What do we mean when we say "supernatural"?

Discuss philosophical questions regarding theism (and atheism), and discuss religion as it relates to philosophy. This includes any philosophical discussions that happen to be about god, gods, or a 'higher power' or the belief of them. This also generally includes philosophical topics about organized or ritualistic mysticism or about organized, common or ritualistic beliefs in the existence of supernatural phenomenon.
Barry Sears

Re: What do we mean when we say "supernatural"?

Post by Barry Sears »

I have been shown the World body of which I would consider although quite natural a supernatural organism from our position in life. It is written this way in ancient teachings and stamped in stone around the World, perhaps a little lost at the moment. I have been studying this structure from a scientific point of view and it appears quite synchronised with traditional teaching. My problem is that I also see the physical form of our Celestial surroundings as a projection of the World formation, so the problem is that the room becomes quite large. This too is traditionally taught although the physical formation has also been lost.
As far as projecting this beyond the horizon, I would contemplate the macrocosmic projection of the Celestial body, which would lead towards a Godly formation or comprehension but beyond this horizon would probably be another. Can we define how big the room should be. Do we need a permit?
Burning ghost

Post by Burning ghost »

Barry -

There is no "beyond". The horizon is not at a distance it is an analogy of perceiving. I cannot perceive beyond the capacities of the perceptual faculties.
AKA badgerjelly
Barry Sears

Post by Barry Sears »

Burning Ghost Quotes
There is no "beyond". The horizon is not at a distance it is an analogy of perceiving. I cannot perceive beyond the capacities of the perceptual faculties.

I guess without the possibility of beyond there would be no word that exists "beyond". I have written within this thread many examples of supernatural experience, perhaps beyond the scope of most peoples perception. When I was first introduced to the World body and my spiritual experiences began to flow, I was quite blown away by this new perimeter as an "horizon". Upon gathering familiarity and communication within this new comprehension of life, I was then introduced to the Celestial formation. For me this was a shift in the horizon and an introduction to another structure in life.

I think the point is that the horizon is perhaps different for everybody and is also a point that can shift as one grows with understanding and awareness, hence questioning how big you wish to define the room. Is your perception the same as mine? I have explained on this thread the ability for physical communication with the Celestial formation, can you perceive the possibility of this? Can you consider this as a reality or even a possibility or would you reduce it to your own level of perception?

Are you aware that animal characteristics and the human psyche are directly correlated to the anatomy of the World. Did you know that our ancient civilisation globally plotted the World anatomical parts. Is this a cause of perceptual shift? Could this alter the point and change the analogy of the horizon if you open your mind? The World awakens.

Ohu Ake
Burning ghost

Post by Burning ghost »

When I use the term "horizon" I do so with specific meaning. Because of this when you talk about other peoples horizons what this means by my expression is nothing other than my horizon.

Meaning whatever horizon I regard for someone else is never outside my horizon.

Further more I was trying to express the meaning of "super natural" as taking super to mean greatest and reframe the term super natural to literally mean that which is the most natural, and then show that beyond the greatest there is nothing greater because greastest is superlative.

So I say that there is no greater than the greatest.

If something is beyond my perception it can never have any meaning for me. I am talking about perception as being infinitely removed from any experience. Meaning in simple terms that athough I may never come to have sensory experience of some object (object in the broadest sense od the word neither referring to material nor non-material specifically) does not stop me from being able to form a perception of said object. To form a perception of a non-object is a meaningless phrase for my purposes and yet has negative use. That which does not even possess negative use is not even within any perceptual reach of me ... it "is" unsaid and unseen because there is no "isness". This basically highlights the limit of language.

-- Updated September 18th, 2016, 2:00 am to add the following --

Just had a quick look at your previous post and website.

I thought you were interested in occult practices and you've confirmed that. Do you understand the use of your mythology?
AKA badgerjelly
Felix

Post by Felix »

grunth said: You are merely identifying terms.
I suppose.... the purely subjective is indescribable and so whatever is said about it is only babble to those who have had not known it. The most that can be said is that the Self is that which is conscious, consciousness itself, rather than that which one is conscious of - the content of consciousness.
Burning ghost said: Beyond experience about something there is no experience because beyond experience means outside of experience.
In purely subjective awareness there are no phenomenal objects of experience, so if you ask me what was experienced, I cannot answer you, because there are no relative terms I can use to describe it. Also, people presume that others perceive reality as they do, an ability that is natural for one person is supernatural to another. A genius experiences the world in an abnormal (different than normal) way, and this forms the basis of his unusual talent, whatever it may be.
"We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are." - Anaïs Nin
Barry Sears

Post by Barry Sears »

Burning Ghost
I gather and realise your use of horizon, likewise your use of supernatural, of which it has been recommended by many, as with life many levels and steps could also apply to supernatural . But you place limits and perimeters if you are not open and willing to consider alternative views.

So would you recommend broadening your horizon when introduced to an alternative perception or is it more instinctive to squash this perspective to align with your own personal comprehension.

You again are only setting perimeters when you say there is nothing greater that the greatness, because once you grasp the reality of your personal greatest, this could introduce you to something, spectacular. You may think or believe the hill is the highest but there may be higher still.

You quote If something is beyond my perception it can never have any meaning for me Unless you alter your perception, change your view, learn, educate.

What do you understand of my Mythology? Perception, comprehension of life? Do you choose to consider it or squash it? Think about it or ignore it? Ask about it or challenge it, question parts or points or do you choose to label it? It could be big it may be small, what or how you respond to it is your choice and is an expression of your personality. It's not a battle or a fight or an argument, it is simply a perception, a new and fresh perspective.

-- Updated September 19th, 2016, 1:56 am to add the following --

Burning Ghost
I gather and realise your use of horizon, likewise your use of supernatural, of which it has been recommended by many, as with life many levels and steps could also apply to supernatural . But you place limits and perimeters if you are not open and willing to consider alternative views.

So would you recommend broadening your horizon when introduced to an alternative perception or is it more instinctive to squash this perspective to align with your own personal comprehension.

You again are only setting perimeters when you say there is nothing greater than the greatest, because once you grasp the reality of your personal greatest, this could introduce you to something, spectacular. You may think or believe the hill is the highest but there may be higher still.

You quote If something is beyond my perception it can never have any meaning for me Unless you alter your perception, change your view, learn, educate.

What do you understand of my Mythology? Perception, comprehension of life? Do you choose to consider it or squash it? Think about it or ignore it? Ask about it or challenge it, question parts or points or do you choose to label it? It could be big it may be small, what or how you respond to it is your choice and is an expression of your personality. It's not a battle or a fight or an argument, it is simply a perception, a new and fresh perspective.
Burning ghost

Post by Burning ghost »

Barry -

A blind man cannot see yellow. A man blind from birth has no experience of colour.

You can only bring a poor analogy to the door of the blind man to explain "colour". He can form a perception about the idea of colour by talking to people who do experience colour. If the majority tell him they see colour then he comes to take "colour" as something that can be experienced just not by him.

I'll ask again ... do you understand your mythos? Do you see it as mythos?

If you understand and realise my use of the term "horizon" then you must also realise to talk about altering my perceptual horizon is utterly nonsensical in the way I have attempted to express it? Which then begs the question what the hell are you talking about? Setting perimeters? Greater than greatest?

To disassemble language in such a fashion as you appear to be doing needs some kind of explanation for us. I can offer a whole number of reasons to do so yet when it comes to expressing them in words here it is a deeply messy investigation in which I am, for the most part, metaphorically flailing in the dark hoping to catch someone.

-- Updated September 18th, 2016, 9:56 am to add the following --

Felix -
In purely subjective awareness there are no phenomenal objects of experience, so if you ask me what was experienced, I cannot answer you, because there are no relative terms I can use to describe it.
Why not? You'll have to explain why please?
AKA badgerjelly
Felix

Post by Felix »

There are those who have described it far better than I ever could, BG, here is one of the best: https://goo.gl/lj1kJ3

But if one has had no intimation of what's described, it just a surrealistic pillow.
Barry Sears

Post by Barry Sears »

The idea is that the physical self is connected to a larger network of life and consciousness. If one considers this idea, then the point I am trying to ask is how big do you comprehend this network to relate too. Most cultures have traditionally defined spiritual cosmological structures in life. I have a affiliating to this as I explain on this thread on a physical level. What I am interested in is do you have a physical horizon reference with the Universe. Gruth has given an example on an earlier thread. I give examples of stepping structures relative to size as an expression of the Universal pattern. My study is heavily focused on the biological structures and unique animal features, correlated to the identifiable World body.

The words and the expressions you use are heavily confining. How big is your room?. Do you consider the limit of space to be bound within the word Universe. As this creates a boundary so arrises new expressions like multiverses.

Have you ever heard of surgery. Is the person born blind able to see as medical procedures seek new horizons. Does a blind person dream in black and white? Do you know the answer to this question or must you search the net. Does a blind person dream in colour?

Can you tell me what points of my comprehension you put into your box of mythos please and I will be happy to answer your question.
Do you see Mother Earth?
Burning ghost

Post by Burning ghost »

Felix -

What is a surrealistic pillow?

Barry -

Thr words I use and the way I express them are heavily confined by language. Because words are not, by definiton, able to move beyond the horizon of language because there is no beyond the horizon of language for words because. Outside of language words are no longer words.

If you are using analogies understand how far you can stretch the analogy beofre communicating it.

You may ask if I can think without the use of words. The answer is yes I can think without using words. If I wish to communicate those thoughts to you I do so through symbolism. If I wanted to tell you the colour of the sky I would use words rather than perform a dance to express the colour of the sky.

What you are doing is dancing and throwing in a few words and sentences here and there to form an impression of meaning. This is what I mean by mythos. You use an analogy or metaphor and expect us to see what you see? Of course I can see the possible use of describing Earth as an animal or even describing a city as a living cell. I do not then say these are exactly the same things though.
AKA badgerjelly
Barry Sears

Post by Barry Sears »

The interesting connection to this transformation of consciousness is that through identification in structure this process can become much more realistic. Spiritual teachings try and teach us about the structures of life the Universal pattern that is passed through the forms. Biblical a Godly all encapsulating Universal figure. This passes down in size to our Heavenly realm, represented as a Father figure, to the Earthly terrestrial Mother, Holy spirit, the giver of life, to our life forms on Earth. This Universal template is spiritually, traditionally represented, connected in the form of the human body usually. Globally most cultures have representatives for these structures in life. For the Egyptians broke the full body down into body parts and stamped them on the Globe, giving a physical connection between the zones of the Earth and the zones of the Celestial. The concept of Purusha and Kaala Purusha defines this connection much earlier.

The New Perspective is about the identification of the World body as a physical form, from head to tail. It describes how animals are linked physically to each region of the World anatomy as a contemporary form. This form as traditionally projected to our surrounding cosmos, produces a physically recognisable Celestial formation also. These superstructures are like supernatural organisms, of which seeking a connection too becomes more comprehensible through identification.

By identifying with them as superstructures you can grasp their life-cycles also, gather the relationship between the stepping structures and that of evolution on Earth as a manifestation to these larger templates of life. See how the yuga phases work and grasp a realistic connection to the manvantaras.

Every country, every culture considers the World to be a spiritual body;- Gaia, Mother Nature, Holy Spirit, Mother Earth, Papatuanuku, Terra, Parvati, Pachamama, Inanna/Ishtar, Geb, Prithvi, Houtu, Aisyt, Lurbira, Kishar, Tonantzin, Mara, Ki, Tellus......

As I have been shown these forms, I try to explain and share them with others, to help others stretch their horizon, so to speak.
Burning ghost

Post by Burning ghost »

What is purpose of this mythos?

When you say physical connection you mean "metaphorical" not physical although the purpose of this metaphor is to take it literally in order to explore some foreign mental space?
AKA badgerjelly
Felix

Post by Felix »

BG, Re: surrealistic pillow, just a joke, someplace you've laid your head and had odd visions -- https://goo.gl/6nN6pu
Venividivici
New Trial Member

Post by Venividivici »

I take the term "supernatural" to mean a phenomena as an interference with nature. Technically speaking, any natural event could classify as a supernatural event if we were not conditioned by it until we witnessed it for the first time.
Barry Sears

Post by Barry Sears »

Burning Ghost
When you say physical connection you mean "metaphorical" not physical although the purpose of this metaphor is to take it literally in order to explore some foreign mental space?

No when I say physical I mean 100% physical formation. Traditionally plotted but lost to metaphores. Contemporarily identified as a complete physical body, made up of body parts combining to form the complete structure. The World body was defined by our ancient ones by studying life on Earth and recognising the physical changes with the animal World and expression of life by societies, through art, dance and physical subtle variations.... All physically connected and all physically changing around the World directly correlated to the physical formation of the World body. An in-depth study over the past 25 years has accumulated a vast collection of information, largely about the physical connection of all of our animals to the World body. Unique characteristic or dominant features of animals relate to the World formation and species variations also change to the formation of the World.

It is an exciting time as ancient zodiacs once believed to be of the stars are now known to be ancient scientific observations of the World and animal features. These zodiacs plot the features of the World and express the relationship to the body. These zodiacs rotate in the opposite direction to Celestial zodiacs. If you place your hands together they match but as you move them apart they become a mirror image. This is the relationship between the creative Celestial order and the World body. The zodiac of Denderah is a record of the Earth zones and observations from each of these regions, in addition to this World zodiac is the Celestial zodiac of Nut which rotates in the opposite direction. Most ancient monuments around the World were built to this design marking the physical parts of the World body. All zones of the World around the equator have a link to the different parts of the zodiac all combining to form the complete body. For the Celestial body each of the zodiac parts combine to form the complete Celestial body of Nut for the Egyptians.

The Vedas and other ancient scriptures describe the sky as the “Kala Purusha” the “Divine cosmic being”, personification of time, being the zodiac a representation of his different body parts.

What I have been shown is the physical World body, how life on Earth has evolved to this same pattern and how the evolutionary process has changed through time as the World itself has evolved. Before expressing the physical Celestial form I recommend grasping the first step of the World structure.

Jesus says, "Even so did my mother, the Holy Spirit

ancient-origins.net/zodiac-002645#slide ... togal-2645

-- Updated September 20th, 2016, 11:08 pm to add the following --

Greetings Venividivici,
Welcome to the thread.

Return to “Philosophy of Religion, Theism and Mythology”

2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters

Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
by Howard Wolk
July 2024

Quest: Finding Freddie: Reflections from the Other Side

Quest: Finding Freddie: Reflections from the Other Side
by Thomas Richard Spradlin
June 2024

Neither Safe Nor Effective

Neither Safe Nor Effective
by Dr. Colleen Huber
May 2024

Now or Never

Now or Never
by Mary Wasche
April 2024

Meditations

Meditations
by Marcus Aurelius
March 2024

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

The In-Between: Life in the Micro

The In-Between: Life in the Micro
by Christian Espinosa
January 2024

2023 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream