Color-text rule should be removed.

Official website announcements are posted in this forum.

If you have questions, suggestions, or need support or help with anything, please email [email protected].
Subatomic God

Color-text rule should be removed.

Post by Subatomic God »

Scott placed me on board parole because I was writing in all color-text - apparently, for some reason, color-text is against the rules. Here's what I have to say about this "rule", that makes no logical sense.

1) I have extremely painful arthritis, so it's very difficult for me to keep typing the strange symbols to bold, italicize or underline parts of my post to emphasize key parts.

2) There are people that are introverts; there are people that are extroverts. I am an introvert - I exist inside objects, inside colors, art, music, everything that is internally experiential. Purple is a color I live in, I project myself into and exist as, through personality-role-play and inspiration. In my years of jumping from one forum to the next, I have never written out of character unless I was without confidence and was preparing myself as a new comer. This will not be my first, because if Scott does not discuss this rule with me, I will not be "me", that part of "me" that exists only through everything else.

3) Scott says that "it is unfair for others when you use a color because it draws attention to your post", but I argue that anyone can use colors that suite their personality - it's fair because our avatars still help us distinguish who is writing what. If it isn't the pretty purple text, it's going to be that falling stick figure avatar that draws attention, or an alluring sunset avatar. Perhaps maybe it's the name that draws attention from other names? This is why I am 100% against Scott's color-text rule! It makes no sense!

4) Black text is default. Humans are about personality - what we wear, how we speak, what we learn, what we yearn. We are not default creatures. Some of us can handle typing away in a small cubicle at a nameless job, but others, we exist and breathe through color, through freedom through our way of living! The purple text, the purple avatar and the female symbol is a great representation of who I am! I will not let Scott take that away from me over a rule that takes 5 seconds to interject!

So in conclusion, Scott's color-text rule is problematic to those that can't thrive off of a dull world, and have to create a personality to inspire themselves with. I suggest this rule to be removed, and common sense to take its place - to acknowledge that people have their own worlds, their own drives, their own personalities! Purple-text, female enchantress is my personality... not black and white, default, nobody, empty same-ol' text that makes you feel like you're typing in a cubicle at a job nobody knows about working for a stranger. I came here to think and live in my personality - this rule will be the end of itself, or me.

---

Other people's opinions

---

"Well, you certainly make an interesting case for yourself.

For the record... you're purple font does not bother me. If it was a light yellow font that's hard on the eyes I might object.

I'd rather not get involved in a petition and any acrimony with Scott or any mod. But I for one don't care if you type in all purple font and I hope you can win your case with Scott if the color of text you communicate in is important to you.

Blessings and have a fine Saturday evening." - Supine

"I'm in agreement with you in principle Sub. Another example is the office where people are allowed to dress anyway they feel like (up to understandable limits) where they were previously denied. I think Scott is going too far in denying on the aforementioned grounds." - Philosophy Explorer

"Yes. I don't understand the problem with drawing attention to one's post anyway, and if color is all that is drawing attention then I doubt I will see much substance in a reply by someone so drawn by mere color." - Granth

"If this PM is the petition itself, concern my reply my formal signature. I don't know when I will actively return to this site but anytime I can help a fellow Philosopher is a time worth pursuing." - FerrumIntellectus

"Hello Subatomic,

I have no issue with using different colors in a post. However, other than the default black, imo, one color for the full post is not easy to read as some color lack contrast against a white background. I agree with using different colors to highlight certain parts of the post.

Nevertheless, (after years of experience with forum) the final/ultimate prerogative is up to the owner of the site.

Regards Spectrum.

(After asking them if they liked purple)

The purple you are using is OK with me. Very dark red or dark blue is also fine.

However, I would prefer they be inter-mixed with black.

The problem with the eye fixing on one color in a long post is that the color is retained in the retina for some time and it can be quite distortive in reading.

Regards Spectrum" - Spectrum

"Hi, Sub.

I sympathise with the issue you have raised, but the bottom line is that Scott makes HIS forum available for our use, so he should have the last say in regard to the rules. If you can persuade Scott to ask us, himself, about the issue, then I would cast a vote, but not otherwise.

Cheers, enegue"

"I agree with you but I feel you will not win with Scottt. The main problem with this forum is Scott. He is hardly ever in attendence to monitor so he takes draconian measures to insure we behave in his absense." - Xris

"Hi SubatomicGod,

I love color! I support your quest. The only color I have a problem with is pale or bright yellow which hurts my eyes to read, or can barely be seen. I like your purples!

Have a great day, Misty" - Misty

"However, with the written topics, in the way that they are written, should not be subjectively distinguished. The topics and writing we put in the forum is what binds everyone in the forum together. It is this part that allows for a collective bonding and debate to take place.

As such, what will distinguish someone in the forum when writing will be the power of their reason and logic, along with empirical evidence to support their argument, not the colors of the text of what symbol you feel represents you, and I believe this is what Scott is trying to adhere to. Despite our need to stand out and in whatever way we physically can, in the end what will be a true form of philosophically standing out will be how one argues and debates in a topic. The avatars already provide grounds for individual expressions that everyone will see and recognize. So I agree with you that it is the avatars and the title of the topic that will stand you out as an individual. By using the colour black, we are putting words as a default in order to focus instead on what people are trying to say through words. We can express ourselves and our individuality through the words we use. Using an array of colours in a text will take the focus out of what you are trying to argue in a given topic.

I do hope that you are able to find ways to reduce the pain of your arthritis. At the very least perhaps Scott can make some exceptions to you and on how you write your texts. I wish you all the best.

Luisgmarquez1985" - Luisgmarquez1985
What do you call a cat wearing a turtle's shell on its back? A purpoise.
Okisites
Favorite Philosopher: Nature

Re: Color-text rule should be removed.

Post by Okisites »

Subatomic God,

This is a feedback and forum announcement section, and it has everything to do with Administrator and Moderators, not the general posters. You should give this in Philosopher's lounge section, so that everybody else should express their views about it(If you wanted them to express).

Administrator and Moderators are already against you, and will not going to help you here, and nobody else, because it is already in feedback section, where admin and mods are supposed to answer, I think so.

Therefore I think it will be helpful to you, if you will give this in Philosopher's lounge section, if you want other's views about it.

Thank You,

Okisites
Get the facts, or the facts will get you. And when you get them, get them right, or they will get you wrong.” ― Thomas Fuller
Subatomic God

Post by Subatomic God »

Okisites wrote:
Therefore I think it will be helpful to you, if you will give this in Philosopher's lounge section, if you want other's views about it.

Thank You,

Okisites
I don't know about that... I'm looking at the other threads in "feedback", and I see a discussion between both the people in power and the people that post.
Okisites

Post by Okisites »

Subatomic God wrote:
Okisites wrote:

Thank You,

Okisites
I don't know about that... I'm looking at the other threads in "feedback", and I see a discussion between both the people in power and the people that post.
I am sorry for not replying before because I just got the alert about your reply today, through my email account. I didn't knew that you have posted a reply two days before. Even when I checked it doesn't appeared in the thread. It is only appearing today.

So what I wanted to say is that, I also looked at other thread, but what I found is that, the posters appeared in the threads are only trying to get the answers from the admin OR trying to support admin, so therefore it is not not discussion section, It is only a feedback section that is supposed to be entertained by admin.

A feedback, by definition, is the concern of site admin only, and nobody else. If you want to talk about the present rules and regulations with other poster, (which is also off topic), you must give this opinion or question to Philosopher's Lounge section. There only the posters can give their opinion. So IMO, you must give your questions and there, and must go through right ways. Otherwise, you will not going to get any opinions, in this section at least.

Thank You
Get the facts, or the facts will get you. And when you get them, get them right, or they will get you wrong.” ― Thomas Fuller
Subatomic God

Post by Subatomic God »

Okisites wrote:
A feedback, by definition, is the concern of site admin only, and nobody else. If you want to talk about the present rules and regulations with other poster, (which is also off topic), you must give this opinion or question to Philosopher's Lounge section. There only the posters can give their opinion. So IMO, you must give your questions and there, and must go through right ways. Otherwise, you will not going to get any opinions, in this section at least.

Thank You
This rule concerns the admin's rules, therefore this particular subject is feedback. The other threads were concerned with the admin's rules, as well.
Okisites

Post by Okisites »

Subatomic God wrote:
Okisites wrote:

Thank You
This rule concerns the admin's rules, therefore this particular subject is feedback. The other threads were concerned with the admin's rules, as well.
Okay as you wish. I just thought that because you are asking other poster's opinion, you should give it in philosopher's lounge for discussion.

Thank you, Okisites.
Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
The admin formerly known as Scott
Favorite Philosopher: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes »

Subatomic God wrote:1) I have extremely painful arthritis, so it's very difficult for me to keep typing the strange symbols to bold, italicize or underline parts of my post to emphasize key parts.
I'm sorry you have arthritis. However, this point doesn't seem relevant to the question of using the emphasis options on the whole post. It's unfortunate that you have trouble emphasizing certain words, phrases or parts of the post such as by putting a certain word or sentence in bold but putting the whole post in emphasized text doesn't resolve that problem. You simply due to arthritis will struggle to emphasize words either way regardless of a rule prohibiting the use of font-options to style a whole post.
Subatomic God wrote:2) There are people that are introverts; there are people that are extroverts. I am an introvert - I exist inside objects, inside colors, art, music, everything that is internally experiential. Purple is a color I live in, I project myself into and exist as, through personality-role-play and inspiration. In my years of jumping from one forum to the next, I have never written out of character unless I was without confidence and was preparing myself as a new comer. This will not be my first, because if Scott does not discuss this rule with me, I will not be "me", that part of "me" that exists only through everything else.
I understand this and I am sorry if this forum is not a good fit for you. This forum is not a good fit for a lot of people. The forum rules are not designed to allow people to express themselves. Someone might like to post all their favorite music videos on forums they go to; it might be the main way they express themselves and feel out there, but it wouldn't fly here. This forum isn't for artistic expression or making people feel a certain way, it's for philosophical discussion and debate according to certain discussion guidelines. If some people enjoy doing that or it somehow makes them feel good about themselves or feel expressed, than that's great; but for others this forum will not be of interest.
Subatomic God wrote:3) Scott says that "it is unfair for others when you use a color because it draws attention to your post",
I'm pretty sure I never said that. If you attempting to paraphrase me, please don't put it in quotes. And in that case try to make it clear that you are paraphrasing what you believe my position is not quoting me.
Subatomic God wrote:but I argue that anyone can use colors that suite their personality - it's fair because our avatars still help us distinguish who is writing what. If it isn't the pretty purple text, it's going to be that falling stick figure avatar that draws attention, or an alluring sunset avatar. Perhaps maybe it's the name that draws attention from other names? This is why I am 100% against Scott's color-text rule! It makes no sense!
What's fair about the avatars and signatures is that everyone (at least past a certain post count) can have them. You are trying to use font options that are meant to distinguish some text from other text, namely to emphasize certain words, or to enable more clear presentation such as in this post. Using them to emphasize a whole post over the posts by other members is unfair.
Subatomic God wrote:4) Black text is default. Humans are about personality - what we wear, how we speak, what we learn, what we yearn. We are not default creatures. Some of us can handle typing away in a small cubicle at a nameless job, but others, we exist and breathe through color, through freedom through our way of living! The purple text, the purple avatar and the female symbol is a great representation of who I am! I will not let Scott take that away from me over a rule that takes 5 seconds to interject!
The forum rules and template aren't designed for the main purpose of enabling personality expression. This site has a much more specific purpose, philosophy. There are many more social websites on the internet that are more about each contributor having a uniquely styled presentation. Is MySpace still around?
For the record... you're purple font does not bother me. If it was a light yellow font that's hard on the eyes I might object.
This speaks to another reason for the rule. The in-post style options are stored in the database and meant to be post-specific. To illustrate, the forum hasn't always had the template it does now. On a previous template or a future template, yellow font might be more readable than purple font, links might be underlined or not. In web design and the HTML which is what the webpage you are looking at actually is, there is a big difference between structure and style.

-- Updated 15 May 2014 02:07 pm to add the following --

Also, this matter has already been discussed over 4 years ago:

http://onlinephilosophyclub.com/forums/ ... f=7&t=3263

A resolution was agreed on, but I have not had the time to implement the desired functionality. Unfortunately, most of my time on this site is wasted dealing with posters who intentionally utterly disregard the forum rules. It's kind of like when you invite someone into your house but as a condition ask them to remove their shoes first and instead they walk in and rub their muddy boots on your couch. It's a time-consuming thing.

But loyal members fear not--I am also working on a premium feature that I believe will help streamline things around here.
My entire political philosophy summed up in one tweet.

"The mind is a wonderful servant but a terrible master."

I believe spiritual freedom (a.k.a. self-discipline) manifests as bravery, confidence, grace, honesty, love, and inner peace.
Subatomic God

Post by Subatomic God »

Scott wrote: I'm sorry you have arthritis. However, this point doesn't seem relevant to the question of using the emphasis options on the whole post. It's unfortunate that you have trouble emphasizing certain words, phrases or parts of the post such as by putting a certain word or sentence in bold but putting the whole post in emphasized text doesn't resolve that problem. You simply due to arthritis will struggle to emphasize words either way regardless of a rule prohibiting the use of font-options to style a whole post.
Thank you for responding, Scott.

People do what they are comfortable in doing. I was comfortable with posting in one color throughout the message - already have I tried to emphasize bits and pieces as you suggested, but the awkward positioning of the symbols used to emphasize was too much for me. When I was typing out a well-thought out sentence, it felt more like labor, than it felt like life. When I switched to purple, it was a transcendental state I have reached - so much, that many have noticed how I changed dramatically by simply changing the font color; it's a gate way to my inspiration pool, and if I want to discuss something deep and innovative, I'm going to need that inspiration. Nobody was troubled by it, or had their post ignored for mine. I understand all caps - I understand misspelling, but I simply can not agree with color. Color is life - color is personality. Caps, and improper adequacy is an error.
I understand this and I am sorry if this forum is not a good fit for you. This forum is not a good fit for a lot of people. The forum rules are not designed to allow people to express themselves. Someone might like to post all their favorite music videos on forums they go to; it might be the main way they express themselves and feel out there, but it wouldn't fly here. This forum isn't for artistic expression or making people feel a certain way, it's for philosophical discussion and debate according to certain discussion guidelines. If some people enjoy doing that or it somehow makes them feel good about themselves or feel expressed, than that's great; but for others this forum will not be of interest.
Scott, I'm not expressing myself. My entire time I've been here, I only expressed myself on a minuscule level. This is not about "me", in that I am turning the posts I write into something about me as a person. What I mean by me... the "me" that everyone has, that is called the "inner genius" by ted talk... the one which throws people into a state when they compose music, when they illustrate or write literature.... That's the "me", I'm alluding to.

The entire framework of my inspiration is all about philosophy. Pervade through my posts, and you'll see for yourself that the color is not creating a bubble of a world, or a land designed for my ego. It's fully philosophy and it has never attempted to hi jack threads, or bite off more than it can chew. So why ban color, when it's not causing any trouble? Why ban color, when it's still philosophy? That is what I can't agree with, Scott. I understand your reasons, but they don't apply to me nor the color text. It never was color text that was the problem - it was the people that abuse them, just like they abuse caps and their keyboard, but you can't ban them, now can you?
I'm pretty sure I never said that. If you attempting to paraphrase me, please don't put it in quotes. And in that case try to make it clear that you are paraphrasing what you believe my position is not quoting me.
Using them to emphasize a whole post over the posts by other members is unfair.
This here is implying the same thing, really. If my post is "unfair" because it's "special" (you used this word in the PM you sent me, so I'm going to assume that you were alluding to how having a whole post in color will draw attention from other posts that have color scattered out), then it's because it's drawing attention; there's no other reason for it to be "special", or "unfair".
Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
The admin formerly known as Scott
Favorite Philosopher: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes »

I understand the reasons behind your paraphrasing what you are inferring I mean, but it is improper and bothersome for you to put quotation marks around a statement and ascribe it to me when it is not what I said but rather you paraphrasing what you are inferring I indirectly mean.

I understand that using the BBcode for emphasis/distinguishing parts of a post from other parts (example of intended use of colored text) to have all the text of all your posts have a different color or default style helps you feel expressed or reach a transcendental state or other use the forum. Unfortunately, I won't adjust the forum rules for this purpose. This forum isn't for everybody. There are many other community sites that are more focused on style and personalities than on sophisticated debate. Nonetheless, I hope you can find your place in this forum as I am sure you have many intriguing ideas. But you will need to follow the forum rules.
My entire political philosophy summed up in one tweet.

"The mind is a wonderful servant but a terrible master."

I believe spiritual freedom (a.k.a. self-discipline) manifests as bravery, confidence, grace, honesty, love, and inner peace.
Subatomic God

Post by Subatomic God »

Scott wrote: Unfortunately, I won't adjust the forum rules for this purpose. This forum isn't for everybody. There are many other community sites that are more focused on style and personalities than on sophisticated debate. Nonetheless, I hope you can find your place in this forum as I am sure you have many intriguing ideas. But you will need to follow the forum rules.
If these boards are about philosophy, why do you have a picture of your son? If our avatars are able to disregard philosophy, then why cannot our text share the same privilege? Scott, your rule is there for no reason - you say it is because of X, but I have reasonably demonstrated that all such X's are in your head. Nobody is being bothered by it, nor is it drawing unreasonable attention.

So let me ask you this, Scott. Why have a rule active, when it's as misinformed and superfluously implemented as, say, rules against people with different color skin, or people with different beliefs? The rule makes no sense; you can bend it any way you like, but from the beginning you have explained your reasoning, but I have demonstrated that it does not apply to any circumstances or color-text, it applies to troubled individuals that have more than one way to cause trouble on your boards.

You're restricting a more lively board, for a rule that has no back bone, and I can only express the sheer amount of queerness that is involved with your established rule with every response. You also wrote, "this board is not for everyone", like you are ignoring the sole purpose of this debate, just so you don't have to change your own rules. The more I try to reason with you, Scott; the more it ends up you seeming like you're afraid of being wrong about your standing.

Let's pretend this isn't about my transcendent state, and just the state of the rule. Where does it stand? How can it stand? The only thing keeping that rule instated is your bond with it like a mother's bond with a child that is causing trouble - this rule is causing unnecessary restrictions for unnecessary and irrelevant causes.
Spiral Out

Post by Spiral Out »

Subatomic God,

I think I might be able to simplify this for you.

Scott could retract all rules and we could have complete freedom to do whatever we want. That would invariably create a chaotic environment and the site would be either unusable or not fit for what its inherent purpose is. He could have also made the rules restrictive to the point of completely stifling any genuine expression. But what we actually have here is a functional and reasonable set of balanced rules that create an environment of sufficient usability and freedom.

Scott, being the owner of the site, has thoughtfully constructed rules, in addition to a well-arranged and cleanly-structured format, that facilitate the conditions necessary to achieve his specific goals for this site.

If typing in colored text other than black is that much of an imposition to you then you have the right to use some other site that allows it.

But there is a very logical reason you are here at this site instead of some other site. It's because you, as well as everyone else here, know that this is simply THE best philosophy site on the internet.

~ Spiral Out
Dedicated to the fine art of thinking.
Subatomic God

Post by Subatomic God »

Spiral Out wrote:Subatomic God,

I think I might be able to simplify this for you.

Scott could retract all rules and we could have complete freedom to do whatever we want. That would invariably create a chaotic environment and the site would be either unusable or not fit for what its inherent purpose is. He could have also made the rules restrictive to the point of completely stifling any genuine expression. But what we actually have here is a functional and reasonable set of balanced rules that create an environment of sufficient usability and freedom.

Scott, being the owner of the site, has thoughtfully constructed rules, in addition to a well-arranged and cleanly-structured format, that facilitate the conditions necessary to achieve his specific goals for this site.

If typing in colored text other than black is that much of an imposition to you then you have the right to use some other site that allows it.

But there is a very logical reason you are here at this site instead of some other site. It's because you, as well as everyone else here, know that this is simply THE best philosophy site on the internet.

~ Spiral Out

All the more reason to give it the love it deserves, Spiral. I have said once before to you through PM - as a man of chaos that you are, there are people like myself who still enjoy peace and harmony when it manages to salvage itself through the grime. I do not live in the archaic world you live in or have created for yourself; I know change is malleable - I don't use excuses like "rules", or "you are not the ruler". Ideas are there for the picking, and just like the cookies in the jar, people abuse it. That is why I am here to give you a perspective that deserves to be considered. These "rules", and the "rulers" are as faint and temporary as flatulence or the foot prints in the sand. Our experiences, which these rules affect greatly, last forever in memory.

I have demonstrated that Scott's reasons are irrelevant and exist only inside his head. I asked plenty of people to establish a system of opinions, which greatly opposed Scott's ruling - a ruling that was meant to keep peace for the people, which had been proven to be pointless because people never weren't at peace for this particular circumstance to begin with.

So what is left? Anarchy, and egoism. Where is the reason? The sense? The purpose of this rule? There is none. It's chaos driven by a man that would rather bond with their own rules, than to go back to their drawing board and realize some of the errors of their creations. Just like racism - just like sexism. It's idolatry, not rationality.

All Scott has to say is, "I'm not going to change my rules, because they are dogmatic. They are immutable as any religiously protected text or political ruling. Nothing will change that. The law is the law - that is all. "

I then will take my leave; to stop trying to reason with a man that doesn't want to change, as I would walk away from a wall I can not push. All Scott has to do is, try to change and reason, because no amount of stubborn pride will ever neglect the real nature of Scott's color-text rule, and how absolutely unreasonable and facetious it is.
Spiral Out

Post by Spiral Out »

As Scott had alluded to earlier, your request is akin to going into someone's home and demanding that they repaint the walls a different color so that it might suit your "transcendental state".

We are guests in his home.

All you have to do is go to another site. That is the very freedom you seek.
Subatomic God

Post by Subatomic God »

Spiral Out wrote:As Scott had alluded to earlier, your request is akin to going into someone's home and demanding that they repaint the walls a different color so that it might suit your "transcendental state".

All you have to do is go to another site. That is the very freedom you seek.
That's a poor analogy. I'm asking for an imaginary distinction to be looked into - which hinders other people's freedom, for a reason that is non-existent. Painted walls do not affect people's freedom - it affects their feelings. This rule is preventing physical actions, for reasons that are nonsensical.
Spiral Out

Post by Spiral Out »

The analogy is quite accurate and sufficient. Nobody's freedoms are being transgressed upon by the rule. The rule makes perfect sense and is functional and relevant to this site's goals.

Sorry you cannot understand this. If it were a real issue then there would be far more members arguing this case. You're the only one who it matters this much to, which indicates a highly subjective and individual concern. That's fine, but Scott isn't going to change the rule.

As I said before, there is very good reason you're still here. It's because we all know this site is the best philosophy site on the internet, hands down. I've looked around at the other philosophy sites. Not one of them comes close to the level of thought and care that has gone into the design and structure of this site.

Return to “Forum Announcements”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream