Why is my queue moderatorship removed?

Here is the place for your suggestions, comments, or questions regarding the Philosophy Forums.
Post Reply
User avatar
Roel
Queue Moderator
Posts: 365
Joined: April 11th, 2013, 10:02 am
Favorite Philosopher: Hegel

Why is my queue moderatorship removed?

Post by Roel » October 13th, 2016, 6:44 am

I would like to ask why this is. Some periods I 'm inactive but it felt like a good contribution to this forum to help with moderation. What decides if you stay a moderator and why aren't you informed about it when it's removed?
Maybe people here know why.
"Genuine tragedies in the world are not conflicts between right and wrong. They are conflicts between two rights." - Friedrich Hegel

User avatar
Scott
Site Admin
Posts: 4197
Joined: January 20th, 2007, 6:24 pm
Favorite Philosopher: Diogenes the Cynic
Contact:

Re: Why is my queue moderatorship removed?

Post by Scott » October 13th, 2016, 11:53 am

Hi, I believe I sent out a message checking in with all the moderators to see who was active. I removed the ones who were no longer active.
Online Philosophy Club - Please tell me how to improve this website!

Check it out: Abortion - Not as diametrically divisive as often thought?

User avatar
Roel
Queue Moderator
Posts: 365
Joined: April 11th, 2013, 10:02 am
Favorite Philosopher: Hegel

Re: Why is my queue moderatorship removed?

Post by Roel » October 13th, 2016, 1:46 pm

When did you send out this message? I never received it or was informed about it while I 'd like to continue my moderatorship.
"Genuine tragedies in the world are not conflicts between right and wrong. They are conflicts between two rights." - Friedrich Hegel

User avatar
Scott
Site Admin
Posts: 4197
Joined: January 20th, 2007, 6:24 pm
Favorite Philosopher: Diogenes the Cynic
Contact:

Re: Why is my queue moderatorship removed?

Post by Scott » October 13th, 2016, 3:46 pm

I sent it to all Global Moderators with the following timestamp: 21 Aug 2016 05:07 pm

Perhaps you were on as a Queue Mod not a Global and so it may not have been sent to you. In that case, you were removed due to inactivity shortly around the time a lot of new volunteers stepped up.
Online Philosophy Club - Please tell me how to improve this website!

Check it out: Abortion - Not as diametrically divisive as often thought?

User avatar
Roel
Queue Moderator
Posts: 365
Joined: April 11th, 2013, 10:02 am
Favorite Philosopher: Hegel

Re: Why is my queue moderatorship removed?

Post by Roel » October 13th, 2016, 4:06 pm

Scott wrote:I sent it to all Global Moderators with the following timestamp: 21 Aug 2016 05:07 pm

Perhaps you were on as a Queue Mod not a Global and so it may not have been sent to you. In that case, you were removed due to inactivity shortly around the time a lot of new volunteers stepped up.
Yes I was on as a queue mod and quite inactive at the time, but I planned to get more active again.
"Genuine tragedies in the world are not conflicts between right and wrong. They are conflicts between two rights." - Friedrich Hegel

User avatar
Empiricist-Bruno
Queue Moderator
Posts: 330
Joined: July 15th, 2014, 1:52 pm
Favorite Philosopher: Berkeley
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: Why is my queue moderatorship removed?

Post by Empiricist-Bruno » October 13th, 2016, 6:52 pm

I was impressed by Roel's contribution as a queue moderator. I would be pleased to see him be turned into a full moderator.
All you need is love- (But not the one from narcissists)

User avatar
Greta
Site Admin
Posts: 5560
Joined: December 16th, 2013, 9:05 pm

Re: Why is my queue moderatorship removed?

Post by Greta » October 17th, 2016, 7:18 pm

About 370 mod action were performed in the last month.

Bruno, of those, you approved 3 and Roel 0, which seems to not be unusual. The lion's share of work was done by just three mods. Why is that?

User avatar
Roel
Queue Moderator
Posts: 365
Joined: April 11th, 2013, 10:02 am
Favorite Philosopher: Hegel

Re: Why is my queue moderatorship removed?

Post by Roel » October 17th, 2016, 9:47 pm

Greta wrote:About 370 mod action were performed in the last month.

Bruno, of those, you approved 3 and Roel 0, which seems to not be unusual. The lion's share of work was done by just three mods. Why is that?
This is correct, I was inactive lately, but wanted to be active again.
"Genuine tragedies in the world are not conflicts between right and wrong. They are conflicts between two rights." - Friedrich Hegel

User avatar
Greta
Site Admin
Posts: 5560
Joined: December 16th, 2013, 9:05 pm

Re: Why is my queue moderatorship removed?

Post by Greta » October 18th, 2016, 8:17 am

Roel wrote:
Greta wrote:About 370 mod action were performed in the last month.

Bruno, of those, you approved 3 and Roel 0, which seems to not be unusual. The lion's share of work was done by just three mods. Why is that?
This is correct, I was inactive lately, but wanted to be active again.
Okay, fair enough. Should be do-able.

User avatar
Empiricist-Bruno
Queue Moderator
Posts: 330
Joined: July 15th, 2014, 1:52 pm
Favorite Philosopher: Berkeley
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: Why is my queue moderatorship removed?

Post by Empiricist-Bruno » October 18th, 2016, 4:31 pm

Greta, I will be glad to answer your unprovoked condescending question on our private admin forum, if you ask me your question there. Let's try to lead by example by keeping our comments on topic as much as we can, okay?

-- Updated October 18th, 2016, 4:36 pm to add the following --

Roel can no longer moderate topics. Greta, is it within your powers to change this?
All you need is love- (But not the one from narcissists)

User avatar
Greta
Site Admin
Posts: 5560
Joined: December 16th, 2013, 9:05 pm

Re: Why is my queue moderatorship removed?

Post by Greta » October 18th, 2016, 5:13 pm

Empiricist-Bruno wrote:Greta, I will be glad to answer your unprovoked condescending question on our private admin forum, if you ask me your question there. Let's try to lead by example by keeping our comments on topic as much as we can, okay?

-- Updated October 18th, 2016, 4:36 pm to add the following --

Roel can no longer moderate topics. Greta, is it within your powers to change this?
Last night I recommended to Scott that Roel would like to return so I expect Scott will know how to do it. There's probably a touch of Peter Principle in my role as Admin here :lol:

User avatar
Roel
Queue Moderator
Posts: 365
Joined: April 11th, 2013, 10:02 am
Favorite Philosopher: Hegel

Re: Why is my queue moderatorship removed?

Post by Roel » October 19th, 2016, 10:09 am

Greta wrote:
Empiricist-Bruno wrote:Greta, I will be glad to answer your unprovoked condescending question on our private admin forum, if you ask me your question there. Let's try to lead by example by keeping our comments on topic as much as we can, okay?

-- Updated October 18th, 2016, 4:36 pm to add the following --

Roel can no longer moderate topics. Greta, is it within your powers to change this?
Last night I recommended to Scott that Roel would like to return so I expect Scott will know how to do it. There's probably a touch of Peter Principle in my role as Admin here :lol:
Thanks Greta! I look forward to cooperating with you guys again to moderate this place. :)

-- Updated October 26th, 2016, 3:26 pm to add the following --

When will this be delt with? I want to help moderating but I didn't get any reply for about a week now.
"Genuine tragedies in the world are not conflicts between right and wrong. They are conflicts between two rights." - Friedrich Hegel

Post Reply