A Model for the Universe

Discuss any topics related to metaphysics (the philosophical study of the principles of reality) or epistemology (the philosophical study of knowledge) in this forum.
Sandis36
New Trial Member

A Model for the Universe

Post by Sandis36 »

Normally we have a four- dimensional space- time model for the universe. Its problem is that the evidence points to the expansion of the universe which is absurd and inconceivable. But if we have a four- dimensional space and then the time- dimension, this problem does not arouse. The 4. dimension is the fact that the universe has no outside but everything belongs to it. This happens with the 4. space- dimension. And the space rationally is like that in the reality. The 4. dimension is not the time but this fact.

The time we can take as a 5. dimension or in some other way.

This ball- like universe has a definite radius (r), which value we don't know. It is at least 13.8 billion light years, but probably still bigger.

Is there anybody who can transform the GR equations to this model and look if the evidence (red shift and others) fit with this kind of model?

The advantage of this model is that the universe can be eternal and infinite (in the sense no limit, edge or border, but everything inside it, no outside) as rationally expected. The space of the whole universe has no time, only the particles in it have time and the universe is eternal.

And there can be stars older than 13.8 billion years. Because the universe is eternal.

This is philosophically sound, is it? How it is with astronomical cosmologists?

-- Updated March 3rd, 2017, 6:52 am to add the following --

In some astronomical forums it was very difficult to discuss this, because they had strict rules. I'm very happy to discuss the matter here. My education is in the philosophy, in astronomy I am not qualified as a scientists. In the psychology I am a scientist, an academic scholar.

The new point here is that the space of the whole universe has no time even when it is 4. dimensional. Time comes as a 5. dimension or some other way. So the critic for static universes in the history does not have point here. And we don't have need for any creation of the matter as in the Hoyle's model or the expansion of the space as in the BBT, and the evidence can be explained. But there I don't have the needed competence.
DumDumTaDum
New Trial Member

Re: A Model for the Universe

Post by DumDumTaDum »

Hello Sandis36. I notice you have had no responses to this post. I too have had no comments posted to my post - "A Paradoxical Universe?".

You identify yourself as having "education … in the philosophy" and that "In the psychology I am a scientist, an academic scholar". I have a limited education in Philosophy and an undergraduate degree in Psychology.

You use terminology with which I am not familiar - although a brief online search of "4." gave me some appreciation of the mathematical concepts involved. Consequently I cannot adequately enter into the more intricate implications of the field, nor, therefore, make comment on the correctness of your assertions. Nonetheless I am moved to observe that it appears to me that words like "dimension" and "space" are used in a particular way that leaves them open to misinterpretation in the context of experiential perception. It seems to me that mathematically there are no limits to the number of 'dimensions' - and their associated 'spaces'. Ultimately they represent iterations of mathematical algorithms over whatever axiomatic bases can be generated inductively. My initial response is that this ought, in principal to be limitless. Nonetheless I think it likely there are limits to the existentially realisable manifestations that are possible … BUT, I do not know, and cannot point to anyone who does.

One proposition I would raise is that, there should be careful distinction made between the search for (i.e. love of) understanding - which I call "Philantilipsy", and the search for (i.e. love of) 'good'/'wisdom' - which is called Philosophy. Philantilipsy is predicated on ontology and epistemology, while I suggest Philosophy is entirely determined by axiology.
Paradigmer

Post by Paradigmer »

Sandis36 wrote:And there can be stars older than 13.8 billion years. Because the universe is eternal.

This is philosophically sound, is it? How it is with astronomical cosmologists?

The new point here is that the space of the whole universe has no time even when it is 4. dimensional. Time comes as a 5. dimension or some other way. So the critic for static universes in the history does not have point here. And we don't have need for any creation of the matter as in the Hoyle's model or the expansion of the space as in the BBT, and the evidence can be explained. But there I don't have the needed competence.
IMO, the posit of 4D space is philosophically sound.

Check this out: Existence of Higher dimensional space & Perception of time
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Fun stuff. However, the universe is posited to be flat and not round. To be fair, this assumption is based on measurements that assume that the universe is not vastly larger than we imagined (in which a positively curved surface could appear to be flat). Also, your assumption seems to preclude the possibility of a multiverse, which is fair enough in a sense, but I thought I'd just mention it for completionism's sake. It remains a possibility, even if speculative. It would require more dimensions again.

If you wish to bend your brain with higher dimensions I recommend Rob Bryanton's YouTube Imagining the 10th Dimension video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySBaYMESb8o#t=100.22712

Return to “Epistemology and Metaphysics”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream