Why does Existence Exist?

Discuss any topics related to metaphysics (the philosophical study of the principles of reality) or epistemology (the philosophical study of knowledge) in this forum.
Rr6
Favorite Philosopher: R. Bucky Fuller

Re: Slop-in-the-System

Post by Rr6 »

Ive been very clear and consistent on what exists; 1a} metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts, 2c} metaphysical-2, macro-infinite, non-occupied space, 3c} finite, occupied space aka Universe or Uni-Verse.

None have ever offered any rational, logical common sense to invalidate the above.

So this brings us back to why those three, and only those three exist. It is moot question. All three exist, eternally i.e. it cannot ever be any other way.

If any truly want to understand, much less comprehend all that exists, then they need to begin with my above that is a subcategory of 1] "U"niverse: The Cosmic Hierarchy.

Or as B Fuller states it, begin with the whole, and that way no parts can be left out.

The truth exists, for those who seek it, those who don't and those who scoff at it. imho

Rr6--^v = sine-wave frequency pattern ergo change and motion.
Fullers jitterbug transformations of the Vector Equlibrium aka cubo{6}-octa{8}hedron as the Operating System of Universe is for a few reasons, but one is the slop-in-the-system it allows by having four sets of 90 degree surface angles ergo transformation.
VE;
24, 60 degree surface angles
24, 90 degree surface angles
24 chords
24 radii
24, surface right angle tetrahedron
24 XYZ right-angle tetrahedron
It is the VE is mostly unstable and that is why it can be associated with unstable { short lived } mesons.
OO = one quark i.e. two great circles.
The VE has 4 great circles OO OO ergo two quarks ergo one meson.
Change is inherent to motion and relationship. All is in dynamic motion ergo the word energy means energetic i.e dynamic change of location.
"Rr6"]Now to add in X{ 1a} we could have it perpendicular or we could add it as third line, that gives enclosure shape to what previous was just a right-angle. So YZX of existence can be viewed as a 2D right-triangle. /\
<<< past < out ( * / * ) in < future <<< where / is 2D Slice-of-Mind
<<< past < out ( * | * ) in < future <<<< where | is 2D Slice-of-Time aka Slice-of-Occupied Space
[/quote]
"U"niverse > UniVerse > universe > I-verse < you-verse < we-verse < them-verse
UniversalAlien

Re: Why does Existence Exist?

Post by UniversalAlien »

AB1OB wrote:
The "void" is the natural state of dynamic equilibrium.
There is no space/time in the void.

Space/time are the dimensions relative to expansion.
The qualities of expansion are "radial trajectory @ c"

As entities made of nodes of radial energy, we don't sense the constant motion of expansion ( that creates Time).

Space, from our perspective, is relative distances of co-moving radial nodes.
Yes, that is an interesting perspective - However it is more scientific than philosophical.

Granting that what you say is true - that sitll fails to answer the question WHY :?:

What factors create such a paradigm :?: What is it that makes an existent state exist at all in the first place :?:

I still say that existence exists because non-existence can not exist :idea:

Everything else is perspective and commentary.
AB1OB

Post by AB1OB »

UniversalAlien wrote:AB1OB wrote:
The "void" is the natural state of dynamic equilibrium.
There is no space/time in the void.

Space/time are the dimensions relative to expansion.
The qualities of expansion are "radial trajectory @ c"

As entities made of nodes of radial energy, we don't sense the constant motion of expansion ( that creates Time).

Space, from our perspective, is relative distances of co-moving radial nodes.
Yes, that is an interesting perspective - However it is more scientific than philosophical.
There should not be a conflict between scientific data and philosophical conjecture.
UniversalAlien wrote:Granting that what you say is true - that sitll fails to answer the question WHY :?:

What factors create such a paradigm :?: What is it that makes an existent state exist at all in the first place :?:
I think I explained this before but here are more specifics...

The basic level of "non-existence" can be referred to as the "void".

If we could examine the void, we would find a lack of any contrast on any scale of measurement.

Of course, if the void was existing, there could be no way for it to be observed or measured.

Still, we are looking for the primary meaning of an "existent state". If equilibrium within the void fails a state of existence occurs. A state of existence is a contrast of a scale of measurement.

Theoretically, we could have states of existence come into existence and go out of existence from points within the void.

Of course, there is still no way for an observer to enter this situation.

I think that what is really meant by the original question is; WHY DOES "OUR APPARENT REALITY" EXIST?

To answer that question, we must understand what our apparent reality is...changes in relative positions along a timeline.

For reality to exist, there must be a continuity, a continuum to create a timeline. A cycling current of existence.
UniversalAlien wrote:I still say that existence exists because non-existence can not exist :idea:

Everything else is perspective and commentary.
Your commentary is made from the perspective of existing along a timeline of expansion.

Non-existence will not be found within a system of existence but that has nothing to do with why existence exists.

Existence is a relativity within a continuum.

-- Updated October 10th, 2016, 7:45 am to add the following --
Rr6 wrote:...

Ive been very clear and consistent on what exists; 1a} metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts, 2c} metaphysical-2, macro-infinite, non-occupied space, 3c} finite, occupied space aka Universe or Uni-Verse.

None have ever offered any rational, logical common sense to invalidate the above.

All space is occupied by dynamic relativity.
Rr6

Post by Rr6 »

AB1OB wrote:All space is occupied by dynamic relativity.
There exist no rational, logical common sense explanation fort the above comment, that I can see.

All space is macro-infinite and embraces our finite, occupied space Universe.

Until others can understand, if not also comprehend the primary kinds of existence, they will fall short on rational, logical common sense.

Ive been clear for many years.

r6
AB1OB

Post by AB1OB »

Rr6 wrote:
There exist no rational, logical common sense explanation fort the above comment, that I can see.

All space is macro-infinite and embraces our finite, occupied space Universe.

Until others can understand, if not also comprehend the primary kinds of existence, they will fall short on rational, logical common sense.

Ive been clear for many years.

r6

The universe is finite (although unbounded) in its extent. Space and time are emergent qualities of the universal system and only exist within the relativity of said universe.

Specifically, our reality is based within the expansion aspect of the universal cycle.

The spherical quantum expansion of the universe can be indirectly observed by the behavior of E/M radiation (light).

Within the spherical expansion are 2 basic components;
1. Radially flowing self-referential (contains mass) energy, referred to as Matter.
2. Spherically flowing mass-less energy transfer between radials, referred to as Light.

Between the radials of matter is Apparent Space which is actually full of E/M matrix and energy transference...NOT EMPTY!

You are looking at our reality from a very warped perspective if you believe in solid objects existing in space.
Rr6

Post by Rr6 »

The universe is finite (although unbounded) in its extent.

If our occupied space Universe, is finite, then your original statement above is incorrect and that is what I addressed previously. Macro-infinite non-occupied space has not dynamic relativity. What ever that is exactly.
Space and time are emergent qualities of the universal system and only exist within the relativity of said universe.
No, space and time are not emergent--- not sure where you get that irrational idea --they both eternally exist. Occupied space and non-occupied space both eternally exist.

Specifically, our reality is based within the expansion aspect of the universal cycle.

??????
The spherical quantum expansion of the universe can be indirectly observed by the behavior of E/M radiation (light).
?????
Within the spherical expansion are 2 basic components;
1. Radially flowing self-referential (contains mass) energy, referred to as Matter.
2. Spherically flowing mass-less energy transfer between radials, referred to as Light

No, the two are fermionic matter and bosonic forces ergo spirit-2 aka phyiscal/energy or reality.

Gravity and dark energy are metaphysical-3 and 4

YOu need to read, understand and maybe comprehend my cosmic heirarchy, then you might have a better idea of what is what and what is not. imho
Between the radials of matter is Apparent Space which is actually full of E/M matrix and energy transference...NOT EMPTY!
?????
You are looking at our reality from a very warped perspective if you believe in solid objects existing in space.
Huh? I'm using rational, logical common sense. I think your falling short on rational, logical common sense explanations for some of your not so clear ideas.

r6
AB1OB

Post by AB1OB »

UniversalAlien wrote:Soon after posing the question I started thinking about it - and came up with the simplest of answers:

Existence exists because 'non-existence' can not exist !!!

If there ever was a state of non-existence then existence could never have occurred - As existence could not have come
from a non-existent state - There never was, nor will there ever be a non-existent state.

Therefor the logical conclusion to reach is existence is eternal, always was and always will be.

So fear not fellow philosophers existence is nothing to worry about - EXISTENCE ALWAYS EXISTED !!!

And as far as the question as to why existence always existed - I believe that is an eternal 'prime state' that can not
be questioned. But you can try......

"SCIENCEFICTIONALISM the Religion of the FUTURE"
http://universalspacealienpeoplesassoci ... uture.html

What exists?
A dynamic equilibrium, always has, always will.

It is the void. It holds all possible potentials. It is the primary force.

What is a potential?
An episode of failure of the dynamic equilibrium.

This is a transient "existence" but it lacks true existence because there is existence relative to nothing.

For true existence (a basis for a reality) there must be a cycle to create a continuum.

Our universe is such a cycle. A cycle expanded from equilibrium and powered by that same primary force.

-- Updated October 12th, 2016, 8:32 am to add the following --
UniversalAlien wrote:Soon after posing the question I started thinking about it - and came up with the simplest of answers:

If there ever was a state of non-existence then existence could never have occurred - As existence could not have come
from a non-existent state - There never was, nor will there ever be a non-existent state.

Therefor the logical conclusion to reach is existence is eternal, always was and always will be.

So fear not fellow philosophers existence is nothing to worry about - EXISTENCE ALWAYS EXISTED !!!

And as far as the question as to why existence always existed - I believe that is an eternal 'prime state' that can not

"SCIENCEFICTIONALISM the Religion of the FUTURE"
http://universalspacealienpeoplesassoci ... uture.html

What exists?
A dynamic equilibrium, always has, always will.

What is a potential?
An episode of failure of the dynamic equilibrium.

This is a transient "existence" but it lacks true existence because there is existence relative to nothing.

For true existence (a basis for a reality) there must be a cycle to create a continuum.

Our universe is such a cycle. A cycle expanded from equilibrium and powered by that same primary force.

-- Updated October 12th, 2016, 10:48 am to add the following --
Rr6 wrote:
The universe is finite (although unbounded) in its extent.

If our occupied space Universe, is finite, then your original statement above is incorrect and that is what I addressed previously. Macro-infinite non-occupied space has not dynamic relativity. What ever that is exactly.
"Empty space" is a fantasy. There is no empty space. There can be "potential" for space.

Everything is waves. If the waves are within a cycling system, they exist in a time continuum relative to their counterparts.

If they are not within an expanded cycle, they are in equilibrium (where there is a lack of time & space).

Rr6 wrote:
AB1OB wrote:Space and time are emergent qualities of the universal system and only exist within the relativity of said universe.
No, space and time are not emergent--- not sure where you get that irrational idea --they both eternally exist. Occupied space and non-occupied space both eternally exist.

The idea is quite rational in my logic. The universe is a spherical cycling current. It expands from a central location omnidirectionally and the return flow is unidirectional.
The beginning of the expansion aspect is the end of the contractile aspect-a continuous flow of time.
Our local wave group ended a contractile route and began an expansion route. From our perspective, it looks like a Big Bang beginning of time and space but it is a position within the continuous cycle.

The unidirectional return flow is the basis for what we see as "dark energy" and also the reason behind the large scale structure of the universe.

It is the "ground wire" of the universal cycle (powered by equilibrium).

This is the same energy but in a different state, as flows omnidirectionally in expansion.
The difference is the expansion is radial expansion within a spherical space vs. unilateral contraction without added space.
When radials are close enough together, there is no space.
Space is emergent when radial separation is evident.
Radial separation is space.
Radial current speed is time.

It is (should be) easy to see the divergence of radials from a center but our current reality is within co-moving parallels, so we do not see time as radial expansion (unidirectional), we only see relative changes among our co-moving components.

Rr6 wrote:
AB1OB wrote:Specifically, our reality is based within the expansion aspect of the universal cycle.

??????
It is the relativity of the sphere and its radius that creates signal transfer between radials, space & time

It is the relativity of the sphere and its radius that ties general and special relativity together.

You are using common sense. I agree. You have a perspective of intuitive thought based upon your evolution within this fixed set of cosmological circumstances.

But what I am describing is based on a logical interpretation of known observable (via extended observation technology) data.

Here is an example;

I am sitting across the room from you.

I throw a ball at you.

As time passes, the ball gets closer to you.

If you don't move or catch it, it will hit you in 1 second from when thrown.

But if the entire room is moving at 186,000 mi/sec, all that occurs is really a minor deviation of a unilateral motion.

Our reality is the deviations from a straight line.

Not really intuitive.

I am sitting across the room from you.

I shine a flashlight at you.

The light energy produced enters spacial expansion.

Space expands the light until it is intercepted by your eyes, where energy is transferred from space to matter.

Photons did not travel through space like the thrown ball.

Photon energy is expanded. The more it is expanded the smaller the percentage received at interception...the basis of perspective/distance.
Gertie

Post by Gertie »

I was going to say it's an impossible question to answer, but that's not bad!

If non-existence has zero properties, including the property of potential to be anything else, then existence-properties can't arise from non-existence. Hence existence must always have existed.

Providing that sort of logic (any existence-logic or existence-thinking) can be applied to non-existence, which is tricky to test ;)
Rr6

Post by Rr6 »

AOB, I see not any rational, logical common sense in most of what you say. Old news there.

r6
AB1OB--The idea is quite rational in my logic. The universe is a spherical cycling current. It expands from a central location omnidirectionally and the return flow is unidirectional.
What exists?--A dynamic equilibrium, always has, always will.
AB1OB

Post by AB1OB »

Existence exists within a system of existence because non-existence .can not exist within a system of existence.

OK.

The system produces time, space for existence. No system, no existence in time, space.

Existence beyond time, space is not existence, it is potential.
Erkle

Post by Erkle »

Only a fool would try 8)

Yes, existence can't come from "a non-existent state" or in other words, non-existence or absolutely nothing.

The "eternal primal state" of existence is existent, while the state of non-existence or absolutely nothing is non-existent .

Existence is an entity that does exist, while non-existence is an entity that doesn't exist. So much so, in fact, that calling it an entity is silly.

I agree. Existence always exists.

Non-existence or absolutely nothing are just words.
Spiral Out

Post by Spiral Out »

The absurdity of the question of "why does existence exist" and the statement that "non-existence cannot exist" if found in the shortcomings of the language used to express these ideas.

Of course, by the very definition of the terms, "non-existence" cannot exist, and it states absolutely nothing (no pun intended). The Universe ("existence") of course, does exist. It does so because an observer of this universe can form this very concept. We can also say the Void "exists" (for lack of a better word in a faulty and incomplete language) because an observer (obviously not direct observation) can form this concept as well.

To say that existence (the Universe) has always existed is an illogical and unfounded assumption of a strictly temporal and limited observation. It's also a projection of the self into the past and the future beyond one's own existence. This is the fundamental flaw in the idea.

One can state that "history" is observed through the remnants of the past, but it is observed only at a point in time the observer is limited to, and that limitation is also the limitation of the existence of the Universe.
Dedicated to the fine art of thinking.
UniversalAlien

Post by UniversalAlien »

Spiral Out wrote:
The absurdity of the question of "why does existence exist" and the statement that "non-existence cannot exist" if found in the shortcomings of the language used to express these ideas..........
What other language could be used to ask philosophical questions ?

I could imagine a mind or minds somewhere in the universe that might be thinking differently than Humans
- but Humans would have a hard time understanding them - maybe quantum computers of the future will open the door
- Meantime, as you say, we are limited by language.

And maybe it is the very 'absurdity' of expecting logical answers to questions that are impossible to answer in an absolute sense, one of the things that makes philosophy interesting :idea:
Spiral Out

Post by Spiral Out »

UniversalAlien wrote:Spiral Out wrote:
The absurdity of the question of "why does existence exist" and the statement that "non-existence cannot exist" if found in the shortcomings of the language used to express these ideas..........
What other language could be used to ask philosophical questions ?

I could imagine a mind or minds somewhere in the universe that might be thinking differently than Humans
- but Humans would have a hard time understanding them - maybe quantum computers of the future will open the door
- Meantime, as you say, we are limited by language.

And maybe it is the very 'absurdity' of expecting logical answers to questions that are impossible to answer in an absolute sense, one of the things that makes philosophy interesting :idea:
We could try using the language of mathematics.
Spiral Out wrote:The Universe ("existence") of course, does exist. It does so because an observer of this universe can form this very concept. We can also say the Void "exists" (for lack of a better word in a faulty and incomplete language) because an observer (obviously not direct observation) can form this concept as well.
The Universe could be expressed as a value of a number greater than 1 and the Void could be expressed as a value of 0. A classic binary existence and non-existence. It is fundamentally a binary state, for the most part anyway.

However, we can think of existence in varying degrees or forms as concepts, processes, objects and the amalgam of these three states as entities.

Humans are entities comprised of concepts (mind), processes (thought) and objects (body). Perhaps concepts could be represented as a 0.15, processes as a 0.23 and objects as a 0.62 and entities as a 1.00. But any number greater than 0 would indicate existence.

Zero is a concept we can both understand and accept. It represents a value of nothing; an absence of value. We can also consider the Void as such.
Dedicated to the fine art of thinking.
AB1OB

Post by AB1OB »

Void = 0

Sure. 0 contrast = equilibrium

Failure of equilibrium = contrast (existence)

But without a continuum, transient existence and return to equilibrium.

The cycle = continuum = meaninful (relative) reality

Return to “Epistemology and Metaphysics”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream