Is a priori knowledge possible?

Discuss any topics related to metaphysics (the philosophical study of the principles of reality) or epistemology (the philosophical study of knowledge) in this forum.
Wayne92587
Favorite Philosopher: Hermese Trismegistus

Re: Is a priori knowledge possible?

Post by Wayne92587 »

Paradigmer; Your train of thought are fundamentally similar to those that were advocated throughout the Eastern and Western cultures for at least five millenniums. Your propositions phrased in your own wordings, as vague as they were, have some striking similarities with such ontological theses and teleological scriptures.

The Big Bang model is nonsense.

“A Bump in the Night” is merely a delimited perception in the optical bandwidth.
Wayne wrote;
My quest began with the denial of the Big Bang Theory before I had any knowledge of it's absurdity.

As they say the Tao is not a path; I consider my interest in Tao to be a Quest.

My train of thought, propositions phrased in my own wordings, that you see as being as vague, yet having some striking similarities with such ontological theses and teleological scriptures, are such simply because my quest is born of my own personal interpretation of Forbidden, Secret, Sacred, Religious Knowledge, from Tao Te Ching, to the wisdom of Adam, Thoth, Hermes Trismagistus, As above so below, as below so above, to alchemy, First, Original, Sin, my theory as to the Creation of the Physical Universe, the Reality of Everything.0/1

I believe that chapter One-1 of Tao The Ching is directly related to the Emerald Table of Hermes Trimegistus, as above so below, so below as above, thoth.

After having given some thought to The Theory of the Big Bang I woke up one morning knowing that Ultimate Reality existed as a Singularity whose motion consisted of a Vibration, an Oscillation, said Infinitely Finite Indivisible Singularity making a Humming Sound, "OHM". No doubt using my own words that my propositions seem vague, however being in my own words rather that using Technical Terminology simply makes my language more easily understood. Why? Because Language due to the use of metaphors, the Knowledge of Good and Evil, Priori Knowledge, we are talking about Prior Knowledge.

Surely you know what it is, that goes bump in the Night. Ghosts, apparitions, go bump in the Night; a Reality, a substance that has no Mass, Affects.

The Creation of the Heavens began with the Transfiguration of a Singularity of Zero-0, began with a bump in the night, Displacement of a Singularity having no relative, numerical value, a Singularity of Zero-0 was converted into a Singularity of One-1, into the Reality of First Cause; being without cause, an affect, a random Infinitely Finite Indivisible Singularity of Zero-0 being reborn a Singularity having relative, a numerical value of One-1.

Ultimate Reality existing as an unknown quantity of omnipresent Singularities existing as a Field that was made manifest, the Omniscient Fully Random Quantum State of Singularity.

-- Updated June 18th, 2017, 7:39 am to add the following --

Adam's first sign of Wisdom came about as Adam heard the voice of God, covered himself and hid in the Bushes. God asked, who told you that you were naked?

Adam replied; no one told me that I was naked.

In my own wisdom, I deduced that I was actually born Flawed, incomplete, that I was not born fully Clothed, That I was born Bare (less than a mere Animal) that I was born without Specifications; a true, a mere, animal being born fully as specified, complete, that I was Free to become more than a mere Animal.
I realized that I am Boundless, Free to do as I will, Free to challenge the ways of the World as they stand.

An animal treating his kind, everything, as though it were a straw dog.

-- Updated June 18th, 2017, 9:30 am to add the following --

I define Tao as being the Human Way.

This is a rough draft and as such is subject to change.

Those that think that the knowledge of Tao, the Human Way, is to be derived from a single source find that his or here knowledge of Reality is a Rationalization is an Illusion of Reality, has a duel quality, is Absolutely Bad knowledge mistaken to be Absolutely Good Knowledge.

Absolutely Bad Knowledge (the Knowledge of Reality derived from a Single Source (Priori Knowledge) has a dual quality, is given two Names as it issues forth from the Rational Mind: Rationalization, the Rational mind being likened to a Tree that bares Fruit. The Knowledge of Reality as it issue forth from the Rational Mind having a dual quality, given two names.

If and when Man, Human, Kind, he and she recognize that although having different names, the Knowledge of Reality born of a Single Source, that Priori Knowledge, the Knowledge of Good and Evil; Absolutely Bad Knowledge mistaken to be Absolutely Good Knowledge, that these two, the Knowledge of Good and Evil being born of rationalization, that Priori Knowledge is an Illusion of Reality, that these two are the One in the same. Absolutely Bad Knowledge , the Greatest cause of Unnecessary Suffering, unnecessary because it is not born of Science, the World of Reality, is an Illusion, is mistaken to be Absolutely Good Knowledge.

Relative to the knowledge of Good and Evil, Evil can not exist without Good and Good can not exist without Evil. This of course only pertains to the Knowledge of Good and Evil, the two that issue from the Single Source, Rationalization, Knowledge having a dual quality.

Mystery upon Mystery, it is the knowledge of Reality born of Rationalization, Priori Knowledge, the knowledge of Good and Evil, Knowledge born of Rationalization that has Caused the downfall of Man, while at the same time giving Animal Man the Wisdom of a Humane Kind, the Knowledge of Tao, Humankind; this being the Gateway to the Stars,
Paradigmer

Post by Paradigmer »

Wayne92587 wrote: Those that think that the knowledge of Tao, the Human Way, is to be derived from a single source find that his or here knowledge of Reality is a Rationalization is an Illusion of Reality, has a duel quality, is Absolutely Bad knowledge mistaken to be Absolutely Good Knowledge.

Absolutely Bad Knowledge (the Knowledge of Reality derived from a Single Source (Priori Knowledge) has a dual quality, is given two Names as it issues forth from the Rational Mind: Rationalization, the Rational mind being likened to a Tree that bares Fruit. The Knowledge of Reality as it issue forth from the Rational Mind having a dual quality, given two names.

If and when Man, Human, Kind, he and she recognize that although having different names, the Knowledge of Reality born of a Single Source, that Priori Knowledge, the Knowledge of Good and Evil; Absolutely Bad Knowledge mistaken to be Absolutely Good Knowledge, that these two, the Knowledge of Good and Evil being born of rationalization, that Priori Knowledge is an Illusion of Reality, that these two are the One in the same. Absolutely Bad Knowledge , the Greatest cause of Unnecessary Suffering, unnecessary because it is not born of Science, the World of Reality, is an Illusion, is mistaken to be Absolutely Good Knowledge.

Relative to the knowledge of Good and Evil, Evil can not exist without Good and Good can not exist without Evil. This of course only pertains to the Knowledge of Good and Evil, the two that issue from the Single Source, Rationalization, Knowledge having a dual quality.

Mystery upon Mystery, it is the knowledge of Reality born of Rationalization, Priori Knowledge, the knowledge of Good and Evil, Knowledge born of Rationalization that has Caused the downfall of Man, while at the same time giving Animal Man the Wisdom of a Humane Kind, the Knowledge of Tao, Humankind; this being the Gateway to the Stars,
IMO, we live in the realm of Maya, which would autonomously and ultimately cause the end results for the "Rationalization" of any groupthink, even with the best minds and their best intends, to mistake "Absolutely Bad Knowledge" as "Absolutely Good Knowledge". This is even so, if not worst, for many that had claimed divine revelations with "knowledge" that came beyond the "Rationalization" of the mind. Least to say for those under par "Rationalizations". Human specie is nonetheless an ignorant breed that has had evolved in the domain of Maya within its manifold of subliminal negations. Sorts of like can only get out of the frying pan just to fall into the fire kind of stuff all the times on whatever being asserted as good.

Absurdities such as the Big Bang, which has prevailed for 88 years, and is still holding up, is not plainly caused by "Rationalization". It is caused by the nature of this topsy-turvy world as a result of its manifold negations that are causing all sorts of delusions and deceits that gave supports to it from every manifestable aspects of its natural negations.

For those onlookers who are curious about the bold assertion, check this out: "The cognitive paradox fallacy in Big Bang model on expansion of space".

Lao Tzu had a famous quote that implies "Nothing is wrong with this world, it is the mediocre who stirs up the worries." Translated from the quote in Mandarin: “天下本无事,庸人自扰” - 老子

Nature has its own course; let nature takes its own course.

We are entering the Age of Aquarius, and the upliftments of consciousness all over the world seems to be very happening everywhere in many aspects. If the underlying course of nature is destined to be changed for the Earth, for good or for bad, it would be unstoppable. No use ranting, really.

Dao De Ching chapter 25: "人法地, 地法天, 天法道, 道法自然." - 老子

-- Updated June 20th, 2017, 1:23 pm to add the following --

Have to disclaim that the English translations for Dao De Ching, is far from its essence; just take them as reference.

-- Updated June 21st, 2017, 3:02 am to add the following --

In the Appendix A of the book "A New Science of Life", Dr. Rupert Sheldrake shows that many chemical compounds had change their melting points over time. He postulated that different regions of the cosmos has different properties that affect the morphic field, which could resonate to alter the physical properties of the compounds.

It is a fact that Earth carried by the Sun, is also carried by the Milky Way to move into different regions of space with its motions in its galaxy cluster.

Let just say, if the physical property a chemical compound is thus changed such that it makes human all over the world as a species change a behavior, for the better or for the worst, it would be unstoppable. In Taoism, this would be reckoned as a heavenly will.

-- Updated June 21st, 2017, 9:24 am to add the following --

Anyone interested to explore an a priori knowledge of the ~26,000-year axial precession cycle of the Earth, so as to understand how modern astronomy fundamentally messed this up in its science delusion, can check this out: "The UVS inductive resolution on the axial precession of the Earth".

An absolutely bad knowledge of the modern astronomy, superseded the absolutely good knowledge of a 2,500 year old discovery, would bring great suffering to humanity globally with its illusion of knowledge.

Given the accumulated absolute bad deeds done by the human specie, mistaken as absolutely good deeds, one way or another in this cause and effect world, is this not the heavenly will that the great suffering for the human kind is inevitable in this Maya world?

-- Updated June 21st, 2017, 10:30 am to add the following --

In many sound scientific discoveries, the Anthropogenic Global Warming is an absolutely bad knowledge, and this science delusion is mistaken as an absolutely good knowledge in climate science. As a result, global resources are being exhaustively poured into a problem that does not exist, and the real global problems of a Little Ice Age that is soon happening, are being overlooked and disregarded. Some climate scientists have been struggling for trying to reverse the course to no avail, and they faced the extreme warths of the authority that has been so embraced by the world populace at large. Maya at work.

-- Updated June 21st, 2017, 10:48 am to add the following --

The anticipated Little Ice Age with its climate minima expected to happen in 2031, if ill prepared, would have dire consequences globally.
Wayne92587

Post by Wayne92587 »

[quote]Paradigmer;

Given the accumulated absolute bad deeds done by the human specie, mistaken as absolutely good deeds, one way or another in this cause and effect world, is this not the heavenly will that the great suffering for the human kind is inevitable in this Maya world?

for good or for bad, it would be unstoppable. No use ranting, really.

I do not believe this to be true!

I have no intentions of letting sleeping dogs lay.

It is the translation of ancient knowledge, not the interpretation of that is the cause of the confusion.

You are the first person to have even a slight understanding of my thought.

I do not have enough time left in my life to study, to get into, the Maya World, it makes no difference.

I believe that all ancient knowledge, myth, symbols, metaphors, Astrology used in reference to forbidden Knowledge to be of the same source, it is only in translation that so many false ideas are made manifest, that all sacred Knowledge when spoken of becomes an abortion, an abomination, irreverent.

The creator god’s of the Emerald Tablet, Hermes Trismegistus and Thoth
(the God of Knowledge); the Moon also showing some relationship with Knowledge.

Priori Knowledge, Knowledge that can not gleaned through experience, is born of thought, Thoth,

Priori, forbidden, secret, sacred, hidden, Divine, Knowledge, Myths, Astrology, all being of the same source,

-- Updated June 28th, 2017, 12:03 pm to add the following --

The Immortal Spirit of God , the seed of all living things (Living things being defined as any and everything that exist in the material sense of the word, even a rock.

Boundlessness, the Immortal Spirit of God, having been breathed into Mankind’s nostrils, the Immortal Spirit of Boundlessness, that the Spirit of God became a Living Soul, God alive in the Flesh, in the Flesh Body of Mankind, he and she.

Priori Knowledge is more than a simple example of a reality that can not be experienced.

Priori knowledge even, though not being born of experience, its source being unknown, is interactive in that it has a tremendous affect upon our everyday lives, our relationships, our feelings and belief systems, and the potential Realities we draw toward us.

The interpretation of Priori Knowledge is drawn to us by the desire and hope that, in opening, in the creation, of this akashic book of knowledge, that the creation of Priori Knowledge, Knowledge born of the Air, the akashic Book of Life, that the experience of this knowledge will be one of helpfulness and hopefulness.

The correct, true, interpretation of Forbidden, Secret, Hidden, Sacred, Astrology, Priori Knowledge, is Devined, of born of the Air, Nothingness.

Priori Knowledge is born of Mankind’s, his and her innate ability to glean the Knowledge of Reality from the Clear Blue Sky, from the nothingness, the Air, from the Ether.

It is the Evolution of the Psychic, the two becoming One, “that which is above becoming the same as that which is below”, Mind and Body, the Whole of a Singular Reality.
Paradigmer

Post by Paradigmer »

Wayne92587 wrote:I do not believe this to be true!

I have no intentions of letting sleeping dogs lay.
“Nature is relentless and unchangeable, and it is indifferent as to whether its hidden reasons and actions are understandable to man or not.” - Galileo Galilei

The majority of mankind kills other living things globally on a routine basis just to fill their bellies, and are oblivious to their evilness. Newton third law is the principle that can scientifically explicate this cause and effect world, which described as karma in Buddhism and Hinduism.

Mull over it, let me know if you think this inhumane deed of mankind, would not bring about a global scale retribution, or collective karma.
Wayne92587 wrote:It is the translation of ancient knowledge, not the interpretation of that is the cause of the confusion.

You are the first person to have even a slight understanding of my thought.

I do not have enough time left in my life to study, to get into, the Maya World, it makes no difference.

The creator god’s of the Emerald Tablet, Hermes Trismegistus and Thoth
(the God of Knowledge); the Moon also showing some relationship with Knowledge.
I take this as a compliment. Thanks. :)

IMO, in this Maya world, any interpretation gets distorted even at its best, and the translations makes it worst with all sorts of corruptions that are inevitable.

Every interpretation is merely an anisotropy vision with delimited perceptions at different levels, and it can never be a complete view. Ancient wisdom cited example of blind men and an elephants to describe this. As I briefly read, the
Emerald Table of Hermes Trimegistus did not get past the Sun and the Moon; it did not even clearly mention star systems, let alone the galaxy clusters, let me know what did I missed.

Occult practices are still happening in the modern era with divine channelings, despite some were nonetheless awesome with what were being asserted, but I still could not find one that could give an accurate account of what modern astronomy has uncovered. Not that I agreed entirely with what the authority of modern astronomy are predicating what they believe or think they had observed.

BTW, the Singularity of Zero-0 you are postulating, is apparently the underlying mechanism that manifest the Maya world. The Vedas studies on Maya, is to overcome it, so as to end the cause and effect realm of endless suffering to return to the realm of the oneness state that creates it. The Buddhism called this nirvana, the Hinduism called this Samadhi, other cultures gave it different terms.
Wayne92587 wrote:I believe that all ancient knowledge, myth, symbols, metaphors, Astrology used in reference to forbidden Knowledge to be of the same source, it is only in translation that so many false ideas are made manifest, that all sacred Knowledge when spoken of becomes an abortion, an abomination, irreverent.

Priori Knowledge, Knowledge that can not gleaned through experience, is born of thought, Thoth,

Priori, forbidden, secret, sacred, hidden, Divine, Knowledge, Myths, Astrology, all being of the same source,

-- Updated June 28th, 2017, 12:03 pm to add the following --
I can agree with this, but it still seems to be the anisotropy views of the same source from different levels, delimited in different bandwidth, distorted to different degree, some corrupted to be beyond recognition or is comprehensible at all.

For example, IMO, the famous astrology of the Chinese Zi Wei Dou Shu (紫微斗數) was completely corrupted and misinterpreted in its delusional observations, naturally negated in a topsy-turvy manner. This myth is now conclusively debunked in modern astronomy.
Wayne92587 wrote:The Immortal Spirit of God , the seed of all living things (Living things being defined as any and everything that exist in the material sense of the word, even a rock.

Boundlessness, the Immortal Spirit of God, having been breathed into Mankind’s nostrils, the Immortal Spirit of Boundlessness, that the Spirit of God became a Living Soul, God alive in the Flesh, in the Flesh Body of Mankind, he and she.
Agreed with this in principle.
Wayne92587 wrote:Priori Knowledge is more than a simple example of a reality that can not be experienced.

Priori knowledge even, though not being born of experience, its source being unknown, is interactive in that it has a tremendous affect upon our everyday lives, our relationships, our feelings and belief systems, and the potential Realities we draw toward us.

The interpretation of Priori Knowledge is drawn to us by the desire and hope that, in opening, in the creation, of this akashic book of knowledge, that the creation of Priori Knowledge, Knowledge born of the Air, the akashic Book of Life, that the experience of this knowledge will be one of helpfulness and hopefulness.

The correct, true, interpretation of Forbidden, Secret, Hidden, Sacred, Astrology, Priori Knowledge, is Devined, of born of the Air, Nothingness.

Priori Knowledge is born of Mankind’s, his and her innate ability to glean the Knowledge of Reality from the Clear Blue Sky, from the nothingness, the Air, from the Ether.

It is the Evolution of the Psychic, the two becoming One, “that which is above becoming the same as that which is below”, Mind and Body, the Whole of a Singular Reality.
“that which is above becoming the same as that which is below” was explicated in Dao De Jing more than two millennium ago, and Ether was described as Chi in Taoism. Different cultures gave them different terms, and it does appear to come from thin air.

What you describe as prior knowledge, boarders on divine revelation. Semantically, most philosophers would not agree this is a prior knowledge; knowledge is well defined as justified true belief. A belief thought as true, seems true, but cannot be justified, is categorically not knowledge. You might be surprised many scientists do believe that God exists.

Let me know what your prior knowledge could amount to, or how could it be pragmatically useful or beneficial at all.

-- Updated June 30th, 2017, 8:44 am to add the following --

Talking about the Evolution of the Psychic, Dr. Sheldrake had made a very compelling experiment on Psychic Parrot.

Can anyone debunk this?

-- Updated June 30th, 2017, 8:57 am to add the following --

IMO. Giordano Bruno did better than the Emerald Table of Hermes Trim, he even correctly extended the Copernican model.

But what did those men of God, who claim to have absolute prior knowledge through divine source, did to him?

-- Updated July 1st, 2017, 12:19 am to add the following --

There are some resonated audible cosmic sounds we could hear when we mediate on it.

Some Hindu/Buddhism mediate on "OM", other Vedic practice mediates on "HUE", as well as other tones. It is said that these are inner sounds of the heavens.

The NASA Voyage when flew past Jupiter, recorded a tone, and this one is conclusively generated by Jupiter: Jupiter sound

This audible tone of Jupiter is strange to some, but soothing to others.

If you are on a wobbling structure that oscillates at an inaudible frequency, its manifested harmonics in the audible bandwidth could be heard as an inner sound that resonates to transmit within the structure.

IMO, your postulated Singularity Zero-0, is an underlying oscillating nested structure that is capable of this feat.
Wayne92587

Post by Wayne92587 »

[quote] The Sun and the Moon.

The Sun is the Light unto the World, the World of Reality as seen in the Light of Day.

When the Light was separated from the Darkness, the Day from the Night, a second Great Light was Created, was separated out from in between the Light and the Darkness; Morning, First, Light defined by some as being the Light of Lucifer, the Morning Star, Venus, Mars.

Second Light being Twice Light, Twilight, is acutely a mere reflection of the Light of Reality, the Sun, is an Illusion; of course in order for an Illusion to exist said Illusion must be mistaken to be a Reality.

This light is separated from the Darkness at Day Break and again just after the setting of the Light of Day, the Sun.
The Twilight Zone being a location where thinly veiled shadowy creatures, Illusion of Reality, lurk, in the darkest corners of the Mind.

As above, so below, as below so above.
This describes a Singularity that has a dual Quality, A Real Whole Number, a fractal, fraction, which of course has a numerator and a denominator, or as I see it the numerator is an enumerator, the one speaks and the denominator being the one that acts, the Duality of Mind and Body.

A Fractal, Fraction, is a real number, entity, but not a whole number, is flawed, incomplete. When the Numerator is equal to or less than the Denominator, the Fractal is a Real Number, even though incomplete, flawed.

In order for a fractal to retain it Identity as a real number, the numerator must be no greater than the denominator; should, if and when, the numerator becomes greater than the denominator, the Fractal becomes an Irrational Number, Entity.

The Evolution of the Psychic allows for the Two, the Fractal to become a Real Whole Number, mind and body, male and female, to become one; as above so below, as below so above.

In the beginning there was only the Singularity of God; God having no relative, numerical value, having a numerical value of Zero-0.
The Reality of Everything that exists in the material sense of the word, the Heavens and the Earth, the Universe, was born of God, Nothingness.

By definition, not conjecture, God can not be proven to exist or not to exist, the Reality, the existence or non-existence of God is, “Uncertain”.

However I can prove that by definition God does exist.

God has to exist, being that the Reality of Everything that exists in the material sense of the word, even a rock, the Heavens and the Earth, the Universe is born of the Reality of God, Nothingness, owes its existence to a Singularity having no relative, numerical value, having a numerical value of Zero-0, Nothingness.

Motionless, the motion of God as a Singularity is meaningless; displacement in Time, Space and Motion did not exist in the Beginning, when God, Singularity, when only Nothingness existed.

“The so called audible tone of Jupiter (Ohm) is strange to some, but soothing to others” is actually the audible tone of a Singularity of Zero-0, of Single Particle of pure unadulterated Energy.

In the Beginning when Singularity, Zero-0, when nothingness, God was the only thing in existence, before Time, Space and Motion became differentiated, motion, the motion of a Singularity of Zero-0, God existed without displacement, without angular momentum, without velocity of speed and direction, Motion, the motion of a singularity of Zero-0 existed as the insignificant inner, innate motion of a Singular Particle of pure unadulterated energy, causing a singular Particle of Pure Unadulterated Energy, a Singularity of Zero-0, to make a Humming sound.

The insignificant inner, innate motion, Vibration, Oscillation, Excitation, of a Singularity of Zero-0, God, in the form of a vibration, oscillation, Pure Unadulterated, the Eternal Energy that makes a humming sound, OHM , the Immortal Passion of God is the seed of all living things.
NicoL

Post by NicoL »

This is a long thread and it is quite possible every position has already been covered, but it is interesting and I do have some spare time, so here goes:

Yes, I believe it is possible in two ways, for any one of us to have a priori knowledge. First, through evolution, we can come to believe certain propositions that help us survive in our environment. Baby reflexes can be taken to amount to such knowledge. Someone may argue that these are innate/native skills and not propositional knowledge, but, on a functionalist understanding of propositions as complexes of dispositions instead of mental entities, the distinction disappears.

The second way is not really a way of acquiring such knowledge, in the sense that there is no natural/causal process to acquire it, such as learning or evolution. We just have it, or rather it is necessary that we know some propositions a priori. These are formal propositions and they include logical laws, basic mathematical and ontological statements. We know them in virtue of the structure of the universe.
Wayne92587

Post by Wayne92587 »

If priori were not something special we would not need a special title.

-- Updated July 5th, 2017, 11:30 am to add the following --

Special Knowledge is a creation, isnot born of experience, is not inborn. A Creation is an original product of the mind. Priori knowledge being a product of the Universal Mind. Great minds think a like.
All of Mankind has a similar mint set.
Paradigmer

Post by Paradigmer »

Wayne92587 wrote:After having given some thought to The Theory of the Big Bang I woke up one morning knowing that Ultimate Reality existed as a Singularity whose motion consisted of a Vibration, an Oscillation, said Infinitely Finite Indivisible Singularity making a Humming Sound, "OHM". No doubt using my own words that my propositions seem vague, however being in my own words rather that using Technical Terminology simply makes my language more easily understood. Why? Because Language due to the use of metaphors, the Knowledge of Good and Evil, Priori Knowledge, we are talking about Prior Knowledge.
There are YouTube videos on the space sounds of the Sun, and some suggested this is the Ohm sound the Hindus meditate on. IMO, the tone is encased in the heliosphere, and thus could reflect to resonate on Earth, thus people who mediate on its resonated audible harmonic, could hear it as an inner sound.

The video on Cymatic Frequencies illustrates that resonated vibrations tones have organizing effects on physical objects. I can believe it can be extrapolated to have healing or well being effects.

But, why do you seem to assert or imply that the humming sound "OHM", is Prior Knowledge in its unadulterated form?
Wayne92587

Post by Wayne92587 »

It seems as though a number of my posts have disappeared from the Forum!
Or that I only imagined that I have made these posts.
The missing posts are important in my thoughts on OHM, which is used in the measurement of Electricity.
Fan of Science

Post by Fan of Science »

In math, we have knowledge of all sorts of things that have no empirical reference. Like the concept of infinity. That's knowledge, without any empirical basis. So, yes, knowledge can exist without any empirical basis for it.
Paradigmer

Post by Paradigmer »

Fan of Science wrote:In math, we have knowledge of all sorts of things that have no empirical reference. Like the concept of infinity. That's knowledge, without any empirical basis. So, yes, knowledge can exist without any empirical basis for it.
I agreed that math can validate all sorts of things that have no empirical reference. It indeed could illustrate the concept of infinity. The proven know-how of a mathematical analysis, without any empirical basis, can conclusively validate what it asserts with its postulated axiom in the domain of its subjective reality that emulates an actuality it analyzes.

Math is absolutely an effective tool for pragmatic theory of truth. A lot of technological wonders, could not be possible without the know-how of mathematics.

Nonetheless, in the theory of knowledge, the pragmatic theory of truth, cannot be a criteria of truth.

Knowledge in epistemology, is justified true belief. Thus, the proposition knowledge of mathematics when refers to reality for whatever that are being emulated in math, can never be reckoned as knowledge since they cannot be conclusively regarded as true in the objective reality.

To assert the deductions of mathematics is knowledge that can conclusively predicate with its reference to reality, such as the concept of infinity, would lead to all sorts of science delusion in their fallacy of misplaced concreteness.

Here is why: Critiques of the scientific method

p.s. In case your browser after having linked to the above website, did not bring your screen to the section on "Critiques of scientific method", scroll up or down to locate it, or use the find function of your browser.
Fan of Science

Post by Fan of Science »

Oh, yes, the old gibberish about "justified, true belief." Now, since science proceeds based on induction, it is impossible to know if many of its claims are true. There is also nothing about "justified, true belief" that rules out knowledge about the concept of infinity in mathematics, any more than it does knowledge about the concept of zero in mathematics. By the way, what proof is there that knowledge requires justified, true belief? There isn't one.
Paradigmer

Post by Paradigmer »

Fan of Science wrote:Oh, yes, the old gibberish about "justified, true belief." Now, since science proceeds based on induction, it is impossible to know if many of its claims are true. There is also nothing about "justified, true belief" that rules out knowledge about the concept of infinity in mathematics, any more than it does knowledge about the concept of zero in mathematics.
Ah, yes, the old gibberish about "justified, true, belief", did suffered Gettier problems as a result of the paradoxical effect of nature.

Science proceeds based on induction, is indeed impossible to know if many of its claims are true. :)

There is also indeed nothing about "justified, true belief" that rules out knowledge about the concept of infinity in mathematics, any more than it does knowledge about the concept of zero in mathematics.

“The more you see, how strange nature behaves, the harder it is for us, to make a model, that explains even how the most simple phenomena works. Theoretical physics has given up on this pursuit.” – Richard. Feynman
Fan of Science wrote:By the way, what proof is there that knowledge requires justified, true belief? There isn't one.
Check this out: A grounded theory methodology in physical science that resolves paradoxes for knowledge of natural phenomena that are free of Gettier problems, requires justified, true beliefs with its epistemic process. And it can predicate the actualities of the observed natural phenomena that refers to reality.

This is one of the listed examples: The vortices of Jupiter.
Wayne92587

Post by Wayne92587 »

Geometry is an exercise in Logic not math.

The problem in understanding God’s math, the Mathematics of the Universe, is that math is based, up on an unspoken of quantity of Singularities, an unknown quantity of Singularities having a dual quality, dealing with the addition, subtraction, the multiplication and division of objects, numbers, quantities of a Singularity, whose existence or non-existence is Uncertain.

Mathematical objects, Particles, do not exist in the material sense of the word.
Mathematical objects exist as Infinitely Finite Indivisible, Particles, Singularities.

A Singularity is not readily apparent, is not measurable as to location and Momentum (Motion) within the Emptiness; the motion of a Singularity having no displacement is meaningless, is Infinite in Quantity and of course Size.

Singularity, Omnipresent Singulars Particles existing within the Omniscience of
The Transcendental (Metaphysical) Fully Random Quantum State, Field, of Singularity.

Singularity, in quantity, “Singular Particles” are the building Blocks of the Heavens and Earth, the Universe, the Reality of Everything, all Living Things, that exist in the Material, Physical, sense of the Word, even a Rock.

Singularity, the Mathematical objects of the Universe, the omnipresent Infinitely Finite Indivisible Singularity, Particles, from which the Omniscience of the Whole of the Reality, the Reality of Everything is made manifest, the Heavens and the Earth, the Universe, the Reality of Everything, has a dual quality, exists as an equation; 0/1.

Zero-0, due to displacement, a change in the motion, a Singularity of Zero-0 was reborn, recreated, converted, transfigured, into the First Singularity to have, Relative, a Numerical Value of One-1, was without cause, being an Affect, became the Reality of First Cause, the Single direct cause of the System of Chaos which made manifest the Heavens and the Earth, the Universe, the Reality of Everything that exists in the Material, Physical sense of the word, even a rock.

The Reality of Everything has been made manifest by a Singularity having a dual quality; 0/1.

-- Updated July 13th, 2017, 10:22 pm to add the following --

The Reality of Everything that exists in the Material, Physical, sense of the word, even a rock, has been made manifest (as in the butterfly effect) been born of a System of Chaos
that had its beginning as a displaced Singularity of Zero-0. The effect of a singularity of Zero-0 in motion causing it to become Relative, to attain a numerical value of One-1.
A Singularity of Zero-0 being converted into a Singularity of One-1; as an Affect, having been uncaused, a Singularity of One-1, the Reality of First Cause became the Single direct, the material, cause of a System of Chaos, a Singularity having a dual quality, 0/1, the First Singularity of Zero-0 to attain a numerical value of One-1. The Reality of Everything has been made manifest by a Singularity having a dual quality; 0/1.

-- Updated July 14th, 2017, 9:39 am to add the following --

A Singularity having a numerical value Zero-0 not being relative has no Meaning, is meaningless, said motion of a Singularity of Zero-0 has no displacement, no angular momentum, no velocity of Speed and Direction, which is the Reason that a Singularity of Zero-0 is not readily apparent, is not known to exist in the material, physical, sense of the Word.
At the moment of the conversion, having been displaced, a Singularity of Zero-0 became relative; in motion, having angular momentum, displacement, velocity of speed and Direction, a Singularity of One-1 became the First in a Series, the Beginning of a process such as the Evolutionary Process, the beginning of a continuum such as Space-Time.
Prior to the conversion of a Singularity of Zero-0 the only Reality to exist had no meaning, Time, Space and Motion each existing without being relative as a Singularity, nothing.

Space as a Singularity being without shape, without form, Void, Empty, non-existent in the material, Physical sense of the word.

Time as a Singularity being undivided, being everlasting, Eternal.

Motion as a Singularity having no displacement, no angular momentum, no velocity of Speed and Direct; Motion existing as the insignificant inner, innate, motion, the Passion of a Singularity having no relative, numerical value, having a numerical value of Nothing, of Zero-0.

This Nature of the Insignificant inner innate motion of a Singularity of Zero-0; the vibration, the oscillation, the boundless freedom of motion, the passion within a Singularity of Zero-0, causing the Singularity of Zero-0, the Seed of All Living Things, of Everything that exists in the material, Physical, sense of the word, generating Pure Unadulterated Heat Energy to also make a Humming Sound; Pure Unadulterated Heat Energy being uncaused by any outside influence, being an Affect, without cause, not being born of Cause and Effect.

-- Updated July 14th, 2017, 9:42 am to add the following --

Priori knowledge is not born of experience, cause and effect, is born of an Affect, innate, a inner passion.
Paradigmer

Post by Paradigmer »

Wayne92587 wrote:Geometry is an exercise in Logic not math.
Geometry is not an exercise of logic, it is the study on structures that naturally occur in the objective reality. No one said this is a priori knowledge.

What you had mentioned so far in this thread as prior knowledge, is not math either. It is your conjecture on the ontology for the nature of reality.
Wayne92587 wrote:Zero-0, due to displacement, a change in the motion, a Singularity of Zero-0 was reborn, recreated, converted, transfigured, into the First Singularity to have, Relative, a Numerical Value of One-1, was without cause, being an Affect, became the Reality of First Cause, the Single direct cause of the System of Chaos which made manifest the Heavens and the Earth, the Universe, the Reality of Everything that exists in the Material, Physical sense of the word, even a rock.
You might want to have a look on "Unisonal evolution mechanism" that illustrates the ontology of physical structures in the macrocosms and microcosms, which form the Heaven and the Earth in objective reality with the motion of an apparent nothingness.

Return to “Epistemology and Metaphysics”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream