Is a higher level of consciousness possible?

Use this forum to discuss the philosophy of science. Philosophy of science deals with the assumptions, foundations, and implications of science.
Madera

Re: Is a higher level of consciousness possible?

Post by Madera » June 8th, 2015, 7:04 am

Barry Sears wrote:From an individuals point of view a higher level of consciousness could simply be a progressive, better educated, advancing degree of awareness of reality and or the subtle aspects of life. This could by slight or a greater awareness. This could be a revelation, an epiphany, or it could simply be understanding a simple message. This probably works in both direction for individuals, as a detachment to reality is also an option. Collectively and globally this is also operational. It is one of the major benefits of the New Perspective as the identification of the complete World body, unites countries and continents as one body. Work has begun now in the field of medical research to concentration research investigation to specific zones directly correlated to the World anatomy.
Medical research will never understand how the mind can heal or destroy the body. All they know is how to make drugs that destroy mind and. Body.

Barry Sears

Post by Barry Sears » June 8th, 2015, 7:29 am

Medical research will never understand how the mind can heal or destroy the body. All they know is how to make drugs that destroy mind and. Body.
Perhaps a little harsh!! I presume you are referring to a certain field of medicine. The New Perspective establishes the original connection traditionally considered between the different scale of spiritual bodies, but applies a contemporary global stack of knowledge to it. This is an updated connection between the structures and offers an in-site into basic influences we have with each other. Comprehending these structures and how they are connected helps understand this very basic concept.

http://www.upublish.info/Article/The-Ne ... ion/881569

Madera

Post by Madera » June 8th, 2015, 8:26 am

Barry Sears wrote:
Perhaps a little harsh!! I presume you are referring to a certain field of medicine. The New Perspective establishes the original connection traditionally considered between the different scale of spiritual bodies, but applies a contemporary global stack of knowledge to it. This is an updated connection between the structures and offers an in-site into basic influences we have with each other. Comprehending these structures and how they are connected helps understand this very basic concept.

http://www.upublish.info/Article/The-Ne ... ion/881569
Facts may seem harsh, never the less, they are still facts.

Lacewing
Contributor

Post by Lacewing » June 8th, 2015, 2:04 pm

Madera wrote: Facts may seem harsh, never the less, they are still facts.
Who determines what is fact? Your own viewpoint? :D

Madera

Post by Madera » June 8th, 2015, 2:21 pm

Look at the kids on drugs and see for yourself.

Lacewing
Contributor

Post by Lacewing » June 8th, 2015, 4:09 pm

Madera wrote: Facts may seem harsh, never the less, they are still facts.
Lacewing wrote: Who determines what is fact? Your own viewpoint?
Madera wrote:Look at the kids on drugs and see for yourself.
Oh, is that ALL there is to it?? If I look at this and consider it "correctly", then I surely will think/conclude as you do? And that's what makes it a FACT. :lol:

Surely the world is bigger and has more depths and truths than those of any individual (and their harsh facts). Wouldn't that make more sense?

Madera

Post by Madera » June 8th, 2015, 7:28 pm

No, every child counts.

Barry Sears

Post by Barry Sears » June 8th, 2015, 8:22 pm

The brain taints consciousness.

Facts may seem harsh, never the less, they are still facts.

Look at the kids on drugs and see for yourself.
This has a very negative, depressing vibe. Where do you live? Can you make a stance and help change things, or is it a bit of a trap? It sounds like a change of scenery is required. Is this a detachment from reality and so a lower level of consciousness movement. Push for a change and positive direction, come to New Zealand!!!

Lacewing
Contributor

Post by Lacewing » June 8th, 2015, 9:17 pm

Madera wrote:No, every child counts.
Who said they don't? You act like you're disagreeing with what I said, but I don't see how your response relates. I was questioning your viewpoint as being the basis for what you call "harsh facts". There are many different ways to look at everything. That's what philosophy is, right? I've gotten the impression that you think your viewpoint/philosophy represents an ultimate reality/truth that we should all see/agree with. 8) Naturally, that's tempting to challenge!

And by the way... it may sound "nice" to say that "every child counts" -- but what about every human being of every age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or non-religion? Doesn't everyone count? Or are there rules and facts to consider?

Madera

Post by Madera » June 8th, 2015, 11:37 pm

sorry, no debate today, I am a bit under the weather.

Vijaydevani

Post by Vijaydevani » June 9th, 2015, 11:16 am

Unless you are under the influence of some hallucinogenic, N-O, No.
A little knowledge is a religious thing.

Madera

Post by Madera » June 9th, 2015, 1:18 pm

Lacewing wrote:
Madera wrote:No, every child counts.
Who said they don't? You act like you're disagreeing with what I said, but I don't see how your response relates. I was questioning your viewpoint as being the basis for what you call "harsh facts". There are many different ways to look at everything. That's what philosophy is, right? I've gotten the impression that you think your viewpoint/philosophy represents an ultimate reality/truth that we should all see/agree with. 8) Naturally, that's tempting to challenge!

And by the way... it may sound "nice" to say that "every child counts" -- but what about every human being of every age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or non-religion? Doesn't everyone count? Or are there rules and facts to consider?
Hi Lacey, Feeling better this morning, must have been the unexpected heat. Finely got my air conditioner started. I was referring to the medical profession which I have little confidence in. They treat the symptoms with drugs and not the cause. I believe the mind can keep and even make you well if it has pure thoughts. I think I resented the heat yesterday LOL Even something as small as that can cause stress and stress is a killer.

Harbal

Post by Harbal » June 9th, 2015, 3:16 pm

Madera wrote: Hi Lacey, Feeling better this morning,
Due to the purity of your thoughts, no doubt.

Madera

Post by Madera » June 9th, 2015, 3:45 pm

Harbal wrote:
Madera wrote: Hi Lacey, Feeling better this morning,
Due to the purity of your thoughts, no doubt.
Of course, I thought about you.

Harbal

Post by Harbal » June 9th, 2015, 3:50 pm

Madera wrote: Of course, I thought about you.
You mean I'm responsible for making you feel better? I can't begin to tell you how that makes me feel.