Human Rights- A Challenge for the Forum

Use this philosophy forum to discuss and debate general philosophy topics that don't fit into one of the other categories.

This forum is NOT for factual, informational or scientific questions about philosophy (e.g. "What year was Socrates born?"); such homework-help-style questions can be asked and answered on PhiloPedia: The Philosophy Wiki. If your question is not already answered on the appropriate PhiloPedia page, then see How to Request Content on PhiloPedia to see how to ask your informational question using the wiki.
Eduk
Favorite Philosopher: Socrates

Re: Human Rights- A Challenge for the Forum

Post by Eduk » May 11th, 2018, 5:32 am

Thank you for the confirmation.

ThomasHobbes

Post by ThomasHobbes » May 11th, 2018, 6:12 am

Eduk wrote:
May 10th, 2018, 5:53 pm
So just to be clear. All criticism of any Labour party member is laughable and massively exaggerated, for presumably nefarious means. But all criticism of the conservative party is 100% accurate and buried, also presumably for nefarious reasons.
Do you have any idea how your points make you sound?
I have no problem with that and fully expect people who read and absorb new uncritically to swallow all they are fed.
I offered you facts.
As I live in E Sussex and work in W Sussex most of the people around me are traditional Tories, but most of them are totally fed up even exasperated by the obsessiveness with which the Media especially the BBC have been banging on about "antisemitism" in the Labour party.
The establishment support Israel.
Labour wants to ask questions about human rights abuses against Palestinians, about IDF random killings, putting children in cages, destruction of hospitals and then embargoing building materials and so on.
Allow me to invite you to put figure this out.
But you do not need to trust my view point. A host of academic have condemned the media, even the oh-so balanced BBC for anti Corbyn bias.

Do you think THIS is balanced?
https://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/5a ... _noupscale

Belindi

Post by Belindi » May 11th, 2018, 6:25 am

ThomasHobbes wrote:
May 10th, 2018, 5:13 pm
Eduk wrote:
May 10th, 2018, 4:58 pm
Bit of a shame about all that anti-Semitism stuff though.
LOL.
In an organisation with 500,000 there have been 75 complaints. Two have been upheld by the party HQ. TWO.
That is not an "antisemitism problem", it is a media frenzy to denigrate Jeremy Corbyn.

Jacob Rees Mogg has called Vanessa Felz a "fat Jewish slag", and called Baroness Lawrence a N**G*R, but has received no sanction from is party, the Conservatives.

Our own foreign secretary, the RT Hon Boris Johnson has used racist language on numerous occasions.
e.g
"What a relief it must be for Blair to get out of England. It is said that the Queen has come to love the Commonwealth, partly because it supplies her with regular cheering crowds of flag-waving piccaninnies," he wrote. It also mentioned "watermelon smiles".

Currently the Tories are reeling from the racist immigration policy concerning the "Windrush generation' scandal. This has involved people who having lived here all their lives being "repatriated' to places like Jamaica, and having their driving licence being seized, jobs lost, and families broken up.
I endorse !

ThomasHobbes

Post by ThomasHobbes » May 11th, 2018, 6:27 am

Belindi wrote:
May 11th, 2018, 6:25 am
ThomasHobbes wrote:
May 10th, 2018, 5:13 pm

LOL.
In an organisation with 500,000 there have been 75 complaints. Two have been upheld by the party HQ. TWO.
That is not an "antisemitism problem", it is a media frenzy to denigrate Jeremy Corbyn.

Jacob Rees Mogg has called Vanessa Felz a "fat Jewish slag", and called Baroness Lawrence a N**G*R, but has received no sanction from is party, the Conservatives.

Our own foreign secretary, the RT Hon Boris Johnson has used racist language on numerous occasions.
e.g
"What a relief it must be for Blair to get out of England. It is said that the Queen has come to love the Commonwealth, partly because it supplies her with regular cheering crowds of flag-waving piccaninnies," he wrote. It also mentioned "watermelon smiles".

Currently the Tories are reeling from the racist immigration policy concerning the "Windrush generation' scandal. This has involved people who having lived here all their lives being "repatriated' to places like Jamaica, and having their driving licence being seized, jobs lost, and families broken up.
I endorse !
Have you joined Labour?

Belindi

Post by Belindi » May 11th, 2018, 11:17 am

Thomas, you prod my conscience but I have limited energy.

Eduk
Favorite Philosopher: Socrates

Post by Eduk » May 11th, 2018, 12:43 pm

Thomas, you seem to lack any sense of proportion.
It is not the case that I am either with you or against you. I suggest re-reading what I actually wrote.

Gertie

Post by Gertie » May 11th, 2018, 5:05 pm

Belindi wrote:
May 11th, 2018, 11:17 am
Thomas, you prod my conscience but I have limited energy.
Belindi you don't have to actually do anything ;)

It's up to you if you want to attend meetings, canvass, stand or vote for positions, or anything else. You can be as involved as you choose. Personally I think someone like you could offer a lot, but it's totally up to you of course. Tho it would be a hoot if Dachshund's thread ended up recruiting for Corbyn!

All you're committing to are the monthly subs, depending on your circs https://join.labour.org.uk/ from about 2 quid to 4 quid which you cancel any time.

Belindi

Post by Belindi » May 11th, 2018, 5:35 pm

Thanks Gertie. I will think about it tomorrow.

Maybe Dachsund 's OTT posts are an effective devil's advocate.