Announcement: Your votes are in! The January 2019 Philosophy Book of the Month is The Runaway Species: How Human Creativity Remakes the World by David Eagleman and Anthony Brandt.
Help make the Philosophy Forums possible
The Philosophy Forums seek to be the best place on the internet to have civil, in-depth discussions. This requires a lot of moderation of the discussion.
Become a Premium Member!
- Reduced ads
- Can officially propose new rule changes
- Can vote on rule changes
- Can vote on moderators
- Can edit own posts
- New topics not held for moderation
- New posts not held for moderation, if applicable (for new members)
- No automatic filters blocking posts
- Access to private Contributors' Forum
- Ability to download transcript of all posts in single printer-friendly HTML document
- & more!
How to Become a Premium Member
There are three different options for becoming a premium member.
- Pay the premium membership fee of $100 per year.
- Or volunteer as a moderator.
- Or participate fully in the Philosophy Book of the Month Club.
Full participation in the Philosophy Book of the Month Club means that each month you read the book and participate in the discussions about the book by making at least a few on topic posts in the Book of the Month Forum each month.
If you are interested in becoming a premium member using any of the three methods above, please contact Scott.