Try out my newest game, "Agree or Disagree?"

Official website announcements are posted in this forum.

If you have questions, suggestions, or need support or help with anything, please email [email protected].
Kingkool
Favorite Philosopher: Alexander the Great

Re: Try out my newest game, "Agree or Disagree?"

Post by Kingkool »

In my opinion, that makes it a bit akward. When it goes into the alpha phase, you may want to consider changing that.
“In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”- Douglas Adams A Hitchhiker's Guide To the Galaxy
ThomasPaul
New Trial Member

Post by ThomasPaul »

Your game is good but if you answers with all question like objective type that would be really an amazing fun.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Looks like this has been forgotten.

Feedback (what would I like):

Maybe you are waiting for more succes to improve the game. Put a button near "forum rules" named "agree game" or something like that. It took me some days to find it in the page, I think this game would be more played (by far) if you do that, and that's simple to do.

It would be great if you allow people to post there, not seeing what other people have posted before till you click ("agree" or "disagree") or put your own answer. Of course that would mean a lot of similar answers, but that doesn't matter, people would have an answer to every question in their profile, allowing a simple algorithm to look for "similar souls" seeing how many questions they answer the same way. If the game grows enough, people answers could be shown randomly if people choose that, or they can look for "answers from similar souls, answers from different souls", with no need to punctuate answers (you can make your own short statement after looking a question... and it would be great to, if every statement had a "if you thought this statement looking others, say what statement or statements"). That would be a pretty tree XD.

It isn't really difficult to code I think.

--------------------
I've thought in make something like that myself a couple of times, but... I don't know, maybe if I find a similar soul XD
Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
The admin formerly known as Scott
Favorite Philosopher: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes »

TSBU wrote:Looks like this has been forgotten.

Feedback (what would I like):

Maybe you are waiting for more succes to improve the game. Put a button near "forum rules" named "agree game" or something like that. It took me some days to find it in the page, I think this game would be more played (by far) if you do that, and that's simple to do.
@TSBU Great idea!
TSBU wrote:It would be great if you allow people to post there, not seeing what other people have posted before till you click ("agree" or "disagree") or put your own answer. Of course that would mean a lot of similar answers, but that doesn't matter, people would have an answer to every question in their profile, allowing a simple algorithm to look for "similar souls" seeing how many questions they answer the same way. If the game grows enough, people answers could be shown randomly if people choose that, or they can look for "answers from similar souls, answers from different souls", with no need to punctuate answers (you can make your own short statement after looking a question... and it would be great to, if every statement had a "if you thought this statement looking others, say what statement or statements"). That would be a pretty tree XD.

I'm not sure what you mean. The game doesn't have questions and answers, per se. It is statements not questions, and responses are limited to either agree or disagree.
My entire political philosophy summed up in one tweet.

"The mind is a wonderful servant but a terrible master."

I believe spiritual freedom (a.k.a. self-discipline) manifests as bravery, confidence, grace, honesty, love, and inner peace.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Scott wrote:
TSBU wrote:It would be great if you allow people to post there, not seeing what other people have posted before till you click ("agree" or "disagree") or put your own answer. Of course that would mean a lot of similar answers, but that doesn't matter, people would have an answer to every question in their profile, allowing a simple algorithm to look for "similar souls" seeing how many questions they answer the same way. If the game grows enough, people answers could be shown randomly if people choose that, or they can look for "answers from similar souls, answers from different souls", with no need to punctuate answers (you can make your own short statement after looking a question... and it would be great to, if every statement had a "if you thought this statement looking others, say what statement or statements"). That would be a pretty tree XD.

I'm not sure what you mean. The game doesn't have questions and answers, per se. It is statements not questions, and responses are limited to either agree or disagree.
Probably my bad English.

1-Yes, the game doesn't have questions and aswers, but people can think before clicking "agree" and they can want to say why do they agree, or why other people has clicked the other option.

2-In a forum, it's not very easy to find "similar souls", and there is a lot of content in every forum, nobody can read all. In facebook there is the "like" button, and people can find easily some things that they would like, because an algorithm looks for people who has clicked in "like" button in things that you like, and facebook shows you that things. It's not difficult to put an algorithm in "agree-disagree" questions, and then, show people posts from their "similar souls" if they want so.

3-It's easy to think in a statement for the game after seeing other statements in the game, if you put the option to say so, then you can show statements in a tree or a spider net... and that can be combined with the point 2 (and that can be done for posts in the forum too, but I don't know, this is done, and it works, if it works, don't touch it XD). Of course this is just a "start" idea, it should be most thinked. I'm just saying what would I like XD. Making it easy, it isn't really difficult to code I think.
Josefina1110

Post by Josefina1110 »

How about this?: Justice delayed is justice denied.
Josefina1110

Post by Josefina1110 »

I would like to read Douglas Adams' A Hitchhikers's Guide to the Galaxy. It seems intriguing that he quoted "this has a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." I wonder what he is talking about.
Josefina1110

Post by Josefina1110 »

Could we agree to disagree?

-- Updated September 13th, 2016, 4:57 pm to add the following --

I think the game calls for a topic that we can either agree or disagree about. If we simply agree to disagree the consensus will hang in a balance without reaching a resolution. We need to give our opinion about a certain issue either to agree or disagree as to why we agree or disagree. There must be a particular topic on the table that we can choose to agree or disagree. This is just my opinion. Since this is just a game, we don't need to wrestle with difficult issues.

-- Updated September 14th, 2016, 2:30 pm to add the following --

This is clever. I think we are already playing "Agree or Disagree." Good discussion.

-- Updated September 14th, 2016, 3:16 pm to add the following --

I am one who is firm in my belief in the higher power. There would be many who would disagree with me. But there is no point discussing with someone who disagrees with me because everyone is entitled to his own opinion which is the essence of free speech. But it is good that we can express ourselves freely. Also, there is no point in long discussions when it comes to established facts.
KellyC
New Trial Member

Post by KellyC »

I think this is a great way to find common ground among people. Also, there could be subvotes, which are some arguments for the parent vote.

For example: Raising taxes is beneficial. Agree/Disagree

Sub vote: Raising taxes stifles innovation. Agree/Disagree

Sub vote: Raising taxes hurts the poor. Agree/Disagree
TheDreamWeaver
New Trial Member

Post by TheDreamWeaver »

Scott, I'm happy to have found like-minded people who share my passion! It's incredible that you tried to build such a system, the problem with your approach is that you are relying upon democracy (or opinion tallies) to determine if an answer is wrong/right.

I designed software which does something very similar to what you are trying to accomplish. It is driven by AGREE/DISAGREE except that it has also been integrated with the ability to contradict/remove. The system becomes increasingly intelligent over time because contradictions are recycled from a global pool across all subjects. I released the prototype 9 days ago after six years of R&D. I wanted to make sure that it was absolutely impermeable to the types of criticisms that you have begun to receive on this thread.

I'm not doing this for money in any way, I built it because I believe it has the power to change the world. I've been completely alone on this journey and need to find others who are willing to collaborate. Maybe I can adapt it to run on your website after you've vetted the underlying philosophy? It's currently called the "Human Intelligence Protocol Interface" but I'm open to calling it whatever makes most sense. I don't care if people steal the ideas because it's all open source, which I released into the public domain (hosted on GitHub HIPI-Project/HIPI).

I can't get anyone to try it, or at lease give me feedback. It became clear that the only ones who might be willing to discuss such matters are philosophers which is how I found you. How does it work? Check out my post on this forum General -> Why truth-by-default is a game changer for humanity. Nobody has replied to it yet :(

Return to “Forum Announcements”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream