What creates morality?

Discuss morality and ethics in this message board.
Featured Article: Philosophical Analysis of Abortion, The Right to Life, and Murder
Wilson
Favorite Philosopher: Eric Hoffer

Re: What creates morality?

Post by Wilson »

Anthony Edgar wrote:Only the God who created the universe and everything in it can decide what is objectively good or evil, in my opinion. So without God, objective morality ceases to exist, as then all that's left is opinion - the subjective morality of individual humans. Then, why should the opinion of one person be worth any more the opinion of someone else? Even the Mafia has its own code of morality.
I agree that only God can make morality objective, universal, and timeless. Where we may differ is whether God is actually there or not. Personally I think that the likekihood of God's existence is vanishing remote, which indeed leaves me to believe that morality is entirely subjective. However, that doesn't mean that there isn't any such thing as deeply felt moral ideas. I myself have a strong sense that certain things are morally right, and others wrong, and try to live my life according to those principles - largely based on empathy for others . In other words, morality is very real for me, but I don't fool myself that my opinions are universally true.

-- Updated November 8th, 2016, 5:24 am to add the following --
Anthony Edgar wrote:Only the God who created the universe and everything in it can decide what is objectively good or evil, in my opinion. So without God, objective morality ceases to exist, as then all that's left is opinion - the subjective morality of individual humans. Then, why should the opinion of one person be worth any more the opinion of someone else? Even the Mafia has its own code of morality.
I agree that only God can make morality objective, universal, and timeless. Where we may differ is whether God is actually there or not. Personally I think that the likekihood of God's existence is vanishing remote, which indeed leaves me to believe that morality is entirely subjective. However, that doesn't mean that there isn't any such thing as deeply felt moral ideas. I myself have a strong sense that certain things are morally right, and others wrong, and try to live my life according to those principles - largely based on empathy for others . In other words, morality is very real for me, but I don't fool myself that my opinions are universally true.
Dolphin42

Post by Dolphin42 »

I disagree that the proposed presence of a God results in the existence of objective morality because the question of what those moral principles are is still answered by human beings. Whether they're answered by human beings who claim the principles come from God or humans beings who don't make that claim doesn't alter that. It just changes the arguments from "my morality is better than yours" to "the morality of my god is better than the morality of your god".
Philosch

Post by Philosch »

The idea that something is good or bad(evil) in an objective sense is a fantasy. Goodness and badness are subjective qualities only and as such come from human beings. You can talk about what might be 'good' for a planet or good for the sun or the solar system but it has no meaning in human terms precisely because the state of goodness or badness for such objects is well beyond our understanding.

What appears to be good for the universe in terms of the ways the laws of physics operate are things like "conservation of energy" and other such laws. Biology has only one law that would cover the whole biological landscape and that is "survival". "Survival of the fittest" and other such statements are all merely sublimations of the first law. But in the sense that these laws are either good or bad only matters from their own context. Objectively they simply "are" and therefore neither "good" or "bad" or they are both. Subjective states when applied to physical/biological systems are only reflections of the human beings making the claims about such states, so there is no universal morality, it just doesn't make any sense to propose otherwise.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Philosch wrote:The idea that something is good or bad(evil) in an objective sense is a fantasy. Goodness and badness are subjective qualities only and as such come from human beings. You can talk about what might be 'good' for a planet or good for the sun or the solar system but it has no meaning in human terms precisely because the state of goodness or badness for such objects is well beyond our understanding.

What appears to be good for the universe in terms of the ways the laws of physics operate are things like "conservation of energy" and other such laws. Biology has only one law that would cover the whole biological landscape and that is "survival". "Survival of the fittest" and other such statements are all merely sublimations of the first law. But in the sense that these laws are either good or bad only matters from their own context. Objectively they simply "are" and therefore neither "good" or "bad" or they are both. Subjective states when applied to physical/biological systems are only reflections of the human beings making the claims about such states, so there is no universal morality, it just doesn't make any sense to propose otherwise.
Is the following biblical passage pure fantasy or does it contain a deeper meaning most ignore?
Gen 2:15 The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16 And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”
Can you see any way that this tree represents a reality? Maybe it is pure fantasy? It seems to imply that objective good and evil is a reality that doesn't depend upon humanity but is a universal principal that can even exist for just one man.
Man would like to be an egoist and cannot. This is the most striking characteristic of his wretchedness and the source of his greatness." Simone Weil....Gravity and Grace
Vijaydevani

Post by Vijaydevani »

Morality is the subjective construct of the human mind. Deal with it.
A little knowledge is a religious thing.
Philosch

Post by Philosch »

Nick_A wrote:
Philosch wrote:The idea that something is good or bad(evil) in an objective sense is a fantasy. Goodness and badness are subjective qualities only and as such come from human beings. You can talk about what might be 'good' for a planet or good for the sun or the solar system but it has no meaning in human terms precisely because the state of goodness or badness for such objects is well beyond our understanding.

Is the following biblical passage pure fantasy or does it contain a deeper meaning most ignore?
Gen 2:15 The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16 And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”
Can you see any way that this tree represents a reality? Maybe it is pure fantasy? It seems to imply that objective good and evil is a reality that doesn't depend upon humanity but is a universal principal that can even exist for just one man.
Actually what the tree represents in my view IS subjectivity. Man was going to die anyway he just didn't know he was going to die and so he wasn't in a sense until he opened his eyes. ( I know in the story he was supposed to be immortal until he ate from the tree. That is only a symbolic statement as is the rest of the story) I know that sounds strange but the moment man eats from the tree of knowledge he becomes conscious/self aware and the initiator of his own life. Intentionality is born at that moment or in other words subjectivity. Good and evil are born at that moment as concepts in a human mind. Before that we only have raw nature operating unencumbered from concepts such as morality. The story is a symbolic telling of that moment of realization. At that moment he is thrown into the raw nature. He, in other words becomes conscious of his struggle, of his pain, of his own mortality and he must fashion meaning out of all that. It is the moment existential angst is born.

So what that means is there is no objective good and evil, that those notions are born out of human conscious self-awareness and as such must be part of the subjective landscape of our experience. This in no way gets rid of morality, but it puts it in it's proper categorical place.
Gertie

Post by Gertie »

Vijaydevani wrote:Morality is the subjective construct of the human mind. Deal with it.
Yes, morality is a concept we've created, rooted in our evolution as social mammals. If evolution had gone a different route ending up with an equally brainy and sophisticated non-social species, its instincts and resulting ideas about morality would likely be very different.

You could say morality can be objective if it's grounded in unquestionable axioms, and an omniscient goddy-something could fill that role by issuing them from on high. I think omniscience can be seen as a way around Euthyphro's dilemma. But maybe only because omniscience is a tricky notion to deal with.

I think tho, you can make a case for a godless quasi objective morality, based on the nature of consciousness:

Consciousness is unique in that it has a qualiative nature (things feel good and bad, it brings into the equation happiness and suffering and so on).

Therefore the conscious states of conscious critters matter. (Unlike say a toaster, tree or rock, which doesn't suffer or lose anything of value to itself if I smash it)

Therefore conscious critters have inherent value. Because they possess a quality of life which can be enhanced or made worse, or be deprived of.

Therefore consciousness confers a stake in how conscious critters are treated, and confers commensurate moral considerations (and consequent duties to others).

Would an equally intelligent, rational lizard agree with that? I'll ask around...
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Philosch wrote:
Nick_A wrote: (Nested quote removed.)

(Nested quote removed.)

Actually what the tree represents in my view IS subjectivity. Man was going to die anyway he just didn't know he was going to die and so he wasn't in a sense until he opened his eyes. ( I know in the story he was supposed to be immortal until he ate from the tree. That is only a symbolic statement as is the rest of the story) I know that sounds strange but the moment man eats from the tree of knowledge he becomes conscious/self aware and the initiator of his own life. Intentionality is born at that moment or in other words subjectivity. Good and evil are born at that moment as concepts in a human mind. Before that we only have raw nature operating unencumbered from concepts such as morality. The story is a symbolic telling of that moment of realization. At that moment he is thrown into the raw nature. He, in other words becomes conscious of his struggle, of his pain, of his own mortality and he must fashion meaning out of all that. It is the moment existential angst is born.

So what that means is there is no objective good and evil, that those notions are born out of human conscious self-awareness and as such must be part of the subjective landscape of our experience. This in no way gets rid of morality, but it puts it in it's proper categorical place.

It is good to appreciate why we must disagree. I believe in, or find the most rational explanation for the universe and Man within it, as initiating with a conscious source. The process of existence takes place within this conscious source making the universe or universes part of the body of God.

The universe is sustained by the complimentary processes of involution or the devolution of forces into creation, and evolution or the movement of forces back towards the source. It has been called the breath of Brahma. I’ll provide a source just to show that these thoughts are not original but go back to Plato, Plotinus, and even more ancient sources. This link explains the basic ideas of Plotinus and how the ONE emanates and involves into multiplicity.

http://www.iep.utm.edu/plotinus/

Objective good and evil can only refer to consciousness where choice is possible. Animals are creatures of reaction so are expressions of the good. There is no objective evil for animal life. As I understand it Man has the potential for conscious evolution or evolving consciously in the direction leading to the source, This would be the objective good for Man. However, as we are, the human condition has made us more animal like so will involve back into the earth or the source of animal arising. That would be objective evil for Man: dust to dust.

I can see why atheism can only define good and evil in terms of man made standards. Since I accept a conscious source for creation which I believe to be a more rational explanation for existence, I am also open to objective good and evil for Man in terms of the recognition of human conscious potential. At least we can understand the source of our disagreement.
Man would like to be an egoist and cannot. This is the most striking characteristic of his wretchedness and the source of his greatness." Simone Weil....Gravity and Grace
Fooloso4

Post by Fooloso4 »

The irony is that if one rationally concludes that morality is a human invention others will respond by appeal to another human invention that appears to deny that it is a human invention, that is, by appeal to the invention of a God or a transcendent realm of objective truth. It is, as Nietzsche said: human, all too human.

What creates morality is our need for morality. We are social animals, but unlike other social animals we need to figure out how best to live together. A particular myth or moral code may serve that function in a cohesive society, but, like it or not, we are a pluralistic society that does not have a shared mythology or a clear set of moral values. Morality, because of certain contingencies and accidents of history, is for us a bootstrap operation. One might insist that he or she holds the moral high ground and others should follow but there are too many competing claims to possession of the hallowed ground for us as a society to arbitrarily choose one over the others.

What may guide one’s own moral convictions in no way has a legitimate claim on what should guide others. This may lead some to conclude that we need to develop a common morality, but if a common morality is to develop it will do so on its own through our acceptance of and tolerance for plurality and difference. It is an ongoing cooperative effort in which any move to claim moral authority and circle the wagons is antithetical.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Fooloso4 wrote:The irony is that if one rationally concludes that morality is a human invention others will respond by appeal to another human invention that appears to deny that it is a human invention, that is, by appeal to the invention of a God or a transcendent realm of objective truth. It is, as Nietzsche said: human, all too human.

What creates morality is our need for morality. We are social animals, but unlike other social animals we need to figure out how best to live together. A particular myth or moral code may serve that function in a cohesive society, but, like it or not, we are a pluralistic society that does not have a shared mythology or a clear set of moral values. Morality, because of certain contingencies and accidents of history, is for us a bootstrap operation. One might insist that he or she holds the moral high ground and others should follow but there are too many competing claims to possession of the hallowed ground for us as a society to arbitrarily choose one over the others.

What may guide one’s own moral convictions in no way has a legitimate claim on what should guide others. This may lead some to conclude that we need to develop a common morality, but if a common morality is to develop it will do so on its own through our acceptance of and tolerance for plurality and difference. It is an ongoing cooperative effort in which any move to claim moral authority and circle the wagons is antithetical.
Morality may be an invention of social animals known as Man but what supplies the impulse for objective conscience? Take compassion for example. An animal can feel compassion for its young but what of human compassion where the great teachers felt the blindness and sorrow of the human condition and helped the open minded to awaken to reality? This is unnatural for any animal including animal man. It is an attribute of human conscious potential. It already exists within our universe and the great teachers of the past have tried to awaken us to this potential. The world resists and it is considers it an anti social so only a small minority profit from the efforts of the great teachers. The majority argue man made morality or ignore it completely.
Philosch

Post by Philosch »

Nick_A wrote:
Fooloso4 wrote:The irony is that if one rationally concludes that morality is a human invention others will respond by appeal to another human invention that appears to deny that it is a human invention, that is, by appeal to the invention of a God or a transcendent realm of objective truth. It is, as Nietzsche said: human, all too human.

Morality may be an invention of social animals known as Man but what supplies the impulse for objective conscience? Take compassion for example. An animal can feel compassion for its young but what of human compassion where the great teachers felt the blindness and sorrow of the human condition and helped the open minded to awaken to reality? This is unnatural for any animal including animal man. It is an attribute of human conscious potential. It already exists within our universe and the great teachers of the past have tried to awaken us to this potential. The world resists and it is considers it an anti social so only a small minority profit from the efforts of the great teachers. The majority argue man made morality or ignore it completely.

I must agree 100% with fooloso here. To answer your point, there is no objective conscience. Conscience is the measuring device of what is "good" or "bad", a morality meter if you will. If morality is subjective then so to is conscience. Conscience is yet again a concept born in the subjectivity of a human mind and you are actually distinguishing in your argument between animal and "human" in terms of the higher level emotions humans demonstrate. One small point is you have made a mistake when asserting an animal feels compassion for it's young. That is anthropomorphizing at it's core. An animal has an instinctive connection to it's young certainly. Watch a plains animal stand at a distance while Lions rip it's baby to pieces....within minutes or hours the animals is back to grazing with the herd in most cases (I know there are exceptions) but for the most part as the connection is broken the instinct fades without the light of consciousness to hold it in the mind of the beast.

Trouble is us humans can't help anthropomorphizing and we even do that to the deity's we conjure up. You were correct about one thing and that is the source of our disagreement. We disagree on the source of our consciousness. I'm willing to concede that there is a certain amount of mystery to consciousness yet to be unraveled but that still doesn't make me believe in a truly objective or absolute morality. I see even from your own arguments that you do acknowledge the subjectivity at least of the expression of the various moral theories in operation around the world. We shall have to just disagree about the source of that subjectivity. As a matter of fact the notion of a god-creator is the only thing that could allow for an 'objective' morality. But that is not to say that an atheist position would be devoid of morality. The atheist position is simply devoid of an 'absolute' objective morality.

There are many moral systems of thought born out of an atheist position (humanism comes to mind here) but there's no denying that they argue for their theories based on some scale of benefits to humanity as whole. This is purely a subjective endeavor unless you argue for the only benefit that the universe seems to support as an objective one, namely the survival of 'an' entity. Even here there is some subjectivity that comes in to play when the entity in question needs to be identified. In other words is survival of a species paramount, or survival of a race, a tribe, the whole planet, an individual consciousness, all of life in the universe? All subjective manifestations of the only objective 'base' biological law, survival.
Aristocles
Premium Member

Post by Aristocles »

If we say morality is subjective as too is conscience, then are we saying much intelligible about the origin of morality?

In other words, it appears we are trying to make an"objective" claim regarding "subjectivity," namely what morality is consciously...
Gertie

Post by Gertie »

What creates morality is our need for morality. We are social animals, but
unlike other social animals we need to figure out how best to live together. A
particular myth or moral code may serve that function in a cohesive society,
but, like it or not, we are a pluralistic society that does not have a shared
mythology or a clear set of moral values. Morality, because of certain
contingencies and accidents of history, is for us a bootstrap operation. One
might insist that he or she holds the moral high ground and others should follow
but there are too many competing claims to possession of the hallowed ground for
us as a society to arbitrarily choose one over the others.

What may guide one’s own moral convictions in no way has a legitimate claim on
what should guide others. This may lead some to conclude that we need to develop
a common morality, but if a common morality is to develop it will do so on its
own through our acceptance of and tolerance for plurality and difference. It is
an ongoing cooperative effort in which any move to claim moral authority and
circle the wagons is antithetical.
Well, you could say that's what Politics is. Trying to find roughly consensual
ways to live together prosperously, fairly and harmoniously in a world which is
very unlike the one our ancestors lived in when our social impulses evolved.

Our social impulses were 'designed' to work at the level of small, tribal
groups, where you knew everyone personally and the evolved mechanisms for caring and cooperation would naturally kick in. These mechanisms tend to lose power over distance, and don't serve our huge interdependent societies of strangers so well. So we have developed institutions, laws, social mores to act in lieu of our up close and personal instincts. And we have the conceptualised principles of 'morality' which under-pin them. Along with, as you say, myths, traditions, religions, archetypes and assorted narratives which reinforce identity
(including moral identity) - who we are and how we do things.

Usually that's enough for nation states to retain a good enough level of
stability and co-operation. But now other, very different cultures are in our
faces, we trade with them, we arm them for geo-political purposes, we make war with them. Sometimes we 'intervene' on purportedly 'moral' grounds - sanctions, monitoring elections, humanitarian aid, invasion. There aren't the same bonds of shared myths and histories or institutionalised internal stabilising mechanisms in international relations. So it's very tricky. You can just say morality is subjective so anything goes, nobody has the moral high ground. That Progressivism is a myth, a modern myth. That cultural relativism should always be respected. Which is fine in the halls of academia, but you'd have to be made of stone to look around the world and say, hey it's their culture, it's fine!
Genocide? Not my tribe - fine n dandy. Apartheid, sure why not. Sufi - how
fascinating those foreigners are with their traditional ways! Chuck gays off
buildings - oh well. Execute heretics - it's just their culture y'know.

A different approach is to develop international institutions like the UN, and
to try to find a bench mark of shared moral values. The Universal Declaration
of Human Rights is just that. Rights based morality is a way to try to
recognise our shared common humanity, and provide a basic safety net in how we treat each other. Is it Objective Morality? Well not strictly, but I think the
sort of consciousness-based morality I outlined above gives it a reasonably good shout at claiming to be about as objective as you can get. Sam Harris sums it up as 'The well being of conscious creatures', and I'd say it's difficult to
argue with in principle. Even if it gets muddy (as all moral systems do) in the
detail. And most importantly, it gives people the basis on which to say
something shouldn't happen, no matter the local culture. Like murder and
genocide shouldn't happen. And that equal rights is something to be encouraged and striven towards. It puts the notion of Progressivism back in play. Tho of course you have to be sensitive to 'we know what's best' thinking, and blundering in to situations where you don't grasp the nuances and possible
consequences. (You'd hope that setting the Middle East ablaze might give the We Know What's Best types pause for thought in future).

So there's a balance to be struck imo, between plurality and human rights. And
I'd say a level of basic human rights which we can hold as a universal standard
is a good thing. And something like the UN is the way to go about it.

-- Updated November 11th, 2016, 5:47 pm to add the following --
Aristocles wrote:If we say morality is subjective as too is conscience, then are we saying much intelligible about the origin of morality?

In other words, it appears we are trying to make an"objective" claim regarding "subjectivity," namely what morality is consciously...
Science is already giving us a credible and intelligible objective account of how the building blocks of what we've come to call 'morality' evolved. It's still early and thin on detail, but the general picture is compelling.

It's not very romantic to have to re-evaluate something as evocative and precious as morality that way, but it's not all bad news. The more we understand how we work, the mechanisms of empathy, tribalism and so forth, the better we can avoid the inherent pitfalls. And try to adapt our societies to serve us better in view of those impulses and how they play out in the way we live now (very different to when they evolved). Hopefully.
Fooloso4

Post by Fooloso4 »

Gertie:
Well, you could say that's what Politics is.
I agree to some extent, but we might distinguish the political and moral/ethical along the lines of the public sphere and private sphere.
Our social impulses were 'designed' to work at the level of small, tribal groups, where you knew everyone personally and the evolved mechanisms for caring and cooperation would naturally kick in.
Plato and Aristotle both emphasized the importance of keeping the polis small.
You can just say morality is subjective so anything goes, nobody has the moral high ground.

This is the problem of relativism but not the correct conclusion. There is a middle ground. The alternative to absolutism is not nihilism.
Which is fine in the halls of academia …
But it is in academia more than anywhere else that we find cogent discussion of these problems. The idea of the Ivory Tower is a pernicious myth. The term academia is a large blanket that covers more than it reveals. Even authors who write for the general public like Sam Harris are reliant on academia.
Philosch

Post by Philosch »

Aristocles wrote:If we say morality is subjective as too is conscience, then are we saying much intelligible about the origin of morality?

Well the only thing I'm claiming to say about morality as we understand it is that it is part of our conscious experience which is subjective and that should be perfectly intelligible. Now if there are brain structures that give rise to certain instincts and even emotions and thought patterns in a human brain that can be linked to feelings of empathy and good will towards fellow creatures, that would be a possible objective beginning or start to say a moral foundation, but no matter.....because the realization or manifestation of those structures once brought into the unified conscious field of a human mind, they are going to be subjectively experienced and subjectively communicated to other subjectively experiencing human beings. The subjective nature of human consciousness is inescapable. There is an objective reality but we experience it through our own subjective consciousness. The sun does set every evening as an objective fact, but how I think about it, look at it, experience it, is subjective.

So I am indeed making an objective claim regarding subjectivity, think about it, what would morality be unconsciously? As we've already gone over, for unconscious creatures morality does not exist. The notion of morality is only understood through the light of our consciousness. This is so for not just morality but for many other human concepts. There is also this misconception that because something is said to be subjective and not objective that it is somehow not important or not worthy to uphold or contemplate. As fooloso points out this is not the necessary conclusion to draw. Subjectivity in some sense is all that "matters" to us human creatures.

Return to “Ethics and Morality”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream