The Fractal Generation of the Universe

Discuss any topics related to metaphysics (the philosophical study of the principles of reality) or epistemology (the philosophical study of knowledge) in this forum.
BigBango

The Fractal Generation of the Universe

Post by BigBango »

From Google: "A Fractal is a curve or geometric figure, each part of which has the same statistical character as the whole. Fractals are useful in modeling structures (such as eroded coastlines or snowflakes) in which similar patterns recur at progressively smaller scales, and in describing partly random or chaotic phenomena such as crystal growth, fluid turbulence, and galaxy formation."

Fractal patterns are not mysterious. They appear over and over in our world. It only takes a closer analytical look or a "zoom" function to find them everywhere. This post is meant to explicate a theory that identifies the fractal elements in the evolution of our world. It will also explain the forces that exist in our unfolding universe that appear to serve as fractal generators.

I. Galaxies.
(a.) Most galaxies have two basic properties that drive the fractal evolution of the universe. A central black hole core whose external properties are easily described in scientific terms using conventional notions of mass, size, spin, etc.. These are purely physical objects. The forces that exist between adjacent galaxies can be accounted for almost entirely by the forces that exist between their black hole centers. That has been verified scientifically.

(b.) The rest of the mass of a galaxy, besides its black hole center, is a miss match of dead stars, dust and planets both with living systems and without. With age the dead stuff tends to be sucked into the galaxies core. Living systems would tend to develop their technology to the point of being able to resist galactic core capture. Do they al achieve that? No they don't. Bye bye anti-technology ecologists.

II. Global inter galactic forces.

(a.) Expanding universe.

In an expanding universe like ours no fractal generation can occur. Distant stars will disappear first and then we will be alone. The fractal generation would only occur in a collapsing universe. Cosmologists argue whether or not ours will ever change into a collapsing universe. It mostly depends on whether the mass of the universe is open or closed. Will it rebound after encountering masses in the universe that are outside our current knowledge? we don't know. What we are fairly certain of is that our familiar world has either come into existence from a quantum fluctuation of "nothingness" violating the second law of thermodynamics or it came from the collapse of a pre-existing world as Penrose and others working on quantum loop gravity theorize.

(b.) Collapsing Universe.

Let us assume that young worlds experience their world expanding and old worlds experience their world collapsing. If so then we should surmise that the living systems in an older world would have advanced technology. What that implies is something written about by the ancients that preceded the Egyptians. The said our world was created when the Gods went through a "Great Separation" (see "GENESIS of the COSMOS" The Ancient Science of Continuous Creation by Paul A. LaViolette,Ph.D). This Separation was the flight of technologically advanced civilizations from the collapse of all their galactic centers, followed by the Big Bang. These civilizations knew it was coming and they were not just physical objects following refutable physical laws that would end up crushing them. No, they valued their way of life and saw fit to flee the collapse.

III. The transformation of the black holes from crunch to Bang.

(a.) The physical transform of the collapsing black holes.

They imploded turning all their mass into plasma which then became a new expanding young universe. What survived that collapse were the black hole points of existence with spin and no mass. When the plasma cooled each black hole spinner picked up a uniform amount of cooling plasma. These are now the quarks of the nuclei of our atoms. Given that each quark had, before the Crunch a galaxy full of civilizations that fled. Since it took three pre-BigBang galaxies to make a single neutron in our world the number of civilizations left to return to the cooled world could be thousands of tiny civilizations for each atom of our world.

IV. The Causal Efficacy of tiny civilizations in the world after The BigBang.

The only way for these civilizations to prosper in this new world, where they are dwarfed by our matter, is to use both their advanced technology, which they used to escape the Big Crunch, and to band together with other civilizations combing their power. That is what it took to change the chemistry of a "Goldilocks" planet in the new world into one where they are animating the new world with creatures. These civilizations are the "subjects" that experience what their creatures sense.

This fulfills the cycle of the fractal generation of our evolving Universe. It is a Universe that guarantees that "socialization" is always increasing
Wayne92587
Favorite Philosopher: Hermese Trismegistus

Re: The Fractal Generation of the Universe

Post by Wayne92587 »

A Fractal is a Singularity that has a dual quality, an above and a below; a numerator and a denominator, the denominator always being greater than that which is above in order to exist as a fractal.

As Hermes Tristmegistus wrote in the Emerald Tablet; when that which is above becomes the same as that which is below, or that which is below becomes the same as that which is above, the so called Fractal becomes the Whole of a Single Reality, is not longer separate and distinct, each one from the other, confused.
Wayne92587

Post by Wayne92587 »

BingoBango; you read an awful lot int the meaning of Fractal, that just is not there.
Wayne92587

Post by Wayne92587 »

A Black Whole is central to existence of the Universe seeing how that, in the beginning before the creation of the Reality of First Cause there was only Darkness upon the Deep; Time, Space and Motion each existing as Point Singularities.
BigBango

Post by BigBango »

Wayne, I hear you. I do have degrees in math but maybe I am missing something. Can you be more specific? Keep in mind I am not trying to assert that fractals are anymore than a theoretical similarity to my thesis.

Tell me what I am missing. We have two generators. The pure physicality of collapsing black hole galactic centers accompanied by the escape of civilizations from this catastrophic event. In the after math (Big Crunch, Big Bang, plasma and cooling) we still see meaning carrying civilizations readapting to a new world of galaxies where there galactic centers are now neutrons/protons of their new world and they are very small.

What is preserved in this "fractal" transform is that meaning is still cast into a relation with pure physicality. The form is the same from one fractal layer to another.
Wayne92587

Post by Wayne92587 »

BingBangol

I am not sure that you can make sense of this post, but you did ask me to be more specific.
I hope that you will allow me answer and criticisms.

Before the Creative process began, the Reality of Everything existed as a Fully Random Fractal State of Quantum Singularity, existed as The Transcendental (Metaphorical) Fully Random State of Singularity.

The so called Big Bang was nothing more than a bump in the Night, in the Darkness of a Great Void.

In the beginning, the Reality of Everything existed as a Fractal, a Fully Random quantum State of Point Singularity, to include the point singularities of Time, Space, and Motion.

It was not until the Creation of the Reality of First Cause, the First Point Singularity having been displaced attained relative, a numerical value of One-1, that Motion attained angular momentum, that anything became measurable as to location and momentum in Space-Time.

The essence of motion existing as an insignificant innate, inner motion of a point Singularity (point singularity existing as an Infinitely Finite Indivisible Singularity of having no relative, numerical value, having a numerical value of Zero-0.

Having attained relative, a numerical value of One-1 by becoming the first in a series of events, the beginning of a continuum such as Space-Time, becoming the beginning of a process such as the Evolutionary Process, that the Reality of First Cause became the direct material cause of a system Chaos that made Manifest the Heavens and the Earth, the Universe, the Reality of Everything that exists in the material sense of the Word.

“Why Something rather than Nothing?”

Notice that I capitalized the word Nothing even though nothingness is not a person, place or thing, is not a proper noun.

I say that the Heavens and the Earth, the Universe, that The Reality Everything that exists in the Material sense of the Word is a Creation, beginning with the Creation of the Reality of First Cause.

The mathematical equation explaining the Creation of the Reality of Everything, the First Singularity of Zero-0 to be converted into a singularity having a relative, numerical value of One-1, the Reality of First Cause being 0/1.

The Nothingness of the Great Void, the Darkness, that was upon the Deep, being something other than a person, place or thing; being a Fully Random Quantum State of Omnipresent Singularities, having no relative, numerical value, having a numerical value of Zero-0, the Reality of Everything existing as a Point Singularity to include Time, Space and Motion.

Time, Space and Motion existing as the Omniscient State of Infinitely Finite Indivisible Singularities having no Relative, numerical value, having a numerical value of Zero-0.The Reality of First Cause not acting upon on its own, became the first Random Singularity to become relative, to attain a numerical value of One-1.

A Random Singularity of Zero-0 upon being bumped in the Night, the Darkness of Nothingness of the Great Void, was converted, transfigured, reborn, morphed, into a Random Singularity having relative, a numerical value of One-1.

Upon very light bump in the Night, a Random Singularity having no Relative, numerical value, having a numerical value of Zero-0, made a quantum leap as it issued forth as the Reality of First Cause, as a Transcendent Singularity having a Dual quality of 0/1.
Wayne92587

Post by Wayne92587 »

BingoBango;

I am not sure that you can make sense of this post, but you did ask me to be more specific.

Before the Creative process began, the Reality of Everything existed as a Fully Random Fractal State of Quantum Singularity, existed as The Transcendental (Metaphorical) Fully Random State of Singularity.

The so called Big Bang was nothing more than a bump in the Night, in the Darkness of a Great Void.

In the beginning, the Reality of Everything existed as a Fractal, a Fully Random quantum State of Point Singularity, to include the point singularities of Time, Space, and Motion.

It was not until the Creation of the Reality of First Cause, the First Point Singularity having been displaced attained relative, a numerical value of One-1, that Motion attained angular momentum, that anything became measurable as to location and momentum in Space-Time.

The essence of motion existing as an insignificant innate, inner motion of a point Singularity (point singularity existing as an Infinitely Finite Indivisible Singularity of having no relative, numerical value, having a numerical value of Zero-0.

Having attained relative, a numerical value of One-1 by becoming the first in a series of events, the beginning of a continuum such as Space-Time, becoming the beginning of a process such as the Evolutionary Process, that the Reality of First Cause became the direct material cause of a system Chaos that made Manifest the Heavens and the Earth, the Universe, the Reality of Everything that exists in the material sense of the Word.

“Why Something rather than Nothing?”

Notice that I capitalized the word Nothing even though nothingness is not a person, place or thing, is not a proper noun.

I say that the Heavens and the Earth, the Universe, that The Reality Everything that exists in the Material sense of the Word is a Creation, beginning with the Creation of the Reality of First Cause.

The mathematical equation explaining the Creation of the Reality of Everything, the First Singularity of Zero-0 to be converted into a singularity having a relative, numerical value of One-1, the Reality of First Cause being 0/1.

The Nothingness of the Great Void, the Darkness, that was upon the Deep, being something other than a person, place or thing; being a Fully Random Quantum State of Omnipresent Singularities, having no relative, numerical value, having a numerical value of Zero-0, the Reality of Everything existing as a Point Singularity to include Time, Space and Motion.

Time, Space and Motion existing as the Omniscient State of Infinitely Finite Indivisible Singularities having no Relative, numerical value, having a numerical value of Zero-0.The Reality of First Cause not acting upon on its own, became the first Random Singularity to become relative, to attain a numerical value of One-1.

A Random Singularity of Zero-0 upon being bumped in the Night, the Darkness of Nothingness of the Great Void, was converted, transfigured, reborn, morphed, into a Random Singularity having relative, a numerical value of One-1.

Upon very light bump in the Night, a Random Singularity having no Relative, numerical value, having a numerical value of Zero-0, made a quantum leap as it issued forth as the Reality of First Cause, as a Transcendent Singularity having a Dual quality of 0/1.
Wayne92587

Post by Wayne92587 »

Red Shift; I guess by now you know that I am not an advocate of The Theory of the Big Bang nor the Theory of an Expanding Universe, each being used to prove the existence of the Other.

In the Beginning, before the Creation of the Reality of First Cause, motion was limited to the insignificant innate inner motion of a Singularity having no relative, numerical value, having a numerical value of Zero-0 , a Singularity having relative, a numerical vale of One-1 not yet in existence until motion of the First Singularity to have angular momentum, became readily apparent, until a point singularity, the Reality of First Cause, the First point Singularity of Zero-0 became measurable as to Location and momentum in Space-Time due to the insignificant Innate Inner motion, the Vibration, Oscillation, being morphed into a Singularity that is readily apparent, due to a change into motion having angular momentum, until a Singularity of Zero-0 became measurable as to momentum and Location in what had become Space-Time.

Red Shift does exist but it is not left over from the Big Bang.

The background radiation known as Red Shift is the heat generated by the insignificant, Innate, Inner motion, Vibration, Oscillation of an unspoken of number, quantity of Point Singularities now in existence.

The Vibration, Oscillation of a Point Singularity generating Heat Energy, making a Humming Sound; OHM!
BigBango

Post by BigBango »

Wayne92587 wrote: May 15th, 2018, 11:18 am I am not sure that you can make sense of this post, but you did ask me to be more specific.
I hope that you will allow me answer and criticisms.
I thank you Wayne. I had no idea that your thinking on this subject was so deep! I am going to take issue with some of your ideas but don't let my criticism discourage you. We are approaching these issues from really different points of view and we may not even be trying to answer the same questions.

To your credit, I think you are searching for more fundamental answers than my thesis tries to tackle. In my opinion, that gives me the advantage of simply eating away at smaller chunks of the elephant we are trying to eat. I am purposely limiting my focus mainly to the relationship of the fractal layer just below our level to our level. You seem to be trying to express how the "First Cause" of reality came to be. I tend to think the universe has always been evolving, but that is another thread and I am not trying to sell it, one way or another.

I am familiar with QM in theory, if not as a tool in my workshop. I like your ideas about singularity. They are also important to my thesis. Your thesis seems to use the language of physics on a pick and choose basis, QM, Singularities but not Big Crunch, Big Bang or inflation. I also have problems with "inflation" because it expands everything in milliseconds, even "space". It feels like a fudge factor to prop up the claims of a "single" quantum fluctuation rather than a simultaneous set of dispersed fluctuations.

I am trying to avoid any religious crutches in my theory and look for natural explanations. You seem to be drifting on occasion into religious connotations that we "philosophers" want to replace with epistemological thought about things all derived from our postulates that yield "Truth". :D

I am relying on a common sense narrative, heavy with speculation. I am making assertions about our lower level fractal reality that could never be confirmed or rejected by a QM empirical trial. The basis for my truths comes from my belief that fractal "forms" retain their essence from one layer to the next.

QM will never discover the nature of the lower realities. It works almost exactly the opposite of a microscope. It imposes artificially a discreetness (pixelation) of space. Thus Plancs constant which comes from the interference of wave forms between the particles of nature and the particles of the instruments observing them. Thus we pay a heavy price for such a heavy empirical hand. It also causes the Heisenberg uncertainty principle.

Of course some of your symbolic helpers need further explanations. For example, One - 1 , Zero - 0 and 0/1 are not undefined in math, just the use of names rather than numbers. I think 1/0 would better serve your thesis since that is undefined in math.

Cheers Wayne!!
Wayne92587

Post by Wayne92587 »

I do not see my use of Religious terms as being a crutch.

In order for the Universe to be a creation it must be born of Magic, Nothing, must appear right out of the Clear Blue Sky, must appear from out of nowhere, from somewhere far-out in Left Field.

0/1 is an explanation of " Why" there is Something rather than Nothing.
The Universe, the Empirical being born of Nothingness, the material being born of the Non-Material.

Zero-0 is a point Singularity, is not an empirical Reality, One-1.
A Singularity of One-1 being born of Nothingness, Zero-0

Neither a point Singularity nor an Empirical Singularity is Transcendental.
A Singularity having a dual quality," 0/1", however, is transcendental.

0/1 is an explanation of how there is something rather than nothing, something being Nothingness reborn.

From Tao Te Ching chapter One-1;

As a Singularity having a Dual Quality burst forth, issued forth from out of the Darkness, the Darkness of a Great Void,
the two being so separate and distinctly different, one from the other, that the two where given different names even though the two were the same, both being a Singularity.

My belief that the Universe, the Heaven ant the Earth, the Reality of Everything that exists in the material, Physical, sense of the word is born of Nothingness is very Scientific.

As above so below, as below so above; the two as such being the whole of a Singular Reality.
danellender
New Trial Member

Post by danellender »

I have one question regarding this thread. How can a singularity as described, a mathematical "0" come to have a fractal structure? I see the common sense notion that galaxies have a fractal structure, and astronomers theorize that a black hole is at the center of our own galaxy. But is there an explanation that explains how a black hole would 'create' a galaxy, or a singularity would 'create' a fractal structure? And even if we theorize that the black hole was created by gravitational forces after which it began capturing matter, again there is no explanation for the creation of this fractal structure.

Again, it's common sense, this is how humans intuitively perceive fractals; by their shape. But for those with a math background, from what would this fractal nature come into being?
BigBango

Post by BigBango »

danellender wrote: May 16th, 2018, 3:17 pm I have one question regarding this thread. How can a singularity as described, a mathematical "0" come to have a fractal structure? I see the common sense notion that galaxies have a fractal structure, and astronomers theorize that a black hole is at the center of our own galaxy. But is there an explanation that explains how a black hole would 'create' a galaxy, or a singularity would 'create' a fractal structure? And even if we theorize that the black hole was created by gravitational forces after which it began capturing matter, again there is no explanation for the creation of this fractal structure.

Again, it's common sense, this is how humans intuitively perceive fractals; by their shape. But for those with a math background, from what would this fractal nature come into being?
I would assume Wayne would have a different answer than I am going to give you. But I will do my best.

To get some context here we should realize that our galaxy has thousands of black holes. The big one at the center of our galaxy is huge and typical of most observable galaxies. I don't think gravity causes black holes rather a very compact mass causes them by creating a singularity or rupture in space-time. The rotation of a black hole is also an important characteristic. Black holes can also be created in particle accelerators. At least they use to worry about that. Another player in galaxy formation is dark matter and dark energy, of which, we haven't pinned down except that dark matter is abundant and clustered around galaxies, accounting for about 80% of the mass of a galaxy.

I happened to notice that theoretical descriptions of quarks that cause the strong force in neutrons/protons also have rotational speed and look to me like little black holes.

I then speculate that they are not only little black holes to us maybe they were the centers of galaxies before the Big Crunch/ Big Bang. The Crunch may have ignited and released the mass in their black holes but did not destroy the singularities. Those singularities were dispersed into the plasma of the Big Bang. Then in the cooling they became quarks or the strong force seeds of our primordial atoms.

While that transformation seems implausible, I like it better than a random fluctuation of "Nothing" as a potential cause of our familiar world. It is a transform of little galaxies into huge galaxies, not really violating the 2nd law of thermodynamics like a QM fluctuation does.

The other force that preserves the essence and form of the galactic worlds before and after the Big Bang was a flight or separation of civilizations from their mother galactic centers (our quarks) to avoid the Big Crunch. That flight was then followed by a return of those civilizations to the cooled matter where they began the animation of our molecules to suit their needs for energy and adventure.
Wayne92587

Post by Wayne92587 »

BingoBango; Nothing creates a Black Whole. In the Beginning that was only Darkness upon the Deep. Black Holes are everlasting, eternal. There is no beginning no End to the Darkness upon the Deep, a Black Whole.

danellender; In the beginning there was only Darkness upon the Deep.

The essence of a Blank Hole is that the Black Whole exists as an omniscient of State of Quantum Singularity.
The Black Whole is an Infinite Fractal, the Transcendental (Metaphysical) Fully Random Quantum State of Singularity.

The existence of the most minute particle in the Universe, being a Point Singularity, an Infinitely Finite Indivisible Singularity having no relative, numerical value, having a numerical value of Zero-0, Nada, Zip, Zilch, Nothing.

The existence or non existence of a Point Singularity is Uncertain, not being readily apparent, not being measurable as to location and Momentum in Space-Time or in the Great Void of a Black Whole.

The Darkness upon the Deep, a Black Whole, Dark matter, is the Fractal.

The Omnipresence of an unspoken of number, quantity, of point Singularities, of an Infinitely Finite Indivisible Singularity having no relative, numerical, value, having a numerical value of Zero-0, Nothing, filling the Great Void, the Omniscience of the State of Singularity.

In order for Creation to begin, Something must become that same as Nothing or if you prefer Nothing must become the same as Something.

Nothingness, the essence of the Universe, A Black Whole in Fractal Form being, a Singularity having no relative, numerical value must be reborn a Singularity having relative, a Numerical value of One-1.

A Singularity of Zero-0, the holding point, a Point Singularity, to be Morphed into First Singularity to have a relative, numeral value of One-1; the Reality of First Cause, simply by being the First in a series, the beginning of a continuum such as Space-Time, the beginning of a process such as the Evolutionary Process.

0/1 explains how nothing is the same as something.

The essence of a Blank Hole is that the Black Whole exists as an omniscient of State of Quantum Singularity.
The Black Whole is an Infinite Fractal, the Transcendental (Metaphysical) Fully Random Quantum State of Singularity.

The existence of the most minute partical in the Universe, being a Point Singularity, an Infinitely Finite Indivisible Singularity having no relative, numerical value, having a numerical value of Zero-0, Nada, Zip, Zilch, Nothing.

The existence or non existence of a Point Singularity is Uncertain, not being readily apparent, not being measurable as to location and Momentum in Space-Time or in the Great Void of a Black Whole.

The Darkness upon the Deep, a Black Whole, Dark matter is the Fractal.
The Omnipresence of an unspoken of number, quantity, of point Singularities, of an Infinitely Finite Indivisible Singularity having no relative, numerical,value, having a numerical value of Zero-0, Nothing, filling the Great Void, the Omniscience of the State of Singularity.

In order for Creation to begin Something must become that same as Nothing or if you prefer Nothing must become the same as Something.

Nothingness, the essence of the Universe, A Black Whole in Fractal Form being, a Singularity having no relative, numerical value must be reborn a Singularity having relative, a Numerical value of One-1.

A Singularity of Zero-0, the holding point, a Point Singularity, to be Morphed into First Singularity have a relative, numeral value of One-1, the Reality of First Cause simply by being the First in a series, the beginning of a continuum such as Space-Time, the beginning of a process such as the Evolutionary Process.

0/1 explains how nothing is the same as something.

Danellender;
Wayne92587

Post by Wayne92587 »

BingoBango;
I then speculate that they are not only little black holes to us maybe they were the centers of galaxies before the Big Crunch/ Big Bang. The Crunch may have ignited and released the mass in their black holes but did not destroy the singularities. Those singularities were dispersed into the plasma of the Big Bang. Then in the cooling they became quarks or the strong force seeds of our primordial atoms.

While that transformation seems implausible, I like it better than a random fluctuation of "Nothing" as a potential cause of our familiar world
No!

What you refer to as random fluctuation of "Nothing" Is the system of Chaos began by the conversion of a Singularity of Zero-0 into the Reality of First Cause , which became that direct cause of the system chaos that made manifest the Heavens and the Earth, The Universe, the Reality of Everything that exists in the Material sense of the Word.

The Darkness upon the Deep, a Black Whole, Nothingness, The Essence of the Universe, the unspoken of Quantity of Infinite, Indivisible Singularities that have no relative, numerical value, that have a numerical value of Zero-0, the omnipresent Points Singularities that fill the omniscience of the Transcendental (Metaphysical) Fully Random Omniscient Quantum State of Singularity.
BigBango

Post by BigBango »

Wayne, you need to make your narrative about the world more accessible to us by translating it into philosophical terms, metaphysics & epistemology are the language of philosophy and if you cannot do that then look for other forums where you might find a better fit.

In this thread I am presenting a new theory of reality and I am trying to express it in commonly acceptable philosophical terms.

The arguments going on in this forum are interesting and backed up by serious thinkers who defend their arguments with vigor, clever analysis and very relevant references to the greatest of our philosophical thinkers.

My theory is off the charts and I don't blame the philosophers here for being reticent to embrace my ideas.

I have a fairly strong background in philosophy, science and artificial intelligence. I don't claim to be an expert in any of these fields but I have work experience in simulating neural networks and a fairly good understanding of quantum mechanics for a wannabe philosopher. I have studied Whitehead extensively. I have a good understanding of Leibniz, Kant, Schopenhauer, Plato, Aristotle, Searle, Penrose and Heidegger. That is my background.

My theory of the fractal evolution of the universe has been at least ten years in the making. It has gone through many changes and has now evolved into what I claim is a comprehensible alternative to the usual debates between physicalists, of many stripes, and pan-psychists.

What makes these erudite arguments, on this forum, so beside the point is that quantum mechanics has stifled their tongue. If one accepts quantum mechanics as the explanatory account of the origin of our world then the history of our world has been killed in favor of what we have needs no explanation.

Sorry, but I cannot accept that explanation of our world. What I have discovered is that our familiar world, as within telescopically observable things, is the remnants of a world of galaxies that collapsed. This thread is an effort to account for what happened to these galactic entities that suffered such a catastrophe.

We need to ask ourselves why would not there have been all the elements of a world of galaxies before this collapse (The Big Crunch). An aged world of galaxies would have civilizations that had advanced technologies. They escaped the Big Crunch/Big Bang and waited for the plasmic mess to cool. They have come back to a world where their galactic centers are now mere neutrons. They are dwarfed by the newly configured arrangement of their world.

Our job is not to debate whether "experiential states" result from the pure physicality of our world or whether "experiential states result from a pan-psychist view of the world. Our job is to figure out how much of our being is still resident in our technologically armed creators and how much is projected into a simulated bot nature of nervous tissue. We are some combination of bot-matter (physicality) and being that has experiential states.

No one yet in this forum has addressed the fact that the visual cortex has a left of eye picture in one part of the brain and a right of eye picture on the other side of the visual cortex and yet our experiential view is of an integrated field of vision,. Crick could not solve that dilemma. But physicalists ignore it.

Return to “Epistemology and Metaphysics”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream