Dirty Universe/Naughtorious

Here is the place for your suggestions, comments, or questions regarding the Philosophy Forums.
User avatar
Krontheos
Posts: 359
Joined: October 27th, 2012, 3:04 pm

Re: Dirty Universe/Naughtorious

Post by Krontheos » October 19th, 2013, 3:41 pm

Misty wrote:To add to your OP, DU was also colorful and hilarious. He is a 21 year old brilliant thinker. I have cried a lot today over this very bad decision to delete him as if he made no contribution to this PC, buried like he died, but buried with all memories erased. It sickens me. I remember a saying when i was a kid: Sticks and stones will break my bones, but WORDS will never hurt me. Are we ADULTS who fend for ourselves OR BABIES who need protection?
You poor babe, Scott really needs to change something here. Scott made a mistake; he needs to fix this issue here and apologize to you Misty, for making you feel this way. He owes you an apology.

If Scott does not read this thread then I will send a personal message to his inbox.


-- Updated October 19th, 2013, 3:46 pm to add the following --
Syamsu wrote:DU did not have any meaningful passion, he hated subjectivity, he was just high.
This is a bold accusation, Syamsu. And I generally disapprove of attacking somebody who cannot defend himself (a banned member with no voice). For better or worse, you benefit from this flagrant moderation action. Because your critic was banned from participation and further recourse.

In a way, silencing somebody in the realm of philosophy, deleting their content without permission, is worse than death.

However at least we have memories to relive and remember those who push the boundaries of philosophy. I subjectively, personally want to see DU/Naughtorious resurrected back into life.
Being is an object

Image

User avatar
Misty
Contributor
Posts: 5933
Joined: August 10th, 2011, 8:13 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Dirty Universe/Naughtorious

Post by Misty » October 19th, 2013, 4:05 pm

Syamsu wrote:I looked it up Misty, it was you after all who made the argument that if you can't fly then free will doesn't exist. I called it the superman argument against free will.

On this forum we are operating in a delusional state where free will is not commonly established. We do not subjectively acknowledge each others emotional state, who each is as being the owner of their decisions. The atmosphere on the forum is just as vicious and hateful if in a country the right of people to choose is not established, like in the sovjet union or nazi germany. That's how it is, the game of life being played here is phony, there is no genuine emotion, the environment is unsafe for any genuine emotion. DU did not have any meaningful passion, he hated subjectivity, he was just high.

I told you Syamsu if you found a post where I used the term superman to please refer me it to me because I don't recall it and I could not find it the last time this was brought up. PLEASE REFER ME. I don't know what this has to do with the OP but then i seldom understand your intentions or views.

You did not know DU as a friend. So please do not try to tell me anything about him. He was my friend.

Why are you always talking about Hitler and the Nazi regime?

By the way, Syamsu, you say horrible things to people on your posts, maybe you are still here because Scott has not reviewed your posts yet.
Last edited by Misty on October 19th, 2013, 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Things are not always as they appear; it's a matter of perception.

The eyes can only see what the mind has, is, or will be prepared to comprehend.

I am Lion, hear me ROAR! Meow.

Syamsu
Posts: 2524
Joined: December 9th, 2011, 4:45 pm

Re: Dirty Universe/Naughtorious

Post by Syamsu » October 19th, 2013, 4:09 pm

Krontheos wrote: (Nested quote removed.)

You poor babe, Scott really needs to change something here. Scott made a mistake; he needs to fix this issue here and apologize to you Misty, for making you feel this way. He owes you an apology.

If Scott does not read this thread then I will send a personal message to his inbox.


-- Updated October 19th, 2013, 3:46 pm to add the following --


(Nested quote removed.)

This is a bold accusation, Syamsu. And I generally disapprove of attacking somebody who cannot defend himself (a banned member with no voice). For better or worse, you benefit from this flagrant moderation action. Because your critic was banned from participation and further recourse.

In a way, silencing somebody in the realm of philosophy, deleting their content without permission, is worse than death.

However at least we have memories to relive and remember those who push the boundaries of philosophy. I subjectively, personally want to see DU/Naughtorious resurrected back into life.
Pushing boundaries is mainly for people with a borderline personality. The greatest things to be appreciated were always obvious, simple and straightforward. And again, DU was tyrannical, he creepily tried to get me banned. I don't really know why DU got banned, but it seems a reasonable possibility that there was a good reason for it.

What with the emotions of people who reject subjectivity, how to deal with them is a total mystery. Being very careful, wary, and avoid them seems to be the right way.

-- Updated October 19th, 2013, 3:35 pm to add the following --
Misty wrote: (Nested quote removed.)



I told you Syamsu if you found a post where I used the term superman to please refer me it to me because I don't recall it and I could not find it the last time this was brought up. PLEASE REFER ME. I don't know what this has to do with the OP but then i seldom understand your intentions or views.

You did not know DU as a friend. So please do not try to tell me anything about him. He was my friend.

Why are you always talking about Hitler and the Nazi regime?

By the way, Syamsu, you say horrible things to people on your posts, maybe you are still here because Scott has not reviewed your posts yet.
Western history stopped at the holocaust, it is like it was yesterday. One cannot procede history without emotions, and the holocaust is unresolved, despite efforts to humanize the west. So in the West we are living still in a post-modern era where there is no history, no story, it is kind of limbo.

I already said I called it the superman argument, you did not call it that, you just said that free will is not real because people can't fly at will.

User avatar
Misty
Contributor
Posts: 5933
Joined: August 10th, 2011, 8:13 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Dirty Universe/Naughtorious

Post by Misty » October 19th, 2013, 6:00 pm

Krontheos wrote: (Nested quote removed.)
You poor babe, Scott really needs to change something here. Scott made a mistake; he needs to fix this issue here and apologize to you Misty, for making you feel this way. He owes you an apology.

If Scott does not read this thread then I will send a personal message to his inbox.



Thank so much, Krontheos, for your kindness.
Things are not always as they appear; it's a matter of perception.

The eyes can only see what the mind has, is, or will be prepared to comprehend.

I am Lion, hear me ROAR! Meow.

User avatar
FerrumIntellectus
Posts: 312
Joined: May 6th, 2013, 11:25 am
Favorite Philosopher: All of them
Contact:

Re: Dirty Universe/Naughtorious

Post by FerrumIntellectus » October 19th, 2013, 10:14 pm

[quoteDU did not have any meaningful passion, he hated subjectivity, he was just high.][/quote]

I have only been angry one other time on this forum. However, unlike last time I am not going to get penalized for losing my cool. I did not know DU as personally as Misty did, however we seemed to be really forging a connection right before he left, Regardless, one didn't need to know DU personally to know that Philosophy is everything to him. When you can post a topic as lengthy and rich in detail as DU did with Mind Sentience, and immerse yourself in every ebb & flow of the discourse that ensues from such a topic as he did, then you know the passion he possessed was incomparable. Of course DU hated subjectivity. In my opinion, any self respecting philosopher worth his weight in salt hates subjectivity because Philosophy is in itself a field of inquiry and this inquiry is prompted by a yearning for truth & understanding. He worked tirelessly to ascertain the truth which is something I can deeply appreciate given my recent endeavors with moral philosophy. This forum needs him more than he needs it and while as I said earlier, he was guilty of antagonism in certain posts, the quality of his philosophical contributions far outweighed and outshined the quantity of his anger.
You put up several layers of dishonesty to protect your drug use. I don't have to dismantle your dishonesty, this is not therapy. I only deal with arguments, got any?
You are a drug user by the meaning of injecting scientific certitude into matters of opinion making you feel high, and pre-emptively arguing against anything which endangers the drug use. Intellectual corruption ensues.
No chance of that. You're all full of evil, you all got to be kept in check, and any little leeway I give you all immediately fill it up with BS.
It's a matter of opinion whether or not you have emotions. You have the emotions that all people have who reject subjectivity, the boring sort of emotions. Lack of straightforwardness, lack of innocense, impulsive, radical, coldhearted, calculating, screeching, arrogant, predictable etc. You are no light in my eye, but ofcourse people who basicly deny me the right of having an opinion, I can't really care to be honest about what is in their heart.
These are quotes from you from different topics you engaged in. I am using these to illustrate that you too, were prone to frustration and outbursts. However, you were not terminated like DU nor should you be. Because the fact is like him, you too engaged in philosophical inquiry. He shouldn't have been banned and you saying he had no passion simply because of his approach at times which you too were guilty of exercising is way off base. He was my friend, and I will not have his character or his nature as a Philosopher insulted.
The Philosopher is a majestic and feral beast. Prowling Ivory halls only stalls hunger but never satiates it. The Philosopher must claim the jungle to truly find fulfillment.

Greatest I Was
Posts: 41
Joined: October 16th, 2013, 7:45 pm

Re: Dirty Universe/Naughtorious

Post by Greatest I Was » October 19th, 2013, 11:09 pm

As much as I admire the passion within you all besides Syamsu's rhetoric, Scott did not ban me for my alleged madness (try not to confuse madness with passion) as far as I'm aware. Before I left the forums for the night, I chose the Art Category to flood my posts with. This was a selfish, but fun thing I took upon myself to do to get to 666 posts to satisfy my crazy antics. A part of me subconsciously saw how dry the Art Forum was, so I poured some of my chaos into it. I was going to reply to the most recent threads that were up, for example, Philosophy Explorer's thread, however I was up around 6A.M in the morning (I tend to have chronic insomnia), so that side of judgement slipped away from me when I went to head to bed. Unbeknownst to you all, you can erase everything of mine, and I will still be as passionate as I am now. You would have to kill me to end my passion, but that's assuming it does not piss off the passion of others. As it was established already, it's peculiar how people can become worst than myself when fighting with passion. I suspect it's because few of you are prepared to face things such as Scott's deletion of my account, and end up losing control over the flamethrower thats use was supposed to be eliminating ignorance and the flammable wool over mostly everyone's eyes. I honestly do not even know why all of you love me when I come with thorns, I appreciate it greatly, but let's remember ourselves while remembering my previous literatures, yes? It's kind of pointless to forget yourself in the process of remembering another, don't you think?

There should be no worries. I am still here - Fighting alongside the brilliant poster, Greatest I was. I can re-write everything I have ever thought and more. What you let yourselves forget, is that thoughts only grow further in time, so if I wanted to recreate "Mind Sentience", I could, with astounding quality compared to its predecessor. I can create new personalities endlessly. Ideas, concepts, theories, approaches. I am as elusive and mysterious as life itself. Philosophy & Psychology is my life, I speak the language of the mind some would say, but most importantly, I knew my consequences and I faced them as if I was taking a normal breath of air. As a composer of music, (Go to Jewgrounds (Replace the "J" with a "N"), go to Audio Portal, go to the top right search bar and type in, "Live It Yahweh", or "Halloween2013".) This is a song I entered into a halloween contest on the site, but here's the thing - I am using default presets to make my song because when I reformatted my computer, I did not place the FL Studio files properly onto the driver, so everything was lost. What did I do? I made songs with default presets, and now I am composing at professional level still. I'm literally taking a musical **** on everyone that uses the godly programs like Reason, Ableton or some other too-good-for-you-system.

My admirable philosophers, and Scott. You are having the experience to meet one of the most chaotic, yet melancholic individuals in the world. When I lose things, I make more things. When I have nothing, I make something. When I see ****, I turn it into gold. When people attack me, I show them the consequences. Albeit Scott's rules are superficial and highly contradicting to be frank, I truly think that Scott only saw my 60 posts of "Okay." which I flooded the Art forums with. Let's not be too hard on Scott, he just came back and saw the Art forum being spammed by a "Dirty Universe". It's like coming home from work to see your house on fire. You see your child with a match in their hand and instantly project your frustration and anger on the child. It turns out the child found the match that was set by an arsonist which ran from the scene before being caught. Of course the parent is judgementally naive, and the child is incoherent and unable to defend for themselves. It's a tragic blindspot in all of our abilities to perceive the world, and it happens. You heard it from the dead man, himself. Scott only saw the "spam" and "insulting" side of me. Scott, like the parent, did not give me, like the child, a chance to speak for themselves.

Now, if Scott banned this account - I give you all permission to hound him for disorderly conduct. I have been 100% rule-abiding on this account. It would be childish to carry over my previous consequences to this account which is an entirely different personality.

Okisites, this account is already ahead of you. Misty, your movie analogy is brilliant. You know me well. Krontheos, I never knew you would be the creator of such a thread, but I did sense that you enjoyed our discussions. Frankly you spoke more truth here than in your threads that use broad terms. FerrumIntellectus, you are like a young brother to me, I cherish you and your philosophy always. Toadny, and Syamsu, you are both delusional, and I want to thank you for projecting that delusion on this irrelevant thread personally for us all to witness objectively. (It's strange, because Toadny is 100% literal, and Syamsu is 100% subjective. This genuinely shows us that absolution is poison to the human mind).

User avatar
Spiral Out
Site Admin
Posts: 5007
Joined: June 26th, 2012, 10:22 am

Re: Dirty Universe/Naughtorious

Post by Spiral Out » October 20th, 2013, 12:21 am

FerrumIntellectus wrote:In my opinion, any self respecting philosopher worth his weight in salt hates subjectivity because Philosophy is in itself a field of inquiry and this inquiry is prompted by a yearning for truth & understanding.
Since I'm fundamentally a Subjectivist Idealist, and since I don't hate subjectivity, I'll take that as a challenge and propose the topic of "Subjectivism vs. Objectivism" as the basis of our next debate.
Dedicated to the fine art of thinking.

Greatest I Was
Posts: 41
Joined: October 16th, 2013, 7:45 pm

Re: Dirty Universe/Naughtorious

Post by Greatest I Was » October 20th, 2013, 1:37 am

Spiral Out wrote:
Since I'm fundamentally a Subjectivist Idealist, and since I don't hate subjectivity, I'll take that as a challenge and propose the topic of "Subjectivism vs. Objectivism" as the basis of our next debate.
I can see that little ol' me hasn't convinced you enough to understand that philosophy starts out as a subjective adventure for everyone that seeks for objective answers. Thankfully we are subjective starting off, but we live in an objective world with tools that work on an objective level. We will never know the world's name. All we need is to know how the world works by recognizing ourselves as a part of the world's inner workings and all of our thoughts amd creations as the same inner workings, but in a different form that we only can assume is not related to the objective world. We do not even know our own names, so why does it matter? The more answers you anchor down out of the various fields of information in this world, the more objective you become. You either become the result of your lack of knowledge, or you live the knowledge through and through. Like happiness, sadness and sickness, we are able to amplify information. Knowledge is information, and do you know what you cannot do to genuine knowledge? Amplify it. This proves that our thoughts, emotions and feelings are on a different conscious level than the information that encompasses this nameless universe.

User avatar
Krontheos
Posts: 359
Joined: October 27th, 2012, 3:04 pm

Re: Dirty Universe/Naughtorious

Post by Krontheos » October 20th, 2013, 2:54 am

Naughtorious you should reconcile with Scott for the sake of Misty.

Scott obviously wants to ban you; and if he has good reason to then you need to reconsider your own behavior.

I want to find a solution for you to stay that Scott accepts.
Being is an object

Image

User avatar
FerrumIntellectus
Posts: 312
Joined: May 6th, 2013, 11:25 am
Favorite Philosopher: All of them
Contact:

Re: Dirty Universe/Naughtorious

Post by FerrumIntellectus » October 20th, 2013, 3:22 am

Since I'm fundamentally a Subjectivist Idealist, and since I don't hate subjectivity, I'll take that as a challenge and propose the topic of "Subjectivism vs. Objectivism" as the basis of our next debate.
YES! I have wanted a rematch with you more than anything! My fear was though, that you and I would not have anything to debate about. My blood is boiling for this one! You're on!
The Philosopher is a majestic and feral beast. Prowling Ivory halls only stalls hunger but never satiates it. The Philosopher must claim the jungle to truly find fulfillment.

User avatar
Okisites
Posts: 1286
Joined: April 20th, 2012, 7:53 am
Favorite Philosopher: Nature

Re: Dirty Universe/Naughtorious

Post by Okisites » October 20th, 2013, 4:33 am

Well DU, It's good to see you again. Enjoy.
Get the facts, or the facts will get you. And when you get them, get them right, or they will get you wrong.” ― Thomas Fuller

Greatest I Was
Posts: 41
Joined: October 16th, 2013, 7:45 pm

Re: Dirty Universe/Naughtorious

Post by Greatest I Was » October 20th, 2013, 5:50 am

Krontheos wrote:Naughtorious you should reconcile with Scott for the sake of Misty.

Scott obviously wants to ban you; and if he has good reason to then you need to reconsider your own behavior.

I want to find a solution for you to stay that Scott accepts.
Scott only notices the arson-side of me, Krontheos. Like with many people that hold the judgement hammer, they never professionally notice you until you make a move that specifically goes against ToS. It doesn't matter if you hold in your passion for a decade - you make one mistake, you're on this wonderful list called the S-List. I, being human and honest, haven't made any mistakes besides flooding the Art Forum to gain my 666th post. Anyone can name and shame scolding, vitriol, or ad hominems as they wish, but I'm wise enough to know that issues are in the problems of the people and the people themselves; being polite and following rules is why the congress is successfully, but politely, destroying us from the inside. Every historical figure that we praise to this day weren't polite and were just as passionate, human and honest as I am, but since I'm a stranger on the internet, this relation goes over people's heads. I once had an ice cream wrapper on my desk that I set while typing, and the ceiling fan blew it. I pressed my finger on it, and it made me realize even more that people need to be pressured or they end up all over the place. There's absolutely nothing wrong with pressure when it comes with moderation. Everything has to be PC, while judgement still burns through every protection form they can find. There will always be chaos. Placing a band-aid on it limits our freedom. It's a logical fallacy. Want to know something brutally honest, Krontheos? Ad hominems are said to be a logical fallacy, and they get under people's skin successfully (internet trolls demonstrate this day in and day out) and do work while PC does absolutely nothing besides satiate pointless feelings that do not apply to everyone, but yet it's a global censorship. Let me tell you how this happened. Politicians played the strings of people's hearts for election votes. People would rather listen to a blind heart, than a heart guided by knowledge. That's the only reason why our world is absurdly PC. This is why Scott bans me for being honest. People will do anything to blame others, and repeat the same thing behind closed doors. Letting people think they have the right to silence us because they do not know how to handle a word is the same as letting the congress think they have the right to silence us because they think they know how to handle a world. Everyone that complains about rights never has the responsibility to have a right. That's why they are complaining in the first place. They do not have any idea what it means to have a responsibility. Do you know what that means, Krontheos? We have the world backwardss - Scott is encouraging it. The children are turning the critical thinkers against themselves, while they play all the cards in the book. When will people realize that it's much easier to do what children do compared to what I do? Does anyone really expect me to have the same spectrum of patience as children that enjoy destroying a world and having no comprehension for what they are doing to themselves, to our people, to our future people and to our world? If they do, then they are as childish as they are! The things that go on in this world is reprehensible, but the things that don't go on in this world is even more reprehensible. Why are we fighting for freedom, if we subject it to the lowest common denominators? Does Scott really think the wise man isolates himself from all the people because he just wants to? I will guarantee Scott that if that wise man stayed, he would become something many worlds worse than I am. I wonder why most serial killers are above average intelligence, could be a clue to understand what true knowledge does to us when we are stuck in a world raised by children. I have controlled my insanity to the point I understand my monsters more than I understand myself. If Scott thinks I'm breaking the rules because I'm more blunt, then he has another thing coming! When everything collapses, I will appear to be the saint, while others reveal the monsters they catered to behind security and comfort. I'm not the bad guy, why do you think I am one of the ones that finish last? It's not like I missed my grass growing movie marathon. Scott is just another screw in this system of insanity that plays sanity in a way that it makes anyone that can see the madness feel their stomache churn every day. It's not a pleasant feeling knowing what people are capable of and the detailed elaboration of ruin that follows their vacuous actions.

User avatar
Spiral Out
Site Admin
Posts: 5007
Joined: June 26th, 2012, 10:22 am

Re: Dirty Universe/Naughtorious

Post by Spiral Out » October 20th, 2013, 10:53 am

FerrumIntellectus wrote:I have wanted a rematch with you more than anything!
Would you like to start it off or would you like me to pose the opening arguments?
Greatest I Was wrote:This is why Scott bans me for being honest.
Let's be honest here. Are you really seeking truth, or just providing us with your own personal subjective flavor of truth?

Do you have the skills to engage in a genuine philosophical debate without regressing into personal attacks?

No, he bans you for not possessing the skill required to practice self-control and to abide by the rules of the forums. If you must rant and spread your own personal subjective flavor of truth then do so where it is accepted and appropriate.

The entire world is not your own personal soapbox where all must gladly entertain your narcissistic ramblings.

There are four types of members here:
1) Those who technically post according to the rules and also intend for the interpretive content of their posts to adhere to those rules.
2) Those who technically post according to the rules but intend for the interpretive content of their posts to be contrary to the rules.
3) Those who technically post contrary to the rules but intend the interpretive content of their posts to adhere to those rules.
4) Those who technically post contrary to the rules and intend to interpretive content of their posts to also be contrary to the rules.

You seem to wander back and forth aimlessly between category #3 and #4, with brief visits to #1.

If you require total freedom and anonymity, then go to where they welcome such confusion and unproductive chaos. You are not a special case where you get to ignore all rules simply because you find them to be not up to your own subjective standards.

Tell me, what good is a game without rules? Anyone can win a game that has no rules. All they must do is simply claim that they've won. Anyone with a mouth can spout off their thoughts in uncontrolled and unstructured rants, but it is those who can do the same within a specified set of rules who have the real skill.

Show us that skill you surely possess.
Dedicated to the fine art of thinking.

User avatar
FerrumIntellectus
Posts: 312
Joined: May 6th, 2013, 11:25 am
Favorite Philosopher: All of them
Contact:

Re: Dirty Universe/Naughtorious

Post by FerrumIntellectus » October 20th, 2013, 11:40 am

Would you like to start it off or would you like me to pose the opening arguments?
I would like you to start it off this time because you laid down the gauntlet in terms of the topic being Subjective Idealism vs Objectivism. Also, I am assuming this debate will get its own thread? I want our debate to be similar in setting to that of the one between you and LiberationCollective. Just you and me, in our own topic debating it out. I told Misty personally that this debate means a great deal to me for I felt like I let both of us down with my performance last time. This time, I intend on giving you a debate worthy of your time. I just want an arena that suits the passion we will both be bringing to this discussion.
The Philosopher is a majestic and feral beast. Prowling Ivory halls only stalls hunger but never satiates it. The Philosopher must claim the jungle to truly find fulfillment.

User avatar
Spiral Out
Site Admin
Posts: 5007
Joined: June 26th, 2012, 10:22 am

Re: Dirty Universe/Naughtorious

Post by Spiral Out » October 20th, 2013, 11:53 am

Ready when you are, my friend. I anxiously await your opening arguments.
Dedicated to the fine art of thinking.

Post Reply