Who is I? The possessor of my body, mind, and spirit?

Discuss any topics related to metaphysics (the philosophical study of the principles of reality) or epistemology (the philosophical study of knowledge) in this forum.
Tamminen

Re: Who is I? The possessor of my body, mind, and spirit?

Post by Tamminen »

What is reality? Is it what physics describes? No. It is our being in the world that physics describes, and our being conscious of the very same world. We are objects and subjects at the same time. But we are objects as Others, and the subjectivity of Others is hidden but presupposed in our communicating with and understanding each other. Our consciousness of the world, and the subject that is conscious of the world, cannot be explained by physics or reduced to the world of physics. That is why the subject is transcendental. It is not a thing. It is the precondition of the being of things.

Munchausen told that he had lifted himself from his hair, but he was a liar. That is why the subject is transcendental.
Namelesss

Post by Namelesss »

Tamminen wrote: December 14th, 2017, 8:37 am
Namelesss wrote: December 14th, 2017, 8:06 am Reality is a timeless state, by necessity!
I only have the fate that Reality can offer me.
'Fate' - the Inevitability of Now!
Namelesss

Post by Namelesss »

Tamminen wrote: December 14th, 2017, 10:12 am What is reality? Is it what physics describes? No.
What is reality? Is it what physics describes? Yes!
Reality is ALL INCLUSIVE!
Anything and everything that you can see/say/imagine is Reality and, of course, so much more!
Tamminen

Post by Tamminen »

Namelesss wrote: December 14th, 2017, 10:40 am What is reality? Is it what physics describes? Yes!
I meant: not only that.
Wayne92587
Favorite Philosopher: Hermese Trismegistus

Post by Wayne92587 »

Transcendence involves a Singularity of Zero-0 being being transfigured into a Singularity of Greater Value, into a Singularity of One-1.

Quantum is spooky, in fact there is no such animal as quantum physics, is ghost like because quantum is priori knowledge which can not be experienced, quantum has no mass, is not a material Reality, quantum has no physics.

A quantum singularity has a dual quality, is transcendental, has no relative, numerical value, has a numerical value of Zero-0, Nada, Zilch, nothing.

Only one-1 of the pair, two, can be experience, spoken of, the other is priori, can not be experienced.

A quantum Singularity is transcendental, has a dual quality 0/1.

Before the beignning moment of the beginning of the creative process, the First Fully Random, Infinitely Finite Indivisible Singularity having no relative, Numerical, having a numerical value of Zerl-0, upon being transfigured, transcendental, is converted, reborn a Singularity having relative, a numerical value of One-1, by becoming the first in a series, the beginning of a process such a the Evolution Process, the beginning of a continuum such as Space-Time,

The motion of a quantum singularity before it transcends the Darkness of a Black Whole, In the Beginning there being only Darkness upon the Deep, is meaningless, exists without displacement without angular momentum without velocity, Time, Space and Motion existing as a priori Singularity.
\
A Quantum Singularity of Zero-0 upon displacement develops angular momentum, velocity of Speed and direction becomes the first in a series, attaining relative, a numerical,value of One-1; as the Reality of First Cause creating a system of Chaos (as in the Butterfly Effect) which then made manifest the Heavens and the Earth, the Universe, the material Reality of Everything, even a rock.

The displacement of a Fully Random Infinitely Finite Indivisible Quantum Singularity of Zero-0 is immaterial which being transcendental is converted into a singularity of One-1, exists as a material Reality.

Quantum Singularity only appears to exist in two places a once because as a quantum Singularity it two qualities are observed from two different points of View.
Namelesss

Post by Namelesss »

Wayne92587 wrote: December 14th, 2017, 1:09 pm Quantum is spooky, in fact there is no such animal as quantum physics, is ghost like because quantum is priori knowledge which can not be experienced, quantum has no mass, is not a material Reality, quantum has no physics.
The problem with the claim that anything "doesn't exist" is that it is always, ultimately, wrong!
Reality is ALL inclusive!
Reality is NOT, ultimately, 'material', it is information waves, quantum probability waves, "undifferentiated potential", Mindstuff!
The things that you see on your monitor ("The World" (tm)) are far from an accurate reflection of the coding within that produces the monitor image! It is an 'illusion' that helps us understand, helps us Know. Though it seems 'solid', that is merely an artifact of Perspective! Look closer!
The classical physics world is obsolete, other than it's temporary pragmatism. Though a relatively poor descriptor of 'Reality', it has been well used, but a new descriptor of Reality is taking precedence.
A quantum Singularity is transcendental, has a dual quality 0/1.
Sorry, but you have no experience/Knowledge of 'transcendental'.
In the transcendental state, there is no 'duality' as it transcends such 'thought/ego'!
...is immaterial which being transcendental is converted into a singularity of One-1, exists as a material Reality.
Nothing is 'converted' to anything, Consciousness peers into itself from all us limited Perspectives. We Know/experience that bit which is before us. That bit of isolated Mindstuff/coding/information, isolated from the rest of the 'cloud' becomes perceptible, for the moment.
If you've ever watched 'What the Bleep Do We Know', it is Perspective alone that has one image of the basketball present itself as 'Reality'.
Not anything exists that is not Consciously perceived.

An illustration;
'Point to the left'.
Easy.
Note where you are pointing.
Now turn 1 degree and point to the left.
Again note the results.
Now another degree, etc...
And another 1/4 of a degree...
Turn in every possible direction, on every possible axis!
It turns out that every direction is 'left', 'left' is a 'cloud needing a particular Perspective to have any 'direction' at all!
Now point to the 'right'!
Same drill!
Note that the exact same cloud of 'left', is also, at the same moment, a cloud of 'right'!
And a cloud of 'up'!
And a cloud of 'down'...
Do the experiment!

The only 'distinctions' that can even be called 'left' or 'right', OR 'up' and 'down'... are a matter of Perspective!

Ultimately, We are One (unchanging (motionless), all inclusive) 'Cloud'/Reality!!
Classical physicists study mirages;

"...scientists are condemned by their unexamined assumptions to study the nature of mirrors only by cataloging and investigating everything that mirrors can reflect. It is an endless process that never makes progress, that never reaches closure, that generates endless debate between those who have seen different reflected images, and whose enduring product is voluminous descriptions of particular phenomena." - The Adapted Mind
Quantum Singularity only appears to exist in two places a once because as a quantum Singularity it two qualities are observed from two different points of View.
Perhaps like 'thought'; there is One Thought perceived from almost (always almost) infinite Perspectives, by a single Universal Consciousness! That accounts for all the 'thoughts' perceived, ever.
The Universe IS The Singularity' (tm)!
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

I'm not sure if it's a mystical state needed to deal with QM so much as being prepared to suspend relativistic belief.

It's the difference between saying "I have no idea why, but experiments show that x is true" or "I'm sure that one day the experiments will find that x is false".
Namelesss

Post by Namelesss »

Greta wrote: December 14th, 2017, 10:49 pm I'm not sure if it's a mystical state needed to deal with QM so much as being prepared to suspend relativistic belief.
The mystical state IS the suspension/transcendence of the relativism/duality/schizophrenia of all 'thought/ego'.
Within which, the malware/parasite/virus of 'beliefs' exists.
Even thoughts that are not 'believed' are dualistically structured.
Self! needs that 'ego' that all Self! may be Known!
Like the new tarmac, at night, all would be unintelligible chaos, so lines are painted on the surface, lanes, parking spaces, arrows, etc... so the the unknowable terrain/Universe, may become Known.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Namelesss wrote: December 14th, 2017, 11:18 pm
Greta wrote: December 14th, 2017, 10:49 pm I'm not sure if it's a mystical state needed to deal with QM so much as being prepared to suspend relativistic belief.
The mystical state IS the suspension/transcendence of the relativism/duality/schizophrenia of all 'thought/ego'.
I'll have to take your word for it. I have enjoyed a couple of mystical states but I don't know much about them.
Namelesss wrote:Like the new tarmac, at night, all would be unintelligible chaos, so lines are painted on the surface, lanes, parking spaces, arrows, etc... so the the unknowable terrain/Universe, may become Known.
That sounds like a description of science.
Namelesss

Post by Namelesss »

Greta wrote: December 15th, 2017, 1:24 am
Namelesss wrote: December 14th, 2017, 11:18 pm
I'll have to take your word for it. I have enjoyed a couple of mystical states but I don't know much about them.
The only Knowing is the actual experiencing.
Don't take my word for anything, enter into the thoughtless state yourself and Know! *__-
Namelesss wrote:Like the new tarmac, at night, all would be unintelligible chaos, so lines are painted on the surface, lanes, parking spaces, arrows, etc... so the the unknowable terrain/Universe, may become Known.
That sounds like a description of science.
[/quote]
I am compelled to say that I am enjoying hearing your Perspective on things!
The problem is that science has been assuming that the 'grid/markings' ARE the terrain, rather than metaphor!
It takes a philosopher to critically examine the assumptions that are just taken for granted by scientists and others.
Namelesss

Post by Namelesss »

Every 'good' philosopher is also a scientist! (And artist!)
Namelesss

Post by Namelesss »

Rare as lips on a chicken are scientists capable of philosophical thought!
Tamminen

Post by Tamminen »

The subject is conscious of objects. This is the ontological structure of reality. The being of the subject depends on the being of objects and the being of objects depends on the being of the subject.

The totality of objects is the universe.

The being of the subject manifests itself as the being of individual subjects. The being of the universe does not depend on the being of any particular individual subject. From an individual subject's point of view objects are noumena, “things-in-themselves”.

Modern science is interested in objects. Philosophy is interested in reality as a whole. Philosophy is reflective.

The being of the subject and its consciousness of objects cannot be explained by objects of consciousness. On the contrary, the being of the universe can be explained by the being of the subject and its necessary internal structure.

To try to explain the being of the subject and the being of consciousness by properties of matter is like trying to explain the idea of knife by the physical properties of the blade of the knife.

The universe is like a home for us. Its objects are its furniture. As Heidegger said, objects are not “present-at-hand”, they are “ready-to-hand”, they are instruments of our being.

The being of the subject does not need an explanation. It is already presupposed. We only have to understand its internal structure. For that purpose we need philosophical and scientific methods like observation, logic, dialectic and phenomenology. In short: reflective thinking.

I am conscious of the fact that these thoughts are somewhat provocative. Consider them as thought experiments.
Namelesss

Post by Namelesss »

Tamminen wrote: December 15th, 2017, 5:07 am The subject is conscious of objects. This is the ontological structure of reality. The being of the subject depends on the being of objects and the being of objects depends on the being of the subject.
Making distinction between 'subject' and 'object' is a fool's errand!
They are one and the same thing!

When you see a rock in a movie, or on your computer screen, is that rock an 'object'?
It certainly APPEARS as one.
But it is really, ultimately, no more than 'code' reflected.
Tamminen

Post by Tamminen »

Namelesss wrote: December 15th, 2017, 4:07 pm Making distinction between 'subject' and 'object' is a fool's errand!
They are one and the same thing!
An object is a thing, the subject is not.

Return to “Epistemology and Metaphysics”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream