Rules to live by and order of punishment

Discuss morality and ethics in this message board.
Featured Article: Philosophical Analysis of Abortion, The Right to Life, and Murder
Greta
Site Admin

Re: Rules to live by and order of punishment

Post by Greta » November 20th, 2017, 5:51 am

LuckyR wrote:
Greta wrote: (Nested quote removed.)

That's why I support the death penalty (quick, humane, without fanfare as per Alias's post) for inmates that interfere with others' rehab - bashers, rapists and standover thieves. We need to get rid of the incurables and incorrigibles so that prisons can become places where inmates who are not irredeemably damaged can reflect and work through the issues that put them there.
This is a perfectly logical, yet completely impractical solution to a thorny problem
It would seem incredibly hard to implement, but I doubt it would be politically unpalatable. Alas, the pollies here are more interested in trying to prevent gays from asking phobic celebrants to officiate the biggest day of their lives and keeping dying people suffering long enough to plead for salvation.

LuckyR

Post by LuckyR » November 21st, 2017, 3:52 am

Greta wrote:
LuckyR wrote: (Nested quote removed.)

This is a perfectly logical, yet completely impractical solution to a thorny problem
It would seem incredibly hard to implement, but I doubt it would be politically unpalatable. Alas, the pollies here are more interested in trying to prevent gays from asking phobic celebrants to officiate the biggest day of their lives and keeping dying people suffering long enough to plead for salvation.
The main problem with the death penalty as it currently stands, is the uneven application of it based on socioeconomic and racial lines
"As usual... it depends."

Burning ghost

Post by Burning ghost » November 21st, 2017, 4:06 am

It general stands on the condition of the judges stomach more than anything! Hungry judges lack empathy.
AKA badgerjelly