Updates

Official website announcements are posted in this forum.

If you have questions, suggestions, or need support or help with anything, please email [email protected].
athena
Premium Member

Post by athena »

wanabe wrote:lifegazer, not to gloat but I made the most relpied to thread. (even if there is a lot of "wanabe vs whitetrshsoldier")
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's not a big deal to reply to several people, or several ideas in the same post, don't worry about it, just try it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm not sure if splitting the post as Scott recommends is the best thing, but it is a solution when there are lots of ideas being discussed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
tildes (a string of them(~) is called a page break)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
help
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
a lot
~~~~~
I've come to realize.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you Scott for fixing the glitch.
Well, I have gone back to another forum. I rather be with the people here, but I just left a really good thread in total frustration. I do not think in two sentence replies. If someone is going to think like that, what is the point of thinking at all?

My greatest pleasure in life is reading something that stimulates my mind and chewing on it (the process of deciding how to word my reply). It is like chewing on gun. When we start chewing on the bubble gum, it gets bigger, than as we chew the sugar out of it, it gets smaller again. The gum without the sugar isn't very desirable. The one and two line responses above, are like some else's chewed gum.

The reading/writing/thinking process I enjoy has been ruined here. I can respond to one post, and then reading the next one, results in so much frustration, because I can not continue doing my reading/writing/thing. So when I experience this frustration, I will go some place else, where I don't experience the frustration. Believing no one cares is important to me and how I feel, becomes another reason for looking for a new home.
born to master the art of love
lifegazer

Post by lifegazer »

Totally agree athena. I don't think people here "gettit". It will take some seriously long responses to one of their posts, before they do. Then, they'll get just one post to respond to all of them! And that will impact upon the quality of their responses. And that impacts upon the quality of the site.
And why are we doing this, anyway? I've never frequented a forum that did this before, and this is the quietist forum that I've ever frequented. I just don't see the justification for it and am annoyed that many people here are too short-sighted to see the problems and frustrations that this new rule has created.
wanabe
Favorite Philosopher: Gandhi.

Post by wanabe »

athena,
Its harder to chew on small pieces of gum{because if you chew on "gun" you may blow off your head, or at least chip a lot of teeth}, you have to make sure you don't bite your tongue.

If you don't like chewed gum, you probably don't like water that's been swallowed either, but you must drink it.

Ah, the potency two sentences can have.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
lifegazer,
Do you "gettit", now?
Secret To Eternal Life: Live Life To The Fullest, Help All Others To Do So.Meaning of Life Is Choice. Increase choice through direct perception. Golden rule+universality principal+Promote benefits-harm+logical consistency=morality.BeTheChange.
lifegazer

Post by lifegazer »

wanabe wrote:lifegazer,
Do you "gettit", now?
Get what?
I think that the alteration is for a very trivial reason and that most here do not understand the problems it presents to serious posters such as myself, who sometimes have to respond to several lengthy posts. I do not want to do this all in one verryyyy-long post. Nor do I want to keep editing a post that many readers might have already read and won't, therefore, be reading again.
The consequence of this, is that I - and others - will spend less time posting details. Therefore, the quality of this site will be impaired by this ruling! And that's notwithstanding those that leave the forum, or frequent it less, as a consequence of this action.

It's no surprise that you won't find any other serious forum following this 'rule'.
athena
Premium Member

Post by athena »

lifegazer wrote:
wanabe wrote:lifegazer,

Do you "gettit", now?
Get what?
I think that the alteration is for a very trivial reason and that most here do not understand the problems it presents to serious posters such as myself, who sometimes have to respond to several lengthy posts. I do not want to do this all in one verryyyy-long post. Nor do I want to keep editing a post that many readers might have already read and won't, therefore, be reading again.
The consequence of this, is that I - and others - will spend less time posting details. Therefore, the quality of this site will be impaired by this ruling! And that's notwithstanding those that leave the forum, or frequent it less, as a consequence of this action.

It's no surprise that you won't find any other serious forum following this 'rule'.
Yes, lifegazer, I do have serious concerns about what the new ruling will do to the quality of the forum. Short, witty post are not the quality of thinking that interest me. If the forums attract those who like short, witty post, and drives away those willing to read long post and reply thoughtfully, then this will no longer be a place for me.

However, we have something really good here, and somehow we need to stay together. May be together means together in another forum, but I experience it as a serious loss when the people I enjoy conversing with disappear in the great ocean of the Internet. I had many bad forum experiences before finding this one, and I do not relish going through that again.

This doesn't mean I will not look for another forum, but that is a last resort, to dealing with the frustration of having to break away from a thread, because I have made my post and must wait for someone else to post, before I can continue reading and responding to what is said in a thread.
Alun

Post by Alun »

I don't understand how this no-double posting thing means your replies have to be shorter. On another forum, I have responded to 10 people in one post; some of my replies were short, befitting the posts I was responding to, but others were several paragraphs. Why is it more difficult to compose several long replies in one post?

Another example, in this recent post by Scott, he gives fairly long replies to 3 posters in one post.
"I have nothing new to teach the world" -Mohandas "Mahatma" Gandhi
lifegazer

Post by lifegazer »

Alun wrote:I don't understand how this no-double posting thing means your replies have to be shorter.
Well, it should be obvious that most of us don't always have sufficient chunks of time available to respond to several posts at once, especially if those posts are of good length. This means that if we try to do it, it will be rushed and lacking in the quality and detail that might have been there had we not been so pushed.

Scott says that you can just keep going back and editing it, like making new posts. But there's problems with this:

1) The edit doesn't count as a new post and doesn't readily bring itself to the attention of returning readers. That means that unless readers check each time they return to see whether the posts they've already read are edited (and how much wasted time and frustration would that entail, particular if a member is following many threads?), then the edit will be overlooked.

2) There's nothing more off-putting that an especially-long post of several thousand words. Often, people will completely by-pass such posts, not wishing to invest their valuable time in them. Consequently, edited posts that are of especially-long status will be overlooked, again, by such people.

3) People might be avoided anyway for producing such lengthy posts on a regular basis.

In brief, the quality and incentive of the writer is compromised, whilst the reader overlooks much work, or loses interest. And for what reason do we compromise the quality of the forum and risk losing members? To save space! :roll:
wanabe
Favorite Philosopher: Gandhi.

Post by wanabe »

point "1)" by lifegazer is legitimate, but can be easily fixed with some code edits by Scott. There is a feature to be notified of replies, this should be extended to edits as well.

If one finds reading long works tasking, perhaps philosophy Isn't for them.

The incentive of the writer is not compromised because the casual reader overlooks his work, its not for the casual reader.
Secret To Eternal Life: Live Life To The Fullest, Help All Others To Do So.Meaning of Life Is Choice. Increase choice through direct perception. Golden rule+universality principal+Promote benefits-harm+logical consistency=morality.BeTheChange.
Alun

Post by Alun »

lifegazer, as in the examples I showed, you can very clearly distinguish who you're responding to in each segment of the post--e.g. by putting the poster's SN in bold. So if someone doesn't feel like it, they can just read the part referring to them. In the example where I was referring to 10 people, I am fairly certain it'd have been more annoying to read 10 different, short posts, than to simply find the relevant part of the long post.

And if you don't have time to respond to everyone, then you can just leave a note at the end (which I did in the example of my post) so you can post again later without surprising anyone or even edit if you think the relevant people haven't seen your post yet.
lifegazer

Post by lifegazer »

wanabe wrote:point "1)" by lifegazer is legitimate, but can be easily fixed with some code edits by Scott.
It can? Well, if edits could be made to readily make themselves known to potential readers, I would be far happier with the situation.
There is a feature to be notified of replies, this should be extended to edits as well.
An e-mail feature isn't good enough, if that's what you're talking about. Most people probably don't bother with that feature, since - if they're anything like me - they receive far too much trivial e-mail anyway.
But if an edit were to 'behave' as if it were a new post, the major objection would certainly be eradicated.
If one finds reading long works tasking, perhaps philosophy Isn't for them.
That's not fair. Most people are quite capable of reading lengthy text. You are clearly conflating length with complexity.
The reason that most people don't read ultra-lonngggg posts, is because they value their time and don't usually have enough of it to read one verrryy-long post when they could be reading about 10 others. Especially so when the author is unknown to them, or just an 'ordinary person' (as opposed to someone in the public eye).

Over the years, I've noticed that the longer my opening post, the least interest in my thread. And the same applies to any proceeding posts - they too receive less interest than all of the others.
I must confess, whenever I see an ultra-long post, I instinctively shirk away from reading it, regardless of the author.
This also applies whenever somebody sends me an ultra-long link. Unless it's a 3 minute read, I'm usually not interested.
I'm willing to bet quite alot upon the fact that most people are like me, in this respect.
The incentive of the writer is not compromised because the casual reader overlooks his work, its not for the casual reader.
This would be the case if I were writing a book, or writing to be published in some philosophical journal. But here, I'm not.

BLOODY EDIT (this would be a new post, ordinarily):
Let me just tell you about one more problem with this new rule. I've just tried to respond to a post to Alun. The system allowed me to proceed with this response, right up until I pressed 'submit'. Then, the ******* thing informed me that the system doesn't allow consecutive posts in one thread! Really? Then why *** **** did the system allow me to proceed as though it did, and let me waste 10 minutes of my life?
Of course, I tried to 'return' to the previous page to retrieve what the system wouldn't allow me to submit, but the information was lost.

Now, this isn't just an excuse to rant and swear behind * icons. It unveils a really serious problem:

ALL newcomers here are going to be unaware of this new rule. And guess how many of them will be bothered to stick around, long enough to find out why they can NEVER post consecutive posts within a thread? Indeed, how many present members do you actually think are reading this discussion and will be aware of the new updates? Very few.

I'm not being rhetorical when I say that this 'new update' has the potential to destroy this forum. That's how strongly I feel.

And I'm sorry Alun, but now, I simply cannot be bothered to respond to you again. And guess how many times 'THAT' will happen within the future of this forum?
In other words, this rule is actually preventing posts from being posted, albeit from ignorant or forgetful posters. And is the source of much frustration and anger. So, how can anyone actually defend this new update? Really so?!!

Hell, I've just realised that my edited post is now getting quite long, so fewer people are going to read it. ****. I'd better shut up. Sorry.
Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
The admin formerly known as Scott
Favorite Philosopher: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes »

Are there really browsers that when you submit a form (e.g. a post you wrote in a text-box) and then hit the back button the text is no longer in the text-box? I've been using Firefox for a long time now, and I know IE lacks a lot important features, but damn! Firefox even saves it, so that if my computer crashes or the browser freezes, when I restart the page is loaded with post still there. So that's mostly an issue with the user's browser. Regardless, I expect everyone to preview their posts and proof read their before posting them, so when one presses the back button on the rare accidental double post one can just copy the text from the preview box if they have a really terrible browser that erases the text they had entered in the form box.

As for these claims that not allowing double posts will make posts longer or shorter is odd. I don't see how it will make posts shorter. As for being longer, as I said before, it is far more confusing to read a long post split into 5 consecutive posts that are each 1/5th as long because the difference is that the poster's avatar, signature, post count, etc. will be displayed 5 times. That makes the post(s) harder to read and more confusing, IMO.

I theoretically could spend a load of time figuring out how to change the code so that edits update the time-stamp on the post and recall the script that sends an email to users who have subscribed to the thread, but I do not see the worth in that. As for subscriptions, users who have subscribed to a thread only receive one email once a reply is posted in a subscribed until they visit the site again. In other words, if I subscribe to a thread right now, then log out, and then 2 other people each post a reply (or one person posts 2 replies), I would only receive an email for the first. As for the post time-stamp, granted, posts are ordered in the forum based on the recency of the last reply. But most edits are made fairly quickly after the post is made, meaning the difference in time would be negligible. This would only come up in the rare instance that a lot of time has gone by since the poster made the post, but no other replies have been posted by anyone else, and for some unusual reason the poster of the last post now after all this time wants to add something to this last post but wants the time-stamp to be updated so the thread appears to be recent. In that very rare case, I think the user could just take a minute to copy and paste his old post, delete it and then re-post the updated version.

And if any members say they would really stop coming here because they can't redisplay their avatar, signature, etc. multiple times in one long post to separate it into sections (as opposed to just using an extra line break or some asterisks or something), then I disbelieve that the person wants to be here anyway. It seems they are just looking for an excuse, however minor.

Take a look at the example of my post pointed out by Alun. How it would have been preferable for one to post that as three consecutive posts, thus displaying one's avatar, post count, signature, etc. multiple times? Frankly, it would confuse and frustrate me if I was reading the thread and someone else split it into 3 consecutive posts because both times I think posts ends and think the next post is a new post by a new user I would realize it's just an add-on from the last post. I'd see another post with another avatar and user-name only to realize it's a repeat.

Double posting is like if a host at a multiple-act show introduced an act, then the act performed, then the act left the stage, then the host immediately re-introduced the same act, and then the act came back out and continued their performance that we thought was over.

Furthermore, if I have a thread I am interested in and I see that 4 new posts have been made, I am very interested to see the different replies. If I find out what is being claimed to be 4 new posts is really one long post, I am frustrated. And also be frustrated if I found out a thread making the week's most popular threads list was really just a thread in which one or two users separated their posts into many consecutive posts, thus unintentionally inflating the reply count.

I'm not trying to be rude or inconsiderate. I just do not see how this small automation that I thought was helpful and uncontroversial has garnered so many complaints.
My entire political philosophy summed up in one tweet.

"The mind is a wonderful servant but a terrible master."

I believe spiritual freedom (a.k.a. self-discipline) manifests as bravery, confidence, grace, honesty, love, and inner peace.
Alun

Post by Alun »

lifegazer wrote:And I'm sorry Alun, but now, I simply cannot be bothered to respond to you again. And guess how many times 'THAT' will happen within the future of this forum?
That's ok; I really had no idea that some browsers would lose the data--if that happens to me, I can press the "back" button, and the post box will be filled as it was when I submitted it. I'd suggest that you get in the habit of "previewing" your posts beforehand, as Scott says, so regardless of whether you get rejected, you will still be able to see what you were trying to write.

What you're saying about long posts is true, but I don't see how you're really making any longer or shorter a post by breaking it up into consecutive posts. As to new users, I think Scott can simply post it in the forum rules and as a warning that double posts will be rejected.

Scott, how much work would it be to have the denial message on the submit post screen, rather than after? I.e., so the written text is preserved even if it isn't allowed to be submitted?
Juice

Post by Juice »

Scott-This is a great site and there isn't anything that is sooo bad that patience and perseverance can't solve. I even removed my "Down with the Ignor(ance) Button" signature. Just proves my ignorance. Anyway the Hayes Grey background has me feeling right at home. Keep it up! No Worries Mon!
When everyone looks to better their own future then the future will be better for everyone.

An explanation of cause is not a justification by reason.
C. S. Lewis

Fight the illusion!
lifegazer

Post by lifegazer »

Scott wrote:Are there really browsers that when you submit a form (e.g. a post you wrote in a text-box) and then hit the back button the text is no longer in the text-box?
Yes, I've often had this problem. I didn't realise that it was a fault specific to IE though. Maybe I should think about changing, but that's a different issue.
Firefox even saves it, so that if my computer crashes or the browser freezes, when I restart the page is loaded with post still there.
Wow. I wish I had known this several years ago. Thousands upon thousands of my words have been flushed through the plughole of cyberspace, lost forever.
So that's mostly an issue with the user's browser.
Maybe, but unless you warn EVERYONE that this new rule has the potential to rob you of posts unless you get firefox; and unless you warn EVERYONE that they aren't allowed to post consecutively - even though the system allows you to do so until the point of 'submit post' - then YOU are responsible for their lost posts and their frustration and anger.
You can't just brush this off as a browser issue!
Regardless, I expect everyone to preview their posts and proof read their before posting them, so when one presses the back button on the rare accidental double post one can just copy the text from the preview box if they have a really terrible browser that erases the text they had entered in the form box.
In other words, everyone must remember - at all times - to be prepared and make allowances for the new update, or suffer the consequences of lost posts.
But, once again, you are pushing responsibility for this onto the member, and away from yourself.
That's akin to digging a hole in the middle of a path and then blaming those that fall in for not looking where there are walking!
As for these claims that not allowing double posts will make posts longer or shorter is odd. I don't see how it will make posts shorter.
Well, people often only have a set amount of time - say, a half-hour - to respond to posts. If they know that they've got to respond to say three people at once, in this half-hour, then their response will be swift and the quality will suffer.
If it wasn't for the new ruling, they'd be able to respond to one and pop in later to respond to the others. But the new ruling forbids that, so they squeeze their response.
Maybe they could wait for somebody else to post before they finish their responses. But perhaps they'll be waiting for a few days, as often happens here. That's no good.
Then the option of editing allows them to add to their post whenever they like. But, there are serious problems with this, not least of which is that edits don't show themselves as unread material.
As for being longer, as I said before, it is far more confusing to read a long post split into 5 consecutive posts that are each 1/5th as long because the difference is that the poster's avatar, signature, post count, etc. will be displayed 5 times. That makes the post(s) harder to read and more confusing, IMO.
Not many people read very long posts. It's a fact of life that people want a quick fix.
I theoretically could spend a load of time figuring out how to change the code so that edits update the time-stamp on the post and recall the script that sends an email to users who have subscribed to the thread, but I do not see the worth in that.
Fine. Just undo the update. :cry:
And if any members say they would really stop coming here because they can't redisplay their avatar, signature, etc. multiple times in one long post to separate it into sections (as opposed to just using an extra line break or some asterisks or something), then I disbelieve that the person wants to be here anyway. It seems they are just looking for an excuse, however minor.
It's got nothing to do with displaying avatars. Nothing at all.
athena
Premium Member

Post by athena »

Alun wrote: Why is it more difficult to compose several long replies in one post?
I want to answer your question. People are more apt to read a small post than a long one. If I didn't want people to read and respond to my thoughts, I wouldn't be here. But it is not just about wanting others to read and respond to my thoughts, it is also about doing the thinking. When I write, it is not exactly to please and attract readers, but to engage in the process of thinking itself. Often, I am not aware of what I think, until trying to put my thoughts in words that I hope others will relate to, and say "you are right, and...." or "you are wrong, because....".

Now sometimes a thread will contain several thought stimulating post and I will want to do the thinking process with each one, because each stimulates a slightly different way of thinking about something. However, because my response to the first post was already too long to attract many readers, I know there is less chance of anyone reading my post, if I add to it. So I stop reading what people are saying, as soon as I find a post I want to respond to. Do you understand, the new rule greatly decreases the chances I will read what you said, if several people are posting to the thread?

This is particularly a problem if it is a really good thread, and several people have made stimulating post. It is like being a diabetic in a bakery. I want to read and respond to everyone, and know this will make my post too long. The solution is, don't go back to the thread, ever. Don't do the heavy thinking, but just the trivial thinking. Just as if I were diabetic, I would not enter a bakery. Instead of really getting involved with an interesting subject, I am now choosing threads with only a couple of post, and doing a hit and run thing. I just am not doing the reading and getting as involved as I was before the rule.

Finally, there is this matter of how long I can hold a thought, when I keep reading. May be the first person said something I really want to respond to, but I keep reading post in case I want to respond to what someone else more. This results in not remembering what I wanted to say to the first person. The frustration of knowing I wanted to say something to someone, and not being able to remember what that was, means reading one post at a time, and replying to one. It means, I far less likely to read what you wrote. In fact, unless you are one of favorite writers, I will probably ignore all post and read only my favorite writers. What did I say in the second paragraph? Please, respond to that paragraph, without going back to check what I said, because this is a test of your memory. Is your memory that much better than mine?

Do you remember the first thing you wanted to say? How about the second thing you wanted to say? Sometimes I break someone's post into two or three replies, because I can not remember everything a person said, and need to break down what a person said, into little chunks. I think this is partly why people like short post. One thought bleeds into another and nothing is remembered. If nothing is remembers, than there is nothing say to say in response, and then there is really point in coming to the forums.

lifegazer obviously we agree, and I want to add what said.
Say a thread has several good post and we want to respond to more than one, but a day or so latter, no one has replied, so we still can't quote and reply to a previous post.

As you said, an edited post doesn't count as a new post, and now the thread is moving down the list of threads and is less likely to get noticed. We want to bring the thread up to the top of the list where it is more apt to attention, but we can't. Waiting for someone else to reply, can mean the thread we like, will disappear into a forgotten past in the back pages no one checks.

Alun, what is your meaning?
What you're saying about long posts is true, but I don't see how you're really making any longer or shorter a post by breaking it up into consecutive posts. As to new users, I think Scott can simply post it in the forum rules and as a warning that double posts will be rejected.
Someone would have to know the history of this thread to understand why you said "As to new users, I think Scott can simply post it in the forum rules and as a warning that double posts will be rejected". Because the sentence can not stand alone, and does not go well with your previous sentence. "What you're saying about long posts is true, but I don't see how you're really making any longer or shorter a post by breaking it up into consecutive posts". And that sentence doesn't make sense. If you said "What you're saying about long posts is true, but I don't see how you're really making post longer or shorter by breaking it up into consecutive posts." then sentence makes sense, but the thought doesn't.

I don't think I have posted such a long post, so perhaps now you can "see" the difference between responding to one post at a time, or responding to everyone in one post.

Scott and lifegazer
Firefox even saves it, so that if my computer crashes or the browser freezes, when I restart the page is loaded with post still there.
---------------------------------
Wow. I wish I had known this several years ago. Thousands upon thousands of my words have been flushed through the plughole of cyberspace, lost forever.
I have foxfire and plenty of times I loose everything. It is really the pits when I loose want I was writing, because I have quoted something from google, and went back to get the address, and return to find my writing and the quote gone. Often I select and copy my page, to protect it, but then I can't copy a quote or address, without loosing the page I was saving. :lol: May be lifegazer and I just have bad karma?

Scott
Regardless, I expect everyone to preview their posts and proof read their before posting them...
Is this what you meant to say?
Wow, that is scary. You really think we are asking for the ability to post to different posters separately, for petty ego reasons? What would make you think such a thing? What we see in others is a reflection of ourselves. I want to throw up at the thought that all this is about ego, and not the pleasure of thinking and what sharing our thoughts with others has to do developing our own thinking. If my motive were nothing but ego..., well, there are easier ways to get attention than put in the effort of thinking things through. I thought you were a bigger person, and I am disappointed that you would think this is just an ego thing.

Now even I am bored with my reply, but I am wondering what would happen if I make it long enough to be too long for the page. Is that possible?

Return to “Forum Announcements”

2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters

Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
by Howard Wolk
July 2024

Quest: Finding Freddie: Reflections from the Other Side

Quest: Finding Freddie: Reflections from the Other Side
by Thomas Richard Spradlin
June 2024

Neither Safe Nor Effective

Neither Safe Nor Effective
by Dr. Colleen Huber
May 2024

Now or Never

Now or Never
by Mary Wasche
April 2024

Meditations

Meditations
by Marcus Aurelius
March 2024

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

The In-Between: Life in the Micro

The In-Between: Life in the Micro
by Christian Espinosa
January 2024

2023 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream