What do we lose when we believe?

Discuss philosophical questions regarding theism (and atheism), and discuss religion as it relates to philosophy. This includes any philosophical discussions that happen to be about god, gods, or a 'higher power' or the belief of them. This also generally includes philosophical topics about organized or ritualistic mysticism or about organized, common or ritualistic beliefs in the existence of supernatural phenomenon.
Alias
Favorite Philosopher: Terry Pratchett

Re: What do we lose when we believe?

Post by Alias »

Though this post wasn't addressed to me, it did make reference to me in font of my back, as it were, so I feel a tiny bit entitled to interject
Fanman wrote: I understand your position,
You do? What exactly is her position? Or her top three positions?
but even as a philosophical theist, you're never going to win a logical argument with an atheist, and the simple reason you won't or get them to seriously consider that what you're saying is valid, is a lack of evidence.
Plus a lack of logic. At least you should construct a coherent framework of concepts, definitions and sequence of events; maybe just a consistent perspective - rather than jump back and forth from conjecture to narrative, gut feeling to historical devolution. I would at least consider a logical argument that I could follow.
Since there are no hard facts about God, there's no valid reason for an atheist to believe that God exists.
Consider, too, the question: If God does exist and doesn't manifest, how does is his existence relevant to mine, and how is my belief relevant to him?
Whitedragon

Post by Whitedragon »

Alias wrote:Though this post wasn't addressed to me, it did make reference to me in font of my back, as it were, so I feel a tiny bit entitled to interject
Fanman wrote: I understand your position,
You do? What exactly is her position? Or her top three positions?
but even as a philosophical theist, you're never going to win a logical argument with an atheist, and the simple reason you won't or get them to seriously consider that what you're saying is valid, is a lack of evidence.
Plus a lack of logic. At least you should construct a coherent framework of concepts, definitions and sequence of events; maybe just a consistent perspective - rather than jump back and forth from conjecture to narrative, gut feeling to historical devolution. I would at least consider a logical argument that I could follow.
Since there are no hard facts about God, there's no valid reason for an atheist to believe that God exists.
Consider, too, the question: If God does exist and doesn't manifest, how does is his existence relevant to mine, and how is my belief relevant to him?[/quote

Hi, Alias, if you could read my post before this one and respond on that, I would appreciate it, although it wasn't addressed to you, feel free to jump between conversations. I regret that you find my arguments scattered, but try to understand we're trying to work with age old discussions here. I also think that some of my arguments are pretty good, despite them lacking structure, perhaps. I'm just glad we're all still here and keeping the conversation rolling.
We are a frozen spirit; our thoughts a cloud of droplets; different oceans and ages brood inside – where spirit sublimates. To some our words, an acid rain, to some it is too pure, to some infectious, to some a cure.
Alias

Post by Alias »

Whitedragon wrote: How do you know what you require. We often end up in a physician's consolation room, only to find out that we lack some supplement, often as a subsequent diagnosis to something else. Doctor: "I see, looks like you have laryngitis, oh and btw you lack vitamin B12." See my point? How do you know what you require as a lay, the religious were doing this as a profession.
Thge rabbi, the priest, the imam, the popa, the televangelist, the shaman, the mambo, the druid, or the guru?
They each tell me I need a different spiritual vitamins. If I took all of them, and didn't die of the exertion, ISIS would still cut off my head.
So, there you have my first response to OPQ: What I would lose is the autonomy to decide what my own requirements are and hand the most vital decisions of my life over to strangers - every one of which has an axe to grind, or something to gain, other than my interest.
I regret that you find my arguments scattered, but try to understand we're trying to work with age old discussions here. I also think that some of my arguments are pretty good, despite them lacking structure,
They may be "good" in some context, but if they're not in the context of my question, they're exactly as non-consequential as if they were bad. Since I'm familiar with the age-old claims and narrative, your suddenly saying "that doesn't matter" or "make up your own story" fails to support an argument in favour of that tradition.
I never figured out what it is you want me to make an effort to believe.
[Chili - As for aliens revealing themselves - there is considerable research to suggest that this would cause a panic - particular among those who are the most wedded to their religious beliefs and traditions.]
I don't see why, God created the universe, not just planet Earth.
Here you go, moving the rails again. It's not about creation, it's about human reaction.
Are you sure people, especially religious people, wouldn't get upset about aliens usurping their gods' job description?

-- Updated October 24th, 2017, 2:46 pm to add the following --

If God does exist and doesn't manifest, how does is his existence relate to mine, and how is my belief relevant to him?
Whitedragon

Post by Whitedragon »

You must choose what you want to believe, it's everybody's choice what religion you choose. Certainly you can study many and try out many, but when you get to the core the ideas are different.

As for putting your fate into stranger's hands, if you're hanging with one hand from a cliff, surely you'll grab a stranger's hand? Problem is, many people don't know, or can't know that they're hanging from a cliff.

Side note,

I'll try to respond to your questions more directly, how was this?
We are a frozen spirit; our thoughts a cloud of droplets; different oceans and ages brood inside – where spirit sublimates. To some our words, an acid rain, to some it is too pure, to some infectious, to some a cure.
Fanman

Post by Fanman »

Whitedragon:
But like I say, perhaps there is a good reason we shouldn't be able to prove it ... come close to proving it, but not quite. Perhaps proof would rob us of our intellectual an emotional responsibility, would proof not detract from our personal growth and evolution?
I think that's a valid point. Having belief through faith allows for a greater degree of free will. Whereas if there was empirical evidence of God, we'd have no choice other than to acknowledge "his" existence and universal authority. Hence God would move from the realm of the "spirit" to the realm of the secular. With proof of the existence of God comes his accountability, whereby the problem of evil becomes a reality, rather than a philosophical question. God would be inundated with complaints and we could also become reliant on his existence as a given, rather than face our own accountability.

Its difficult to say how we would progress as a species if we knew God existed, but on the other side of the coin, things may change for the better if we knew that our fates were of an eternal nature, based upon our conduct. Proof of God may also invalidate the sacrifice of Christ, as according to scripture, belief in Christ is the only way to know God. As with everything, I think that proof of God would have both negative and positive effects, such that I couldn't say for sure whether I think it is better with or without proof. There are lots of implications to cover.

-- Updated October 24th, 2017, 4:14 pm to add the following --

Alias:

Apologies, perhaps I should have mentioned you by name earlier.
You do? What exactly is her position? Or her top three positions?
I meant her position as a theist.
I think that you're correct in the strictest sense. Belief in God unavoidably incorporates conjecture, narrative and gut feeling. That may be to compensate for lack of consistent logical flow and empirical evidence or that may just be the nature of religious belief. I think that in asking for a coherent framework of concepts, definitions and sequence of events or even for a consistent perspective, perhaps you may be asking for the impossible.
Consider, too, the question: If God does exist and doesn't manifest, how does is his existence relevant to mine, and how is my belief relevant to him?

I haven't a clue. I think there are more philosophical questions that imply God does not exist, than questions which imply that he/it does.
Theists believe, agnostics ponder and atheists analyse. A little bit of each should get us the right answer.
Alias

Post by Alias »

Whitedragon wrote:You must choose what you want to believe, it's everybody's choice what religion you choose. Certainly you can study many and try out many, but when you get to the core the ideas are different.
Indeed. The ones I like best don't make a big splash in today's hierarchy of religious powers.
The modern idea I like best is the united Nations.
Since I don't perceive myself as hanging from a cliff and in need of psychic rescuing, I choose none of the practicing professional charlatans as my guide.
I'll try to respond to your questions more directly, how was this?
Fine. Still not making feel the need you apparently have to play guessing-games with a god.
Fanman -- I meant her position as a theist.
Yes, I got that far. What i couldn't work out was what her position as a theist is. What god, what doctrine, what morality, what mythology she believes in. What god, what doctrine, what mythology she's asking us to price-check.
I think that in asking for a coherent framework of concepts, definitions and sequence of events or even for a consistent perspective, perhaps you may be asking for the impossible.
Every prophet, synod and conclave; every religious body has done it. They wrote books with beginning, middle and end, all about the same god or group of gods, with an articulated and sometimes numbered set of laws, by-laws and punishments for non-compliance. They have extensive literatures of commentary and apologetics to update the belief-system from one historical period to the next, and in response to secular challenges. It's not impossible if you choose one from outset and stick to it.

-- Updated October 24th, 2017, 5:26 pm to add the following --

But if it is impossible to construct a comprehensible argument for a belief in something-or-other that doesn't manifest for some-reason-or-other,
what makes you think it's possible to choose to believe in any theology?
Whitedragon

Post by Whitedragon »

Fanman wrote:Whitedragon:
But like I say, perhaps there is a good reason we shouldn't be able to prove it ... come close to proving it, but not quite. Perhaps proof would rob us of our intellectual an emotional responsibility, would proof not detract from our personal growth and evolution?
I think that's a valid point. Having belief through faith allows for a greater degree of free will. Whereas if there was empirical evidence of God, we'd have no choice other than to acknowledge "his" existence and universal authority. Hence God would move from the realm of the "spirit" to the realm of the secular. With proof of the existence of God comes his accountability, whereby the problem of evil becomes a reality, rather than a philosophical question. God would be inundated with complaints and we could also become reliant on his existence as a given, rather than face our own accountability.

Its difficult to say how we would progress as a species if we knew God existed, but on the other side of the coin, things may change for the better if we knew that our fates were of an eternal nature, based upon our conduct. Proof of God may also invalidate the sacrifice of Christ, as according to scripture, belief in Christ is the only way to know God. As with everything, I think that proof of God would have both negative and positive effects, such that I couldn't say for sure whether I think it is better with or without proof. There are lots of implications to cover.

-- Updated October 24th, 2017, 4:14 pm to add the following --

Alias:

Apologies, perhaps I should have mentioned you by name earlier.
You do? What exactly is her position? Or her top three positions?
I meant her position as a theist.
I think that you're correct in the strictest sense. Belief in God unavoidably incorporates conjecture, narrative and gut feeling. That may be to compensate for lack of consistent logical flow and empirical evidence or that may just be the nature of religious belief. I think that in asking for a coherent framework of concepts, definitions and sequence of events or even for a consistent perspective, perhaps you may be asking for the impossible.

I haven't a clue. I think there are more philosophical questions that imply God does not exist, than questions which imply that he/it does.
Hey, Fanman,

Thanks for the post,

I think we must also bear in mind that according to scriptures, God did reveal himself to his people: The burning bush, angels, Christ's miracles and resurrection. Why should God repeat this over and over? What are the chances of us meeting the president? Now what are the chances of us meeting God ... and yet, to the one who has opened themselves in the slights to spirituality, we can "feel" and "see" God's work. How about the scriptures that says, "blessed is the pure in heart, for they will see God"?

BTW, I'm a guy, not a girl.

-- Updated October 25th, 2017, 2:50 am to add the following --

Hi, Alias,

Thanks for the post,

Also told Fanman, I'm a guy, just to set that straight. lol

You said you prefer the USA, how is the USA spiritual as a country, in the sense that it provides you with religion? I know many believe in gods or God in the USA, but I don't see how a country by it self can provide us with that. That's like saying living in your house makes you a scientist, which is clearly not true in Sheldon Kooper's case.

I also asked Fanman a question about freewill and god revealing himself to us, would you comment on that too, please?
Alias

Post by Alias »

Whitedragon wrote: BTW, I'm a guy, not a girl.
Your on-line persona is as ambiguous as your theology. I went by the picture. Honest mistake.
Of course, you may be pure in spirit, which is very nice. I'm not - which means I don't have the same access to holiness.
I'm content with my lot - it's only people who say they are better for having a god,
who keep telling me what I should need and feel I'm missing.
You said you prefer the USA
Never! I have never said that, even before they committed this unprecedented act of mass dementia that will precipitate
the civil war that tears their nation to shreds. And it's in large part due to their ignorant, aggressive religiosity.
You were talking about ideas, if I recall, which I didn't restrict to spirituality. As ideas go, you could do worse
than un.org/en/universal-declaration-human-r ... index.html
which is more inclusive and fair than any of the religious bodies allow for. WHO, UNICEF and the World Court are good ideas, too.
I also asked Fanman a question about freewill and god revealing himself to us, would you comment on that too, please?
This one?
Its difficult to say how we would progress as a species if we knew God existed,
We never progressed as a species. The question as to whether any of us progressed is still open to debate, but if we did,
you know exactly how it was done: one tribe's gain at another tribe's, or several other other tribes' loss, at ever every step.
Those steps were taken by men who were absolutely certain of their god(s) - who not only knew that their god(s)
exist, but what he/they were like and what he/they demanded of the faithful.
If they hadn't been sure, you wouldn't have a book to consult for the nature of hell and sacrifice.
but on the other side of the coin, things may change for the better if we knew that our fates were of an eternal nature, based upon our conduct.
Do you feel that there is a balance between the ephemeral acts of mortals and the eternal consequences meted out by immortals?
What I mean is, in many situations, not of their own devising nor in their power to control, people have to make decisions
on incomplete or incorrect information, under pressure, with limited options and time.
An act performed hastily, thoughtlessly, instinctively, mistakenly or in obedience to a master, may take a few minutes.
Do you believe it's justice to punish that act for millions or billions of years?
Even the worst human legal system isn't that harsh; at least they have capital punishment to end the offender's suffering.
Anyway, a lot of people who profess to believe in such a divine justice as you refer to, still commit atrocities -
so your answer is: No; it changes nothing in human behaviour. Theists and atheists behave badly, or well, regardless of eternity.
Proof of God may also invalidate the sacrifice of Christ, as according to scripture, belief in Christ is the only way to know God.
One scripture. Do you not find it odd, how often Christians turn to the OT for validation?
The Jews knew their god far better, more intimately, than the modern christian seem to.
Besides, you keep dancing around that sacrifice, without ever explaining what it's supposed to accomplish, and how.
I think that proof of God would have both negative and positive effects, such that I couldn't say for sure whether I think it is better with or without proof. There are lots of implications to cover.
It all depends, as I said before, on what the god wants. Why he decides to show himself or keep playing peek-a-boo.
None of which answer my question:
If a god does not manifest in my world, how is its existence relevant to my life?
Whitedragon

Post by Whitedragon »

Okay, Alias, let's talk a bit about sacrifice, but first let me ask you a question, be honest if you can.

Have you ever done something that you can't forgive yourself for?
Alias

Post by Alias »

Whitedragon wrote: Have you ever done something that you can't forgive yourself for?
No.
I've done many things I regret and some that I'm ashamed of.
I've done a few things that needed a lot of atoning or restitution.
I don't think anybody has done - or could do - something that takes eternity to punish.

-- Updated October 25th, 2017, 5:44 pm to add the following --
If a god does not manifest in my world, how is its existence relevant to my life?

-- Updated October 25th, 2017, 9:47 pm to add the following --
An act performed hastily, thoughtlessly, instinctively, mistakenly or in obedience to a master, may take a few minutes.
Do you believe it's justice to punish that act for millions or billions of years?
How long do you think you can realistically expect to my indulgence?
I answer all your questions; you answer none of mine.
Whitedragon

Post by Whitedragon »

Alias said :
No.
I've done many things I regret and some that I'm ashamed of.
I've done a few things that needed a lot of atoning or restitution.
I don't think anybody has done - or could do - something that takes eternity to punish.
Eternity is not what we think, aside from theology the words of the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonder Land comes to mind, Alice: "How long is forever?" White Rabbit: "Sometimes just a second." We can use this idea as a neutral/friendly/theology-free stance and move from there. BTW, this isn't just fiction, the Seventh day Adventists also believe that we don't go to hell for an eternity... I don't believe that either. What I do believe is that certain things could feel like forever or be that way. We could also take the example of fractals in mathematics to this point.

What would you do with these ideas in terms of "eternal punishment?" How do you think it relates to sacrifice/supernatural sacrifice. Also, what is supernatural. If everything is part of this universe then either everything is natural or supernatural. :idea: Perhaps we get so used to certain things that we forget its wonder: its scientific wonder, its natural wonder. Let's not forget that science only studies nature and is not nature itself. I don't think we should reach the point where we get so used to and so familiar with things around us that we say it's natural, at the very least it remains deeply mysterious, if not supernatural.
Alias

Post by Alias »

Whitedragon wrote: Eternity is not what we think, aside from theology the words of the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonder Land comes to mind, Alice: "How long is forever?" White Rabbit: "Sometimes just a second." We can use this idea as a neutral/friendly/theology-free stance and move from there.
No, we can't. The subject being god and faith, we really can't.
But you can. Shift to fiction, fantasy, whatever.
Theological Improv.
the Seventh day Adventists also believe that we don't go to hell for an eternity... I don't believe that either. What I do believe is that certain things could feel like forever or be that way.
Or cherry-pick other people's religions.... or not, and just make **** up.
We could also take the example of fractals in mathematics to this point.
We could, if you demonstrated how that works.
What would you do with these ideas in terms of "eternal punishment?"
Nothing. I think it's utter and abhorrent BS.
How do you think it relates to sacrifice/supernatural sacrifice.
I don't. It's your claim; your belief.
I just keep asking:
Who sacrificed what to whom, and why?
Also, what is supernatural.
according to Webster's disctionary - a book also available to you:
"1. of or relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universe; especially :of or relating to God or a god, demigod, spirit, or devil
2. a. departing from what is usual or normal especially so as to appear to transcend the laws of nature
b. attributed to an invisible agent (such as a ghost or spirit)"
If everything is part of this universe then either everything is natural or supernatural.
Uh-huh. I'll take option 1.

What is God?
What does it want with me?
If it doesn't manifest in my world, how is it relevant to my life?
Whitedragon

Post by Whitedragon »

Alias said :
If it doesn't manifest in my world, how is it relevant to my life?
How do you know God doesn't manifest in your world? How do you know dark matter/energy manifests in your world, or is that also just a theory? But I guess I know what you're going to say to that already. *sigh*

I could perhaps not as a mathematician explain fractals, but I know enough of it to know that it is a good comparison in this matter.

I don't cherry pick from other faiths, I take my studies seriously. The 7d-Adventists have studied the passages in the Bible, referring to hell. The fire describing hell, is the same word used for the Sodom story, which would suggests that the flames have an eternal feel, but do not last forever; it merely extinguishes the soul from existence, much like the Blade of the angel of death in the TV series, "Lucifer." Since these are studied facts, I don't see how you can say I'm making it up.

BTW, if you think what I'm saying is BS, why are you sticking around? Just a sincere question.
Alias

Post by Alias »

Whitedragon wrote:[A -- If it doesn't manifest in my world, how is it relevant to my life?]
How do you know God doesn't manifest in your world?
I don't know that it does.
How do you know dark matter/energy manifests in your world, or is that also just a theory?
I don't know whether it does or not.

What is the best way to respond to something unknown that might exist, that might act upon the world, that might manifest in some invisible way?

BTW, if you think what I'm saying is BS, [/quote]
There you go, rail-switching again. The BS response was not to you but to the idea. Thusly:
[WD - " What would you do with these ideas in terms of "eternal punishment?""
A - " Nothing. I think it's utter and abhorrent BS."]
Sometimes you advocate, and refer to hell and eternal punishment as if you believed they were real; other times you say it's metaphor; other times you deny it, and refer to schools of theology that refute the existence, or reality, of hell and hellfire.
I never believe it at all, period.
why are you sticking around? Just a sincere question
To defer senile dementia. Mine, not yours.

What is god?
What does it want?
How does it affect me?

-- Updated October 26th, 2017, 3:35 pm to add the following --

Let's see if i can correct the mistakes.
Whitedragon wrote:[A -- If it doesn't manifest in my world, how is it relevant to my life?]
How do you know God doesn't manifest in your world?]
I don't know that it does.
How do you know dark matter/energy manifests in your world, or is that also just a theory?
I don't know whether they do do.
If dark matter and energy are real, how do they affect me? What do they want from me?
What is the appropriate response to something unknown that might exist, that might act upon the world, that might manifest in some invisible way?
BTW, if you think what I'm saying is BS,
There you go, rail-switching again. The BS response was not to you but to the idea. Thusly:
[WD - 'What would you do with these ideas in terms of "eternal punishment?"'
A - 'Nothing. I think it's utter and abhorrent BS.']
Sometimes you advocate hell eternal punishment; other times you say it's metaphor; other times you deny it, and refer to schools of theology that refute the existence, or reality, of hell, hellfire and eternity. It's hard to tell what you believe.
I never believe any if it, period.
why are you sticking around? Just a sincere question
To defer senile dementia. Mine, not yours.

What is god?
What does it want?
How does it affect me?

-- Updated October 27th, 2017, 12:16 pm to add the following --
I don't cherry pick from other faiths, I take my studies seriously. The 7d-Adventists have studied the passages in the Bible, referring to hell. The fire describing hell, is the same word used for the Sodom story, which would suggests that the flames have an eternal feel, but do not last forever; it merely extinguishes the soul from existence,
Then you can be quite definite and coherent in your theology. I found the creed laid out with admirable clarity. Is this what you subscribe to?
https://www.adventist.org/en/beliefs/
Whitedragon

Post by Whitedragon »

Alieas said:
What is god?
What does it want?
How does it affect me?
I'll check out your link later. :)

1. What is God?
God is the person/force, (most likely intelligent), that created/set the universe in motion {to evolve}.

2. What does it want?
The more accurate question would be, what it wants for you. Holy texts, are full of what God wants and I will not repeat it here. In short, God whats your soul/mind to be safe and secure. He also wants a relationship with you - he doesn't want you to be alone or separated from divinity.

3. How does it affect me?
It affects you in every conceivable way, since he/she is the force/entity behind creation, you have in everything to do with God all day.

4.a. Who sacrificed what?
It is our choice if we want to take the story of Christ literal. In short, to my best knowledge, God sacrificed his unblemishedness, isolation/holiness by becoming one of us, dying, and going to hell for us. Bear in mind that God's holiness has been isolated and pure from the very beginning of time, and he had to tarnish himself, that unblemished existence, (3b) for us all, or those who would accept it. Another intense comparison, but ultimately grasping at straws to try and express the depth of the sacrifice, would be to compare it to a child that has been horribly sexually violated, destroying it's purity and innocents; so was that, which God isolated, violated --- something we can never conceive and all comparisons that attempt to describe it is futile: God's holiness was tarnished for our sake. (3c) He gave up his holiness/isolation to be with us and become one with us, because God and man were separated.

Remember how we said God's presents retracted from earth the further man fell from grace into sin. This sacrifice, is God returning to us, despite the impurity of the earth, sacrificing his holiness to be with us and save us from complete rejection and isolation by him.

I hope this helps.

-- Updated October 28th, 2017, 3:39 am to add the following --

Another example of the sacrifice I'd like to put out there, is a mother, sacrificing herself as a prostitute to feed her children and when they find out about her sacrifice later, they reject her.

I hope this gives you something tow work with.

Return to “Philosophy of Religion, Theism and Mythology”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream