Climate change is a fraud

Use this forum to discuss the philosophy of science. Philosophy of science deals with the assumptions, foundations, and implications of science.
DarwinX
Favorite Philosopher: Stephen Hurrell

Re: Climate change is a fraud

Post by DarwinX »

Syamsu wrote: (Nested quote removed.)

You aren't always right either. I believe you are yourself a fraud, in the sense of that you have no honesty on the issue. To be honest I consider mainly is to put all arguments and evidence side by side, and choose what you think is best. Yet you argue like, I have 1 idea against climate change, and another, and another idea against, and you come up with no idea that climate change is true.

When you argue: reducing co2 is a bad idea because plants use co2 to make oxygen , then I can see just by the way that you write it, that it is just a flippant idea, and that there will be no change whatever in your opinion if this particular argument is found to be wrong. I know this by experience of arguing many who argue like that. Once you take them seriously for any statement they make, they then simply drop the argument, and go find another argument in favor of their preconceived position. When they get pressured on an issue, they jump to another issue. Playing games, tactics, nonsense.

You are just combative, the Darwinian idea of reaching the best conclusion by fighting tooth and nail for the idea you prejudicially favor, and somehow magically the best idea will then win out in this fight. Unfortunately, it is just prejudice that wins out, and reasonable opinion loses.

By "reasonable opinion" I bet you are referring to "your own opinion".
The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Beware! The devil wears the mask of a saint.
Alias
Favorite Philosopher: Terry Pratchett

Post by Alias »

That, plus all the other sane, reasonable, well-informed people.

I realize that still leaves us in the minority....
Those who can induce you to believe absurdities can induce you to commit atrocities. - Voltaire
DarwinX

Post by DarwinX »

Alias wrote:That, plus all the other sane, reasonable, well-informed people.

It is just an example of Christian like fanaticism. It has no logical base and its proponents always dodge and weave any serious criticism.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Beware! The devil wears the mask of a saint.
Xris

Post by Xris »

DarwinX wrote: (Nested quote removed.)

It is just an example of Christian like fanaticism. It has no logical base and its proponents always dodge and weave any serious criticism.
Serious criticism. Whats serious about a guy who has been found to be lying and works for the oil business.
Altaire

Post by Altaire »

The climate is always changing. There is a balance between calm nature and chaotic. We are in a calm state right now. We can not assume that our contribution to global gasses has no effect. But its really moot now. Point of no return. Has been here for awhile. Adaptation is the way now. And yes, we really messed things up. The science of ice cores and atmospheric gasses, algae growth etc. have proven that. Enough for me anyway.

Thanks, Guy :)
DarwinX

Post by DarwinX »

Alias wrote:That, plus all the other sane, reasonable, well-informed people.

You admit that you don't know much about the subject but rely on scientists who are experts to inform you. Now, you claim that you are well informed but until you do your own research you will be in the dark on this issue.

Note - Scientists have many hidden agendas to protect. They have to make a living by creating artificial disasters which they can fix for us. If they can't fool the government and general population into thinking that scientists are important and necessary, then, their science grants will quickly dry up and they will be out of work. Thus, science is an over-rated profession which is full of shonky operators and charlatans. Although we may owe much to science for our current lifestyle, there are other more sinister aspects to science which have been overlooked by over optimistic and gullible individuals.
Newme

Post by Newme »

DarwinX wrote:By "reasonable opinion" I bet you are referring to "your own opinion".
:lol: ^ Post of the day! Beautiful, Darwinx!

Even if I didn't agree with you, Darwin, I'd still love that post! But I do agree with you & am glad to know someone else realizes this BILLION DOLLARS climate change nonsense for what it is!

"This year, your government will spend in the neighborhood of $4 billion on global warming research, despite the fact that there has been no global warming since 1998, and despite all of the billions that have been spent so far yielding no conclusive evidence that using fossil fuels to make energy has any significant effect on Earth’s temperature. The human component of carbon dioxide that is injected into the air each year is very small, on the order of 3%. Half the carbon dioxide emitted into the air by human activity each year is immediately absorbed into nature. Carbon dioxide is 8% of the greenhouse effect; water in the air is 90% of the greenhouse effect. By volume, carbon dioxide is currently at about 390 parts per million in the atmosphere, increasing at about 2 parts per million annually. In other words, carbon dioxide is increasing at a rate of .5% per year. Since human activity adds 3% of the carbon dioxide that gets into the air each year, the human component of the increase in carbon dioxide into the atmosphere each year is 3 % of .5%, or just .015%." http://www.thegwpf.org/how-much-money-a ... ion-a-day/

"Every candidate should support rational measures to protect and improve our environment, but it makes no sense at all to back expensive programs that divert resources from real needs and are based on alarming but untenable claims of "incontrovertible" evidence." http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 21366.html

There has and always will be climate change... "•1880-1940: A prolonged rise in temperature in spite of modest global carbon dioxide outputs •1940-1970: A decline in temperature, in spite of rising carbon dioxide levels •1970-2000: A rise in temperature which follows carbon dioxide levels •2009-2005: A levelling-out of the temperature rise •2005-2011: A slight decline in temperature, in spite of still-rising carbon dioxide levels

So, over a period of more than a century, only the data from one thirty-year slot actually fits the human-induced global warming theory. The rest does not. In this situation it is up to the proponents of the theory to explain the discrepancy. With the bulk of the data not fitting the theory, this is indeed an onerous task."

http://ezinearticles.com/?Climate-Chang ... id=6849578
“Empty is the argument of the philosopher which does not relieve any human suffering.” - Epicurus
Aemun

Post by Aemun »

I thought that the fact global warming hasn't happened since 1998 was a myth. That's what I read in New Scientist.

The rest are just the same arguments we've been going over rehashed.

-- Updated August 16th, 2013, 8:30 pm to add the following --

No ones been denying you can't find a wealth of arguments online against global warming. We just want to see one from a respectable source. Peer reviewed if at all possible. Until then we'll remain climate sceptic sceptical.

-- Updated August 16th, 2013, 8:43 pm to add the following --

... And again, just a miniscule amount of research into the sources starts throwing doubt on them.

Same old story. People paid to muddy the water. The more you look the more you think we as a species are just not gonna survive this. Too busy worrying about our wallets.

-- Updated August 16th, 2013, 8:47 pm to add the following --

I real worry about the people who are paid to allocate funding to bodies with the specific intent of making anthropogenic global warming look like a hoax. You would endanger your species for an extra yacht or plane or whatever else their bonuses get them. I couldn't sleep at night, absolutely no way.
Alias
Favorite Philosopher: Terry Pratchett

Post by Alias »

DarwinX wrote: You admit that you don't know much about the subject but rely on scientists who are experts to inform you. Now, you claim that you are well informed but until you do your own research you will be in the dark on this issue.
None of the above.
Note - Scientists have many hidden agendas to protect.
Most people may have agendas, hidden or overt, to protect. And...?
=They have to make a living by creating artificial disasters which they can fix for us.
Scientists are employed to create computer programs to spy on our communications, instruments to diagnose illness, pills to grow hair and dissolve fat, spacecraft to take pictures of planets, biological weapons, financial scams, counting stuff and finding things and blowing **** up. They create machines to make money for their bosses. They create chemicals to make money for their bosses. They create whatever the bosses require.
If they can't fool the government and general population into thinking that scientists are important and necessary,
I'd like to see you go 24 hours without using any product of science.
Those who can induce you to believe absurdities can induce you to commit atrocities. - Voltaire
DarwinX

Post by DarwinX »

Aemun wrote:I thought that the fact global warming hasn't happened since 1998 was a myth. That's what I read in New Scientist.

The rest are just the same arguments we've been going over rehashed.

-- Updated August 16th, 2013, 8:30 pm to add the following --

No ones been denying you can't find a wealth of arguments online against global warming. We just want to see one from a respectable source. Peer reviewed if at all possible. Until then we'll remain climate sceptic sceptical.

-- Updated August 16th, 2013, 8:43 pm to add the following --

... And again, just a miniscule amount of research into the sources starts throwing doubt on them.

Same old story. People paid to muddy the water. The more you look the more you think we as a species are just not gonna survive this. Too busy worrying about our wallets.

-- Updated August 16th, 2013, 8:47 pm to add the following --

I real worry about the people who are paid to allocate funding to bodies with the specific intent of making anthropogenic global warming look like a hoax. You would endanger your species for an extra yacht or plane or whatever else their bonuses get them. I couldn't sleep at night, absolutely no way.

The peer review system is designed to protect a corrupt science community from scrutiny. If you rely solely on the peer review system for your information, you will never know what is really going on in the world. The world is full of illusion and false roads leading to nowhere. The ruling classes decide what the general public should and shouldn't know. It is only a small select group of individuals who take the time to look behind the curtain, who will know what is really going on in the world. If you choose to let others decide things for you, you will always be in the dark. Knowledge requires effort and time. Ignorance requires no effort, and is a path taken by most people.
Xris

Post by Xris »

You give us one corrupt scientist to support your view and nothing else.If there is to be an honest debate then give a credible reference to start with, not some fraud employed by the oil industry.
Aemun

Post by Aemun »

"The peer review system is designed to protect a corrupt science community from scrutiny."

Start of a new thread, anyone game? I don't honestly think you can debate with some one who will not accept any standard other than their own as the basis of fact. Do you?

I suggest anyone who is considering writing anything else in regards to this topic read the above quote and reconsider if it is really worth their time and effort. So I could do my own experiment and he could just say I have my own corrupt agenda. It really is impossible. I'm stuck. The peer review system is actually a standard of this forum so I really don't know why this person is here.
DarwinX

Post by DarwinX »

Aemun wrote:"The peer review system is designed to protect a corrupt science community from scrutiny."

Start of a new thread, anyone game? I don't honestly think you can debate with some one who will not accept any standard other than their own as the basis of fact. Do you?

I suggest anyone who is considering writing anything else in regards to this topic read the above quote and reconsider if it is really worth their time and effort. So I could do my own experiment and he could just say I have my own corrupt agenda. It really is impossible. I'm stuck. The peer review system is actually a standard of this forum so I really don't know why this person is here.
I can't remember seeing any statements "that the peer review system was the standard of this forum"? On which page did you see it?

Is this part of your illusion?

Here is a list of 31,487 scientists that disagree with anthropogenic climate change.

http://www.petitionproject.org/ :)

Note: Still waiting for you to answer post number 3.
Xris

Post by Xris »

DarwinX wrote: (Nested quote removed.)

I can't remember seeing any statements "that the peer review system was the standard of this forum"? On which page did you see it?

Is this part of your illusion?

Here is a list of 31,487 scientists that disagree with anthropogenic climate change.

http://www.petitionproject.org/ :)
You are dragging up a list that has been conclusively proven to be a load of crap. Some don't exist, some are not scientists and many have never disagreed with climate change. This is typical of the deniers. When scientific facts do not conform lies and deceit become the norm. Give us a proven scientific study from reputable academic background that seriously questions global warming.
Aemun

Post by Aemun »

I am actually ashamed of myself for conflating two statements I read regarding this websites and another websites policy regarding peer reviewed papers and credible sourcing. So given that I like to be found wrong - it means I have learnt something and have become more knowledgable - I will allow you that the last line of my last post is fallacious.

That said I still stand by everything else I said in the last post - the main thrust of it in fact. I have not done enough posts yet to be allowed links. However, I implore any readers of the link with regards to the petition project to spend one tenth of the time you spend reading it on researching its credibility.

Try typing in 'petition project debunked'. Then maybe look at some other research that shows that 97% of climate scientists (that's right - not just any old psychology student or whoever else they could get to sign the petition) believe in anthropogenic climate change.

Again we are back to my old argument - the originator of this post will believe any research, of any credibility, if it backs up their beliefs. No standards other than their own. Don't waste your time on this petty and utter tripe, like I am.

-- Updated August 17th, 2013, 11:07 am to add the following --

I can already imagine they're thinking 'well ofcourse climate scientists agree with it because they are all corrupt and make millions a year out of creating the myth'. The biggest cartel in the world - climate scientists. Ha

Return to “Philosophy of Science”

2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters

Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
by Howard Wolk
July 2024

Quest: Finding Freddie: Reflections from the Other Side

Quest: Finding Freddie: Reflections from the Other Side
by Thomas Richard Spradlin
June 2024

Neither Safe Nor Effective

Neither Safe Nor Effective
by Dr. Colleen Huber
May 2024

Now or Never

Now or Never
by Mary Wasche
April 2024

Meditations

Meditations
by Marcus Aurelius
March 2024

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

The In-Between: Life in the Micro

The In-Between: Life in the Micro
by Christian Espinosa
January 2024

2023 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream