Cubic Earth

Chat about anything your heart desires here, just be civil. Factual or scientific questions about philosophy go here (e.g. "When was Socrates born?"), and so most homework help questions belong here. Note, posts in the off-topic section will not increase new members post counts. This includes the introductions and feedback sections.
Steve3007
Favorite Philosopher: Eratosthenes

Re: Cubic Earth

Post by Steve3007 » October 19th, 2017, 4:18 am

Yes! I've never actually got drunk in a shower. I wonder what it's like? Quite fun probably.

Another thought: Could the expression "mermaid pedicure" be introduced as a useful shorthand to denote any pointless or self-defeating exercise?
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea." - Eric Cantona.

Albert Tatlock

Post by Albert Tatlock » October 19th, 2017, 4:37 am

Steve3007 wrote:Yes! I've never actually got drunk in a shower. I wonder what it's like? Quite fun probably.
I already sway about a bit when I stand on one leg to wash each foot so it's a definite no for me.
Another thought: Could the expression "mermaid pedicure" be introduced as a useful shorthand to denote any pointless or self-defeating exercise?
I don't see why not but Greta would probably find something wrong with it.

Zauber
New Trial Member

Post by Zauber » November 22nd, 2017, 12:49 am

we are jumping back and forth between reality and fantasy. Why go through this contortion of a cubic shaped planet? Lets just say 4 life forms meet that have never met before. Civilizations meet that have never met before.

Steve3007
Favorite Philosopher: Eratosthenes

Post by Steve3007 » November 22nd, 2017, 5:00 am

Lets just say 4 life forms meet that have never met before.
That sounds like the feed line to a joke. "Four life forms walk into a pub..."
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea." - Eric Cantona.

Greta
Site Admin

Post by Greta » November 23rd, 2017, 2:41 am

Albert Tatlock wrote:
Steve3007 wrote:Yes! I've never actually got drunk in a shower. I wonder what it's like? Quite fun probably.
I already sway about a bit when I stand on one leg to wash each foot so it's a definite no for me.
I don't see why not but Greta would probably find something wrong with it.
Should we understand the the plight of mythical creatures, Albert, rather than make fun of their ... different ablement? It's said that centaurs cannot masturbate. Should we laugh at that too? [weeping emoticon absent from the Smilies list].