How to define antisemitism

Have philosophical discussions about politics, law, and government.
Featured Article: Definition of Freedom - What Freedom Means to Me
Post Reply
User avatar
Newme
Posts: 1155
Joined: December 13th, 2011, 1:21 am

Re: How to define antisemitism

Post by Newme » August 7th, 2018, 11:25 am

Steve,
Yes, I agree that there is a need to critically consider media - especially when a group (anti-liberty leftists - including but not all composed of self-proclaimed Jews) monopolizes and censors as it does. I don’t use google anymore since I tried finding a conservative-leaning article I had found a few years before but all I found were biased leftists articles.

School books are filled with biased history - focusing on the holocaust and how Jews were so victimized. I’ve never read in school text books about other groups (like disabled) targetted and killed in the holocaust - only the Jews seem to matter. I’m not worried about another holocaust to Jews with it being in our faces so much - but I am worried about other holocausts to others happening now and in the future - in part because of “legal” and illegal (but genocidal) actions of exclusive people who call themselves Jews, but who real Jews know are not.


“But as Ben-Gurion wrote to his son above, “this increase in possession is of consequence not only in itself, but because through it we increase our strength, and every increase in strength helps in the possession of the land as a whole”. And then came 1967, and the task was territorially completed.

All these things are colonialist conspiracies which are corrupt in their very essence. In fact, Israel’s second Prime Minister Moshe Sharett had noted this aspect clearly:

“I have learned that the state of Israel cannot be ruled in our generation without deceit and adventurism. These are historical facts that cannot be altered”, he said.

So even according to Sharett, Ben Gurion had to be a deceitful leader.

Now, has this essentially changed much? I would say not. The deceit that Zionism applies in order to cover up for its colonialist designs to erase Palestine is a constant factor, and the goal is always corrupt. It’s even genocidal in its very essence. Author and journalist Ben Ehrenreich:

“The question about genocide– yes, it’s an incremental genocide. And I think that’s a word that gives a lot of people pause and it certainly should. We don’t see the absolutely mass slaughters, although in Gaza I think we’ve seen something very much like it that we usually associate with genocide. But– the attempts to erase a people, to just erase them, to erase their history, I think follow a logic that can only be called genocidal.”

““U.N. Special Commission on Palestine (UNSCOP) was created to examine the issue and offer its recommendation on how to resolve the conflict. UNSCOP contained no representatives from any Arab country and in the end issued a report that explicitly rejected the right of the Palestinians to self-determination. Rejecting the democratic solution to the conflict, UNSCOP instead proposed that Palestine be partitioned into two states: one Arab and one Jewish.” (Jeremy R. Hammond’s The Israel-Palestine Conflict)

In other words, Israel’s creation was a fraudulent act, nothing less.”

https://mondoweiss.net/2018/02/corrupti ... netanyahu/


The interesting thing about those running the show, is that in some ways they are for democratic policy (for killing more locally, including the US financially & teaching these ideas in American school textbooks) and for the republican policy (of bombing more middle eastern countries - killing more non-Jews).


“Jews made up 24% of Ivy League undergrads...
Jews also represent just 2% to 3% of the overall [US] population.
Jews therefore constitute a vastly disproportionate share of the population classified as White at elite universities.

American Jews are overwhelmingly Liberal.
“Jewish liberalism is real, and you can see it in every Presidential election, as 80-90% of the Jewish vote goes to the Democratic candidate. Every time.”

https://www.americanthinker.com


Democrat General Wesley Clark explains the plan for unjustifiable reason to bomb several countries in the middle east, using 9-11 as an unethically illogical excuse.
https://youtu.be/-MqVY1-ncBI

Steve3007
Posts: 5393
Joined: June 15th, 2011, 5:53 pm
Favorite Philosopher: Eratosthenes
Location: UK

Re: How to define antisemitism

Post by Steve3007 » August 7th, 2018, 11:52 am

Newme,

Taking this one example for now:

You've said that a very high proportion of students at Ivy League Universities are Jewish. If true, do you have a view as to why that might be?

Suppose, for the sake of argument, it turned out that it's because children from Jewish backgrounds tend, on average, to have parents who push them to succeed. Suppose they've earned their places at top Universities on their own merits, but that merit is because of something in the culture that they share which tends to promote ambition, hard work and valuing occupations that are regarded as "professions".

Would that still, in your view, be a bad thing?

In the country where I live I used to be a school teacher. It was noticeable to me that children from some Asian backgrounds (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh) tended, on average, to have quite a strong work ethic. I guess this might result in higher grades and a consequently higher representation in Universities, considering their representation in the population as a whole. If it did, would this mean that people from that background are taking over the country unfairly? Or would it just be a consequence of their culture?

User avatar
ThomasHobbes
Posts: 1077
Joined: May 5th, 2018, 5:53 pm

Re: How to define antisemitism

Post by ThomasHobbes » August 7th, 2018, 12:49 pm

Newme wrote: Newme,

Taking this one example for now:

You've said that a very high proportion of students at Ivy League Universities are Jewish. If true, do you have a view as to why that might be?
I do.
Consider this.
Before the 1950s US universities had a Jewish Quota. This was not to ensure they had a representative sample, but to unsure that universities were not overcrowded with Jews. They wanted non-Jews to get a chance.

The simple fact is that Jews are generally more capable people. The reason for this is purely Darwinian.
A "race" of people that has suffered 2000 years of oppression, pogroms, suffering, torture, and prejudice has meant that only the most capable have been able to live out their lives and have children to continue their lines.
Only those with enough money to flee, with enough political and social capital, wealth, cunning, adaptivity.. all the qualities of survival.
So the funny thing here is idiots like YOU and other antisemites have not only caused Jews to hide, to stick together, to be strong together, they have created (inadvertently) a much stronger and more clever group. And the more you oppress that group the stronger and more clannish it will get.
Let's face it Jews are smarter than you.
Has this not even occurred to you yet? Maybe you should try to think it over?

User avatar
ThomasHobbes
Posts: 1077
Joined: May 5th, 2018, 5:53 pm

Re: How to define antisemitism

Post by ThomasHobbes » August 7th, 2018, 12:56 pm

Steve3007 wrote:
August 7th, 2018, 11:52 am

In the country where I live I used to be a school teacher. It was noticeable to me that children from some Asian backgrounds (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh) tended, on average, to have quite a strong work ethic.
Please note: Post above this refers to Newme when i say "YOU and other antisemites"

On your point.
The smartest kid in my Middle School was know by the name of Patel.

The simple fact is that families who have achieved enough, are smart enough , and have vision enough to pick up sticks and start a new life in a foreign country (Uk in this case) are more likely to be of a higher calibre than the run of the mill ordinary working class family in the schools where they have to start out.

In the case of Jews. The only ones that have managed to survive 2000 years of suffering at the hands of antisemites are probably going to be a lot smarter than average. The stupid ones will not have been as likely to have surviving children.

User avatar
ThomasHobbes
Posts: 1077
Joined: May 5th, 2018, 5:53 pm

Re: How to define antisemitism

Post by ThomasHobbes » August 7th, 2018, 12:58 pm

Newme wrote:
August 7th, 2018, 11:25 am
American Jews are overwhelmingly Liberal.
“Jewish liberalism is real, and you can see it in every Presidential election, as 80-90% of the Jewish vote goes to the Democratic candidate. Every time.”[/i]
https://www.americanthinker.com
At least we can be grateful for that.

Imagine a world controlled by these "evil" people, and they were right wing idiots like Trump?
Fact is that smarter people tend to the political left.

Fooloso4
Moderator
Posts: 3274
Joined: February 28th, 2014, 4:50 pm

Re: How to define antisemitism

Post by Fooloso4 » August 7th, 2018, 1:24 pm

Newme:
It seems you are unaware of gaslighting (aka ad hominem) since you engaged in it (among other illogical attempts to distract from the facts presented).
It is precisely the problem of facts that is at issue. Making false claims and drawing false conclusions from selective facts does not make what is false true.

You are relying on sources that have no credibility. I asked if that concerned you but you did not respond.
gaslighting: a form of psychological abuse in which false information is presented with the intent of making a victim doubt his or her own memory and perception.
If one’s perception is based on false and deceptive information then bringing it to your attention is not gaslighting. The attempt to disabuse someone of the their errors is not a form of psychological abuse although it may be psychologically difficult to come to grips with the fact that you have been lied to.
Jews represent a tiny part of the population and yet are over represented in many key leadership and influential roles.
What are the assumptions behind the claim of over representation? Is it that the members of a group should mirror the population at large? Once we start to narrow it down by such things as ability, education, and connections we are no longer talking about a group that mirrors the population. And so, we must look at the members of this group that is not representative of the population at large. Let’s look at two leadership positions - the Supreme Court and the President. In both cases white, Christian males are over represented. To be clear, this holds true not simple with regard to the population as a whole but the population of qualified candidates. Throughout the history of the Court there have been eight Jewish justices, four female justices, and two black justices. There has never been a Jewish president or a female president and only one black president. Congress is becoming more diverse but is still mostly white, Christian males.
Must be a conspiracy!

Yes, Jews have been very successful:
Americans of Jewish descent have been disproportionately successful in many fields and aspects over the years. The Jewish community in America has gone from a lower class minority, with most studies putting upwards of 80% as manual factory laborers prior to World War I and with the majority of fields barred to them, to the consistent richest or second richest ethnicity in America for the past 40 years in terms of average annual salary, with extremely high concentrations in academia and other fields, and today have the highest per capita income of any ethnic group in the United States, at around double the average income of non-Jewish Americans. In 2016, Modern Orthodox Jews had a median household income of $158,000, while Open Orthodox Jews had a median household income at $185,000 (compared to the American median household income of $59,000 in 2016). (Wiki, found using the “leftist biased” search engine Google)
Why are they so successful? The article goes on to point out:
Education plays a major role as a part of Jewish identity; as Jewish culture puts a special premium on it and stresses the importance of cultivation of intellectual pursuits, scholarship and learning, American Jews as a group tend to be better educated and earn more than Americans as a whole. Jewish Americans also have an average of 14.7 years of schooling making them the most highly educated of all major religious groups in the United States.



31% of American Jews hold a graduate degree, this figure is compared with the general American population where 11% of Americans hold a graduate degree. White collar professional jobs have been attractive to Jews and much of the community tend to take up professional white collar careers requiring tertiary education involving formal credentials where the respectability and reputability of professional jobs is highly prized within Jewish culture. While 46% of Americans work in professional and managerial jobs, 61% of American Jews work as professionals, many of whom are highly educated, salaried professionals whose work is largely self-directed in management, professional, and related occupations such as engineering, science, medicine, investment banking, finance, law, and academia. (ibid.)
Contrary to conspiracy theories they had to overcome a great deal of adversity and prejudice in order to achieve their educational goals:
From the early 1900s until the 1950s, quota systems were imposed at elite colleges and universities particularly in the Northeast, as a response to the growing number of children of recent Jewish immigrants; these limited the number of Jewish students accepted, and greatly reduced their previous attendance. Jewish enrollment at Cornell's School of Medicine fell from 40% to 4% between the world wars, and Harvard's fell from 30% to 4%.[122] Before 1945, only a few Jewish professors were permitted as instructors at elite universities. In 1941, for example, antisemitism drove Milton Friedman from a non-tenured assistant professorship at the University of Wisconsin–Madison. Harry Levin became the first Jewish full professor in the Harvard English department in 1943, but the Economics department decided not to hire Paul Samuelson in 1948. Harvard hired its first Jewish biochemists in 1954. (ibid.)
Hard work, perseverance, and placing a high value on education, not unsubstantiated conspiracy theories, help explain their disproportionate success.
School books are filled with biased history - focusing on the holocaust and how Jews were so victimized. I’ve never read in school text books about other groups (like disabled) targetted and killed in the holocaust - only the Jews seem to matter.
The Texas state board of education has an enormous influence on the content of textbooks not only in Texas but across the country. Their bias is toward the Christian Right. (https://edwp.educ.msu.edu/green-and-wri ... standards/)

Steve3007
Posts: 5393
Joined: June 15th, 2011, 5:53 pm
Favorite Philosopher: Eratosthenes
Location: UK

Re: How to define antisemitism

Post by Steve3007 » August 7th, 2018, 3:09 pm

ThomasHobbes wrote:On your point. The smartest kid in my Middle School was know by the name of Patel.
Funnily enough, a girl in my year 9 class who I particularly remember as being a fantastic student, who always did her homework meticulously, despite the fact that I was, to be honest, a crap teacher who set vague and uninspiring homework assignments was called Poonam Patel. I guess it's a common name. She was almost Lisa Simpson-esque in her diligence. I still feel a bit guilty. Hopefully she survived my bad teaching and did well for herself. I suppose she'd be in her mid 30's by now.

Steve3007
Posts: 5393
Joined: June 15th, 2011, 5:53 pm
Favorite Philosopher: Eratosthenes
Location: UK

Re: How to define antisemitism

Post by Steve3007 » August 7th, 2018, 3:12 pm

Anyway, since 3 people have given Newme essentially the same message now, I wonder if she's be swayed.

User avatar
ThomasHobbes
Posts: 1077
Joined: May 5th, 2018, 5:53 pm

Re: How to define antisemitism

Post by ThomasHobbes » August 8th, 2018, 3:48 am

[bco=][/bco]
Steve3007 wrote:
August 7th, 2018, 3:09 pm
ThomasHobbes wrote:On your point. The smartest kid in my Middle School was know by the name of Patel.
Funnily enough, a girl in my year 9 class who I particularly remember as being a fantastic student, who always did her homework meticulously, despite the fact that I was, to be honest, a crap teacher who set vague and uninspiring homework assignments was called Poonam Patel. I guess it's a common name. She was almost Lisa Simpson-esque in her diligence. I still feel a bit guilty. Hopefully she survived my bad teaching and did well for herself. I suppose she'd be in her mid 30's by now.
My only regrets with young Mr. Patel is that I was not able to speed up his learning to the pinnacle of his potential due to having 30 other duller students in his class who had their own needs and speeds.

User avatar
ThomasHobbes
Posts: 1077
Joined: May 5th, 2018, 5:53 pm

Re: How to define antisemitism

Post by ThomasHobbes » August 8th, 2018, 3:52 am

Steve3007 wrote:
August 7th, 2018, 3:12 pm
Anyway, since 3 people have given Newme essentially the same message now, I wonder if she's be swayed.
I think when you think in terms of race, its hard to extricate yourself, even when you know you are wrongheaded.
And when people all around you, Jews included, tend to think in those terms it all becomes real. Such is the power of belief systems.
If Newme lives in the US, then s/he will have racialism forced down their throat, and from all sides. The UK is not as far down that road, but it seems that all the progress made since 1945 in rejecting race as a means to understand humanity is now back to square one. A new Hitler is just around the corner and he' s gonna make them pay for that wall.

User avatar
Newme
Posts: 1155
Joined: December 13th, 2011, 1:21 am

Re: How to define antisemitism

Post by Newme » August 8th, 2018, 11:55 am

ThomasHobbes wrote:
August 7th, 2018, 12:49 pm
Newme wrote: Newme,

Taking this one example for now:

You've said that a very high proportion of students at Ivy League Universities are Jewish. If true, do you have a view as to why that might be?
I do.
Consider this.
Before the 1950s US universities had a Jewish Quota. This was not to ensure they had a representative sample, but to unsure that universities were not overcrowded with Jews. They wanted non-Jews to get a chance.

The simple fact is that Jews are generally more capable people. The reason for this is purely Darwinian.
A "race" of people that has suffered 2000 years of oppression, pogroms, suffering, torture, and prejudice has meant that only the most capable have been able to live out their lives and have children to continue their lines.
Only those with enough money to flee, with enough political and social capital, wealth, cunning, adaptivity.. all the qualities of survival.
So the funny thing here is idiots like YOU and other antisemites have not only caused Jews to hide, to stick together, to be strong together, they have created (inadvertently) a much stronger and more clever group. And the more you oppress that group the stronger and more clannish it will get.
Let's face it Jews are smarter than you.
Has this not even occurred to you yet? Maybe you should try to think it over?
That must be it. The bible says so. The Jewish talmud says it all more emphatically - how dare anyone exist if they are not Jewish! What nerve!

User avatar
LuckyR
Moderator
Posts: 3017
Joined: January 18th, 2015, 1:16 am

Re: How to define antisemitism

Post by LuckyR » August 8th, 2018, 11:58 am

Newme wrote:
August 8th, 2018, 11:55 am
ThomasHobbes wrote:
August 7th, 2018, 12:49 pm


I do.
Consider this.
Before the 1950s US universities had a Jewish Quota. This was not to ensure they had a representative sample, but to unsure that universities were not overcrowded with Jews. They wanted non-Jews to get a chance.

The simple fact is that Jews are generally more capable people. The reason for this is purely Darwinian.
A "race" of people that has suffered 2000 years of oppression, pogroms, suffering, torture, and prejudice has meant that only the most capable have been able to live out their lives and have children to continue their lines.
Only those with enough money to flee, with enough political and social capital, wealth, cunning, adaptivity.. all the qualities of survival.
So the funny thing here is idiots like YOU and other antisemites have not only caused Jews to hide, to stick together, to be strong together, they have created (inadvertently) a much stronger and more clever group. And the more you oppress that group the stronger and more clannish it will get.
Let's face it Jews are smarter than you.
Has this not even occurred to you yet? Maybe you should try to think it over?
That must be it. The bible says so. The Jewish talmud says it all more emphatically - how dare anyone exist if they are not Jewish! What nerve!
Oh that stuff is mythology, what Thomas was referring to is Natural Selection
"As usual... it depends."

User avatar
Newme
Posts: 1155
Joined: December 13th, 2011, 1:21 am

Re: How to define antisemitism

Post by Newme » August 8th, 2018, 12:30 pm

LuckyR wrote:
August 8th, 2018, 11:58 am
Newme wrote:
August 8th, 2018, 11:55 am

That must be it. The bible says so. The Jewish talmud says it all more emphatically - how dare anyone exist if they are not Jewish! What nerve!
Oh that stuff is mythology, what Thomas was referring to is Natural Selection
:lol:
While we’re joking...
Image
Image

On a more serious note.. Isn’t this related to bigotry: intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself...
“In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.”

Fooloso4
Moderator
Posts: 3274
Joined: February 28th, 2014, 4:50 pm

Re: How to define antisemitism

Post by Fooloso4 » August 8th, 2018, 12:51 pm

Newme:
“In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.”
Good quote. Now if only you would make the choice not to be ignorant. There is a difference between accurate and false information. You are either not capable of making the distinction or have chosen to believe that what is false is true. You have chosen to ignore the most powerful search engine in general use because you think it is liberally biased. That is willful ignorance, but there are other search engines that you can use instead. In the end though, you still need to be able to separate information from reliable information. You are on the wrong side of the Info Wars.

Steve3007
Posts: 5393
Joined: June 15th, 2011, 5:53 pm
Favorite Philosopher: Eratosthenes
Location: UK

Re: How to define antisemitism

Post by Steve3007 » August 8th, 2018, 1:03 pm

Newme wrote:...intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.
Do you think there is a difference between intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself and challenging/debating those who hold different opinions from oneself?

Post Reply