Why Homosexuality is Abnormal but Not Morally Wrong

Use this philosophy forum to discuss and debate general philosophy topics that don't fit into one of the other categories.

This forum is NOT for factual, informational or scientific questions about philosophy (e.g. "What year was Socrates born?"). Those kind of questions can be asked in the off-topic section.
Steve3007

Re: Why Homosexuality is Abnormal but Not Morally Wrong

Post by Steve3007 »

I didn't want to come into work today. I wanted to play in the snow. But the group I work with came in, and that influenced my choice.
Eduk
Favorite Philosopher: Socrates

Post by Eduk »

Oh dear and I used to think you a good person Steve.
Unknown means unknown.
Namelesss

Post by Namelesss »

Monky11 wrote: February 20th, 2018, 9:37 am Why Homosexuality is Abnormal
Talk about abject ignorance!
Thank you for displaying such ignorance so I can crap on it.
'Homosexuality is found in many species. Is COMPLETELY "normal" (even for hateful closet cases such as yourself)!
I guess that they didn't go to your ignorant, hateful church!
but Not Morally Wrong
Your judgmental 'morality' is the sin of Pride!
Go figure!

From a religious Perspective (and a dictionary), 'morality' is judging people/stuff as 'good' or 'bad/evil'!

This is exact manifestation of the stolen Fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil (Sin of Pride/judgment) in the Garden!

As a Xtian (or any other religion), we are warned against 'judging' others;
"Judge not lest you be judged!"
Such judgment (good/evil) is the sin of 'pride'!
'Pride' is the only sin (from which all others spring), yet the hypocrites flaunt their practices, joyfully, proudly, in the face of their god!

You are told that;
"If you judge, judge with righteous judgment!"
Yet goes on to say that;
"None are righteous, no not one!"

Take your ignorant hate elsewhere, back to the conservatives, back to the Republikkkans, back to your Trumpsky!
Pffft!
QuarterMaster69
New Trial Member

Post by QuarterMaster69 »

Homosexuality to a heterosexual is abnormal in the sense that you can't see yourself performing homosexual acts (and find it objectionable) if you are heterosexual. Statistically, homosexuality is abnormal but statistics has nothing to say about morality.

Homosexuality is adaptation which is normal for evolution is what drives organisms. You may say that homosexuality is abnormal but thrown in jail for the rest of your life you may start to see things differently and allow yourself to copulate with another man.
Namelesss

Post by Namelesss »

QuarterMaster69 wrote: March 7th, 2018, 10:14 am Homosexuality to a heterosexual is abnormal in the sense that you can't see yourself performing homosexual acts (and find it objectionable) if you are heterosexual.
Only to an judgmental insecure closeted 'hetero'!
Like Buddhism is 'abnormal' to the average ignorant pseudo-Xtian?
The individual ignorant judgmental feelings of what is 'normal' or not, is irrelevant!
Normal is what is!
Statistically, homosexuality is abnormal
Nonsense! Homosex is practiced among almost all mammals. Statistically, it is a valid part of the sexuality spectrum!
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Namelesss wrote: March 7th, 2018, 9:07 pm
QuarterMaster69 wrote: March 7th, 2018, 10:14 am Homosexuality to a heterosexual is abnormal in the sense that you can't see yourself performing homosexual acts (and find it objectionable) if you are heterosexual.
Only to an judgmental insecure closeted 'hetero'!
:lol: I generally agree with your objections although many are probably not closeted but simply impacted by the power of the ridiculous and irrational stigma around homosexuality, especially for men.

I do suspect that those who are unfamiliar with gays think about heterosexual relationships in terms of romance but gay relationships in terms of sexual mechanics. In the minds of many, gay people spend their lives muff munching and bottom penetrating. Like a chess player who cannot think even one move ahead, critics have not gone the next step and imagined what makes people want to have relationships with other people.

Due to individual physical differences, some people gain weight if they eat chocolate but can eat any amount of bread without gaining weight. For others, chocolate doesn't add fat for them but bread does (I saw this in an experiment on Dr Michael Moseley's Trust Me, I'm a Doctor - quite remarkable). By the same token, some people will find their bliss with those of the same gender rather than the opposite and, as noted above, homosexual behaviours are a natural variant found in numerous other species too.

Also note that some seem to be using the word "abnormal" in terms of pure statistics without sensitivity to the word's pejorative semantics.
Frost

Post by Frost »

QuarterMaster69 wrote: March 7th, 2018, 10:14 am Homosexuality is adaptation which is normal for evolution is what drives organisms.
I know I have heard evolutionary biologists claim this, but since I am not familiar with the matter, what evidence is there to support such a claim?

To me it seems more likely that homosexuality is a bit of a developmental disorder, which in and of itself has little moral import. However, the pushing of the homosexual "lifestyle" and agenda, along with lewd public displays like many of their "pride parades" is immoral. But in and of itself, if someone has homosexual tendencies or is outright homosexual as a result of genes, prenatal hormone concentrations, and certain chemicals perhaps such as xenoestrogens which may alter brain structure and development, this seems about as immoral as having crooked teeth from nutritional insufficiency.
Eduk

Post by Eduk »

What is the difference between heterosexual lewd displays such as hooters and homosexual lewd displays such as whichever parade you are thinking of? Would you feel it reasonable if I accused you of pushing your heterosexual agenda?
Unknown means unknown.
Frost

Post by Frost »

Eduk wrote: March 10th, 2018, 8:40 pm What is the difference between heterosexual lewd displays such as hooters and homosexual lewd displays such as whichever parade you are thinking of? Would you feel it reasonable if I accused you of pushing your heterosexual agenda?
Public heterosexual lewd displays are also immoral. Hooters is a restaurant that a person can voluntarily enter, which adults should not do with children. The lewd pride parades are out in public for all to see.

What are you claiming the "heterosexual agenda" is?
Eduk

Post by Eduk »

How about lewd displays of heterosexuals in bars, clubs, beaches, walking down the street?

My point about the heterosexual agenda was to make you consider if all heterosexuals can be grouped sensibly into having a single agenda?
Unknown means unknown.
Frost

Post by Frost »

Eduk wrote: March 10th, 2018, 8:58 pm How about lewd displays of heterosexuals in bars, clubs, beaches, walking down the street?

My point about the heterosexual agenda was to make you consider if all heterosexuals can be grouped sensibly into having a single agenda?
Lewd conduct in private bars and clubs is up to the owner, although I may not care to see it or think it inappropriate. The beach and walking down the street is public and lewd conduct is not permitted. The point is, with the gay pride parades they literally parade lewd conduct for all to see. That is immoral. It's not a bunch of well-dressed well-mannered homosexuals walking down the street, but rather scantily clad, lewd costumes, and other lewd conduct that apparently is what constitutes being "proud" to be homosexual. Perhaps they do not understand that this alienates people and gives them a bad name. Many homosexuals do think this, too.

No, hetereosexuals cannot all be grouped together as having a single agenda. Not all homosexuals can be grouped as having a "gay agenda," but it does exist. But heterosexual people that do not think lewd conduct is appropriate or that it is okay to attempt to normalize homosexuality to normal children that are young and impressionable cannot be considered as having an "agenda;" they are protecting the well-being of their children and society.
Eduk

Post by Eduk »

Frost, I for one would not wish to shield my child from you because I think it is important that they learn to deal with the world as it is with the highest degree of autonomy. It is a bit like writing down morals as a list for them to follow versus making actual decisions based off of morals.
I am somewhat fortunate. If I was gay and you called me a threat to your children, immoral, abnormal, or at best physically damaged due to some deficit, then I would worry more about you than about me. Of course if I somehow needed you for some important function then you would scare me and dealing with you would be troubling. Luckily for me it is very unlikely I will ever need you for an important function.
But i would say that if no one is an island there are still people more island like than others and I suspect I am towards the island side. Others would not take your multitude of homophobia so well. They would trust some of what you say. They would doubt some of what they believe. Possibly in quite harmful manners. I don't know they might even react after a lifetime of being trod upon and dress up in the most outrageous manner they can think of and declare themselves proud (in my opinion a pointless declaration).
It is interesting to me that you, in part, create the situation you claim to be immoral.
Unknown means unknown.
Frost

Post by Frost »

Eduk wrote: March 12th, 2018, 4:33 am Frost, I for one would not wish to shield my child from you because I think it is important that they learn to deal with the world as it is with the highest degree of autonomy. It is a bit like writing down morals as a list for them to follow versus making actual decisions based off of morals.
I am somewhat fortunate. If I was gay and you called me a threat to your children, immoral, abnormal, or at best physically damaged due to some deficit, then I would worry more about you than about me. Of course if I somehow needed you for some important function then you would scare me and dealing with you would be troubling. Luckily for me it is very unlikely I will ever need you for an important function.
But i would say that if no one is an island there are still people more island like than others and I suspect I am towards the island side. Others would not take your multitude of homophobia so well. They would trust some of what you say. They would doubt some of what they believe. Possibly in quite harmful manners. I don't know they might even react after a lifetime of being trod upon and dress up in the most outrageous manner they can think of and declare themselves proud (in my opinion a pointless declaration).
It is interesting to me that you, in part, create the situation you claim to be immoral.
This sort of attitude is only to harm the acceptance of homosexuality. If I am a “homophobe” because I think lewd public activity is immoral and that it is healthy for a child to be heterosexual, then you are courting hostile reaction and creating division where none is necessary.
Eduk

Post by Eduk »

Frost you said many homophobic things.

homosexuality is a bit of a developmental disorder,
However, the pushing of the homosexual "lifestyle" and agenda, along with lewd public displays like many of their "pride parades" is immoral.
this seems about as immoral as having crooked teeth from nutritional insufficiency
Not all homosexuals can be grouped as having a "gay agenda," but it does exist.
is appropriate or that it is okay to attempt to normalize homosexuality to normal children that are young and impressionable cannot be considered as having an "agenda;" they are protecting the well-being of their children and society.

If you don't see that then clearly a reaction is indeed necessary.
Unknown means unknown.
Frost

Post by Frost »

Eduk wrote: March 12th, 2018, 1:36 pm Frost you said many homophobic things.

homosexuality is a bit of a developmental disorder,
However, the pushing of the homosexual "lifestyle" and agenda, along with lewd public displays like many of their "pride parades" is immoral.
this seems about as immoral as having crooked teeth from nutritional insufficiency
Not all homosexuals can be grouped as having a "gay agenda," but it does exist.
is appropriate or that it is okay to attempt to normalize homosexuality to normal children that are young and impressionable cannot be considered as having an "agenda;" they are protecting the well-being of their children and society.

If you don't see that then clearly a reaction is indeed necessary.
Let’s break these down:

1. Homosexuality is a bit of a developmental disorder.

It’s pretty obvious that normal, healthy development is heterosexual. That is a simple biological observation that has nothing to do with “homophobia.”

2. the pushing of the homosexual "lifestyle" and agenda, along with lewd public displays like many of their "pride parades" is immoral.

How is saying that lewd public displays are immoral in any way homophobic? That is just common decency. Pushing a lifestyle or agenda on other people is not acceptable. Do homosexuals like it when conservative Christians push their lifestyle on them? What is “homophobic” about not wanting people to push their lifestyle or agenda on others?

3. this seems about as immoral as having crooked teeth from nutritional insufficiency

So saying that in and of itself homosexuality is not immoral is considered “homophobic”?

4. Not all homosexuals can be grouped as having a "gay agenda," but it does exist.

Saying not all homosexuals have a “gay agenda” but that it exists is “homophobic”? Did I group them all together?

5. is appropriate or that it is okay to attempt to normalize homosexuality to normal children that are young and impressionable cannot be considered as having an "agenda;" they are protecting the well-being of their children and society.

Wanting children to develop in a normal, healthy manner is now “homophobic”? It is “homophobic” to not want my child to be taught that sexual preference is a choice?

This word is apparently meaningless.

Return to “General Philosophy”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream