Is The End Of Monetarism On The Horizon?

Have philosophical discussions about politics, law, and government.
Featured Article: Definition of Freedom - What Freedom Means to Me
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Re: Is The End Of Monetarism On The Horizon?

Post by Sy Borg »

So you favour a theistic revolution against the secular west?
Scribbler60

Post by Scribbler60 »

Singular_me wrote:Thank for sharing but darwnism is the absolute dead end as it is an atheistic premise that justifies moral relativism. And at this game, there are no winners.
You are presupposing that darwinism is somehow a social construct. While some politicians and even business people think it is...

... it isn't.

It's a biological one.

As well, it never meant "survival of the fittest". It meant - and continues to mean - that those who are able to adapt best to local conditions are the ones that will pass on their genes to the next generation, thereby passing on those traits that gave them that adaptive ability.
Steve3007

Post by Steve3007 »

Singular_me:
The global debt is 5 times (but more if we include long term liabilities) the global GDP. With long-term liabilities... could be 3 times as much. Take the US for example:whose national debt is about 20trillion but with long term liabilities is about 100 trillions of dollars! (Dallas federal reserve report 5 or 6 years ago)
With your 20 years of experience in writing about economics, could you explain why this matters? Given that money is an entirely abstract concept, why does it matter that one very large number is 5 times bigger than another very large number?

The practical use of money is to facilitate the free exchange of goods and services. Food is, I suppose, the most important of these. Is the USA capable of growing enough food to feed its population? Does the level of debt have an effect on its ability to do this? If so, how?
Did you know that the 2008 crisis costs the west $75 trillion in "new" debts to save the "too big too fail"? China debt is too ballooning, corporations are debt black holes and polluting the planet at the speed of light for profits... and on and on...
Here, you suddenly introduce a different, more tangible problem. Why conflate pollution with debt?
The fact is that the whole planet is on the brink of starvation because govs borrow as if are no tomorrows, creating scarcity by inflation.
What do you mean by "brink" here? Do you mean that the whole planet is going to start starving tomorrow? Next year? In ten years? What's your timescale?
Most people are not well informed... suffering skyrockets, child sex trafficking and human/organ trafficking is at all time, the 3rd leading cause of death in america is bigpharma and the medical department (huffingtonpost)

Millions of yemenis are dying because the US/UK sold weapons to saudi arabia, 100 billion worth of arm deal. Moral relativism is another darwinian scourge

I really could go on and on...
Yes, I'm sure you could. You're randomly throwing in various other ills of the world. I'll leave it there for now.
Singular_me
New Trial Member

Post by Singular_me »

> And no, the planet is not on the brink of starvation. That's simply empirically incorrect. Fact is, there is more than enough food to go around. The problem lies with distribution corruption and conflict, most of which is rooted in religion. Even Oxfam agrees. There is enough food to feed the world
actually, I have a blog on my site that I cannot post here because i am a new member and which states that we waste 50% of the word food production, meaning that there is indeed enough food to feed the whole planet. But that does not mean that it can be resolved, mainly because of speculation creating conflicts of interests.

What you do not understand is economics, scarcity is ***artificially** induced by countries' debt level and the ensuing inflation. Just look at Venezuela,

To give you an idea, the US dollar is worth 2 cents as I type this, so 98 cents in taxes and inflation. So it might make one wonder about the real price of living. Sorry, this is economic feudalism. Mathematically. And burying one's head into the sand will not postpone the day of reckoning.

Nope, this time is different, because jobs will not come back, the rise of automation and robotics is on our doorstep. Universal basic income will not save anybody, we'll go straight into an orweillian and hunger game society. In 10 years or so from now, we'll have 60-70% of unemployment. But it wont stop there... it is only a beginning.

With basic income will come rationing because basic income will be minimalist amount just enough to go by, rest assured.

The problem is that societies have been trained to think "linear or circular", then an upheaval happens because the paradigm can no longer expand. But this time, it is going to be very profound because masses have not been prepared to what is coming. They already knew in the early 80s that the labor market would vanish and nothing was done. Follow the money. Profits must be extracted till the end???

Wealth is an illusion
Scribbler60 You are presupposing that darwinism is somehow a social construct. While some politicians and even business people think it is...... it isn't. It's a biological one.
Man is not an animal... animals cannot fathom the cosmos nor project themselves into the future, nor have a concept of self. There is no debate if we do not agree on this. There also are Natural Law, immutable laws embedded in the fabric of Universe that we must go by to avoid the pitfalls of the animal kingdom. The only free will that exist is to notice or not....

Greta So you favour a theistic revolution against the secular west?
Voluntaryism advocates on the merging of metaphysics and sciences, Objective Reality (no moral relativism)... all current religions are obsolete, they say many truths but the interpretation of parables can be twisted, and causes fundamentalism. Many people have become spiritual as a result and it is a good thing.
Singular_me
New Trial Member

Post by Singular_me »

Here, you suddenly introduce a different, more tangible problem. Why conflate pollution with debt?
because corporations took over the world with massive loans and now destroy the environment to satisfy their shareholders. Follow the money as usual

TO ALL: thanks but I am done for now.
Steve3007

Post by Steve3007 »

we waste 50% of the world food production
I have no idea whether this is efficient or inefficient. On the face of it, it seems pretty efficient. I should think figure was probably much higher in the past. But I don't know. And I don't know what maximum level of food efficiency is possible.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Volunaryism sounds like a good idea. It's a shame no society seems to have ever adopted it. There's always big fish in the pond who take control because they can, and always those who would take advantage of any honour system.
SimpleGuy

Post by SimpleGuy »

The problem with monetarism is, that money is the objective that religion was never capable to represent. It has a more metaphysical span in it's invention than one could think. The spreading of money was in older times equivalent with the spreading at least of sparks of your religion. Money is the device to keep some kind of interdependency between different people and is the primary measurement to establish some kind of master and servant relationship , which would be without it's simple presence not possible. Money itself is after the philosopher marx condensed workers power but it has even a bigger interpretation. It is too condensed informational power to be connected to other people and it is a social power of pacifiying more or less radical physical power. An abolishment of the device money is thus somehow illusional even if a social state represents more aspects of finance than usual.

-- Updated November 28th, 2017, 3:50 am to add the following --

If you don't believe that money has something to do with religion just think about jesus christ and his famous words:

In Luke 16:13 is standing:

No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.”
In other bible editions this is quoted nobody can serve god as well as mammon (the assur god of money).

So money is taken in this verse as a different god, with equal powers.

-- Updated November 28th, 2017, 6:27 am to add the following --

For it is written in the Bible, for Jesus said:

Matthew 10 Verse 8:

Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy,[a] drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.

So your belief would have been not putten on the basis of monetary funds in the bible.

-- Updated November 28th, 2017, 6:27 am to add the following --

The word freely , means without monetary donations.

-- Updated November 28th, 2017, 6:32 am to add the following --

In a german bible the same verse is standing:

For free you have been teached it, for free you shalt proclaim it.

-- Updated November 28th, 2017, 6:45 am to add the following --

In german:

Umsonst habt Ihr es bekommen, umsonst sollt Ihr verkünden.

So the existence of exploitation on a monetary basis was the work of the god money or mammon (assur god of wealth).

-- Updated November 28th, 2017, 6:59 am to add the following --

For the bhagavad gita , tells us in Book4, verse 23:

For one who is unattached to material nature, who is liberated, whose heart is situated in transcendence, who performs all actions as sacrifice unto the ultimate personality all reactions are dissolved.

-- Updated November 28th, 2017, 9:09 am to add the following --

So one easily arguments, god cannot exist, due to the fact that monetarism is existent. Quod erat demonstrandum
SimpleGuy

Post by SimpleGuy »

I refer as well to the following bible verse. Mathew 21, Verse 12. In which is standing:

11The crowds replied, “This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth in Galilee.” 12Then Jesus went into the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those selling doves. 13And He declared to them, “It is written: ‘My house will be called a house of prayer.’ But you are making it ‘a den of robbers.’”14The blind and the lame came to Him at the temple, and He healed them. 15But the chief priests and scribes were indignant when they saw the wonders He did and the children shouting in the temple courts, “Hosanna to the Son of David!”
SimpleGuy

Post by SimpleGuy »

Jesus complained about the greed of people in matthew 25,verse 29:

29For everyone who has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. But the one who does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. 30And throw that worthless servant into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

Where he denounced limitless exploitation.

Return to “Philosophy of Politics”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream