Changes in society correlated with the rise of women's rights

Use this philosophy forum to discuss and debate general philosophy topics that don't fit into one of the other categories.

This forum is NOT for factual, informational or scientific questions about philosophy (e.g. "What year was Socrates born?"). Those kind of questions can be asked in the off-topic section.
Dachshund

Re: Changes in society correlated with the rise of women's rights

Post by Dachshund »

Greta wrote: January 21st, 2018, 5:13 pm Steve, as with religion, it's the push back of dying, cornered animal. All women need do is be cautious about the teeth as it thrashes, but in time it will simply become redundant.

Dachshund appears to be unwilling to reveal his group affiliations. I'm guessing it's the National Front because and they release information similar to John's reference material.
I am not a member of any political party. I am not a member of any reactionary, extreme right-wing, white nationalist, white supremacist or fascist organization of any kind full stop. My only affiliation is to the TRUTH.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

The destruction of everything is entirely the fault of demon woman!

Yes, the west is still a long way from catching up with the world's leading patriarchies - Afghanistan, Congo, Pakistan, Nepal, Iraq, Guatemala, Mali, Saudi Arabia and Somalia.

Australia is already in danger of following failed feminist states like Iceland, Norway, Canada, Sweden and Switzerland. May the god of misogyny save us from such a dreadful fate!
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Dachshund wrote: January 21st, 2018, 6:42 pm
Greta wrote: January 21st, 2018, 5:13 pm Steve, as with religion, it's the push back of dying, cornered animal. All women need do is be cautious about the teeth as it thrashes, but in time it will simply become redundant.

Dachshund appears to be unwilling to reveal his group affiliations. I'm guessing it's the National Front because and they release information similar to John's reference material.
I am not a member of any political party. I am not a member of any reactionary, extreme right-wing, white nationalist, white supremacist or fascist organization of any kind full stop. My only affiliation is to the TRUTH.
Why aren't you affiliated with the National Front? Where do you differ with them on matters of policy?
Burning ghost

Post by Burning ghost »

Who cares what groups Sausage Dog cares about. If he's against Marxism so vehemently I doubt he adheres to any particular group. What is more insisting on painting his words with group X or Y (or KKK) don't really do much to offer up argument against his words do they? If you wish to stop such horrible groups it doesn't make sense to disagree with what they say on principle. If you think about it such groups come into existence because they must resonant on some level with certain problems in society - granted the arguments may be flawed, but to assume they are ALL flawed is naïve.

Dlaw asked for examples of violence and they were given. You could, in defense of those comments, perhaps question the context of those comments, but I think they seem to express a pretty damning message.

Sausage Dog -

I don't see anything inherently wrong about 'feminism'. I think there are good feminists out there and it is just a shame the radical fringes of every movement are the ones who are more readily reported about and given air time. I don't think we're **** either, because people are sensible one on one and enough people with strong individuation will strike back and destroy these kind of headless machinations - the power of the individual is vastly underestimated.

In light of what I've said to Dlaw I'd be interested to hear what you find GOOD about feminism, or at least what argumentation you could put forward on the behalf of non-radical feminism?
AKA badgerjelly
Dachshund

Post by Dachshund »

Greta wrote: January 21st, 2018, 6:42 pm The destruction of everything is entirely the fault of demon woman!

Yes, the west is still a long way from catching up with the world's leading patriarchies - Afghanistan, Congo, Pakistan, Nepal, Iraq, Guatemala, Mali, Saudi Arabia and Somalia.

Australia is already in danger of following failed feminist states like Iceland, Norway, Canada, Sweden and Switzerland. May the god of misogyny save us from such a dreadful fate!
The Western Europid patriarchal tradition is a completely different ball of cultural and civilizational wax to , say the Congolese patriarcy or the Australoid patriarchy that exists among native Australian aboriginals and blacks in Papua New Guinea. In the case of the sub-saharan black African States like Somalia or the Congo or indiginous Australia we DO observe a patriarchal ordering of the family and broader society, but the males who preside over these patriarchies have, on average very low IQs, hence the culture overall remains very primitive and barbaric Take, for example, the average IQ of the native , "full blood" Australian male aboriginal. It has been repeatedly measured at about 62 points based on performance on standardized IQ tests ( designed to measure g-factor/cognitive capacity),and this is, with the exception of the pygmy race in the Congo and the African Bushmen of the Kalihari the lowest average IQ of any racial/ethnic group in the entire world. In the US, UK and Australia, BTW, the average IQ of the white Europid populations stands at somewhere around 100 ( or maybe a little above), just to give you a rough idea of how dramatic is the disparity in average intelligences we are talking about. Racial dark-skinned Arabs in the nations of the Middle East, likewise have average IQs substantially below that of the West's white Europid populations.

This is why Black sub-saharan and Australian aboriginal patriarchies, for instance, have never managed to cultivate the kind of sophisticated and refined culture that we see manifested, in particular, in the splendid and majestic artistic and intellectual achievements of Western civilization over the past 400 years. The fact that when Cook arrived with the British colonisers on the English convict hulks in Australia in the late 18th century he and and his British countrymen soon found the local aboriginal inhabitants to be a primitive, stone-age, hunter- gather race of extremely limited intelligence. In terms of art they had not progressed beyond the stage of executing crude dot-paintings or the scratching of rude stick-men and animal figures upon rocks. In terms of cognitive capacity, the early British anthropologists who subsequently arrived in Australia in the late 18th/early 19th centuries discovered that the Aboriginal groupings they studied had no word in their language for "thumb" or the number "3" and so on.

So, yes, while it is true societal structure of native Australian aboriginals was strongly patriarchal - in fact totally and brutally male dominated ( and, indeed remains so to this day in Australia, where despite the best efforts of over 40 years of white governments' earnest attempts to implement civilizing educational,life-skill,s behaviour management etc; type programs to remediate it, male domestic violence in Aboriginal communities/families remains rampant and presents a serious ,endemic, and seemingly intractable social problem) the aboriginal patriarchy bears no shred of cultural/civilizational resemblance the traditional White Europid Western patriarchy and the highly advanced human achievements of the later in the arts , philosophy, mathematics, politics, sciences and so on that have - for centuries to date been the hallmarks of its objective cultural superiority.

Likewise, in the case of the patriarchal black Australoid tribes of Papua New Guinea - (where until relatively recently , I must remind you, cannibalism was a common practice in places like Borneo ; and ,where, I can assure you from personal experience, the capital Port Moresby is ,to this day, a violent and exceedingly dangerous place for any self-respecting white man to be strolling about about after sunset ( unless, that is , he is carrying an "elephant gun" for his own security or is accompanied by some kind of armed body guard !) we cannot seriously place the traditional white Western patriarchy in the same social/cultural basket. Likewise again, as for the patriarchy as it exists and prevails in the context of those Arabic races who practice the religion of Islam in the middle eastern States like Iran, Iraq, Yemen and Syria, etc, the same applies; namely, we are taking, first and foremost, about an ignorant, unenlightened regressive, rude, primitive, and barbaric racial culture ( which according to modern scientists conducting research in the fields of cognitive evolution and etology, for example, is largely a consequence, again, of relatively low average IQ) which although it happens to be patriarchal, bears no legitimate ,qualitative resemblance at all to the white Europid Western patriarchal cultures/civilizations of modernity.

So don't talk nonsense to this forum about classifying traditional white EuropidWestern patriarchy under the same category heading of "patriarchy" as it exists and is practiced in these third ( sorry "developing" - must remember to be PC at all times !) world societies, or among the culturally retarded , primitive populations of native North American Indians or aboriginals currently living in advanced industrial (and predominantly white) contemporary Western societies like Australia and the United States.

Interesting , BTW,what you say about Australia being in danger of becoming a feminist State. Do you think that Malcolm Turnbull and Bill Shorten might closet poofters? Stone the farkin' crows, Greta, are you "fair dinkum" girlie, or just extracting the proverbial urine??!!

Regards

Dachshund ( grrrl, grrrl , woof, woof !!)
Dachshund

Post by Dachshund »

Burning ghost wrote: January 21st, 2018, 8:41 pm

Who cares what groups Sausage Dog cares about. If he's against Marxism so vehemently I doubt he adheres to any particular group. What is more insisting on painting his words with group X or Y (or KKK) don't really do much to offer up argument against his words do they? If you wish to stop such horrible groups it doesn't make sense to disagree with what they say on principle. If you think about it such groups come into existence because they must resonant on some level with certain problems in society - granted the arguments may be flawed, but to assume they are ALL flawed is naïve.

Dlaw asked for examples of violence and they were given. You could, in defense of those comments, perhaps question the context of those comments, but I think they seem to express a pretty damning message.

Sausage Dog -

Thank you BG, I totally agree. Let's hear what that preposterous Pollyanna -Poppinjay, Dlaw, has to say in defense of his egregious thesis of feminist non- violence and its universally "progressive", prosocial track record in the West over the past 50 years. I'll wager you London to a brick, that if , he can muster the "intellectual"muscle to reply, it will be will be in the form a gratuitous, petty, one -line personal insult of some kind !

Regards

Dachshund (the sausage dog who speaks the truth, the pure truth and nothing but the truth WOOF WOOF!!!)
Dachshund

Post by Dachshund »

Some kind of substantial rebuttal from Greta would be equally welcome as well, though I won't hold my breath. She whupped good and she bloody well knows it !
Dachshund

Post by Dachshund »

PS: here's an appropriate link for you, Greta. Check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_QLzthSkfM

Regards

Dachshund
Burning ghost

Post by Burning ghost »

Sausage Dog -

And a reply to my question would be equally welcome. You said you'd answer my questions if I pointed them out ... I frankly don't see why I would be asked to point out my questions again and again though. They are there to answer ... look back over the posts (including the last one for starters) and answer if you can.

I think it is incorrect to paint Greta the same colour as Dlaw. Greta has IMO been mostly rational rather than emotional. Given your jibes from time to time you obviously wish to cause some disruption in order to get people to speak up - I do the same, but your not heling yourself if you wish to purposefully antagonize Greta. All you'll do is polarize the discussion (which may be your intent), and you're even slightly guilty of conflating the term "violence" in a particularly radically leftist way by helping along the perverse idea of nasty words as being always indicative of violent acts.

It is fun watching the rhetorical fencing every now and again, but sometimes I just wish we could move beyond it rather than reciprocating the needless insinuations and enflaming the attacks to nothing more than peacock strutting.

We're all idiots. How about we agree we're all idiots and try and figure out precisely how idiotic we are for ourselves rather than pointing out everyone else's seemingly irredeemable biases.

To repeat ... what POSITIVE things can you say about the so called "feminist movement"? My biggest issue with feminism, in general, is something Bjork said many years ago. She said she was tired of seeing women having to act like men to get into positions of influence, and that she didn't think doing so was "feminist." She viewed, and I believe correctly, that women have their own power of influence and that for all women to try to compete with men as if they were men was ridiculous; and it is.

Let us also note that "masculine" doesn't mean "male" and "feminine" doesn't mean "female." They are simply terms used to distinguish certain qualities of personality, and it is easy to conflate these terms with each other because they do tend to lean more toward one sex than the other.
AKA badgerjelly
Dlaw

Post by Dlaw »

Dachshund wrote: January 19th, 2018, 4:23 pm Charles Murray and Richard Herrnstein published the results of their research into differences between the average intelligence of white Americans and black African-Americans in a book called "The Bell Curve". In the "Bell Curve" copious evidence was presented by the authors
Dachshund
There is no recognized genetic term "Europid". It's one of those things that's not even false. The term is used in anthropology to categorize skulls and skeletons from early Homo sapiens societies. It has little or no genetic truth to it.

This is why "The Bell Curve" was a nonsense. Murray purported to show a correlation between intelligence and genetic differences without characterizing the genetic differences. The idea that African-Americans and European-Americans are genetically distinct is ridiculous. There's tremendous genetic overlap between these more-or-less arbitrary groupings of people.

With thousands and thousands of alleles now identified, perhaps Dachsund can point to which ones and how many of them are required to make a "race".

It's silly.

You can be all the racist you want, just don't expect anyone to take what you say seriously.
Dlaw

Post by Dlaw »

In terms of the "violence" that feminism supposedly engenders, I agreed - without reservation - that feminism has undermined marriage. There's just no question about it. But when we look at the actual numbers, violent crime continues to drop and new family structures are growing up that are actually more like the extended family relationships humans have lived in for most of their history.

It's interesting that Dachsund doesn't see the contradiction between his point about academic achievement and social factors and his love of "The Bell Curve".

Feminists make a simple point: men have been using violence and oppression to dominate women for centuries and it's going to take some time and a lot of conscious effort to get away from those destructive norms.

Why don't we compare crime rates and divorce rates on a country-by-country basis.
Burning ghost

Post by Burning ghost »

Dlaw -

We? Why don't you? Go ahead and then show me that it correlates more closely than income disparity. I see how divorce rates have had any serious effect on any social changes personally. As a political vehicles it has likely been a convenient agenda to adhere to in order to push this or that popular vote.

On the other hand there is data out there that shows that, over all, a child is better of with two parents rather than one. Whether they are divorced or not it doesn't matter much, what matters is children having both a male and female parental figure in their lives - of course some amazing single parents manage to figure out a way around such problems, but let's not pretend this is by any means as easy task or even an achievable task for most single parents struggling to survive.

You've already stated that women don't have a big influence ... I am still wondering when anyone is going to be willing to discuss WWII and the role women begin to play in the labour force, or prior to this in the industrial revolution? I would be curious to here more about the industrial revolution because I don't know much about the role women played in that period of human history - I would've thought the replacement of brute manpower by machinery may have played an important role in putting more women into the workforce?
AKA badgerjelly
Dlaw

Post by Dlaw »

Burning ghost wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 3:00 am Dlaw -

We? Why don't you? Go ahead and then show me that it correlates more closely than income disparity. I see how divorce rates have had any serious effect on any social changes personally. As a political vehicles it has likely been a convenient agenda to adhere to in order to push this or that popular vote.

On the other hand there is data out there that shows that, over all, a child is better of with two parents rather than one. Whether they are divorced or not it doesn't matter much, what matters is children having both a male and female parental figure in their lives - of course some amazing single parents manage to figure out a way around such problems, but let's not pretend this is by any means as easy task or even an achievable task for most single parents struggling to survive.

You've already stated that women don't have a big influence ... I am still wondering when anyone is going to be willing to discuss WWII and the role women begin to play in the labour force, or prior to this in the industrial revolution? I would be curious to here more about the industrial revolution because I don't know much about the role women played in that period of human history - I would've thought the replacement of brute manpower by machinery may have played an important role in putting more women into the workforce?
I think the phrase "putting more women into the workforce" is kind of funny in and of itself. When haven't women worked? And its not the strength of men that differentiated their work, it was the danger of the environment they worked in. There are a lot of job sites where you just can't have kids around, obviously. There's very little work that women haven't done.

If you're responsible for the little kids, you can't bring them down in the coal mine with you. Of course men COULD bring their kids to work, but they don't.

Here's an interesting stat for you: among unemployed people, 40-some percent of females are involved in full-time childcare, 5% of males. Now the last time I looked, it took exactly one man and one woman to produce a child and yet 95% of men who DON'T work also don't take care of kids. Maybe when that number gets a little more equal we can talk about how terrible feminism is and how it does blah blah blah blah.
Burning ghost

Post by Burning ghost »

Dlaw -

I done. I am going to block you now. Bye.
AKA badgerjelly
Dachshund

Post by Dachshund »

BG,

I love winding up Greta - it's great sport ! But you're right, perhaps I shouldn't be so childish. I'll try to restrain myself in future.

Dachshund

Return to “General Philosophy”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream