Which gods don't you believe in, and why don't you?

Discuss philosophical questions regarding theism (and atheism), and discuss religion as it relates to philosophy. This includes any philosophical discussions that happen to be about god, gods, or a 'higher power' or the belief of them. This also generally includes philosophical topics about organized or ritualistic mysticism or about organized, common or ritualistic beliefs in the existence of supernatural phenomenon.
Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
The admin formerly known as Scott
Favorite Philosopher: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Which gods don't you believe in, and why don't you?

Post by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes »

If you can please answer all of the following 9 sets of questions:

1. Do you believe in Zeus and his parents Cronus and Rhea and the other gods of ancient Greek religion? If not, why not?
2. Do you believe Allah as described in Islam exists? If not, why not?
3. Do you believe Xenu and the thetans as described by Scientology exist?
4. Do you believe "God" as described by Christianity exists? If not, why not?
5. Do you believe in Amaterasu and Susanoo and the other gods of the Shinto religion? If not, why not?
6. Do you believe in Cai Shen the Chinese god of prosperity and Zao Jun the Chinese kitchen god as described by Chinese traditional religion?
7. Do you believe Adonai as described by Judaism exists? If not, why not?
8. Do you believe Vishnu, Indra, Agni and the other Hindu gods exist? If not, why not?
9. Do you believe in Waheguru the god of the Sikhism religion? If not, why not?

I have to assume that your answer to at least 8 of those 9 questions is no. I'm curious to see what reasons people have for not believing in the existence of some gods, particularly if they believe in one or more other gods.

As for me, I'm an atheist. My answer to all of those questions is no. I don't believe things without evidence, particularly supernatural things that would invalidate currently known natural laws concluded from valid inductive inference. No religion's mythology meets my standard of belief. I'd sooner believe in Big Foot, as the evidence for his existence is closer to meeting my standard of belief but still insufficient.
My entire political philosophy summed up in one tweet.

"The mind is a wonderful servant but a terrible master."

I believe spiritual freedom (a.k.a. self-discipline) manifests as bravery, confidence, grace, honesty, love, and inner peace.
Abiathar

Post by Abiathar »

This one is difficult for me, as I believe in anthropomorphic personification. In that, anything that consciousness focuses enough willpower on comes into existence... HOWEVER....

1. Do you believe in Zeus and his parents Cronus and Rhea and the other gods of ancient Greek religion? If not, why not? Personally No. I do however believe in the concept of ascension, wherein in cyclic periods individuals "Ascend" or step to a slightly higher level of consciousness inwhich allows them to manipulate the quantum foam of what we currently perceive as reality. In this, we call them 'Gods'. Also, through out history, there appears to be the same number of gods in each pantheon (I do not just mean Major Gods, there were also hundreds of 'Small Gods' in every pantheon.)

2. Do you believe Allah as described in Islam exists? If not, why not? No, I do believe that the Entity that they are describing exists, but its personality is so vastly inhuman that the personification ascribed to Allah cannot be true.

3. Do you believe Xenu and the thetans as described by Scientology exist? Potentially possible, and it does agree with some of the most ancient of religions... granted these religions didn't think you had to PAY for treatment, nor did they think there was one, they did infact believe in both duality, and the concept that innumerable years ago both the human race existed, and said race was inhabited by highly psychic entities from another world. So... Plausible.

4. Do you believe "God" as described by Christianity exists? If not, why not? Same reason I do not believe in Allah as described by the Islams, being as it is the same entity

5. Do you believe in Amaterasu and Susanoo and the other gods of the Shinto religion? If not, why not? Same as answer 1

6. Do you believe in Cai Shen the Chinese god of prosperity and Zao Jun the Chinese kitchen god as described by Chinese traditional religion? also same as answer 1

7. Do you believe Adonai as described by Judaism exists? If not, why not? Same as answer 2 and 4

8. Do you believe Vishnu, Indra, Agni and the other Hindu gods exist? If not, why not? Personally, in this case, Yes I do. Incidently, I do not believe that they were God's however even the Hindu stated that they came from the sky in flying machines... Sooo.

9. Do you believe in Waheguru the god of the Sikhism religion? If not, why not? This... umm Okay, Wonderful Teacher, as the name describes, conflicts with the concept that the entity created everything. Why would an entity that can form a universe from nothing feel the fundamental desire to come down and teach things. However, like Vishnu and the Hindu lot, I do believe in alien life forms, and also that they have interacted with the humans of ancient times. So... Again Plausible.

Hmm, in retrospect, I think that all of the faiths DO have something going for them, I just think that the human concept of them is off.
"I aspire to say in ten sentences what one would say in a novel... and would not say" ~Nietzsche
Alun

Post by Alun »

Unfortunately Richard Dawkins' big forum closed. They had a list going with some 900 distinct gods if I remember correctly.

The God I believe in is not on that list, although He has similarities to 2, 4, 7, and 8. The reason I believe in the God I believe in is because He most coheres with my intuitive understanding of reality in and of itself, and especially with my understanding of people. By intuitive I do not just mean my first gut reaction, but the way I lean when there is not even a hint of rational breeze blowing, such as is the case in considerations about ultimate reality.

That is to say, I have faith for entirely personal, subjective reasons. I do not think my faith is a reason for anyone else to accept or reject any beliefs about ultimate reality. I do not think my faith is directly relevant to empirical truth, ethics, or logical truth. If my faith serves any substantive role in my choices, it is only to motivate me when all else fails, or to support motives that I already have.
"I have nothing new to teach the world" -Mohandas "Mahatma" Gandhi
Zewpals
Premium Member

Post by Zewpals »

I don't believe things without evidence, particularly supernatural things that would invalidate currently known natural laws concluded from valid inductive inference.
I didn't know that there was evidence that a god didn't exist :D. You do believe in no god, don't you?

Anyway....

1) Nope. Lightning has been explained to a relatively-sound degree by science and is efficient enough to derive that an old man sitting on top of Mount Olympus does not throw lightning bolts. People have climbed Mount Olympus and photographs have been taken. There is a severe lack of evidence in the existence of any literal manifestations of Greek mythologies so I therefore do not believe in these gods.

2)No, mainly because I don't even know what Allah is as explained in Islam. I can't believe in something I don't perceive.

3)No, same reason as number 2.

4)No. This is mainly because I don't trust the humans who wrote the bible as perfect people who do not lie, do not intentionally or unintentionally interpret while writing, have perfect translating capabilities, etc. etc. Also, I have observed many small and large paradoxes in the Bible that have hindered my ability to believe in the entity as a whole.

5)No. Same as reason 2.

6)No. Same as reason 2.

7)No. Same as reason 4.

8)No. Same as reason 4.

9)No. Same as reason 2.

Haha sorry for all of the boring responses. I have other reasons for not believing in some of these gods, but I feel the ones I provided are sound enough. Yet still, I am not an atheist.

A religion, to me, is a common ground that people put their faith in without evidence that aims to explain. These explanations can result in many, many effects that can be healthy or unhealthy for the individual, which allows for a completely subjective definition of what religion means and what things taught from religion mean to the individual.

Of course, one does not have to believe in a religion to believe in God.

Your statement,
No religion's mythology meets my standard of belief.
applies to me too. However, I'd sooner believe in Big Foot than believe in no God, as the evidence for his existence is closer to meeting my standard of belief but still insufficient =D.

But, in terms of moral values taught, ethics, mythology, and everything else in the religions stated, I would say that I see a little bit of my own beliefs in 2, 4, 7, and 8. All the other ones (minus 1) I just do not know anything about. I am sure if I searched deep enough in genuine Greek mythology would find areas I agree with; however, I have never actually read direct translations o Greek myths, so I only rely on secondary sources for my interpretations of it.
I love you! :)
Tofreethemind

Post by Tofreethemind »

I do not believe in or subscribe to a physical embodiment of God nor as children, siblings or any other form of relatives of God.

To subscribe to a type of God is to divide God. When the Earth was created, I doubt that there was a general body meeting between Gods, Gurus and leaders of different faiths to see how evolution could lead to salvation or any such theory.

We are so caught in the method we use that we have taken our eyes off the destination. Enjoying the journey is not even on our agenda.

I am much more comfortable with the theory of a creator who is hiding in his creation.
Simon says...

Post by Simon says... »

Do you believe in Zeus and his parents Cronus and Rhea and the other gods of ancient Greek religion? If not, why not?
I do not believe in the physical existence of such beings if that is what you mean, simply because I do believe in scientific explanations for why the world is as it is, which excludes the possibility of their hand in it. To be honest neither do i "believe" in their morals, for the greco-roman gods where AS flawd morally as mortals, hence in greco-roman society religion & ethics where separate entities. Ironically though this makes the personalities of the gods, far more "believable" & realistic!

Do you believe Allah as described in Islam exists? If not, why not?
I think a monotheist creator deity like Allah or the God of the Bible is a fair bit more plausible than the older pagan deities on the basis of the logical problem of infinate causal regress. The best explanation for reality's existence is that reality has some kind of tautological source. However, I see of no logical reason that that source MUST be a conscious entity that has a personality, or that still intervenes in nature, which is what Judaism, Christianity & Islam claim. Whilst an atom, or a neutron star may be "conscious" for a fraction of a milisecond (according to quantum mechanics anyway), that is miles away from having a personality or having human traits like compassion, or being able to intervene in nature later on! In brief, it's not that I believe in the impossibility of a conscious creator source, to the contray I think that is the best explanation, BUT that does NOT make me a monotheist, because a conscious creator source is miles away from being a GOD, for a monotheist GOD has a personality, omnipotence and an ability to influence later on. I believe that such a conscious creator source would only exist for a fraction of a second, after which it would become that which it creates, hence I would say that I am a pantheist.
p.s. From what I know of the Kuran, most of it is very reasonable, which really confuses me because there are a lot of Muslims who genuinely seem to be making their own Islam and not listening to the real message. For a religion that means "peace", some Muslims arn't very peaceful, but then, the same can be said of christianity!

Do you believe Xenu and the thetans as described by Scientology exist?
I do believe that extra terrestrial "life" (albeit not "life" that works in the same biological way that life on earth does) is out there simply because I must weigh up the size of the universe against the probability of something like "life" having the right physical conditions to develop, and actually if you do this the probability is quite high! But I don't believe it is high enough for there to be a great odds that we will ever discover it! The universe is THAT vast you see!

Do you believe "God" as described by Christianity exists? If not, why not?
(See answer on Allah)
p.s. Christianity is actually my least favourite religion, not because of all the obvious things like crusades and inquistion, but because it is the only religion in the world (to my knowledge) to actually worship a deity that allows eternal suffering! At least in Judaism & Islam hell is at worst temporary, and thus there is a consceivable point to it (learning from one's mistakes etc), but eternal damnation is the single most pointless and callous idea to have ever been invented! On top of that you have all the obvious stuff like the idea of circumventing moral responsibilty onto someone else which I couldn't disagree with more! Also the homophobia and implied sexism, as well as the total disregard for the equal validty of every other religon! Don't even get me started on the many layers of sexual paranoia. Also the fact that some of the ten commandments are actually impossible! "thou shalt not covert thy neighbors etc", sorry, as if you have a CHOICE?! I want what I want, I can't do anything about that, I can choose not to act on said emotion sure, but that ISN'T what the commandment says, it says your not allowed to "want" stuff! So we arn't even allowed to "think" out of line! If that isn't threatening I don't know what is. As for the other commandments well, they arn't half extremist if taken literally! "Thou shalt not steal", ok, what if i'm starving, if i don't steal I starve, which is suicide & i'm fairly sure that's a mortal sin, ergo I can't win! "Thou shalt not kill", ok, how do we defend ourselves & our loved ones then?!
No, I don't like christianity at all!

Do you believe in Amaterasu and Susanoo and the other gods of the Shinto religion? If not, why not?
I don't know much about Shinto, only that they have that awsome ceremoney where they go nuts with the burning torches once in a while! But due to my ignorance I'm not going to insult them by claiming any belief which i have no real reason to have!

Do you believe in Cai Shen the Chinese god of prosperity and Zao Jun the Chinese kitchen god as described by Chinese traditional religion?
No, simply because I have never actually heard of them.

Do you believe Adonai as described by Judaism exists? If not, why not?
(See answer to Allah)
p.s. The old testiment is even darker, more irrational and unpleasant than the New One!!!

Do you believe Vishnu, Indra, Agni and the other Hindu gods exist? If not, why not?
Hinduism (like budhism) is a bit more in the habit of being taken metaphorically than most religions I think. As literary anthropomorphic personications of nature, I believe some of the Hindu Gods are very true. I only don't believe in these beings if they are viewed as physically existing!

Do you believe in Waheguru the god of the Sikhism religion? If not, why not?
Again, I know very little of this god and so I'm not going to insult Siks by pretending to believe something that I don't.

Yeh, I think that covers most of my stance on religion :)
Therapon

Post by Therapon »

Alright as a Hellenist I'll have a stab at this one.

Yes I believe in the Classical Gods, of Olympus, but none of the others you list and heres why.

I believe in the reality of the divine and that it is ineffable. That the divine is ineffable is the only common ground of all religions, or at least the ones that have a developed theological tradition. The rest, of religion, is mere detail and as 'the Gods are in the details' here they are.

Polytheism predates monotheism as far as the archeological record and history of religious texts is concerned, so I favor polytheism as historically antique. That deals with any of the monotheistic religions you list, I don't believe monotheism is a genuine expression of authentic religion, because it's a recent innovation and in my opinion politically motivated. Monotheism is only one god away from atheism.

As far as other polytheistic religions are concerned, I am a 'Westerner' and follow the religious traditions appropriate to my Western Culture. It's not that I believe the gods of other cultures are wrong or false I just don't believe in them because they are not the Gods of my cultural traditions. There is the possibility that we all worship the same Gods through our different cultural lenses so that Ammon is really Zeus and Osiris is Dionysus?

So what do I believe the Gods really are, what is their true nature? Our ancestors built altars on top of mount Olympus, they had the same stories as we do and yet after climbing the sacred mountain and finding no palaces up there still built altars to the Gods. Clearly they didn't believe that the Gods were merely super-humans, as portrayed in Marvel Comics.

I don't accept that the myths were essentially mankinds attempts to explain natural phenomenon, although they may have been that to many people. I see the myths at mankinds attempts to understand the divine natures, the ultimate reality. I'm not alone in this as the philosophers, especially the Neoplatonists, also took this view.

The Gods I believe in are ultimate realities.
It is not possible either to trick or escape the mind of Zeus.
Hesiod
Idigress

Post by Idigress »

I lean toward the Freudian theory that "god" was created by man around the time humans began societal life. I see an indication of this in my interpretation of Plato, the myths and tales of gods were deemed to be valuable tools for shaping a common set of values. Since the objective of myth is to teach an abstraction, one needs to "suspends disbelief" in order to gain understanding.

So while I don't literally believe in any of the above gods, I don't completely dismiss them either. The gods exist because we have created them out of our need to exist as a community. I also believe in Santa Claus because December would be so dreary without him.
Eveready
Banned

Post by Eveready »

Scott you have got away with asking these questions without challenges, now I challenge you..which God do you believe in? The god of societal force and military war? The god called the society you live in? the god called science? do answer me? it would be great if you could.

Let me make this easier for you to follow Scott, your belief in natural law is foolish. Your supposed Natural man made law disowns people and disregards their lives in favor of himself. Pleas explain to me
what you mean by natural law?

Scott said
I don't believe things without evidence, particularly supernatural things that would invalidate currently known natural laws concluded from valid inductive inference.
Scott its natural for cannibals to eat people so thats ok with you then ..as long as its natural and has evidence.
Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Thanks everyone for your replies!

Abiathar, your belief that the gods of many old religions may have been aliens is interesting. But why do you only seem to consider it in #8 and #9? Why don't you think it is just as likely that the gods of ancient Greek's religion in #1? What about angels and demons that some Christians, Jews and Muslims believe exist and sometimes even believe have contacted them? Do you think those might be aliens? To you, is the claim that someone was contacted by a real alien more or less plausible than the claim that one was contacted by a real god or by a real supernatural creature doing a real god's bidding?

Alun, would you consider yourself a deist? If not, why not? If you do, then what do you think is different about deism as opposed to atheism other than the use of the term god; in other words do you think deists actually tend to believe something different exists than atheists or do they choose to call something that atheists think exists god?

Zewpals, since your answer is no on all nine, that seems consistent. I think you make a good point when you mention how things that used to be explained as being caused by a god have since been explained with material causes. I imagine that a lot more current mythology that attempts to explain things that are under current science hard to understand or unknown will also be explained materially leading to people giving up the mythology. So I think your point speaks directly to the growing trouble modern religion's have trying to stay socially relevant when they rely on rituals based off mythology that is mostly no longer needed or really believed. What do you think?

Tofreethemind, you speak of a hidden creator, so I'll ask you the same question I asked Alun: Are you a deist? If so, what do you think is different about deism as opposed to atheism other than the use of the term god? In other words, do you think deists actually tend to believe something different exists than atheists or do they choose to call something that atheists think exists god?

Simon says..., I like that you brought up seeing some so-called gods as literary anthropomorphic personifications of nature. In that way, we can compare them to mother nature, father time, lady fortune and even phrases personifications like "The sun wakes up in morning and goes to bed at night." Thus we can believe in them as metaphors, and even indirectly gain valuable literal information from such beliefs (such as the sun sets at night). I think there is a lot more value in a so-called religion that chooses to consider its mythology to be metaphor. Frankly, I don't see as anything but irrational to say a Christian's literal belief in a talking snake is as incorrect as a an ancient Greek person's belief that Zeus and his parents literally exist. But if we look at these things as metaphors that are admittedly not literally true, they and the rituals based off them can have more use. In analogy, we know Santa Claus is not real but that makes the secular Christmas rituals based on Santa that much more worthwhile. What do you think?

Therapon, what about when the gods of one religion are claimed to have said the gods of a different religion are false? What do you mean when you say, "The Gods I believe in are ultimate realities?"

Idigress, do you think the idea of most gods was created like the idea of Santa Claus, in other words as a game or a metaphor to give theme to rituals? Do you think most people who have practiced a religion throughout history didn't think the religion's mythology was literally true but just thought the rituals were useful like the rituals based off a shared (and pretend) belief in Santa Claus?

Eveready, to answer your question, I do not believe in any gods, by which I mean any supernatural creatures or alleged omnipotent, conscious or supernatural creator of some material thing (like thunder) or of everything. To answer you other question, when I say natural laws, I mean observed physical laws like gravity and the conservation laws. In other words, the very type of thing which an alleged supernatural event would, by definition, be allegedly violating.

I believe spiritual freedom (a.k.a. self-discipline) manifests as bravery, confidence, grace, honesty, love, and inner peace.
Persecrates

Post by Persecrates »

Hi Scott,

I jump in because as much as I am interested in the reasons for people to (don't) believe in (the existence and/or nature of) God, I would like to know if you believe in gravitons, black holes, virtual quantas (which defies the law of conservation of energy), the Higgs' boson, even the Big bang (wich is based on the 'existence' of virtual quantas and hypothesized since we think/believe the universe is expanding, our galaxies move away from one another)?

If you do, can you provide reasons and/or some objective causes (i.e. evidence) for your beliefs... As you NOR ANYONE ELSE have 'seen' these scientific objects. They haven't been empirically proven (for the Big Bang it's a little more complex I admit. That's why I differenciated it from the others.)

Thank you.
Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Persecrates, I believe black holes exist and I believe the Big Bang happened. I'm not sure about the other things you mentioned because I just don't know much about them. I can say that I am generally willing to believe a proposition or accept a theory on the basis that the accredited scientific community has a near consensus about the proposition having empirical evidence indicating its true or the theory having been validated by the scientific method. I also consider results of my own empirical observations and inexpert uses of the scientific method to count as convincing empirical evidence for my own purposes and to justify my own personal beliefs. For instance, I also believe in the fact of gravity and the theory of gravity.

Please note, just because I have never "seen" something doesn't mean I don't think it has credible empirical evidence supporting it. I have never seen people populating Somalia that I can remember, but I still think Somalia is populated and to be more exact believe that it's population is a little above 10.1 million.

Abiathar

Post by Abiathar »

Abiathar, your belief that the gods of many old religions may have been aliens is interesting. But why do you only seem to consider it in #8 and #9? Why don't you think it is just as likely that the gods of ancient Greek's religion in #1? What about angels and demons that some Christians, Jews and Muslims believe exist and sometimes even believe have contacted them? Do you think those might be aliens? To you, is the claim that someone was contacted by a real alien more or less plausible than the claim that one was contacted by a real god or by a real supernatural creature doing a real god's bidding?
Well, to be honest, in reference to 1, the idea from 1 can be applied to 8 and 9, and the idea of 8 and 9 can be applied to 1. Both are valid from my stand point.

You didn't ask about angel's and demons, as those would have been grouped with 1,8, and 9.

I have more proof of the existence of an alien (or human being that has learned to manipulate the material world) than I do of a God... Atleast a God that would care enough to actually take an active part in human evolution/civilization.
"I aspire to say in ten sentences what one would say in a novel... and would not say" ~Nietzsche
Persecrates

Post by Persecrates »

Scott wrote:Persecrates, I believe black holes exist and I believe the Big Bang happened. I'm not sure about the other things you mentioned because I just don't know much about them. I can say that I am generally willing to believe a proposition or accept a theory on the basis that the accredited scientific community has a near consensus about the proposition having empirical evidence indicating its true or the theory having been validated by the scientific method.
Sorry Scott, but:

1 - So you can believe in hypotheses/claims that YOU cannot verify as truth, then. Without the scientific knowledge to understand it by yourself. You believe in (trust) scientists (community) to not only don't lie but don't make mistakes.

Isn't that what we could call a "leap of faith"?

2 - As I said, you can verify it by yourself, there is NO empirical evidence for the phenomena I cited.
Note that I didn't speak about gravity as a theory but about "gravitons" which are quantas (yet to be discovered) that would valid (empirically) the gravity theory.
As I said, for the Big Bang it's a little more complex. I don't want to pollute your thread too much, and we can still form a valid basis for discussion with the examples I gave you. (We could add others like dark matter, worm holes..)

So, as there is no empirical evidence (the scientist community recognize that fact), isn't it again a leap of faith?
Meaning, why is it so easy and justified for you to BELIEVE scientists when neither you nor them have proof (beside mathematical constructions/equations) to back-up these hypotheses?
How is it different (focusing on these exemples which are at the very heart of modern science) from religious belief?
I also consider results of my own empirical observations and inexpert uses of the scientific method to count as convincing empirical evidence for my own purposes and to justify my own personal beliefs. For instance, I also believe in the fact of gravity and the theory of gravity.
Again, the theory of gravity is based on the existence of "gravitons", if they are not found the theory is worthless.
Still science claim this theory to be true till someone proves it wrong. What about the burden of proof, then??

There may be a force explaining the semingly existing law of attraction. But it can very well be a different one than gravity... and its gravitons.
Please note, just because I have never "seen" something doesn't mean I don't think it has credible empirical evidence supporting it. I have never seen people populating Somalia that I can remember, but I still think Somalia is populated and to be more exact believe that it's population is a little above 10.1 million.
I agree. But it is still a loose conception of knowledge.
That's why the word of belief is so commonly used (e.g. by you here), so wide spread... It's so much an easier concept to use... But its price is confusion.

By the way we can use logical proof, instead of empirical ones sometimes. Very useful and as much valid.
The problem with scientific logic/method is that the scientists claiming to use it aren't very restrictive in their definition of logic. And this contrary to what many believe.
Also, they have, as everyone else, beliefs and desires that impair their "logic".

And to conclude, as much as mathematics seem to be a formal language, the vocabulary (concepts, new or ancient ones) and even the grammar (laws) can be changed as quantum physics did in the last century...
Even mathematics are potentially subjected to "irrational logic"...
Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

I do not think trusting journalist accounts and taking it as credible empirical evidence is a "leap of faith." For example, I do not think it is a "leap of faith" for me to say, I know the population of Somalia is about 10.1 million, even though I myself haven't seen the 10.1 people populating Somalia and have not performed or personally witnessed the scientific studies that have lead to that conclusion.

Return to “Philosophy of Religion, Theism and Mythology”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream