Mother Nature

Discuss philosophical questions regarding theism (and atheism), and discuss religion as it relates to philosophy. This includes any philosophical discussions that happen to be about god, gods, or a 'higher power' or the belief of them. This also generally includes philosophical topics about organized or ritualistic mysticism or about organized, common or ritualistic beliefs in the existence of supernatural phenomenon.
Just Me

Mother Nature

Post by Just Me »

As an atheist I'm so curious as to what and how Nature works. I don't need to get down to the minute details but just curious more at the way that it functions as a whole. What is Nature? How does it do all this amazing stuff? How do we go about understanding it?
What can we derive about it from living in this life? What should our attitude be towards it?

I would just love to get a better understanding of Mother Nature and would like to hear what others think.

Thanks
Granth

Re: Mother Nature

Post by Granth »

Just Me wrote:As an atheist I'm so curious as to what and how Nature works. I don't need to get down to the minute details but just curious more at the way that it functions as a whole. What is Nature? How does it do all this amazing stuff? How do we go about understanding it?
What can we derive about it from living in this life? What should our attitude be towards it?

I would just love to get a better understanding of Mother Nature and would like to hear what others think.

Thanks
Our attitude towards it should be to not have an attitude towards it. To have an attitude towards something suggests we are outside of that something while we 'attitude' at it. It is irrational to assume one can be outside of nature. So the attitude to lose would be irrationality.

Effectively, humans are insane. So what would nature be without insanity? Without insane attitude? I think it best we investigate what sanity actually is. Sanity cannot just be the expression that is people who are not resident of a mental asylum. We create whole societies in order to contain ourselves. Without any rules there is no society. People who require strict rules for living need a society with rules. Society is the asylum. Within the asylum we do not feel insane, but that is only because we are in it. Take society and it's rules away and we are mentally lost. Societies merely disguise the actual state of our mentality and it is evident by how whole societies attack nature. We are lost precisely because we feel outside of nature as we look at it.
Supine

Post by Supine »

Just Me wrote:As an atheist I'm so curious as to what and how Nature works.
I'm not sure why you think that is something particular to atheists. I find it's not a common characteristic of most atheists--some atheists yes but not most.

Just because I own a cotton slave plantation and frequently remark from the shade of my porch, about how much I like work unlike my toiling religious slaves in the cotton fields, does not mean I actually like laboring.

Or just because I like walking through art museums appreciating the art works on display does not mean I personally like sitting or standing for hours working on an art project.

This is leading me to my point about science and doing science or at least staying up late hours studying for a science exam. Few people actually like this irrespective of they are atheist or religious.
I don't need to get down to the minute details but just curious more at the way that it functions as a whole. What is Nature? How does it do all this amazing stuff? How do we go about understanding it?
Unfortunately, minute details matter greatly in the sciences, just as in math. The natural sciences that is and particularly the physical sciences.
Understanding the physical world, this material universe and our planet in it, has allowed us humans to derive a great many things from this understanding and knowledge. We have developed veterinarians that help heal or reduce the suffering of other animal species. We have developed cellphone and Internet discussion boards that helps us keep in contact with one another.

What lessons and insights you bring away from understanding more about our material world is personal to you as an individual I believe. Each individual will bring their own experiences and history to bear on their interpretations or filtering of information be it observation or otherwise obtained.

I can't tell a person exactly what attitude to have as they become moved in one way or another from more in-depth realization of the intricacies of our physical world. I think most people are awed by it, on some level at least. I can suggest some reverence be an attitude adopted. But that is just a suggestion.

While I can appreciate molecules and that there is a molecular makeup and structure to a cockroach, I don't in the least appreciate roaches and I don't have any reverence for them either.

Thanks
"New Athiests" like philosopher Daniel Dennett like to attempt at making a "religion" out of the Theory of Evolution and atheism combined. He might appeal to you. He is admittedly a brilliant man.

But every nice guy brings his biased niceness to his new found religion of the Theory of Evolution. They bring humanized emotions, especially in their modern political sense, to what Evolution means as a religion with moral explanatory power.

That alone turns me off from the philosophical religiosity of Evolution.

I prefer to stick with the Theory of Evolution as a theory in the natural sciences, even if that means at times the implications of the theory may offend liberals and Democrats, or offend conservatives and Republicans. The religiosity of Evolution can never offend the sensibilities of liberals or Democrats though, as that religion stands now.
Granth

Post by Granth »

"They bring humanized emotions"

Is there other kinds?
Supine

Post by Supine »

Granth wrote:"They bring humanized emotions"

Is there other kinds?
I don't know. Canines have emotions and so do bonobos. But it is not taboo or "wrong" among bonobos when bonobo mothers have pedophilia sexual play with their young boy children, until that is the male children pass the age of 5 or 6. Among humans many liberals and conservatives want to set such adults on fire or torture them via imprisonment.

But the bonobos also engage in homosexual sex. Is pedo-phobia a valuable evolutionary derived trait among humans? The atheist that religionize the Theory of Evolution to confirm and justify their own pre-existing beliefs and emotional sensibilities would likely say it is. However, expect no such judgements or excuses from them for homo-phobia.

The conviction and trade wind forces that give rise to hurricane storms, the tectonic plates and other internal earth forces that give rise to lava flows gushing out of volcanoes into burning rivers of destruction are more or less ignored in the religion of Evolution in which liberal sensibilities propose "evolution" simply means loving more, no need for violence, equality for all and an absence of the pressures of struggle and competition.
Granth

Post by Granth »

Supine wrote:
Granth wrote:"They bring humanized emotions"

Is there other kinds?
I don't know. Canines have emotions and so do bonobos. But it is not taboo or "wrong" among bonobos when bonobo mothers have pedophilia sexual play with their young boy children, until that is the male children pass the age of 5 or 6. Among humans many liberals and conservatives want to set such adults on fire or torture them via imprisonment.

But the bonobos also engage in homosexual sex. Is pedo-phobia a valuable evolutionary derived trait among humans? The atheist that religionize the Theory of Evolution to confirm and justify their own pre-existing beliefs and emotional sensibilities would likely say it is. However, expect no such judgements or excuses from them for homo-phobia.

The conviction and trade wind forces that give rise to hurricane storms, the tectonic plates and other internal earth forces that give rise to lava flows gushing out of volcanoes into burning rivers of destruction are more or less ignored in the religion of Evolution in which liberal sensibilities propose "evolution" simply means loving more, no need for violence, equality for all and an absence of the pressures of struggle and competition.
Supine: "But every nice guy brings his biased niceness to his new found religion of the Theory of Evolution. They bring humanized emotions, especially in their modern political sense, to what Evolution means as a religion with moral explanatory power."

So, apart from every nice guy, canines and bonobos also bring THEIR emotions to what evolution means as a religion with moral explanatory power? This is extraordinary! Who would have thought?
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Just Me wrote:What is Nature?
What have been your thoughts about nature to this point? I'd describe nature as the workings of the universe, of reality.
Just Me wrote:How does it do all this amazing stuff? How do we go about understanding it?
The laws of physics allow for various types of growth and development of the universe's forms, and when they arrive at certain thresholds their structure cannot sustain it any more and emergence occurs.

Take for instance the natural limits of planets. The very largest planets are of similar mass to the smallest "failed stars" - brown dwarfs. If mass is added to a large brown dwarf (say from a collision) it can reach a point where the nuclear reactions occur that would make it a star. So, at a certain mass, the laws of physics do not allow planets to exist because at a certain mass the internal pressure is so great that it causes nuclear fusion.

Other thresholds were no doubt reached in the development of matter itself (when the universe's temperature cooled sufficiently after the big bang), or with abiogenesis, where DNA was finally arrived at from RNA and simpler sugars, which can also act as replicators.
Just Me wrote:What can we derive about it from living in this life? What should our attitude be towards it?
Love. And respect. Much of what is beautiful in nature will kill you very quickly and only appreciated at a safe distance. We are only adapted to a tiny part of nature so treasure the small part of nature in which you've evolved - one of the few parts that will sustain you.

There may be larger narratives but they'd naturally be speculative.
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated—Gandhi.
Supine

Post by Supine »

Granth wrote:
Supine: "But every nice guy brings his biased niceness to his new found religion of the Theory of Evolution. They bring humanized emotions, especially in their modern political sense, to what Evolution means as a religion with moral explanatory power."

So, apart from every nice guy, canines and bonobos also bring THEIR emotions to what evolution means as a religion with moral explanatory power? This is extraordinary! Who would have thought?
Strawman. Canines and bonobos have emotions. But those animals don't have political parties nor engage in philosophical discourse. The emotions humans have are tied into politics, ideologies, personal philosophical views about life. This is what I meant about "humanized" emotions.

If a liberal militantly supports stricter gun control in the United States then be sure they'll tie in gun control into their religious banter about the physical evolution of the universe and biological evolution on the planet earth. Because to them "evolution" has to do with paradise approaching, a developing Garden of Eden if you will. But the science of evolution is nothing at all to do with liberal or conservative sensibilities. "Mother Nature" created Hurricane Katrina, a massive destructive force which no mass shooting in the US has even come close to in sheer destructive power. And that storm from Mother Nature did not care if little puppies or little babies born to liberals stood in its path. And Hurricane Katrina was a result of the physical evolution of planet earth. One could say in a sense, that evolution gave birth to Katrina.

Evolution be it the physical explanation of how planets formed in the universe, or the explanation for how biological life arose on earth, has involved some violence. And a violence we humans might emotionally regard as cruel. Biological evolution itself, per the theory in science, does not work without selective pressures. It requires inequality not equality. It requires losers and not a world in which all are winners. Competition is a necessary ingredient for biological evolution to occur.
Just Me

Post by Just Me »

Greta wrote:
Just Me wrote:What is Nature?
What have been your thoughts about nature to this point? I'd describe nature as the workings of the universe, of reality.
I am very confused by Nature because on one hand it seems to have infinite potential and on the other it doesn't seem to know exactly what it's doing. Just take a look at our species for example what an amazing piece of work we are from a biological point of view and yet from another point of view we're a bunch of idiots.

-- Updated January 26th, 2016, 12:17 am to add the following --
Our attitude towards it should be to not have an attitude towards it. To have an attitude towards something suggests we are outside of that something while we 'attitude' at it. It is irrational to assume one can be outside of nature. So the attitude to lose would be irrationality.
I realize that I am part of Nature and not separate from it. I know that we are actively taking part of the evolutionary process of our species for example.
Granth

Post by Granth »

Supine wrote: Canines and bonobos have emotions. But those animals don't have political parties nor engage in philosophical discourse. The emotions humans have are tied into politics, ideologies, personal philosophical views about life.
This is all useful information, I'm sure. I will be extra vigilant when I am next filling out voting papers.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Just Me wrote:... on one hand it seems to have infinite potential and on the other it doesn't
seem to know exactly what it's doing. Just take a look at our species for example what an amazing piece of work we are from a biological point of view and yet from another point of view we're a bunch of idiots.
Idiots compared with whom? The most stupid able person on the planet is still amongst of the most complex and intelligent entities for many trillions of miles. What is confusing you is the current pejorative narrative about human beings - that we're viruses, parasites, evil, destructive, selfish, stupid, sadistic etc etc. Disregard it all. That kind of talk is not only naive and lacking perspective or realism, it's a mentally unhealthy stance, driven by emotion, not logic.

Humans are part of the biosphere. What humans are doing is what the biosphere is doing. Destruction is necessary to make room for construction. If I was a biosphere, constantly consuming myself to live, I might feel motivated to refine my processes to reduce suffering too. (This does not need be a conscious move by the biosphere, no more conscious than life gravitating towards warm springs in otherwise icy conditions). Humans are part of the biosphere which, in many communities, have created lives that are largely free of violence - lives with milder levels of suffering and privations than in the wild, the stability giving us the ability to engage in scientific discovery, morality and creativity. You can't do these things when running from predators or disabled by parasites.

All new structures comes at the expense of old ones. Over the last century beautiful and complex - but savage - natural structures (ecosystems) are making way for cities and their resource centres. Humans, our culture, morality - everything about us - is still deeply flawed, with a number of destructive vestigial remnants from our recent past. That's to be expected since we only moved from a wild and nomadic way of life 10,000 years ago. What is 10,000 years in evolutionary time scales? Negligible. So we remain not entirely domesticated, still prone to selfishness, violence, cruelty, stupidity, paranoia and so on, but we are making rapid strides both mentally and morally.

Some will object. If humanity is getting better then why does it seem like we're getting worse, more corrupt and vapid? Because progress is not a smooth linear process, but a bumpy road with some backward steps. However, the overall thrust is progressive - at least if you compare today's humans to those a million years ago.

Even then, those enthused by the "noble savage" stereotype some might argue that at least early humans were "in harmony" with nature. I personally do not see being terrorised by predators, infested by parasites, having short lifespans, high infant mortality, unreliable water, no electricity and so forth as positive. So what if humanity survives if we revert to an apelike "natural" existence? Humanity's survival means nothing if we revert to being ignorant savages.

My guess is that the wealthier half of humanity will continue its current trend of decimating both the natural world and the poor. This century will surely see a scale of human death not seen since the Black Plague. How long can the Earth carry 7 billion people? So far it's lasted five years with that load and it's no sustainable. Something's got to give this century, and you can be sure it's the most vulnerable people, animals and plant species. That's the short to medium term.

Looking further into the future again, it seem inevitable that much of the Earth's surface will one day be desolate. However, many futurists believe that isolated and sealed cities of highly advanced humans will remain, gaining their energy sustainably with advanced methods. These future beings, enhanced with AI and synthetic body parts, will become increasingly artificial, ever more freed from the suffering and limits of their basic biology, their original "nature". Humans are expanding the limits of nature on Earth. No matter how "artificial" we become, we cannot escape being expressions of nature, expressions of the Earth.

If humans can eventually free themselves from biological demands then humanity's conflicts of interest with the natural world will reduce, perhaps allowing the planet to gradually re-green. This is just one view, of course. There are many.
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated—Gandhi.
Supine

Post by Supine »

Just Me wrote: I am very confused by Nature because on one hand it seems to have infinite potential and on the other it doesn't seem to know exactly what it's doing. Just take a look at our species for example what an amazing piece of work we are from a biological point of view and yet from another point of view we're a bunch of idiots.
This is not coming from me but from philosophers of biology. Or at least from a philosophy of biology course I took. The Theory of Evolution philosophers say requires no Intelligent Designer. And they are correct that in the natural sciences no intelligence is ascribed to "Mother Nature" as a designer with a preset intended goal.

"Nature" is not a single intelligent entity like a human architect drawing up plans on a house to build or a God that designs a universe with an intention for man on earth to behave, think, and believe in x, y, z ways.

Evolution in no way suggests "things get better" per human moral and material conceptions of that phrase: getting better.

The physical evolution of the universe and planet earth offers rational explanations as to why and how the inorganic world operates. The biological evolution of life on earth proposes to offer a rational explanation as to how various species came about and why all life forms share some common cellular characteristics, why certain traits may survive or die out in a population; in short the sex and death of organism within a species.

I generally have more fiscally liberal economic beliefs, particularly for developing nations like Brazil. That has little to nothing to do with the Theory of Evolution. The Nazi (once widely held American beliefs) eugenics beliefs and the scientific and social applications to improve the genetic stock of a national population by weeding out "less desirables" is more in line with the Theory of Evolution than my sympathies for fiscally liberal policies, social and moral views that seek to protect the weak, vulnerable, "undesirable" and to protect their reproductive rights. The former eugenics movement of the USA widely pushed by liberals (and conservatives) that sterilized young American girls, many black, some poor whites or whites of low IQ, denied undesirable women in the USA the right to reproduce (to pass on their genes).

And as Greta pointed out, life is only known on earth, and out of all that abundant and diverse life on earth it is humans that are hands down the most intelligent of all life forms on earth. Great intelligence comes with pros and cons. The more intelligent a species or individual the greater good or destruction they can cause. Human intelligence has advanced medical and space science but it has also polluted the earth and created nuclear weapons and other weapons of mass destruction which we used to cause massive destruction and death in Tokyo, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, and many other other Japanese cities.
Just Me

Post by Just Me »

All new structures comes at the expense of old ones. Over the last century beautiful and complex - but savage - natural structures (ecosystems) are making way for cities and their resource centres. Humans, our culture, morality - everything about us - is still deeply flawed, with a number of destructive vestigial remnants from our recent past. That's to be expected since we only moved from a wild and nomadic way of life 10,000 years ago. What is 10,000 years in evolutionary time scales? Negligible. So we remain not entirely domesticated, still prone to selfishness, violence, cruelty, stupidity, paranoia and so on, but we are making rapid strides both mentally and morally.

Some will object. If humanity is getting better then why does it seem like we're getting worse, more corrupt and vapid? Because progress is not a smooth linear process, but a bumpy road with some backward steps. However, the overall thrust is progressive - at least if you compare today's humans to those a million years ago.
Thanks Greta for that great reply.

I agree with you, I know we are evolving as a species and have made great progress in many areas. There are many people who tell me the world is worse than ever before and I always disagree with them and point out parts of history where things were much much worse. I see how humans are evolving faster in some parts of the world compared to others and I wonder how long it will take for the others to catch up.

It's interesting how we humans have evolved and reached such a high level of consciousness where we are aware and capable of so much. I think it was Alan Watts who said, I may be paraphrasing here "You are a way for the universe to experience itself" Nature has created a species that is able to look at marvel at itself that is quite amazing. Its' like we've become the embodiment of Nature and evolution.

-- Updated January 26th, 2016, 11:34 am to add the following --
This is not coming from me but from philosophers of biology. Or at least from a philosophy of biology course I took. The Theory of Evolution philosophers say requires no Intelligent Designer. And they are correct that in the natural sciences no intelligence is ascribed to "Mother Nature" as a designer with a preset intended goal.
Isn't it logical to think that Nature has to have some kind of intelligence to be able to do all that it does?

"Nature" is not a single intelligent entity like a human architect drawing up plans on a house to build or a God that designs a universe with an intention for man on earth to behave, think, and believe in x, y, z ways.
This I agree with.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Just Me wrote:Thanks Greta for that great reply.
Thanks, though apart from typos, I'd like to make a correction to ""Humanity's survival means nothing if we revert to being ignorant savages". Given the way evolution teds to pick up from where it left off with renewed gusto after every single extinction, if we survive as ignorant savages, if there are enough resources to sustain then them I expect that "Humanity 2.0" would civilise far more rapidly than version 1 did. So the wiping out of civilisation is only catastrophic in the short to medium term.
Just Me wrote:I agree with you, I know we are evolving as a species and have made great progress in many areas. There are many people who tell me the world is worse than ever before and I always disagree with them and point out parts of history where things were much much worse. I see how humans are evolving faster in some parts of the world compared to others and I wonder how long it will take for the others to catch up.
I find it hard to imagine that all will catch up. What you will find is a stretching - and ever larger gulf between the wealthiest and most advanced and the poorest - who it should be said will continue to progress at a good pace, just much more slowly than those in elite circumstances. I've previously postulated here that I anticipate that this "stretching" of the bounds of humanity will eventually result in a species split in hundreds or thousands of years.
Just Me wrote:It's interesting how we humans have evolved and reached such a high level of consciousness where we are aware and capable of so much. I think it was Alan Watts who said, I may be paraphrasing here "You are a way for the universe to experience itself" Nature has created a species that is able to look at marvel at itself that is quite amazing. Its' like we've become the embodiment of Nature and evolution.
Yes, it's perplexing. It's as though we find it hard to believe that beings like us could exist. It doesn't seem "natural", which of course means we need to extend our notions of what nature is.

Many of us find humanity remarkably unlikely - the apparent gulf between us and other animals. Yet this gulf did not exist when early hominids lived in constant fear of big cats and other predators, who were effectively humanity's peers in terms of power, if not intelligence. By the time Homo sapiens arrived humanity was already well established and H. sapiens busily went about its job of eliminating its competition, as many animals do. Once we'd slaughtered or fatally displaced any hominids that looked remotely like a threat to our wellbeing we set about creating a stable and safe environment. The combination of intelligence and stability resulted in an ever growing body of knowledge handed down generations, facilitating our species' exponential progression in all areas and changing the face of the planet.

So the "gap" between H. sapiens and other animals was effectively manufactured by us. I've wondered about what an interesting world it would be if our hominid ancestors were still alive - Autralopithecus, Homo habilis, Neanderthal etc but realised that less empowered human species would have surely still been slaughtered at some point or another, especially if they even looked like getting in Homo sapiens' way. Even if they survived, the discrimination and mistreatment would have been harsh. Survival of the fittest. Not pretty. So far, anyway.

To be fair, less empowered hominids would have been unlikely to survive the Mount Toba volcano 70,000BC, which nearly wiped out our species too. npr.org/sections/krulwich/2012/10/22/16 ... 70-000-b-c. I suspect that all intelligent life to evolve in the universe will have a similar evolutionary tale of eliminating any seriously competing intelligent species.
Supine

Post by Supine »

Just Me wrote:Isn't it logical to think that Nature has to have some kind of intelligence to be able to do all that it does?
Two things.

One, if by "do all that it does," you are referring to the complex interconnectedness of the abundant and diverse life forms on earth and the specific positioning of the earth to its sun, then yes, I'm persuaded that an Intelligent Designer caused genomic genesis on planet earth and created the universe with the intent of a planet--that one being earth--to be biologically privileged.

But that Intelligent Designer--who also created the universe as I said in so many words--would be The One God and not intelligent aliens from another planet nor "Nature" herself who is an effect of cause, in terms of time then linguistically and "after" and not a "before."

Christians theologically (theology can be called "religious philosophy") refers to God as "First Cause." The first cause of everything. The alpha and the omega who stands outside of time itself. Albeit "time" is perceptual and in the science of physics is defined, as everything else in physics is, by its functionslity. Time in physics is interrelated to space as physics studies the motions of things. And so our perception of the movement of objects or things is dependent on the fact we exist in a space.

So, in physics the term time is spoken of and used for purpose of its function in physics as a science to better help us understand the world. As many a man discovers and notes, for ages upon ages, the older a person gets the shorter a year seems and the faster time seems to move. This is because time is perceptual and it has to do with the way our brains perceive things (which can be interconnected to our eyesight).

If in fact Mother Nature has intelligence and is leading evolutionary processes towards a goal, let alone one humans subjectively like to refer to as "getting better" (like monogamy for gay people, the monogamy idea of being "better" is inherited by atheists and agnostics from Christians and other "religious" people, just as their objection to forcible rape, which male canines commit on male cats and female canines. For how outside of "religion" can one objectively conclude Hurricane Katrina killing puppies and children and men raping women is necessarily wrong? Especially when in all the natural sciences these things are amoral issues), then Mother Nature is God.

So, frequently it is that atheist claim to not believe in an Intellegent Designer, belittling Christians, but in fact most of those same atheists unwittingly champion the idea that the universe and life, and intelligent mankind were all created by an Intelligent Designer.

Two, the prevailing view in the sciences, because science draws upon no Intelligent Designer or God as an explanation for the creation of the universe and life on earth, is that evolution occurs through algorithms and mathematical probability. The well known quote by atheists and liberal Christians that if a typewriter were given enough time it would by mathematical probability type out the entire Bible.

Return to “Philosophy of Religion, Theism and Mythology”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream