Can the God be a "Conscious Earth"?

Discuss philosophical questions regarding theism (and atheism), and discuss religion as it relates to philosophy. This includes any philosophical discussions that happen to be about god, gods, or a 'higher power' or the belief of them. This also generally includes philosophical topics about organized or ritualistic mysticism or about organized, common or ritualistic beliefs in the existence of supernatural phenomenon.
QuarterMaster69
New Trial Member

Re: Can the God be a "Conscious Earth"?

Post by QuarterMaster69 »

kk23wong wrote: February 19th, 2017, 1:32 pm I wonder nobody ever point out that the existence of the God is actually a "Conscious Earth", a life form of a higher level.
A "Conscious Earth" didn't create these forums--a conscious person did. It has already been determined that God is dead, by the way, so pointing out that God is this or God is that is futile.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Steve3007 wrote: March 7th, 2018, 7:02 am
Greta wrote:A fair analogy could be made about humanity when the faeces hits the propeller - the most likely to survive what's coming appear to be billionaires and corporations (holed up in AI protected insulated environments) and bands of militia (for whom the situation will be normal a la Mad Max). Yet "from little things, big things grow" - from microbes to T-Rex to Gandhi - so I'm hopeful that the new survivors will become more civilised when the environment settles down enough, or they adapt sufficiently, to allow them to re-gentrify. Again, it is up to the environment, not us; we just appear to be agents of change like the blue-green algae, and probably with a small amount more control over what we do than our microbial forebears.
At first, it does seem probable that the billionaires (and possibly Mel Gibson) will be the survivors. But will they? To do so, they'd have to use their billions to create their protective bubbles well in advance of any catastrophic breakdown - and do it in a way that doesn't attract too much attention. Leave it too late and suddenly the power over other people that society confers on those who have lots of money vanishes, because money suddenly becomes meaningless.
I would be surprised if there hasn't been considerable work done already on creating such self sustaining bubbles.

However, it's not quite so Hollywood unless there's an asteroid strike. There is still plenty of time to gradually prepare, as the poorest and unluckiest will be surely picked off by natural disasters and conflicts this century; population appears likely to reduce at some point.

Also note that when the system breaks down then possession becomes ownership. If you happen to own power plants, AI and manufacturing facilities, who is going to stand in your way if the public infrastructure is in disrepair? A powerful AI defence will increasingly be essential, though.
Steve3007 wrote:People with power generally have that power because of their ability to get loads of other people to do stuff for them.
Another area where people will be replaced by robots.
Steve3007

Post by Steve3007 »

Greta wrote:However, it's not quite so Hollywood unless there's an asteroid strike.
Yes, I have to admit I had the movie "2012" in mind when I was thinking of that whole "preparation of the protective bubble without drawing too much attention" thing. Those arks in Tibet.
There is still plenty of time to gradually prepare, as the poorest and unluckiest will be surely picked off by natural disasters and conflicts this century; population appears likely to reduce at some point.
Yes, I suppose so. As long as the poor don't overrun the fortresses of the rich with their/our sheer weight of numbers, like the zombies in Israel in "World War Z".
Also note that when the system breaks down then possession becomes ownership.
This is a very good point. Although I note that you seem quite pre-occupied with AI and robots of late.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Steve3007 wrote: March 7th, 2018, 8:37 pm
Also note that when the system breaks down then possession becomes ownership.
This is a very good point. Although I note that you seem quite pre-occupied with AI and robots of late.
Yes, because it is THE game changer. AI's replacement of human workers completely changes the dynamics of capital and labour. Labour becomes something else, not a source of energy (which robots do well) but a source of information. To what end? Possibly it's own end as it increasingly becomes synonymous with wealth.

Realistically, humans are not going to venture far in space. We are biological - unsuited to the task. This is a bit of a problem, given that the oceans will have boiled off the Earth in one billion years, and presumably the planet's surface will be hostile to life long before that time, aside from extremophiles and any synthetic intelligent entities that may exist by then.

By the same token, when plants and simple animals reproduce they don't send unprotected fleshy bits out to spread their DNA but tight, protected, information-dense packets that do not display all of life's attributes, being more akin to a dormant state. Perhaps AI in time will carry the DNA of life forms deemed useful for the seeding or awakening of suitable worlds they encounter? I find it hard to imagine it not happening. Even Elon Musk's car in space famously has the remote potential of seeding another world with life :)
Papus79

Post by Papus79 »

I keep in mind that we're really, really early to the party. In the course of the span of the human race - if it's to get a start at all, we're still in the last major throws of barbarism. It's a scary time but I could see us advancing significantly in another 5,000 to 10,000 years, which wouldn't even be a visible section of time on a block of 1 billion.
Humbly watching Youtube in Universe 25. - Me
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Papus79 wrote: March 7th, 2018, 11:37 pm I keep in mind that we're really, really early to the party. In the course of the span of the human race - if it's to get a start at all, we're still in the last major throws of barbarism. It's a scary time but I could see us advancing significantly in another 5,000 to 10,000 years, which wouldn't even be a visible section of time on a block of 1 billion.
Agreed, and this is a notion rarely considered.

I'm reminded of Michio Kaku's TV series about the future where humans a million years hence were envisioned to still be living in apartments as nuclear family units, going to work and school as usual - just with many fancy doodads around them. However, a brief look at history - when societal change was much slower than today - and you can see how dramatically differently people lived 1,000 years ago. In 1,000 years' time people won't recognisably be speaking the same languages.

Some humans by that time may be so enhanced by implants, biotech, nanotech and prosthetics that they will effectively be a different species, no longer able (or willing) to breed with regular humans. Failing revolution or utter catastrophe, it's hard to imagine how powerful corporations will become with AI and tech advances in that period.
Barry Sears

Post by Barry Sears »

Greetings Teru Wong,
"Conscious Earth", a life form of a higher level.
I believe our ancient civilisations plotted the World body from the Heads of Easter Island to the feet, it is with our fully mapped World that you can now see a physical structure of the Earth. This World body corresponds directly with the anatomical positions set by our ancient teachers. By recognising the World body it is acceptable to believe it is a much larger and higher level of life.

I have been studying life on Earth based on this recognition of the physical form of Earth for many years. It is evident that life on each of the different parts of the Earths body, is expressive of the anatomical location. When researching animal features, it appears that unique features are directly correlated to the World anatomy. This is also evident when studying all species that are scattered around the globe, that acute adaptions are also directly correlated to the World's anatomy.

It is evident that evolution of life on Earth is directly linked to the evolution and formation of the Earth itself.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Barry Sears wrote: April 2nd, 2018, 7:27 amIt is evident that evolution of life on Earth is directly linked to the evolution and formation of the Earth itself.
It looks that way. I am undecided as to whether evolution is gestation or maturing as observed from the inside - or maybe both, in which case, when was the "birth"? Or perhaps there been multiple "births", eg. abiogenesis, multicellularity, intelligence, humans/smart technology?

Since the Earth is not an organism like its inhabitants, it may operate under different rules, so multiple births and deaths can occur. For instance, the Moon is said to be "dead", with a cold core, and no geological activity, magnetic field or atmosphere. However, if the Moon was pushed into a close but uneven orbit around Jupiter, then the tidal forces would re-heat its core, triggering geological activity (which preceded abiogenesis on Earth), essentially bringing the satellite back to "life".
Barry Sears

Post by Barry Sears »

In 1985, the first public symposium on the Gaia hypothesis, Is The Earth A Living Organism?

I rather detail the separate components of evolution and creation. As the World itself appears forged to a template and resides within a system of multiple bodies all living in a life-cycle, within the repetitively forged galaxies whom also evolve in their own lifecycle. These larger existing evolved systems provide the energies, the pattern, the creative forces, influencing the development and evolution of terrestrial life. These denoted creative forces have been identified and detailed by our predecessors and recorded in history. The Earth itself can be seen as a forged form, from head to tail and now we can see how terrestrial life is forged to this same template.
Upon being presented in the expressive phase, Earth life evolves within the compression of pre-evolved energy systems and templates influencing the production of life forms. These creative forces constantly influencing the growing intricacy and global scattering of forms. The evolutionary element applying to the terrestrial life forms on Earth but the creative element denoted by the seemingly constant template or forces exerted on life on Earth, the smaller component. Although the larger forms of the Earth, solar system and galaxies evolve on a different time scale, they appear constant form our perspective as life on Earth and so act as creative forces.

I would consider the Earth a living organism and have identified and detailed anatomical recognition, contemplate and comprehend a more organic life-cycle process.

In 1985, the first public symposium on the Gaia hypothesis, Is The Earth A Living Organism? was held...
Barry Sears

Post by Barry Sears »

I am undecided as to whether evolution is gestation or maturing

Evolution and adaptation are constantly active. We know that DNA is switched on and off. We are all exposed to changing environmental conditions and factors that we also don't necessarily consider or measure. On a long term scale we know by identifying galaxies that are in different phases of existence, each would produce different conditions for the life within each galaxy. We know that planets are positioned and exposed to different conditions, producing environments altering surface expression. Although we recognise these large energy systems and comprehend there ability to change, they offer little change to influence our personal lives, but studying fossil records offers clues which indicate changes that have altered terrestrial life.
To life on Earth adaptation is continuous. Considering if change is only passed on through childbirth would determine the most evident point of transition but as we grow older and change our influence is still potential for evolutionary changes, although more subtle. Consider two people exposed to extremely different conditions, their DNA would be influential to a new child, but the Childs upbringing perhaps isolated from the parents is also extremely influential. Changes could be non genetic and still influential to evolution. Consider the invention of radioactive material producing mutations or the invention of sunscreen or jelly beans. What effect does it have on the body and how does this effect the ability to adapt. If the Earth moves closer to the sun and in thousands of years, it is a fraction warmer does sunscreen now, work retrograde to the process of adaptation. What effect does a sunglass or smoking society play on subtle forms of adaptation producing small but evolutionary changes. What effect would a decisions to move to another country have on the evolution passage.
I was thinking today that perhaps the potential to change or adapt, producing measurable evolutionary shifts is relative to the period of a life-cycle, but I guess there is potential in just the smallest of moments to produce large effects, which may simply alter the process of change.

Return to “Philosophy of Religion, Theism and Mythology”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream