Can't post an intro?

Official website announcements are posted in this forum.

If you have questions, suggestions, or need support or help with anything, please email [email protected].
Papus79

Can't post an intro?

Post by Papus79 »

My very first post and it looks like I'm running into trouble.

I did what I could to work the title out in a novel way on my second try as well and I was warned that my intro was similar to other posts in the forum. I hit send and I see my post count still at zero.

Are the first few posts a person submits reviewed first by forum admins? I just ask because it's confusing - if you say something in the introduction rules about that it would be helpful.

Thank you!
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Re: Can't post an intro?

Post by Sy Borg »

I recommend clicking on the Forum Rules button in the top LH corner and having a read :)
Papus79

Post by Papus79 »

My apologies! I did read most of it, and right after I saw this post not populate I saw the 'less than 20 post' comments. That populates with each posted message as well, I just didn't catch it on the first one.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

I have been busy modding as I am left with most of it ATM for some reason. I will always be too slow in approvals for some of the philosophical slavedrivers here. So it goes.
Papus79

Post by Papus79 »

Right, that wasn't a criticism. I just didn't know what I didn't know.
Gertie

Post by Gertie »

Maybe you need to recruit more mods Greta? The board rules mean a lot of work.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Papus79 wrote:I just didn't know what I didn't know.
Never mind. Based on this this it appears you are done with admin talk and ready for some philosophy :)
Gertie wrote:Maybe you need to recruit more mods Greta? The board rules mean a lot of work.
Alas, I have not the power to do so, Gertie. Scott hired quite a few not so long ago but almost all soon left the forum.

Anyone who wishes to volunteer to be a mod here - especially regulars who are less likely to soon disappear - by all means let me know and when I have enough names I'll chat with Scott about it.
-1-

Post by -1- »

Do you get paid for this, Greta? If not, then you'll soon quit, too, and the site will become moot. No more new people joining, able to join.

If you don't get paid for this job, then the system is doomed to failure.

-- Updated February 20th, 2017, 11:31 pm to add the following --

In addition to my post: experience has shown over and over again that a job done by volunteers which should command remuneration causes burn-out in volunteers, and a general systemic failure in operations, if lacking in a large and sufficiently large supply of new and fresh volunteers.

It is easy to identify those jobs that should be financially compensated: any degree of unpleasantness about them must be compensated. Repetition and a lack of satisfaction of doing a good job (lack of inherent satisfaction or of praise or other benefits) are both reasons to pay for the performance of the job.
This search engine is powered by Hunger, Thirst, and a desperate need to Mate.
Josefina1110

Post by Josefina1110 »

I don't understand the topic, "Can't post an intro?" Intro to what? Does it refer to a story about something I missed? Please clarify.
Papus79

Post by Papus79 »

Josefina1110 wrote:I don't understand the topic, "Can't post an intro?" Intro to what? Does it refer to a story about something I missed? Please clarify.
Go to the Introductions forums and look for my post.

What post?

Exactly.
-1-

Post by -1- »

Maybe the system could be adjusted to require fewer than 20 posts of new users by mods. If the number was reduced to 10 posts or to 5 posts, the workload would become halved or quartered. A tremendous improvement in the lives of mods, a small step for mankind.

-- Updated 2017 February 21st, 12:14 am to add the following --
Josefina1110 wrote:I don't understand the topic, "Can't post an intro?" Intro to what? Does it refer to a story about something I missed? Please clarify.
It refers to the story of how for sure to attain eternal youth and everlasting happiness. Those who missed it, will never get it. It is one of those things, like the Philosophers' Stone, or the New Testament, or the Holy Grail. There is just one of them, and everyone wants it. "The Intro."
This search engine is powered by Hunger, Thirst, and a desperate need to Mate.
Papus79

Post by Papus79 »

-1- wrote:Maybe the system could be adjusted to require fewer than 20 posts of new users by mods. If the number was reduced to 10 posts or to 5 posts, the workload would become halved or quartered. A tremendous improvement in the lives of mods, a small step for mankind.
I have at least two posts still hanging out unapproved from Sunday night and one from yesterday morning.

They might be able to do that or they might be able to build something like a member sandbox, like the intro area and maybe one other general folder, where after that and possibly after a certain number of quality posts a moderator okays a person to post at liberty in other parts of the forum. If approving 20 posts is getting untenable (assuming my introductory and other posts complied with forum rules) something like that might be the better option.

The other possibility I might want to address is whether the approval folder is showing that I have zero posts pending approval right now. That would be a different problem altogether.
Josefina1110

Post by Josefina1110 »

I see. If it is about how for sure to attain eternal youth and everlasting happiness, it will not happen in this fallen world. There is no such a thing as eternal youth and/or eternal happiness while we are in this physical bodies. But that is the goal of Jesus Christ to come down to earth to give us eternal life. This body will waste away because of the plague of troubles and cares that results to unhappiness. But the hope is in our belief in Jesus Christ who is forever young and glorious in the afterlife which is in heaven - the land where we will never grow old as the song goes and where there will be no more sorrow and pain. If we read the Bible, we are made in the image of God which is in the person of Jesus Christ. When Jesus appeared in the furnace with Shadrack, Messack, and Abednego, he was the fourth one the same as the three young people who were thrown into the furnace. When Jesus appeared after the resurrection, he was and forever will be the same as then and forever. If Adam and Eve did not fall into the devil's trap, they would have remained like they were fresh from the oven forever happy and youthful because man is made with eternal purpose of eternal life with the Lord of lords and King of kings.

Return to “Forum Announcements”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream