Being polite and saying hello

Please post all introductions in this forum. Tell us how you found the philosophy forums, what interests you about philosophy, and a little about you, such as your age, where you live, what you do for a living, etc.

Post Number:#1  Postby Maffei » September 8th, 2017, 8:01 am

Hello thinkers

These cerimonial do not make my type, but there it goes.

I thought that a serious, active and exclusively philosophical forum did not exist, since I had already searched on Google and Yahoo and found no more than inactive or spiritualists foruns. I had to quench this philosophical thirst at a Chicago forum from Yahoo that also does face-to-face meetings. Unfortunately I can not participate in them because I am a little distant (5221 miles). Part of the problem was solved because I set up a presencial philo café here in São Paulo (Brazil). It is very very exciting. In addition I was participating in a discussion group on Facebook, but there is a lot of mess and insult, so a woman told me of the Online Philosophy Club and I was amazed.

That's it

I also wanted to know if my post on the topic is still under analysis, since it has been 12 hours since I posted it. I read the rules and I believe I did not break any of them.

I am not yet fluent in English, but I only accept criticism about it if someone shows me that writes in Portuguese better than I write in English. :wink:

See you soon!

Maffei
Maffei
New Trial Member

Become a member for less ads

Already a member? Login

Re: Being polite and saying hello

Post Number:#2  Postby Empiricist-Bruno » September 9th, 2017, 8:26 pm

Welcome to the forum Madden.
A 12 hours wait is nothing here just as time is nothing to some people. Right now, the moderating is usually fast, I think. It isn't always fast. Yes, this place is special and I hope you are able to make it past the moderation period. How can you have such a hard time finding this site?
Yes, this site is fairly unique I believe.
All you need is love- (But not the one from narcissists)
Empiricist-Bruno
Queue Moderator

Favorite Philosopher: Berkeley

Post Number:#3  Postby Maffei » September 12th, 2017, 8:41 am

Thanks for the reception, Bruno.

I couldn't get rid yet of this mode of thought named time. While I'm not an infinite being, my point of view is that of the anxious one.

But hey, why worry if what will be has already happened, isn't it?
Maffei
New Trial Member

Post Number:#4  Postby Steve3007 » September 12th, 2017, 3:18 pm

Welcome Maffei.

I am not yet fluent in English, but I only accept criticism about it if someone shows me that writes in Portuguese better than I write in English. :wink:

Good policy.

Agora que temos o Google Translate, não há desculpa para todos nós não nos comunicar em português. Aposto que a filosofia parece melhor naquele idioma do que em inglês.

Penso, logo existo.

Sim. Ele faz.
"Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch."
Steve3007

Favorite Philosopher: Eratosthenes

Post Number:#5  Postby SimpleGuy » September 15th, 2017, 9:20 am

One can at least avoid hazardous insulting and impoliteness via reformulation of answers in different philosophical or religious terms that are not always associated to you and do this in a polite and soft way. Every dissociative psychological community disorder , can then evolve in a peaceful and polite way if people don't take each other that serious.
SimpleGuy
New Trial Member

Return to Introductions