Hello!

Please post all introductions in this forum. Tell us how you found the philosophy forums, what interests you about philosophy, and a little about you, such as your age, where you live, what you do for a living, etc.
Loosefish Scapegrace
New Trial Member

Hello!

Post by Loosefish Scapegrace » July 23rd, 2018, 2:57 pm

Hello everyone! I'm glad to have found this forum. I studied philosophy at university about 25 years ago but hadn't read much at all for quite a while until very recently, so I'm now trying to get my brain used to it again - not easy after such a long gap!

I'm currently trying to make my way through David Papineau's "Philosophical Devices", which covers a lot of stuff I knew little or nothing about. It's interesting, if sometimes a bit of a slog.

LuckyR

Re: Hello!

Post by LuckyR » July 26th, 2018, 3:14 pm

Loosefish Scapegrace wrote:
July 23rd, 2018, 2:57 pm
Hello everyone! I'm glad to have found this forum. I studied philosophy at university about 25 years ago but hadn't read much at all for quite a while until very recently, so I'm now trying to get my brain used to it again - not easy after such a long gap!

I'm currently trying to make my way through David Papineau's "Philosophical Devices", which covers a lot of stuff I knew little or nothing about. It's interesting, if sometimes a bit of a slog.
Kudos to you for taking on such a slog without the benefit of a high mark at the end of the exercise. Looking forward to your academically informed thoughts on the threads.
"As usual... it depends."