God is an Impossibility.

Discuss philosophical questions regarding theism (and atheism), and discuss religion as it relates to philosophy. This includes any philosophical discussions that happen to be about god, gods, or a 'higher power' or the belief of them. This also generally includes philosophical topics about organized or ritualistic mysticism or about organized, common or ritualistic beliefs in the existence of supernatural phenomenon.
Dark Matter
Favorite Philosopher: Paul Tillich

Re: God is an Impossibility.

Post by Dark Matter » February 17th, 2018, 3:22 pm

I think Spectrum should listen more to Jordan Peterson and less to his own imagination.

Greta
Site Admin

Re: God is an Impossibility.

Post by Greta » February 17th, 2018, 5:38 pm

Wayne92587 wrote:
February 14th, 2018, 1:42 pm
God is simply the Omniscience of Everything that existed prior to the Big Bang, which was Nothing.
Technically, saying that God is nothing is to say that God does not exist. However, your previous postings and the fact that you referred to "Nothing" rather than "nothing" makes clear that that is not what you mean.

I also note that you, like various others who come to philosophy forums, often refer to zero and one and create little hieroglyphic type euqations to explain the conceptions in your minds. As I say, you are not the only one. I am not sure if all of you who do this are "speaking the same language" as each other or have your own particular approach. It does seem that many are inspired by the notions of 0/1 and nothing/everything/The All.

Personally, my only experiences with nothingness have been during deep sleep, general anaesthetic and fainting. If God is nothingness then it would seem that It is rejuvenating, incredibly boring dull and ultimately lesser than everything that exists :)