Are we still in the dark ages of medical science?

Use this forum to discuss the philosophy of science. Philosophy of science deals with the assumptions, foundations, and implications of science.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Re: Are we still in the dark ages of medical science?

Post by Sy Borg »

Greta wrote:Darwin, yes, chemicals cause disease. Bacteria (and other life) consist of, consume and excrete chemicals, some of which are toxic to humans by shutting down organ functions. Holistic health helps but it's no guarantee that a bug won't manage to invade your immune system at some time.
DarwinX wrote:Germ theory is basically incorrect in assuming that a virus comes from an external source and is not generated internally by the host. "Germs are the result of a disease and are not the cause of a disease". - Antoine Bechamp
You're talking about creating an environment in which viruses and bacteria can thrive. We ingest bacteria and viruses constantly and they will multiply in any part of the body where they can without being overcome by antibodies.

It's true that if you create a safe niche with adequate resources in your body through accident or unhealthy choices then there's a chance that a critter will try to exploit it.
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated—Gandhi.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

DarwinX wrote: Germ theory is basically incorrect in assuming that a virus comes from an external source and is not generated internally by the host. "Germs are the result of a disease and are not the cause of a disease".
If this is the case why is quarantining effective?
DarwinX
Favorite Philosopher: Stephen Hurrell

Post by DarwinX »

Harbal wrote:
DarwinX wrote: Germ theory is basically incorrect in assuming that a virus comes from an external source and is not generated internally by the host. "Germs are the result of a disease and are not the cause of a disease".
If this is the case why is quarantining effective?
Quarantining is not effective. Just because the authorities say it is effective doesn't mean that it is. Disease can only be caused by a toxic poison, lack of vitamins, eating food that is contaminated with faeces or eating rotten meat. In Africa, where there is currently a so called 'outbreak of Ebloa' - I would suggest that this is a result of poor hygiene, lack of electricity, no refrigeration of food and over-use of pesticides. If you look at some documentary footage of the area you will notice that the population lives in very primitive conditions. I would suggest that if the African population had electricity, then the disease would immediately disappear. Bats are said to be the carriers of the Ebola virus. I would suggest that the bats are contaminated with pesticides and that the natives are eating the bats which is the main cause of the problem. The authorities would never, ever admit that a pesticide is the cause of a disease because that would open the door to litigation and blame of the local authorities as being the cause and main problem. Germ theory was implemented for the purpose of protecting government and pharmaceutical companies from litigation and blame.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Beware! The devil wears the mask of a saint.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

DarwinX wrote: Quarantining is not effective. Just because the authorities say it is effective doesn't mean that it is.
And just because you say that it isn't effective doesn't mean it isn't. I don't believe the authorities are always truthful but, at least on this occasion, I'll throw my hat in with them rather than with you.
DarwinX

Post by DarwinX »

Harbal wrote:
DarwinX wrote: Quarantining is not effective. Just because the authorities say it is effective doesn't mean that it is.
And just because you say that it isn't effective doesn't mean it isn't. I don't believe the authorities are always truthful but, at least on this occasion, I'll throw my hat in with them rather than with you.
If you watch videos of doctors in Africa you will notice many inconsistencies with their protective clothing and quarantining procedures. The ambulances that they use to pick up people who are suspected of having Ebola are not protected and have no sterilization. The drivers of these vehicles wear no protective clothing and the vehicles are never washed. Whereas, the doctors in the 'hospitals' wear multi-layered protection and wash everything that they touch. They use disinfectant - this would consist of a halogen based chemical to kill the so called 'germs'. The inspection area where they assess the patients consists of a hallway which is separated with a very thin and flimsy looking plastic fence which is only about one metre in height and is perforated with holes. During the initial inspection they are wearing no protection at all except for a thin fabric face protector. Then, when they enter the hospital the people who they were inspecting without any protection suddenly become very infectious once they enter the hospital. Now that the people have been identified as being infected, they suddenly need to wear multi-layered protective clothing and goggles to protect their eyes from air-borne viruses. Lets face it. The whole procedure is just a sad joke and is just there as a futile display to justify germ theory and to protect authorities from litigation because pesticides are also made from halogens.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Beware! The devil wears the mask of a saint.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Are all doctors aware of the falsity of germ theory?
DarwinX

Post by DarwinX »

Harbal wrote:Are all doctors aware of the falsity of germ theory?
I don't know the answer to that question. Maybe they do, maybe they don't. If they want to make a good income and have a high status in society then they will keep quiet and not blow the scam. I lot of doctors see the scam during their training and switch to naturopathic medicine. But, I suspect that most doctors have tunnel vision and never see the scam and believe in the system 100 percent. The scam is maintained by the selection and training procedures. They only select the very best students who achieve a high school score above 98. This ensures that the selected students will have spent most of their spare time studying the core subjects and would have had no spare time to study peripheral subjects like natural medicine and alternate cures. Thus, the selected students will be only narrow focused students who can concentrate on a limited number of subjects and wont have a very good general knowledge. They generally only accept young students under 25 years of age. This ensures that there aren't any persons studying medicine that have a lot of life experience and general knowledge. Thus, a general base of ignorance and youth is insured by this process which then culls out any dissenters during the course of the study process. Any student that disagrees with germ theory would be culled out of the university system and given a continuing run of fail marks so they can't progress. Note - Pharmaceutical companies sponsor universities so that most of their equipment comes from this source. Therefore, the university system has an obligation to protect the pharmaceutical companies from litigation and blame should a large number of people die from chemical poisoning.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

DarwinX wrote: Any student that disagrees with germ theory would be culled out of the university system and given a continuing run of fail marks so they can't progress.
So the lecturers and university authorities are all in on the cover up. You would think that, in spite of there training, doctors would realise what was going on after they had gained a certain amount of experience. I mean, surely, they are better place than the rest of us to realise the true situation, aren't they?
DarwinX

Post by DarwinX »

Harbal wrote:
So the lecturers and university authorities are all in on the cover up. You would think that, in spite of there training, doctors would realise what was going on after they had gained a certain amount of experience. I mean, surely, they are better place than the rest of us to realise the true situation, aren't they?
Its like religion. A lot of people go to church but don't really believe in God. Its all about the survival benefits outweighing the honesty. Doctors are the same. They have been brainwashed by the system since birth which told them as children that germs float in the air. The contagious nature of disease is a scam. The word 'contagious' needs to be deleted from the English language because no such thing exists. Doctors get high status and good pay, so who is going to blow the whistle? Any doctor that doesn't fulfil their quota of referrals to pharmaceutical or surgical solutions will be investigated by the system. This stops doctors from offering naturopathic solutions to medical problems.
Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
The admin formerly known as Scott
Favorite Philosopher: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes »

DarwinX wrote:
Harbal wrote:
Its like religion. A lot of people go to church but don't really believe in God. Its all about the survival benefits outweighing the honesty. Doctors are the same. They have been brainwashed by the system since birth which told them as children that germs float in the air. The contagious nature of disease is a scam. The word 'contagious' needs to be deleted from the English language because no such thing exists. Doctors get high status and good pay, so who is going to blow the whistle? Any doctor that doesn't fulfil their quota of referrals to pharmaceutical or surgical solutions will be investigated by the system. This stops doctors from offering naturopathic solutions to medical problems.
Without evidence, that is nothing but a wild ridiculous conspiracy theory. In other words, it's just a bunch of ipse dixit. Like religion indeed.
My entire political philosophy summed up in one tweet.

"The mind is a wonderful servant but a terrible master."

I believe spiritual freedom (a.k.a. self-discipline) manifests as bravery, confidence, grace, honesty, love, and inner peace.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

DarwinX wrote: Its like religion. A lot of people go to church but don't really believe in God. Its all about the survival benefits outweighing the honesty. Doctors are the same. They have been brainwashed by the system since birth which told them as children that germs float in the air. The contagious nature of disease is a scam. The word 'contagious' needs to be deleted from the English language because no such thing exists. Doctors get high status and good pay, so who is going to blow the whistle? Any doctor that doesn't fulfil their quota of referrals to pharmaceutical or surgical solutions will be investigated by the system. This stops doctors from offering naturopathic solutions to medical problems.
That's an awful lot of people to be involved in a deception. It seems unrealistic to think that there aren't enough doctors and nurses with sufficient moral integrity to give the game away. I agree that it's like religion but it's you that is displaying the traits of it. The nature of your assertions is very similar to that of a born again Christian, it's just the content that's different. If you want to unmask a conspiracy why don't you look into the motives of the people who have peddled you all this rubbish.

-- Updated March 15th, 2015, 9:29 am to add the following --
Scott wrote: it's just a bunch of ipse dixit.
You can say that again, it's full of the stuff.
LuckyR

Post by LuckyR »

So the dramatic increase in life expectancy since the Germ theory was made up was the result of luck? Cool...
"As usual... it depends."
Littleendian
Favorite Philosopher: Buckethead

Post by Littleendian »

DarwinX wrote:What other medical mistakes have been made in the last 200 years and are still practised to this very day?
I see the problem much less with medical science per se as with the conflict of interest any medical professional has today. It's really well summed up in this sentence, not sure who said it first: "A patient cured is a customer lost". There is a major problem with how the health care system works today, which is why I think a certain suspiciousness towards anyone wanting to tell you what's good for you is in order... that said I am not a fan of conspiracy theories, believe it or not :wink:
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Littleendian wrote:It's really well summed up in this sentence, not sure who said it first: "A patient cured is a customer lost".:
That may be true in the US but in The UK a patient cured is that much less burden on the National Health Service.
LuckyR

Post by LuckyR »

Littleendian wrote:
DarwinX wrote:What other medical mistakes have been made in the last 200 years and are still practised to this very day?
I see the problem much less with medical science per se as with the conflict of interest any medical professional has today. It's really well summed up in this sentence, not sure who said it first: "A patient cured is a customer lost". There is a major problem with how the health care system works today, which is why I think a certain suspiciousness towards anyone wanting to tell you what's good for you is in order... that said I am not a fan of conspiracy theories, believe it or not :wink:
Well, the majority of specialties treat and cure patients every day and they are happy to "lose" the patient forever. The above quote supposes that paying "customers" with problems to solve are in short supply, not so much.

Primary care folks rarely treat problems that are cured, usually they are controlled.
"As usual... it depends."

Return to “Philosophy of Science”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream