Pertaining to moderation and duration

Here is the place for your suggestions, comments, or questions regarding the Philosophy Forums.
Paradoxdevoured
New Trial Member

Pertaining to moderation and duration

Post by Paradoxdevoured » September 30th, 2014, 4:58 pm

I just became a forum member and posted my first view point under a question I found on the main page. I submitted but after a few hours noticed it still had not been applied to the topics discussion. My curiosity is simply to ascertain what would the average length in time it takes to have posts checked by a moderator. The post made was of generous duration and some may find also complex so i can understand a delay in its acceptance, but i have also not received a notice of declination. My punctuation and spelling was correct to the best of my abilities, however I am a philosophy writer/poet and in my normal works I excessively utilize ellipsis in order to apply effect and a notion to my readers to pause and reflect upon what had been said before continuing. I still used this technique but not nearly to the same gravity of my normal works, and I would like to know if there is any precautionary when writing in that way to an extent for the purpose of this. I have looked through some of the feedback to the forum and noticed that there is also been lost posts, I do have a copy of the exact material posted and would be happy to provide it again for any further inquiry.

Spiral Out
Site Admin

Re: Pertaining to moderation and duration

Post by Spiral Out » October 5th, 2014, 9:16 am

Paradoxdevoured,

Thanks for your message.

All of the moderators on this site are volunteers and contribute their time and efforts toward helping with the operating functions of the site when they have the time available, so it may take some time to get to your post(s) depending upon varying conditions such as the number of posts in the moderation queue as well as some technical factors.

We try to get to the posts awaiting the approval process as soon as possible. We are currently working to create a more streamlined process in order to facilitate this process.

Thanks for your patience.

- Spiral Out
Dedicated to the fine art of thinking.

Finvaara
Contributor

Re: Pertaining to moderation and duration

Post by Finvaara » October 5th, 2014, 3:40 pm

I admit to being very frustrated by the current moderation standard duration. On average, less than half of one post per day is approved, from my perspective. I can't see my position in the queue, but I know the last time one of my posts was approved was Thursday.

I can understand delays, but at this rate my posts may not even be on the same page as the latest posts when they are approved.

I would gladly help with the queue if I could. I need at least eight more of my posts approved first, though, I think.