Should Donald Trump prosecute Hillary Clinton?

Have philosophical discussions about politics, law, and government.
Featured Article: Definition of Freedom - What Freedom Means to Me
Roel
Favorite Philosopher: Hegel

Should Donald Trump prosecute Hillary Clinton?

Post by Roel »

Donald Trump promised in his campaign that he would prosecute Hillary Clinton for using a private e-mail server for working e-mails. During the campaign, the team of Clinton removed 33000 e-mails. First question is, why? If it was not work-related, why delete them and obstruct FBI research? Hillary and her staff have violated classified information laws:
bostonherald.com/news/us_politics/2016/ ... _wild_card

Why isn't Donald Trump keeping his promise while there are suspicions by the FBI of criminal activity?
"Genuine tragedies in the world are not conflicts between right and wrong. They are conflicts between two rights." - Friedrich Hegel
Ormond

Re: Should Donald Trump prosecute Hillary Clinton?

Post by Ormond »

For crying out loud, what a waste of time this issue is. The FBI and the media investigated this issue adnaseum through the entire campaign, and nothing was found except that Clinton made a bad call and experienced a rare moment of political cluelessness.

Do you want to investigate whether Obama was born in America too? Shall we demand he provide his birth certificate again? How about Whitewater, shall we start that investigation over? Hey, we never did get to the bottom of Watergate, or the Teapot Dome scandal! What about Lincoln's beard, what was he hiding in there??? George Washington never told a lie???? That's got to be a scam, we need an investigation!!!

Give me a break....
If the things we want to hear could take us where we want to go, we'd already be there.
Roel

Post by Roel »

Ormond wrote:For crying out loud, what a waste of time this issue is. The FBI and the media investigated this issue adnaseum through the entire campaign, and nothing was found except that Clinton made a bad call and experienced a rare moment of political cluelessness.

Do you want to investigate whether Obama was born in America too? Shall we demand he provide his birth certificate again? How about Whitewater, shall we start that investigation over? Hey, we never did get to the bottom of Watergate, or the Teapot Dome scandal! What about Lincoln's beard, what was he hiding in there??? George Washington never told a lie???? That's got to be a scam, we need an investigation!!!

Give me a break....
The head of the FBI said that unlawful things were done. So what's your justification for removing 30000+ e-mails during a crime investigation? As far as I know, that's illegal in this case.
Dolphin42

Post by Dolphin42 »

Anybody who is really interested can start here:

factcheck.org/2016/09/the-fbi-files-on- ... ns-emails/

In short: PRN was the company managing the email server. PRN employee belatedly deletes emails due to an earlier email purging policy. FBI investigation concludes:

"Clinton and her staff were “extremely careless” in handling classified information, the FBI did not find evidence that their actions were intentional. He declined to pursue criminal charges."

i.e. no case to answer.

Disclaimer: It is always possible for any given person to be either telling the truth or not telling the truth on any subject so you're still free to think whatever you want, including that she is guilty of this or any other crime.
Felix

Post by Felix »

Haven't you heard? The FBI has now officially cleared Mrs. Clinton, they announced they found insufficient grounds for a criminal indictment. The Donald is beginning to discover that he will be unable to erect most of the big walls (ideas) he spouted off about, it will be interesting to see how that will sit with his supporters.

Alas, children, your God has been found to have terra-cotta feet, which, coincidentally, matches the color of his fake hair.
"We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are." - Anaïs Nin
Dolphin42

Post by Dolphin42 »

The Donald is beginning to discover that he will be unable to erect most of the big walls (ideas) he spouted off about, it will be interesting to see how that will sit with his supporters.
It would be interesting to perform a survey, a few months from now, to see how many people know or care exactly what it was that she was supposed to be locked up for. News moves on quickly. I doubt whether the supporters will care if she's locked up. It was just a bit of fun.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Obama will pardon Hillary. He will have to or else Hillary will be forced under oath to reveal a great deal about that whole sleazy Obama administration to stay our of jail including that Obama knew about her emails.. Then Trump will be forced to pardon others like Kristian Saucier who are in jail for doing a lot less than Hillary did. Pay for play will do her in so I cannot see how Obama can avoid pardoning Hillary since he doesn't want to go down with the ship.
Man would like to be an egoist and cannot. This is the most striking characteristic of his wretchedness and the source of his greatness." Simone Weil....Gravity and Grace
Fooloso4

Post by Fooloso4 »

The election is over. Trump, with the complicity of the FBI director, took full political advantage. It was a successful concerted effort by Republicans who spent millions of dollars of taxpayer money in an attempt to discredit Clinton that began with Benghazi .Whatever Clinton may or may not have done, the damage pales next to the lasting damage done by dirty politics and the abuse of power. Using the courts as a political weapon violates the principle of the balance of power. Those who have learned to hate her may celebrate but by taking her down the foundation of the nation are seriously weakened. But of course some will see this too as cause to celebrate.
Felix

Post by Felix »

Using the courts as a political weapon violates the principle of the balance of power.
Yes, and Trump has made it clear he wants to use the Supreme Court in this way also.
"We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are." - Anaïs Nin
Supine

Post by Supine »

Roel wrote:
Ormond wrote:For crying out loud, what a waste of time this issue is. The FBI and the media investigated this issue adnaseum through the entire campaign, and nothing was found except that Clinton made a bad call and experienced a rare moment of political cluelessness.

Give me a break....
The head of the FBI said that unlawful things were done. So what's your justification for removing 30000+ e-mails during a crime investigation? As far as I know, that's illegal in this case.
To get a concealed carry permit in Wisconsin you have to sign paper work that you read over the laws governing concealed carry in Wisconsin. One such law I believe is that you can not aim your firearm at any police officer. Assuming a high school drop out working as a plumber, granted a concealed carry permit, did draw his pistol and point it at a police officer in Wisconsin he would still be tried on criminal charges even if he claimed ignorance.

For the regular American person the US legal systems proclaims, "ignorance is no excuse."

Hilary Clinton has a law degree and worked as lawyer early in her professional life. Part of being a lawyer is reading legal documents and understanding what you're signing.

She signed 2 non-disclosure agreements.

Here is 1 of them: freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/ ... I-NDA1.pdf

You can see her signature on it. But pay special note to para. 1 and para 8.

In her position as Secretary of State she signed paper work agreeing to the fact that under law, with possible penalty of prosecution, all information she receives hence forth, until otherwise told by proper authorities, are the property of the US Government and she is to turn over all information to proper authorities when told to.

The FBI treated Hillary no differently than than top law enforcement in Mexico and Brazil treat their rich and well connected untouchables.

If it was me the FBI would have sought prosecution and recommended I get 30 years to life.

The head of the FBI is a lawyer that is worth $11 million dollars and worked for Lockheed Martin during his time in the private sector (top investigative law man being a multi-millionaire sounds like something you'd hear about in Mexico and Brazil as well). He's connected to rich people then but rich people in the Military Industrial Complex that stood to gain billions more if their girl Hillary could start WWIII with Russia. Which they wanted. And they certainly did not want their girl Hillary to be prosecuted.

Hillary and Bill Clinton themselves were supposedly poor when they left the White House but quickly amassed $100 million in assets. I suspect that is just what we know about. Given all the missing money--not to mention the Pentagon missing something like $10 trillion unaccounted for--they have probably funneled multiple of billions of dollars into off shore accounts.

Hillary, the Army clique missing $10 trillion in the Pentagon, are above the law and untouchable. All they have to say is, "I didn't know" or "It was a mistake." Mexican and Russian criminals are probably envious.

I'm not sure at this point I want Hillary prosecuted. Although, if it was me in her shoes and her being cognizant of the fact I have no law degree and only did blue collar labor in my life, she would recommend that the US Government try me on felony counts and lock me away for the better portion of the last years of my life in a violent federal prison. "Ignorance of the law" is no excuse she would say to me.
Fooloso4

Post by Fooloso4 »

Supine:
The FBI treated Hillary no differently than than top law enforcement in Mexico and Brazil treat their rich and well connected untouchables.
Comey came out and said that there were additional emails that they were going to investigate. This prejudiced the voting process. They found nothing in the emails and should not have made the fact that they were fishing public.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

There's no need to prosecute. Comey's mission was spectacularly accomplished - the election of DT.

The Burmese and Malaysian leadership provide good examples of how to play the game of imprisoning political enemies. Now that HC is out of the race DT has no reason to throw her into jail; that was just 'election poetry".
Roel

Post by Roel »

Felix wrote:Haven't you heard? The FBI has now officially cleared Mrs. Clinton, they announced they found insufficient grounds for a criminal indictment. The Donald is beginning to discover that he will be unable to erect most of the big walls (ideas) he spouted off about, it will be interesting to see how that will sit with his supporters.

Alas, children, your God has been found to have terra-cotta feet, which, coincidentally, matches the color of his fake hair.
I don't know if his hair is fake, Jimmy Fallon could go through it, it wasn't a wig obviously, or a well attached one. :lol:
"Genuine tragedies in the world are not conflicts between right and wrong. They are conflicts between two rights." - Friedrich Hegel
Supine

Post by Supine »

Fooloso4 wrote:Supine:
Comey came out and said that there were additional emails that they were going to investigate. This prejudiced the voting process. They found nothing in the emails and should not have made the fact that they were fishing public.
Not sure what your point is in reply to the statement you quoted from me. I was saying she should have easily been prosecuted. If it were me the FBI would have arrested me and had me prosecuted. I'd be in Federal Prison right now looking at spending most of the resat of my life in prison if not all of it. Period.

There is a saying in Brazil which the rich and well connected in the USA subscribe to as well, "For my friends anything, for my enemies the law."

Comey only acted under pressure by conservatives to investigate Hillary. There was no way she was ever going to be brought up on charges. I don't care if they found out she was selling kilos of cocaine, running prostitution services, abducted, tortured, and ate little grade school children. Nothing. NADA. Can convict a Clinton.
Roel

Post by Roel »

Supine wrote:
Fooloso4 wrote:Supine:

(Nested quote removed.)

Not sure what your point is in reply to the statement you quoted from me. I was saying she should have easily been prosecuted. If it were me the FBI would have arrested me and had me prosecuted. I'd be in Federal Prison right now looking at spending most of the resat of my life in prison if not all of it. Period.

There is a saying in Brazil which the rich and well connected in the USA subscribe to as well, "For my friends anything, for my enemies the law."

Comey only acted under pressure by conservatives to investigate Hillary. There was no way she was ever going to be brought up on charges. I don't care if they found out she was selling kilos of cocaine, running prostitution services, abducted, tortured, and ate little grade school children. Nothing. NADA. Can convict a Clinton.
Is that last thing you say based on these vague conspiracy theories that Hillary Clinton would be involved in a pedophile network trafficking kids?

Return to “Philosophy of Politics”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream