P2. God, Imperatively Must Be Absolutely Perfect

Discuss philosophical questions regarding theism (and atheism), and discuss religion as it relates to philosophy. This includes any philosophical discussions that happen to be about god, gods, or a 'higher power' or the belief of them. This also generally includes philosophical topics about organized or ritualistic mysticism or about organized, common or ritualistic beliefs in the existence of supernatural phenomenon.
Burning ghost

Re: P2. God, Imperatively Must Be Absolutely Perfect

Post by Burning ghost » August 30th, 2018, 11:40 am

Fool -

My idea was his attitude was due to no one attempting to understand him or come to play alongside him. I attempted and failed. My amiable questions were met with hostility which I found quite, quite strange.

I am still of the opinion that the derision he finds thrown his way has had such an effect as to make almost every (if not every) comment put to him to appear one of venom and offense (eg. calling me a “bigot” from my comments would take a very acute imagination prone to seeing offensive at every opportunity.)

Anyway, I had an interesting exchange with Eduk that I hope can be taken up further with more thought (I’ve some ideas already that may be fruitful for us both I hope), so it wasn’t just about taking a small glimpse at a overly defensive position and a failed attempt to reconcile the discussion.
AKA badgerjelly

Eduk
Favorite Philosopher: Socrates

Post by Eduk » August 30th, 2018, 11:48 am

I think it's wise to be conciliatory even when faced with hostility and nonsense. At the end of the day what people say is often nonsense but what they mean is much less often nonsense. Picking apart what someone means is the trick. DM might be quite awkward to talk to but I don't find that I dislike him.
Unknown means unknown.

Burning ghost

Post by Burning ghost » August 30th, 2018, 11:56 am

Sometimes it’s just nonsense because they lack the rigor to attack themselves first and foremost - and it’s never a pretty affair to blungeon your own views to death and rise up without some sense of ire.
AKA badgerjelly

Steve3007
Favorite Philosopher: Eratosthenes

Post by Steve3007 » August 31st, 2018, 9:52 am

viewtopic.php?p=318334#p318334

viewtopic.php?p=296900#p296900
Dark Matter wrote:In short, I’m through with your hypocrisy.

JohnHermes
New Trial Member

Post by JohnHermes » September 17th, 2018, 10:11 am

God, according to the gnostics is just pure awareness. Perception itself is the core of existence. But however, the individual, is the focal point of that absolute awareness. Here's a profound statement by esoteric mystic, William Walker Atkinson
And yet, while the "I" is not God, the Absolute, it is infinitely greater than we have imagined it to be before the light dawned upon us. It extends itself far beyond what we had conceived to be its limits. It touches the Universe at all its points, and is in the closest union with all of Life. It is in the closest touch with all that has emanated from the Absolute—all the world of Relativity. And while it faces the Relative Universe, it has its roots in the Absolute, and draws nourishment therefrom, just as does the babe in the womb obtain nourishment from the mother. It is verily a manifestation of God, and God's very essence is in it. Surely this is almost as "high" a statement as the "I Am God" of the teachers just mentioned,—and yet how different. Let us consider the teaching in detail in this lesson, and in portions of others to follow.