Is Leibniz concept of perfection is logic?

Discuss philosophical questions regarding theism (and atheism), and discuss religion as it relates to philosophy. This includes any philosophical discussions that happen to be about god, gods, or a 'higher power' or the belief of them. This also generally includes philosophical topics about organized or ritualistic mysticism or about organized, common or ritualistic beliefs in the existence of supernatural phenomenon.
kordofany
Favorite Philosopher: Franz Kafka

Is Leibniz concept of perfection is logic?

Post by kordofany » May 18th, 2018, 4:16 pm

Leibnitz said that unlimited perfection is limited to divine perfection.
Is this sentence a fallacy between the concept of perfection which is limited and infinite?

Name Is Unnecessary
New Trial Member

Re: Is Leibniz concept of perfection is logic?

Post by Name Is Unnecessary » May 21st, 2018, 5:29 am

As I look at it with dry logic, it is contradictory, but it should be obvious that this is an oxymoron, which is to say it is made On Purpose and has Broader Meaning. Considering what I know about Leibniz, what he meant could be that perfection is limited people's own projection on gods (coming from "divine perfection" in the main thread).

SirBruce
New Trial Member

Re: Is Leibniz concept of perfection is logic?

Post by SirBruce » August 27th, 2018, 10:08 pm

If I understood Leibniz’s concept of perfection correctly, my vision is this:
Only the divine can be perfect according to human’s definition of « perfection ». Since humans can’t conceive what « perfection » truly is, as they are not devine, therefore, « perfection » must be limited to the devine wich is infinite by definition. Makes sense??