Animated GIF Avatar

Here is the place for your suggestions, comments, or questions regarding the Philosophy Forums.
Spiral Out
Site Admin

Animated GIF Avatar

Post by Spiral Out » September 13th, 2013, 6:22 am

How do I set my avatar as an animated GIF file?

I tried to submit an animated GIF as my avatar but it only cycled through the series of stills once and then just stopped. Is there something I need to do to the file to get it to cycle continuously?

The file is well within the file size limitation and has a series of 15 still pictures. Can someone help me with this?
Dedicated to the fine art of thinking.

Okisites
Favorite Philosopher: Nature

Re: Animated GIF Avatar

Post by Okisites » September 14th, 2013, 10:45 am

Hi Sir,

Here is my new animated GIF Avatar. I didn't found any difficulty in uploading it. But I made it sure that the file size should be less than 150x150 pixels and not above 88 kb in size. Otherwise I have too many good GIF images to upload.
Get the facts, or the facts will get you. And when you get them, get them right, or they will get you wrong.” ― Thomas Fuller

Spiral Out
Site Admin

Post by Spiral Out » September 14th, 2013, 5:26 pm

Thanks Okisites. I had uploaded the GIF file after I made sure that it conformed to the limitations set by the site. It only cycled through the image stream once and then just stopped. Perhaps the GIF file is corrupted. Thanks for your input.
Dedicated to the fine art of thinking.

Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Philosopher: Diogenes the Cynic

Post by Scott » September 27th, 2013, 1:33 pm

Does the file cycle properly on your own computer? You can try uploading the file as an attachment to this topic and I can try to take a look at it for you.
Online Philosophy Club - Please tell me how to improve this website!

Check it out: Abortion - Not as diametrically divisive as often thought?