Philosophy of psychology?

Here is the place for your suggestions, comments, or questions regarding the Philosophy Forums.
Nothingman

Philosophy of psychology?

Post by Nothingman » December 20th, 2009, 10:39 am

I think we can use this since we keep learning new things about "our" minds. What say you?
The only thing I know is that I know one thing which is that.

lifegazer

Re: Philosophy of psychology?

Post by lifegazer » December 20th, 2009, 11:43 am

Nothingman wrote:I think we can use this since we keep learning new things about "our" minds. What say you?
Hello.
There are two aspects to psychology. One is scientific... and we have a philosophy of science forum already. The other is to do with the philosophy of the mind, which I think probably fits into one of the main forums. So I just think that it's excess baggage, to be honest. But hey, Scott's the big cheese around here, so wait to hear from him.

Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Philosopher: Diogenes the Cynic

Post by Scott » December 21st, 2009, 3:24 pm

There are many types of science besides psychology. I don't think we can make a philosophy forum for all of them. This is the purpose of the "philosophy of science" forum.

I also think it's important to remember that there is a big difference between science and the philosophy of science. There is a big difference between psychology and the philosophy of psychology. The philosophy of psychology would be a forum for asking philosophical questions about the process of scientifically studying the psyche.

Philosophy of mind is included with the epistemology and metaphysics section and would refer to those philosophical questions about the mind, which is different than psychology and philosophy of psychology.
Online Philosophy Club - Please tell me how to improve this website!

Check it out: Abortion - Not as diametrically divisive as often thought?

Nothingman

Post by Nothingman » December 21st, 2009, 8:41 pm

Ok
The only thing I know is that I know one thing which is that.