The unified field theory busted

Use this forum to discuss the philosophy of science. Philosophy of science deals with the assumptions, foundations, and implications of science.
DarwinX
Favorite Philosopher: Stephen Hurrell

The unified field theory busted

Post by DarwinX »

I have come up with a solution to this century old problem. For the last 100 years scientists have been busting their brains trying to unite gravity with light and matter into one formula. They haven't been able to achieve anything much in this respect because they have made one fundamental error. The main error is that science has created a forbidden zone which is known as 'aether mechanics'. It was decided by Einstein and others that aether is non-existent and they had some primitive experiments to prove it, so that was that, into the rubbish bin go the aether. Any scientist who wishes to investigate aether will be shunned by the scientific community because it is thought to be a redundant and unfashionable subject which has absolutely no prospects of yielding anything productive. Unfortunately, aether is really the only means by which all the elements of the universe can be connected in any meaningful way. I recognised this many years ago and have being trying to figure out how the jigsaw puzzle fits together ever since. I had a recent break-through when I realized that everything in the universe spins. I suspected that the spinning nature of the universe had something to do with the solution to this puzzle. Then, I had a brainstorm of an idea, which involves spin itself, as being the creator of matter. When I thought of this, all the pieces of the puzzle quickly came together. Now, light, gravity and matter were all related in a way that had never been thought of previously. I had found the missing link, aether and spin create matter.

Now light can be explained in terms of both a wave and a particle. As light travels through the aether it spins the aether which temporarily creates particles as it goes. This explains the duality of light. We can now dispense with all those illogical concepts that we have had to endure for the last 100 years. Out goes photons; gravity as a pulling force; magnetic and gravity fields don't exist, quantum mechanics is no more, bye, bye - all into the rubbish bin they go!

Now - the universe is once again a logical place where magical forces have no place.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Beware! The devil wears the mask of a saint.
Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
The admin formerly known as Scott
Favorite Philosopher: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Re: The unified field theory busted

Post by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes »

Providing an explanation without using the scientific method or a similar empirically based, testable methodology is the realm of religion. The above is basically a religious exercise.

If it was scientific, it would make testable predictions and thus be testable with experiments. The experiments would then either disprove it or validate it.
My entire political philosophy summed up in one tweet.

"The mind is a wonderful servant but a terrible master."

I believe spiritual freedom (a.k.a. self-discipline) manifests as bravery, confidence, grace, honesty, love, and inner peace.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Is the aether any different to space being a vast sea of quantum particles?
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated—Gandhi.
DarwinX
Favorite Philosopher: Stephen Hurrell

Post by DarwinX »

Greta wrote:Is the aether any different to space being a vast sea of quantum particles?
Mainstream physicists are too embarrassed to say the word aether. They have made up a whole bag of alternative words which says aether without having to say the actual word 'aether'. Aether is a dirty word in physics and it must be avoided at all costs. Alternative words that can be used are - - quantum particles, Higg's boson, virtual photons, space-time continuum, dark matter, quantum space, dark energy, Plank's constant, electron neutrino, muon neutrino and last but not least the tau neutrino.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Beware! The devil wears the mask of a saint.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

DarwinX wrote: Mainstream physicists are too embarrassed to say the word aether.
Yet you don't seem to be embarrassed about anything you say. It certainly is a topsy turvy world.
Atreyu
Favorite Philosopher: P.D. Ouspensky

Post by Atreyu »

I agree with Scott.

The hypothesis you have proposed seems to be testable.
TimBandTech
Favorite Philosopher: Kant

Post by TimBandTech »

When I was younger I had a similar intuition: that rotation was somehow key to physics and to a new physics theory. Still you've not extended beyond that sliver of a thought. Well maybe there is something to be exposed here about rotations or spins that is of importance. Rather than considering local spin I think it is worthwhile to consider rotation of a more universal form; rotation of the universe or of a galaxy. Because the matter about us is similarly accelerated there is no ability to detect such rotations locally. This is likewise true of the Earth's rotation. So just how violent could such rotational forces be? While we are used to thinking in stable terms we may as well consider that if we exist in a shaker like the little glass globe with a winter scene in it with snow flakes in a liquid... would we feel a thing when that globe is shaken? I believe the answer is no. I've drifted a little bit away from rotation and into translation here, but then the math of the matter is exposed by bridging there, for rotation does in fact involve translation, though the two are often treated as orthogonal qualities.

Entering the mathematical realm, which the terms are obviously sending us into, it would be meaningful to consider the dimensional puzzle as well. For instance, while wee humans think that we understand rotation in three dimensional space or ordinary space I continue to be amazed at the gyroscopic momentum of a rotating wheel; that rotations do not superpose; that rotation in a 4D or higher space could carry implications on our existence.

I do not accept the modern physical interpretation of electron spin as a discrete quality. It is possible to construct a continuous form which carries a discrete interpretation that would better resolve the puzzle. This points to the invalidity of quantum computing based on electron spin. Spin purity of electron beams is around 75% the last time I checked, with some claims near 80%. The Stern-Gerlach results were not discrete; they were blurred and continuous and were forced to a more discrete form by altering the aperture in the experiment. This could send one back to the spectroscopic results of atoms. This is the source of the discrete supposition. Perhaps too many qualities have been attributed to the atoms themselves and not enough to spacetime. This willingness to step back generations in physics will have to be taken up by a next generation. This means putting an end to the enforced mimicry of such philosophical contradictions as particle wave duality. This means physicists confessing that they've gotten some of the fundamentals wrong. In the absence of such an opening works which go back to the true openings will be rejected, and so modern physics will be accused of the same shortcomings as religion did about the time of Galileo. The shortcomings will be proven not to be of religion or science, but of wee humans. When it comes to truth or mimicry it is clear that mimicry rules our days. We pursue the truth in the face of such a challenge and those who step too far get squashed. Unfortunately I like squash.
PeLeLe
New Trial Member

Post by PeLeLe »

In a similar vein, hypothesising to myself...

We live in an ether or matrix of energy. This energy vibrates at different frequencies. Some frequencies create audible sound. Others create visible light. Lower, infrared. Higher, ultra violet. Higher still, matter. And various forms of matter have different frequencies.
So, if you fire an electron from an electron gun, it doesn't literally fire an electron, but creates a wave - ie. literally it is an energy gun, firing a certain energy. Hence, the electron is really a manifestation of the energy. i.e. Particles are waves, just a manifestation of the ether at a certain vibration. Likewise, if you fire a Winchester rifle, you're just firing off lots of different frequencies of waves - sound, light, matter, all waves.
The photoelectric effect of lines on a board behind two slits through which an electron is fired would thus occur because it does not matter whether the 'electron' is 'fired' at the peak or trough of the wave.
So, what is gravity? Thicker and thicker matter presumably has higher and higher vibration. Perhaps high vibrating waves tend to absorb high vibrating waves, so matter tends towards matter. We know denser material tends to absorb waves. Hence gravity. Water is denser than air. It is easy to make noise in air, but when that wave hits water, the water absorbs it. The water and the air are at very different vibrations. I guess the sound in water propagates into the air, but because of the different medium, it changes frequency, so is no longer audible.
So, what is time? Time is evidently not independent of matter. Waves travel more easily in dense matter, yet are also absorbed more easily. Perhaps the vibration is time? Hence, in denser material, time goes faster. On earth, there are more waves than in space (hence gravity), hence a clock (or body) would be more infused with waves, and hence denser. Hence the clock would run a bit faster than if in space.
What about gravity in space? 'Space' also contains this 'ether' or 'matrix', but at a vibration that doesn't cause many particles. Hence waves still penetrate. Hence gravity still acts, as the noise of waves from a planet, hence those waves absorb other waves. Hence gravity in 'space'.
PeLeLe
New Trial Member

Post by PeLeLe »

Sorry, obviously the Winchester gun doesn't emit light waves - except for the small amount in the blast.

Return to “Philosophy of Science”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream