Here's something interesting that I've found called "The 17 Points of the True Church" and while it seems to be only relevant to Christian religions, it does have relevance to this thread:
1) Christ organized the Church (Eph 4:11-14)
2) The true church must bear the name of Jesus Christ (Eph 5:23)
3) The true church must have a foundation of Apostles and Prophets (Eph 2:19-20)
4) The true church must have the same organization as Christ's Church (Eph 4:11-14)
5) The true church must claim divine authority (Heb 5:4-10)
6) The true church must have no paid ministry (1 Cor 9:16-18; Acts 20:33-34; John 10:11-13)
7) The true church must baptise by immersion (Matt 3:13-16)
8 ) The true church must bestow the gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands (Acts 8:14-17)
9) The true church must practice divine healing (Mark 3:14-15)
10) The true church must teach that God and Jesus are seperate and distinct individuals (John 17:11; 20:17)
11) The true church must teach that God and Jesus have bodies of flesh and bone (Luke 23:36-39; Acts 1:9-11; Heb 1:1-3)
12) The officers must be called by God (Heb 4:4; Ex 28:1; 40:13-16)
13) The true church must claim revelation from God (Amos 3:7)
14) The true church must be a missionary church (Matt 28:19-20)
15) The true church must be a restored church (Acts 3:19-20)
16) The true church must practice baptism for the dead (1Cor 15:16&29)
17) "By their fruits ye shall know them." (Matt 7:20)
An interesting story belonging to these seventeen points: It was compiled by a group of students studying the Christian New Testament and after they broke up to go about their lives, they searched diligently to discover for themselves the true church as described by Jesus Christ. Many years later, they got back together and discovered that they had all found the same church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (aka the Mormons).
Alternately, I have also found (on the same site) what is called "The Twenty Points of the True Church" as is described below:
Teachings of the True Church:
1. There will be no physical, visible coming of the Kingdom of God (John 18:36, Luke 17:21).
2. The celebration of the Lord's supper includes bread, wine (Matt 26:26-29) and the washing of each others' feet (John 13:4-15).
3. Marriage and divorce are frowned upon (1 Cor 7, Matt 19:9, Mark 10:2-12).
4. The Jewish Temple ritual will be observed (Acts 2:46).
5. The Church takes priority over family (Luke 14:26, 12:51-53, Matt 10:21).
6. Women must cover the head while praying (1 Cor 11:5-10).
7. Eunuchs will have special respect in the Church (Matt 19:12).
8. Only two commandments: Love God and love thy neighbor (Matt 22:36-40).
Members of the True Church can be recognized by the following:
9. They hold all things in common ownership (Acts 2:44-45).
10. They do not sin (1 John 3:6-9).
11. They can drink poison without harm (Mark 16:18).
12. They do not strike back if you strike them (Matt 5:39).
13. If you ask to borrow anything from them, you do not have to return it (Luke 6:30).
14. They never have to hire movers or earthmoving equipment, or use UPS; they can literally move anything by the power of God (Matt 17:20, 21:21, Mark 11:23).
15. They have no retirement plans, savings account, or food supplies stored away (Matt 6:25-34). And no possessions (Matt 19:16-21, Mark 16:21, Luke 18:22).
16. They never pray in public (Matt 6:5-8).
17. They are like sheep or children (Matt 19:14, 18:3-4, Mark 10:15, John 10:2-27, Heb 13:20).
18. They do not go to a doctor when ill, but heal each other with prayer (James 5:13-15, Mark 16:18).
19. Their children are not rebellious; they kill them if they are (Matt 15:3-9).
20. They do not die (John 8:51, 11:25-26).
This list has a similar story where a group of bible study students came together and compiled this list, went their separate ways, and then one of the group tracked down each of the original members and discovered that each of them had individually come to the same conclusion that there was no true church.
While the end to that story is indeed surprising, I can easily see why they did not find a true church that followed their list.
-- Updated March 9th, 2017, 11:31 pm to add the following --
Here's the site that I found this at so that you can see it for yourselves: http://packham.n4m.org/17points.htm
Truth is Power. Reason is Wisdom. Intelligence is Experience. Hope is Bright!