Would you live in Medieval Times

Chat about anything your heart desires here, just be civil. Factual or scientific questions about philosophy go here (e.g. "When was Socrates born?"), and so most homework help questions belong here. Note, posts in the off-topic section will not increase new members post counts. This includes the introductions and feedback sections.
Warden Majere
New Trial Member

Re: Would you live in Medieval Times

Post by Warden Majere » February 7th, 2018, 4:30 am

LuckyR wrote:
January 31st, 2018, 4:54 pm
Warden Majere wrote:
January 30th, 2018, 5:25 am
Steve,

At th end of the day, I am just glad that I am not the only one that has given way too much thought to this particular idea hahaha! Could you imagine their reaction to dubstep? Pulling out that bluetooth speaker would be my last act before being hauled off to a witch trial.
Probably not as dramatic as your reaction to lunch.
Lunch was pretty amazing... Not sure that I'm getting your joke though. :roll:

LuckyR

Re: Would you live in Medieval Times

Post by LuckyR » February 8th, 2018, 2:44 am

Warden Majere wrote:
February 7th, 2018, 4:30 am
LuckyR wrote:
January 31st, 2018, 4:54 pm

Probably not as dramatic as your reaction to lunch.
Lunch was pretty amazing... Not sure that I'm getting your joke though. :roll:
Well, there was a dish literally called "garbage" (their word for gizzards): "Take good giblets (garbage): chickens’ heads, feet, livers, and gizzards, and wash them clean. Throw them into a nice pot, and add fresh beef broth, powdered pepper, cinnamon, cloves, mace, parsley and sage chopped small. Then take bread, steep it in the same broth, draw it through a strainer, add and let boil till done. Add powdered ginger, verjuice (sour grape or apple juice), salt, and a little saffron, and serve it forth"
"As usual... it depends."