Ads hiding text

Here is the place for your suggestions, comments, or questions regarding the Philosophy Forums.
Rilx

Ads hiding text

Post by Rilx » August 22nd, 2013, 5:30 am

I've recently moved to Ubuntu and Firefox 23. Now some ads are occasionally located over forum text areas. Small nuisance, it happens all the time in subforum title/list pages but I haven't seen it happen in thread pages.

Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Philosopher: Diogenes the Cynic

Re: Ads hiding text

Post by Scott » August 22nd, 2013, 12:15 pm

What do you mean subforum title/list pages? What's the URL of the page on which you are seeing this error? I will have to take a look at in FireFox.
Online Philosophy Club - Please tell me how to improve this website!

Check it out: Abortion - Not as diametrically divisive as often thought?

Rilx

Post by Rilx » August 23rd, 2013, 6:37 am

I mean the Board index page and its subpages. For instance, in the General Philosophy page the ad hides most of (1) the title, (2) the column bar and (3) the first list item. Of "General Philosophy" I see "General Phi" and other lines respectively depending on the size of the ad.

Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Philosopher: Diogenes the Cynic

Post by Scott » September 10th, 2013, 6:39 pm

I tested this across browsers. I was able to recreate the problem, but not by using any particular browser but rather by using zoom. I'd be curious to know if your default zoom level is something other than 100%. In any case, thank you very much for bringing this to my attention. It should be fixed now.
Online Philosophy Club - Please tell me how to improve this website!

Check it out: Abortion - Not as diametrically divisive as often thought?