Hello I am new

Please post all introductions in this forum. Tell us how you found the philosophy forums, what interests you about philosophy, and a little about you, such as your age, where you live, what you do for a living, etc.
Bluedragon
New Trial Member

Hello I am new

Post by Bluedragon » June 19th, 2017, 10:43 am

As I am here I might as well start off with a description.
I am a young individual, I have a unsatisfactory job and hopefully getting a better one soon, I am mostly emotionally stable, and I feel that I am a educated individual.
I am unsure on many things but I can understand most situations and ideas. I will listen to what someone will have to say, but do not expect me to believe everything you say. I came to this site to learn and to figure out what I do not already know and to give my ideas, theories, and over all input, I am also here to give myself a better outlet to discuss deeper topics than I can get on my own.
If anyone wants to have a discussion or debate with me I am happy to do so, but I may not be fully informed on the topic and I would like it to be civil about it. To contact me please use my email bluedragonrulz13 at gmail,com. I may not get to you immediately so be patient. Also I do not know if they will get mad at me for putting my email here.

Woodart

Re: Hello I am new

Post by Woodart » June 19th, 2017, 3:52 pm

Welcome blue - I hope you have a good experience here. I do not think it is a good idea to put your email out in the open. However, that is your prerogative. If, you want a moderator to remove it - just ask in a future post. Best regards.

Dr Beer
New Trial Member

Post by Dr Beer » September 20th, 2017, 7:57 am

Hi...New here and new to philosophy. A pretty simple person with pretty simplistic views on the world. I'm interested in things like how language affects perception, the relationship between language and the real world, what is truth/reality and irrational numbers. Hopefully there are some interesting and informative people here to chat to.
Regards
Chris

LuckyR

Post by LuckyR » September 23rd, 2017, 5:40 pm

Welcome all. Dive into the threads and start your own. No shortage of opinions and experiences to be shared here and little negativity.
"As usual... it depends."

Fellowmater
New Trial Member

Post by Fellowmater » November 23rd, 2017, 11:17 pm

Woodart wrote:Welcome blue - I hope you have a good experience here. I do not think it is a good idea to put your email out in the open. However, that is your prerogative. If, you want a moderator to remove it - just ask in a future post. Best regards.
Welcome to the forums, I am also new in here.

Steve3007
Favorite Philosopher: Eratosthenes

Post by Steve3007 » November 24th, 2017, 8:44 am

Welcome, Bluedragon. I am a fairly old individual who has been here for quite a ridiculously long time. As LuckyR said, dive into the topics, or "threads" as they are colloquially known. and remember: the path to enlightenment has many twists and turns and few can see in advance where it will lead, so we must enjoy the journey as much as we enjoy our anticipation of arriving at the destination. Remember stuff like that.