tattoos and body piercing

Chat about anything your heart desires here, just be civil. Factual or scientific questions about philosophy go here (e.g. "When was Socrates born?"), and so most homework help questions belong here. Note, posts in the off-topic section will not increase new members post counts. This includes the introductions and feedback sections.
LuckyR

Re: tattoos and body piercing

Post by LuckyR » December 22nd, 2017, 4:35 am

Namelesss wrote:
December 21st, 2017, 9:23 pm
LuckyR wrote:
December 21st, 2017, 3:30 am
I am two steps ahead, I will be the true rebel fifteen years from now when the kids of the all over tattoo dudes rebel by having no tattoos.
Two steps ahead in la-la land!
That was exactly what Ötzi's mother said when she saw his tattoo!
Don't Know Ötzi?
He's that prehistoric fellow dig from the ice, ... the guy with the tattoos.
And folks are still getting them.
You'll never have to concern yourself with your tattoo free 'rebellion'...

Perhaps the true rebellion of Loving and not judging others? *__-
They're getting them, all right, no argument there. And I agree that there will always be those who will. That's not the topic. The discussion is, what will tattoos signify/imply in the future? We're all entitled to our opinions. Let's check back in 2032
"As usual... it depends."

Namelesss

Post by Namelesss » December 22nd, 2017, 5:54 am

LuckyR wrote:
December 22nd, 2017, 4:35 am
Namelesss wrote:
December 21st, 2017, 9:23 pm

Two steps ahead in la-la land!
That was exactly what Ötzi's mother said when she saw his tattoo!
Don't Know Ötzi?
He's that prehistoric fellow dig from the ice, ... the guy with the tattoos.
And folks are still getting them.
You'll never have to concern yourself with your tattoo free 'rebellion'...

Perhaps the true rebellion of Loving and not judging others? *__-
They're getting them, all right, no argument there. And I agree that there will always be those who will. That's not the topic. The discussion is, what will tattoos signify/imply in the future? We're all entitled to our opinions. Let's check back in 2032
Don't need to, tattoos that are 'significant' have been 'significant' of the same thing since Otzi!
There is no rational reason to assume that, suddenly, humanity (and the psychology thereof) will 'change' so drastically.
The answer to your question is not in some wooo-wooo mystical 'future', but over your shoulder.
Just look.
Relax, no one's going to tattoo you in your sleep.

One can say that anything from any mouth is 'opinion', but it's odd that about the only time someone uses the term is when someone else says something that he doesn't like, that is disturbing somehow, and thus the reiteration of the dismissive; "just his opinion".
No prob...
When you change your mind, I'll be happy to give you your first tat! *__-

LuckyR

Post by LuckyR » December 23rd, 2017, 4:34 am

Namelesss wrote:
December 22nd, 2017, 5:54 am
LuckyR wrote:
December 22nd, 2017, 4:35 am

Don't need to, tattoos that are 'significant' have been 'significant' of the same thing since Otzi!
There is no rational reason to assume that, suddenly, humanity (and the psychology thereof) will 'change' so drastically.
The answer to your question is not in some wooo-wooo mystical 'future', but over your shoulder.
Just look.
Relax, no one's going to tattoo you in your sleep.

One can say that anything from any mouth is 'opinion', but it's odd that about the only time someone uses the term is when someone else says something that he doesn't like, that is disturbing somehow, and thus the reiteration of the dismissive; "just his opinion".
No prob...
When you change your mind, I'll be happy to give you your first tat! *__-
Relax? I am relaxed. And while everyone knows that there were tats in prehistoric times, that's not news. But it is an over simplification to assume that ritual, religious, tribal, (true) rebellion, fashion and trendy uses over time are identical. Thus the future is actually unlikely to be like the present, why should it? The present isn't identical to the past.
"As usual... it depends."

Namelesss

Post by Namelesss » December 23rd, 2017, 5:29 am

LuckyR wrote:
December 23rd, 2017, 4:34 am
But it is an over simplification to assume that ritual, religious, tribal, (true) rebellion, fashion and trendy uses over time are identical.

Perhaps a simplification (and I'll forget the 'identical' fudge), but history shows us that, statistically, we are safe in betting that no reasons for tats will change in the next thousand years, or so. There are no new reasons. Haven't been in millennia!
Not anything is any different regarding human psychology, nor is there any evidence that it is going to change.
We are no different than we were 300,000 years ago, psychologically.
Perhaps we have fancier toys, but we still bash each other with them, and memorialize the victory with a tat!
Thus the future is actually unlikely to be like the present, why should it? The present isn't identical to the past.
Thus, tattooistically, we have every reason to hypothesize that the 'future' is quite likely to 'be like the present'.
You are welcome to stick around and see for yourself! Time will tell. *__-