Thought Police

Official website announcements are posted in this forum.

If you have questions, suggestions, or need support or help with anything, please email [email protected].
Satyr
Favorite Philosopher: The Next One

Thought Police

Post by Satyr »

They are on to me again.

There they are,, come to save the poor, the helpless, the weak and the meek, from retribution. Ya see, people, you can be condescending, patronizing, a bitch, but if you are weak and meek you are protected....because you are harmless.

-- Updated Sat May 18, 2013 5:11 pm to add the following --

Evidence of my infractions:
Please see the forum rules before posting again. I deleted the following post of yours:

How kind of you....now go off and fornicate with yourself...or post something mermerizingly, mansa-gropu, original.

You know, like you've been doing all this time. I must admit, everything you've posted has been new to me.
I also deleted the following post as off-topic:

Thanks for telling me how I "seem" to you.

I'm sure you already know many things, and most of what I have to offer, but permit me, if you will be so kind, to post my views nevertheless. Just in case there is someone not as aware as you and your friends.
Well, I guess my days here are numbered.

As original free-thinkers, I'm sure you will find it far more inspiring and interesting to go over the same topics, over and over and over and over...again, and again...in exactly the same way. Never slightly veering off, the edge of formality, because there someone may get hurt, his feelings bruised and there is no help manual to draw material from.

The measure of modernity is numbers...quantity over quality. The more the merrier...all must be included and their participation protected, because we must advance as a human race, leaving no child behind. As a consequence, the lowest, the weakest, must be taken into account, his feelings preserved intact, his respectability guaranteed....for we must include him as he is evidence of our civility.

This means that we must lower ourselves to his level, so as to raise him up, out of his genetic mire. All degenerates to mediocrity.

All hail democracy and man's reason. all hail the coming dark age, of Modernity. Nothing that divides, discriminates, excludes will be tolerated.

the only measuring stick necessary is a manmade one; a human abstraction: money...no perhaps for us New Agers it is spirit...the shared humanity. But most of us prefer numbers...dollars and 'sense'.

Ya, know, how well we serve and produce, and behave and remain useful.

Well, I guess that's all from me. It was nice.

-- Updated Sat May 18, 2013 6:45 pm to add the following --

I just wanted to show the level of my infractions, detective.

I want to thank you for your comments, which were not bitching and whining, at all. I'm sure my own sarcastic response had nothing to do with your well-placed reprimands. Trust me, you are NOT a bitch.

I take full responsibility.

I am only sorry I wasted your time with my drivel, since the quality of this forum far exceeds my own abilities. I should have looked through it to see how unique the opinions were, before I dared to post. I look forward to reading through your fine forum, gaining knowledge I never, ever had before. I, unfortunately, have only that which is well known to offer...and I have yet to master the art of delivering it in the fantastically bland manner required to not hurt anybody's feelings.

I should have received your condescending, sarcasm with grace, given that you are the leader of the pack, and the one determining what is worthy of consideration for your membership.

Trust me, I will not be wasting your time any further.

I depart, as quietly as I can...not wanting to disturb the exchange of such creative contemplations.

Ta, Ta,
Krontheos

Re: Thought Police

Post by Krontheos »

Your presence obviously intimidates others here.
Being is an object

EMTe
Favorite Philosopher: Jessica Fletcher

Post by EMTe »

I hope you'll stay Satyr, under this or another nick, because your posts in feminism topic proved to me that there are actual thinkers here.
The penultimate goal of the human is to howl like the wolf.
Ami
Favorite Philosopher: Autie Miller

Post by Ami »

Speaking for myself personally, a work that really inspired my attitude toward writing was Longinus's On Sublimity in which writers are advised to avoid "puffy tumors" and instead to concentrate on the content of the writing. Style is nothing, content is everything. This is why a young girl with no technical expertise could write something so important and memorable as Anne Frank did with her diaries, meanwhile, stylistic virtuosos are many but irrelevant cyphers. According to Longinus, great writing contains important content, style is only something extra, on top of.

Speaking of my own experience personally on "Philosophy Club" forum, I've found the protection of free-thinking to be among the highest of online philosophy discussion groups. For example, if you search my posts, you will find some controversial and radical content: which was deleted from "ilovephilosophy", "philosophy forums", and even "know thyself", all of which also banned my too. The only board I knew of that was a greater hero of free-expression than "Philosophy Club" was "Dissident Philosophy", however that board has now been taken down by the host.

My own personal conclusion is, where there is genuinely important content to communicate, there should never be a need to dress it up with exorbitant or showy style; instead, communicating in a 'professional' way that respects the needs of the interlocutors, administrator, and readers should never be a problem.
Fun enjoyable days.
Daviddunn

Post by Daviddunn »

Standards of charity and good conduct towards ourselves and others are necessary and most beneficial to ourselves. If you erred and your mistake is revealed to you, be grateful and be repentent and commit yourself to act more wisely in the future, instead of making a fool out of yourself through your cheap melodrama. Scott has been fair to you, stop your nonsense and enjoy the forum.
Many a times, people use the free thinker banner, to account and justify their meanness, in such a way they think they are better than the rest. Don't be fooled by this. Free thinking and mediocrity are worlds apart.
EMTe
Favorite Philosopher: Jessica Fletcher

Post by EMTe »

Ami wrote:a young girl with no technical expertise could write something so important and memorable as Anne Frank did with her diaries, meanwhile, stylistic virtuosos are many but irrelevant cyphers.
Kids are cruel and cruelty usually means truth.

However, as much as I support theoretical digging to the bottom of all this, when I enter The Great Outside I prefer to rely on adult lies and hypocrisy. Without them life wouldn't be all that pleasurable.
The penultimate goal of the human is to howl like the wolf.

Return to “Forum Announcements”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream