JamesOfSeattle
Premium Member

Post by JamesOfSeattle »

Spectrum wrote: Note this,

Noted. What's listed there is a history of conquest, and the evils perpetrated by EVERY SINGLE CULTURE that ever conquered territory, EVER. The powers that be always invoke tribalism for political gain. There's always an enemy, even if it has to be invented. Stop falling for that. We can do better.

Steve3007

Post by Steve3007 »

Spectrum:
However I believe these views are softened by the overall pacifist statements of the NT, i.e. 'love your enemies' love your neighbor, give the other cheek, etc. This is evident by the degrees of assimilating tendencies of Christians in contrast to Muslims in general.
Is this true? If so, it certainly hasn't always been true has it? According to my admittedly limited knowledge of world history, when the representatives of Christian countries immigrated to other countries in the past they didn't seem to be keen to encourage the local religions and assimilate themselves with them. As far as I know, the representatives of countries such as Spain and Portugal in the Americas and the British in Africa, America or Australia didn't go there so that they could take in the local culture and convert to the local religions and customs. They tended to believe that the locals were superstitious children who needed to be shown the way to Jesus, by force if necessary. Or simply robbed and slaughtered. Didn't they? We're still seeing the repercussions of that in Zimbabwe right now, with the Catholic educated Robert Mugabe who is just about to be replaced.

Doesn't this suggest that it isn't the particular religion which causes people to either assimilate or not assimilate, but other aspects of the culture? In Britain, it was the innate sense of the superiority of the British ruling classes over all the "primitive natives" in the world (taught to them on the playing fields of Eton and Harrow). Doesn't this suggest that the religion is one of the weapons - one of the tools - rather than the root cause? I haven't yet been convinced that the root cause isn't tribalism, the desire for power, the traditional attitudes of men towards women in many different cultures and material acquisitivness.

As some posters have been saying, Islam wasn't always firmly associated in our western minds with terrorism. When I was younger, back in the days when Cat Stevens converted to Islam and before that, it was just another one of those hippy things. Like people becoming Buddhists.

-- Updated Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:15 am to add the following --

Spectrum:
Note this site;
On the right hand column, you will note a listing of daily negative acts of various degrees from the various Muslim community around the World.
A quick look at that list seems to me to indicate that a similar list could be compiled about various people who are/were nominally Christian in the past and to some extent the present. "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!" (I know Monty Python is not an accurate account of history, but you get the idea.)

You might say that that's all in the past and that Christian cultures, and the secular cultures that are evolving from them, are now more tolerant of other views. Too tolerant, perhaps. You might be right. But doesn't this suggest that it isn't the details of the particular religion that cause mans's inhumanity to man (and particularly to woman)? It's a deeper part of human nature which surfaces in various cultures at various times, regardless of their particular religion?
LuckyR

Post by LuckyR »

Dachshund wrote:I recently posted a topic in the "Philosophy of Politics" forum regarding Donald Trump and the question of Muslim immigration, though upon reflection, I feel that the issues involved are interesting enough to warrant being put up for debate again here in the "General Philosophy" section of the forum.

In his 2016 election campaign Trump promised that he would, as President, order a "total and complete" shutdown on Muslim immigration which would remain in place until the US authorities "can figure out what's going on". I think this was a very wise and very timely policy pledge on Trump's part, unfortunately however his efforts to implement it when he was elected President in 2017 quickly ran into legal difficulties and - to cut a long story short - the American authorities never did, in my opinion, have a proper opportunity to critically appraise the situation and "figure out what's going on".

It seems to me that when a little bit of time is put aside is analyse the question logically, there is only one conclusion we can arrive at, and this is that any person who identifies as a practising Muslim should be not be permitted to migrate to the United States nor , indeed, to any other of the world's current advanced, industrialised Western societies (such the United Kingdom, Canada , Australia, etc.)

At the moment, most of the politicians and the public in these Western nations are still blithely unaware of the tremendous danger that Muslim immigration currently poses to their societies and the reason why their governments should act to impose a blanket ban on any further Muslim intake as soon as is practically possible in their own best interests.

The basic reason is simply because there is, in fact, no such thing as a moderate, peace-loving Muslim. All persons who identify as practising Muslims should be understood as being, in a very real sense, violent extremists, and I would be happy to explain why this for those who are interested, or, debate it with anyone who disagrees.
Uummm, how does the Immigration bureaucracy figure out who the muslims are (so they be banned)?
"As usual... it depends."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

JamesOfSeattle wrote:
Spectrum wrote: Note this,
Noted. What's listed there is a history of conquest, and the evils perpetrated by EVERY SINGLE CULTURE that ever conquered territory, EVER. The powers that be always invoke tribalism for political gain. There's always an enemy, even if it has to be invented. Stop falling for that. We can do better.
ALL humans has the potential for evils and a % [say 20%] are born with an active tendency for evil.
As such, there has been all sorts of evils over the history of mankind.

Initially you thought Islam was innocent of evils over its history until recent times.
The link I provided is to show you there has been evils associated with Islam since its beginning.
The critical point is, Islam is the one religion [the only active one at present] where Allah condone promote evils and violence via its holy texts against its non-believers.

If you are a non-Muslims it is wiser to be aware of this inherent potential evils and violence against non-Muslims and be very mindful when you are among Muslims especially in certain Muslim majority countries.

It is understood, in various countries there are varying degrees of crimes, violence and evils against the locals and foreigners but they are driven natural human evil tendencies and not by a religious ideology. Islam is the only active religion the condone and sanction the killing of non-believers for various reasons and merely because they disbelieve Islam.
There are so many instances of atheists killed [e.g. Bangladesh] because they have a negative opinion of Islam.

Therefore it is very negligent and dangerous if you ignore the specific Islamic factor when Muslims commit evils and violence and brush it off as a general problem of evil.
Not-a-theist. Religion is a critical necessity for humanity now, but not the FUTURE.
Steve3007

Post by Steve3007 »

I would suggest taking some tips from people who have faced, and solved, similar challenges in the past. The Nuremburg laws, "for the protection of German Blood and German Honour" used a combination of parentage and physical features, such as facial features.

(I realize I am shamelessly demonstrating the application of Godwin's law here. But if the hat fits...)

-- Updated Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:01 am to add the following --

(The above was a reply to LuckyR. I'll check out Spectrum's post later.)
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Steve3007 wrote:Spectrum:
Is this true? If so, it certainly hasn't always been true has it? According to my admittedly limited knowledge of world history, when the representatives of Christian countries immigrated to other countries in the past they didn't seem to be keen to encourage the local religions and assimilate themselves with them. As far as I know, the representatives of countries such as Spain and Portugal in the Americas and the British in Africa, America or Australia didn't go there so that they could take in the local culture and convert to the local religions and customs. They tended to believe that the locals were superstitious children who needed to be shown the way to Jesus, by force if necessary. Or simply robbed and slaughtered. Didn't they? We're still seeing the repercussions of that in Zimbabwe right now, with the Catholic educated Robert Mugabe who is just about to be replaced.

Doesn't this suggest that it isn't the particular religion which causes people to either assimilate or not assimilate, but other aspects of the culture? In Britain, it was the innate sense of the superiority of the British ruling classes over all the "primitive natives" in the world (taught to them on the playing fields of Eton and Harrow). Doesn't this suggest that the religion is one of the weapons - one of the tools - rather than the root cause? I haven't yet been convinced that the root cause isn't tribalism, the desire for power, the traditional attitudes of men towards women in many different cultures and material acquisitivness.

As some posters have been saying, Islam wasn't always firmly associated in our western minds with terrorism. When I was younger, back in the days when Cat Stevens converted to Islam and before that, it was just another one of those hippy things. Like people becoming Buddhists.
All humans has the 'us versus them' instinct to some degree and thus will tend to flock with birds of feather than outsiders. This is one factor that resist assimilation and co-operation with the 'other.'

As I had stated, where it was due to natural instincts, people will assimilate and co-operate in time.

Where is encoded in a holy texts [be it Quran or Bible*] this "us versus them" is deemed immutable for eternity and Muslims by Allah's order are commanded not to assimilate or co-operate with non-Muslims. What is worst in these commands not to befriend non-believers are conditioned to the penalty of going to hell upon death.
* you listed certain related verses in the Bible but in practice the non-assimilation is not serious in the longer run and at present.

The problem with Islam and Muslims their preachers who are well informed to the verses are brainwashing Muslims to distance themselves from non-Muslims because the Quran condemned them as dirty, not divinely pure, etc.
There are tribal and political elements, but in this case, the root cause for Muslims not assimilating is the religion, i.e. the verses that promote the us versus them thinking and specific verses not to befriend non-Muslims under the threat of going to hell if they do not comply.

Politics, tribal and other reasons are not the critical root here because anyone who do not have any political inclinations is still caught by the religious command not to assimilate.

Note this site;
A quick look at that list seems to me to indicate that a similar list could be compiled about various people who are/were nominally Christian in the past and to some extent the present. "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!" (I know Monty Python is not an accurate account of history, but you get the idea.)

You might say that that's all in the past and that Christian cultures, and the secular cultures that are evolving from them, are now more tolerant of other views. Too tolerant, perhaps. You might be right. But doesn't this suggest that it isn't the details of the particular religion that cause mans's inhumanity to man (and particularly to woman)? It's a deeper part of human nature which surfaces in various cultures at various times, regardless of their particular religion?
As I had stated, ALL humans has the potential to commit evil and a % [est 20%] are born with an active evil tendencies.
If we trace from the evil acts committed, most of the evils acts by those with evil tendencies are triggered by various elements, e.g. social, gangs, drugs, politics, sports, anger, sex, love, religion, etc.

The fact is for evils and violence acts committed by Muslims we can trace these acts to the root cause from the verses in the Quran and Ahadiths. In this case we have to accept, the religion of Islam with its evil laden elements in the Quran is a cause of certain evils acts committed by Muslims.
In contrast, there are evils and violence acts committed by Buddhists [e.g. Myanmar] but we cannot trace these evil acts to any verses from the Buddhist texts. In this case we cannot blame the religion of Buddhism.

In Problem Solving we must identify the critical and significant root causes effectively otherwise one will be fire-fighting all the time [like at the present with Islamic related evil] because the authorities keep insisting Islam is a religion of peace.
Steve3007

Post by Steve3007 »

Spectrum,

I guess if we were being scientific about it, as you've suggested, we need to establish whether there is a long term correlation between proposed cause and effect. We need lots of points on a nice straight-line graph with "acts of evil per unit time" on one axis and "religious affiliation" on the other, so that we can demonstrate that the more exhortations to evil in your religion, the more evil you will do.

You've suggested that the root cause is evil-laden verses in the Quran. You say that the Quran differs from the holy texts of other religions in the extent to which it explicitly exhorts its readers to do things that we would consider to be evil and which it considers to be good. And it promises heavenly rewards for those who obey and punishment for those who don't.

If we take that as true, then we have to find the correlation, with Muslims doing evil (as we see it) more than adherents of other reigions. It has to be long term and global, not just recent and local, in order to average out the effect of other cultural differences.

If we do that, looking at the behaviour of people who claim to be Muslim and people who claim to be, say, Christian, over several hundred years, do we find that the former tend to do more evil than the latter? Do we find a much greater tendency to refuse to assimilate with local customs, to conquer, to kill and exploit? As I've said, with my limited knowledge of history, it seems to me that the answer is "no", although perhaps you can show me to be wrong.

Regarding the first one: assimilation with the locals. You may have noticed that all of the Americas, Australia and much of Africa is Christian. It wasn't always that way. Christianity didn't arise in the Americas, Africa or Australia. So that in itself seems to me to answer that question, from a long-term global perspective. From that perspective, the relative peacefulness of the message of Christianity, compared to Islam, doesn't seem to me to have made much difference. "Each to their own" or "It takes all sorts to make a world" doesn't seem, historically, to have been the motto of the Christian people of Europe when they spread out into the world.

If I'm right in saying this (and please tell me if I'm mistaken) then the conclusion would have to be that there is no particularly strong correlation between the words in the holy texts and the way people actually behave in practice, over the long term.

As a footnote: It's a funny irony to me that a US president who claims to make this kind of assimilation a core issue is so anti-assimilation when it comes to the country that his European ancestors adopted. I'm thinking, as an example, of his desire to reverse the Obama era change to the name of Mount Mckinley in Alaska to its indigenous name. Trump was very clear that he thought it right for it to continue to be named after the Christian invader who didn't assimilate. I can understand this. It's perfectly natural tribal loyalty. It's "My tribe is allowed to invade and conquer but other tribes aren't. The invading and conquering can stop, and be condemned, as soon as my tribe has won." I don't condemn this attitude. But I think we should clearly see it for what it is.

-- Updated Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:19 pm to add the following --

A footnote to the footnote (a toe note?):

According to a well known online encyclopedia, President McKinley (of English and Scots-Irish descent) raised protective tariffs to promote American industry. Maybe that's why President Trump is keen for a mountain to continue to be named after him. He's a kindred spirit.

-- Updated Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:20 pm to add the following --

He was assassinated though.

Just saying.
Dachshund

Post by Dachshund »

Atreyu wrote:
Dachshund wrote:The basic reason is simply because there is, in fact, no such thing as a moderate, peace-loving Muslim. All persons who identify as practising Muslims should be understood as being, in a very real sense, violent extremists, and I would be happy to explain why this for those who are interested, or, debate it with anyone who disagrees.
I agree with an absolute ban on Muslims, but my reasoning is far different than yours and I utterly reject your above premise as racist and ignorant. Many Muslims are moderate and peace loving, and, in fact, that is probably the norm. Many would even prefer not living under Sharia law, perhaps even a majority.

My reason for banning them is simply that it's too difficult for them to assimilate en mass, and that eventually, if the current trend continues, their presence will ultimately lead to the destruction of all Western civilization and the principles on which it was founded.

In other words, multiculturalism does not work at all, and, in fact, is simply a fancy word for decay....

Atreyu,

No, it is YOU, my friend, who is - alas (!)- [ad hominem attack removed, warning issued].

Like many in the West it is perfectly clear that you simply do not understand Islam and have evidently been duped by the politically correct propaganda -that continues to be promulgated by its left-leaning,"progressive" academics, the liberal political orthodoxy and their echo chambers in the mainstream media- into swallowing the myth of the good, peace-loving "moderate" Muslim majority. The fact is, that the term "moderate" Muslim is an oxymoron, and anyone with even a modest knowledge of Islam and its sacred scriptures (the Koran and the Sunnah) knows that this is indeed the case. Before I explain why, I will ask you to carefully note that when I use the term "Muslim" I am referring, in a strict sense, to a person who is a bone fide follower of the Islamic faith as it is revealed in the Koran and the collected deeds, teachings and sayings of the prophet Mohammed that are recorded in the Sunnah. I also stipulate that a Muslim is one who conscientiously observes the articles of Sharia law. ( For example, if a certain person is an ethnic Arab, was born in a Muslim majority state like Iraq, had Muslim parents ( who were bone fide followers of Islam and raised him/her in the Islamic faith as a child), but, as an adult, immigrated to the West, currently resides in, say London or New York, and has now completely washed their hands of their former Islamic faith and observance of Sharia law, I would NOT regard that person to be a Muslim in any sense of the term.)

In today's Western societies, as Steve mentioned in one of his posts on this thread, we see many ordinary, everyday Muslims: doctors, civil servants, university students, shop owners, lawyers, stay- at- home mothers, bankers, teachers, clerks, car salesmen, plumbers, accountants, computer programmers, electricians, scientists and so on, all of whom appear to be good, law-abiding citizens an are ostensibly peace-loving "moderate" Muslims who have no connection whatsoever with the violent extremism of a small, perverse minority of radical, militant Islamic extremists who perpetrate murderous acts of terrorism, such as the recent atrocities in New York, Manchester, Paris and the City of London, etc.

The truth of the matter is that although they may only play a passive support role , all of these so-called good, "moderate" Muslims have the same ultimate goal; i.e. to defeat the enemies of Islam, and there are many ways to engage in "jihad" beside utiliizing personal physical violence. The "peaceful" Muslims we observe in countries like the US, the UK , Australia and the like are playing this passive support role in order to realise the ultimate goal of conquering the world for Islam by wiping out the infidel and his civilizations. Islam, just like the Roman god Janus, has two faces: the militant Muslim is the person who is literally cutting of the head of the infidel while the moderate Muslim holds the victim's feet.

In modern Western societies where Muslims are a minority, they co-opt the (generous) provisions of the dominant liberal/democratic culture by demanding ever more rights and privileges and funds for minorities from the host country. When their numbers grow by birth or immigration, they then want to impose Sharia law ( in the UK, the East End of London and many districts of Birmingham, among other places, are a good examples of where this has already happened). When they become the majority, they start to bring death and destruction to the host nation and begin ethnic cleansing. This is the worst type of of disloyalty and hypocrisy.

It is exactly the same as what Mohammed did to the early Meccans. When he was weak, he brought down verses, which praised the pagan gods ( i.e. the "satanic verses") to make the Meccans happy. But when he became powerful, his darker side increasingly emerged, and the Koranic verses began lose their beauty. Once he conquered Mecca, he showed his true colours to everyone - either convert or die by the sword!

Though concerned governments, such as those in the West spend billions to protect their citizens from Islamic "jihadis", the policy-makers often fail to see this point. They are making the same mistake as the early Meccans did. They realise the impact of radical Islam, but fail to pay attention to moderate Islam. Little do they understand that this so-called moderate Islam is much more dangerous than radical Islam, because it grows silently and kills the host by stealth and deception. It is impossible for a Muslim to live and commune within non-Islamic societies without an obligation to convert them to Islam by force or deception, (the Koran make this perfectly clear). Islamic "jihad" has many faces, it is not just slaughtering people for Islam; it is also the systematic suppression of truth and promulgation of lies and deceitful dissimulation. If not, how can the moderate Muslims boldly assert (despite hard evidence to the contrary) that Islam is a peaceful religion ?

The slogan "Islam is a religion of peace" is about 1400 years out of date. The seed of terrorism is germinating inside every Muslim. Anyone who puts a grain of trust on Mohammed and the Koran, fills up his mind with unjustifiable hate and paranoia, and he is bound to harbour the same kind of destructive ideas as his prophet. The sinister force of Mohammed's narcissism immediately starts working in him.

Even now after more than a 15 years into the war on Islamic terror, we often hear that Islam is a religion of peace. While those so-called peaceful Muslims use this term for obvious reasons, those, who know Islam, use the term sarcastically. Terrorism is in every cell of Islam. Those who are against terrorism have no place in Islam; they are infidels. The prophet Mohammed's 7th century assertion is that abandoning the cause of "jihad" is a disgraceful act tantamount to leaving the Islamic religion.

"Jihad" in the name of Allah is an integral part of a Muslim's life. Violence against non-Muslims is not a twisting of Islam, but is repeatedly affirmed in the Koran, the Hadith and the teachings of Mohammed, and the rulings of every school of Islamic jurisprudence. Muslim terrorists are not "hijacking" Islam; they are, in fact, restoring it. Without terrorism, Islam will suffocate and collapse in quick lime. This history of Islam is an outrageous millenium long devil -dance of murder, massacre, rape and plunder, trickery, treachery and torture across the world from the day of its inception. The peaceful face of Islam is a deception. It is political Islam, which is the mask of violent Islam. As a recent Turkish Prime Minister commented; "These descriptions. It is offensive and an insult to our religion. There is no moderate or immoderate Islam. Islam is Islam and that's it".

The only difference between a peaceful Muslima and a terrorist Muslim is that terrorists act openly and are not shy in making their agenda known to non-Muslims, whereas peaceful Muslims are hypocrites who act silently and slyly. Muslims cannot be a loyal minority, and as their numbers and strength increase, they will demand to impose Islamic laws and systems on their hosts. In fact, the Koran instructs them not to live as minorities, but to try to take over. Their allegiance is always to the wider world of Islam over any national boundaries. As a prominent American Muslim spokesman Siraj Wahaj advised Muslims in North America: "If only Muslims were clever politically, they could take over the United States and replace constitutional government with a caliphate".

Islam and terrorism are blood brothers. In the wake of the two London bombings in 2005, al-Ghurabaa, one of the most radical Islamic groups in Britain stated: "Any Muslim that believes that terror is a part of Islam is "kafir" (non-believer)". And a similar self-explanatory statement from Zakir Naik was: "Every Muslim should be a terrorist". These so-called peaceful Muslims are very calculative and proceed in a highly sophisticated manner. For instance, the influential American convert to Islam, Hamza Yusuf, exhorted Muslims to advance strategically in their goals, saying: "There are times when you have to live like a sheep, in order to live a future like a lion".

This is called "al-taqiyya" (legal deception or dissimulation) in Islam, which allows Muslims to literally deny any aspect of their faith, and it is defined as follows: "Taqiyya is merely uttering of the tongue, while the heart is comfortable with faith". These so-called moderate, peaceful Muslims give long speeches extolling the virtues of Western human rights and democratic values and singing the peaceful verses (i.e. what author Salman Rushdie famously dubbed the "Satanic Verses") of the Koran, but once Islam becomes powerful, they begin to sing an entirely different tune. The fundamental concept of universal, equal human rights, developed in the West with the work of English philosophers like John Locke in the 17th century and later Enlightenment era thinkers, have not had the slightest impact on Islam even to this day. Hard-line Muslims have openly admitted this fact. In January of 1985, Saeed Raja'i-Khorasani, the permanent delegate to the United Nations from the Islamic Republic of Iran, declared, for example: "The very concept of human rights is a Judeo-Christian invention and inadmissible in Islam".

The so-called peaceful Muslims would not hesitate to implement "Jyzia" tax on Christians and Jews, and slit the throats of Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs, ex-Muslims and agnostics in accordance with Sharia law. Deep down, every "believer" is potentially the judge and executioner of every "nonbeliever". After all, both the terrorists and the peaceful Muslims are working for the same cause - to dominate the world in the name of Islam as they are explicitly commanded by Allah in such verses as (9:29) of the Koran.

Since the noblest goal of a Muslim is to assist Islamic rule of the world, these "moderate" Muslims shamelessly endeavour to deceive the infidel with their twisted logic and pathological lying. They reiterate the same lies again and again as though thinking that it they become true if repeated often enough. If necessary, they will distort the meaning of Koranic verses in accordance with their selfish needs.For instance, Imam Ghazali said: "Speaking is a means to achieve objectives. If a praiseworthy aim is attainable through both telling the truth and lying, it is unlawful to accomplish through lying, because there is no need for it. When it is possible to achieve such an aim by lying but not telling the truth, it is permissible to lie if attaining the goal is permissible". Similarly, as Imam Jafar Sadiq advised,

"One, who exposes something from our religion,
is like one who intentionally kills us."
"You belong to a religion that whosoever conceals
it, Allah will honor him and whosoever reveals it,
Allah will disgrace and humiliate him."

The peaceful, "moderate" Muslims and the extremist, terrorist Muslims are merely two sides of the one coin. For a peaceful Muslim, it is very easy to become a terrorist. Hate for non-Muslims is a fundamental tenet of Islam and violence is the conclusion. As the Ayatollah Sadegh Khalkhali, a hard-line Iranian Judge openly declared: "Those who are against killing have no place in Islam. Our Prophet killed with his own blessed hands. Our Imam Ali killed more than 700 on a single day. If the survival of the faith requires the shedding of blood, we are there to perform our duty".

So, when a so-called peaceful, "moderate" Muslim emerges as a terrorist it does not involve a discrete choice to change status. Thanks to the teachings of Islam, a terrorist is lurking inside every Muslim waiting for a chance to come out. For example, the Koran states, "When the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them..." A son of a Pakistani businessman was inspired by this verse and took the chilling oath: "I state in the presence of God that I will slaughter the infidels my entire life. May God give me strength in fulfilling this oath". Throughout the entire recorded history of Islam there is no recorded tradition of pacifism, the Koran, the holiest religious book, has instead turned men into monsters. Muslims, generation after generation, have taken up the Koran's teachings and transfigured themselves into brutal weapons of injustice, oppression and domination.

Islamic terrorism is a complex phenomenon; hence, the personalities of terrorists change from person to person. It would be futile to try and attribute a simple and global characteristic to all of them. In Islam terrorists can assume many roles - only a few will actually fire the weapon or detonate the bomb. The "personality" of a Muslim politician, or a Mullah, or a financier of Islamic terrorism, or a burqa-clad, illiterate Muslim woman, who gives birth to a dozen kids because a large family pleases Allah, or the simple, pious Muslim, who pays the regular Zakat to the mosque, is different from that of an administrator or strategist, or an assassin or a suicide bomber. This is the essence of "jihad" that has been widely discussed in Islamic books on religious laws. Though some systematic differences might be discerned between those who engage in terrorism and those who do not; deep down, they have an identical psychological set-up. Taylor and Quale, the two well-known research academics whose work is focused on modern-day religious terrorism, have concluded that: "The active terrorist is not discernibly different in psychological terms from the non-terrorist; in psychological terms, there are no special qualities that characterise the terrorist".

Moreover who can deny the fact that the the radical clerics and militant community leaders are elected through these moderate Muslims? Though experts estimate that 10 to 15 percent of the world's Muslims support "jihadist" agenda, there are indications from various parts of the Islamic world that the actual number is much higher. During a terrorism finance trial in New York, Bernard Haykel, an associate professor of Islamic studies at New York University, estimated that around 90% of the Arab Muslims support Hamas - the Islamic terrorist organization that blows up buses and restaurants filled with civilians to further its goals of a Pakistanian Sharia state. In addition to this, Dr Imran Waheed, the London spokesman for the international "peaceful" jihadist group, Hizb ut-Tahir, recently claimed that 99 percent of Muslims worldwide want a caliphate to rule the world. These statistics strongly suggest that those Muslims, who support terrorism, are not a tiny minority but a vast majority.

In reality, peaceful, "moderate" Islam does not exist. A peaceful Muslim is an oxymoron that makes about as much sense as the term "peaceful Nazi". "Al Islam huwa al hall" (" Islam is the solution") is not a slogan raised by terrorists only, but by all Muslims. The nouns "terrorist" or "terrorists" don't necessarily refer to everyone within a terrorist organization. In an army, not everyone carries a gun. There are many non-fighting members, e.g. cooks, accountants, medical doctors, nurse or recruiters - who may play only a passive support role. But all of them have the same ultimate goal, i.e. to defeat the enemy. Similarly, there are many ways to support "jihad", besides personal violence. The so-called "moderate", peaceful Muslims we know are playing this passive support role and their overarching goal is to conquer the world for Islam by wiping out the infidels and their civilizations.

Regards

John

Return to “General Philosophy”

2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters

Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
by Howard Wolk
July 2024

Quest: Finding Freddie: Reflections from the Other Side

Quest: Finding Freddie: Reflections from the Other Side
by Thomas Richard Spradlin
June 2024

Neither Safe Nor Effective

Neither Safe Nor Effective
by Dr. Colleen Huber
May 2024

Now or Never

Now or Never
by Mary Wasche
April 2024

Meditations

Meditations
by Marcus Aurelius
March 2024

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

The In-Between: Life in the Micro

The In-Between: Life in the Micro
by Christian Espinosa
January 2024

2023 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream